Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    I have to admit I *headdesked* at the line because it was so naive. But I completely understand why she said it (and needed to say it). Had she actually seen the Wraith at that point, then she would have understood the absurdity of her suggestion.
    Well, the Ancients had seen the Wraith and still tried to negotiate. But I tend to like characters who have a bit of naiveté to them, even though I'm a complete cynic.

OT Hunger Games comment shout out to Southern Red
    Spoiler:
    Maybe that's why I like Peeta so much and want him shipped with Katniss instead of Gale. I love characters who still have ideals. Weird since I'm such a cynic myself.

I forgot about those vision things. One would think it would have gone in the other direction - giving them the ability to make you see 'real' things, like Woolsey's Anna Galvin fantasy
    I thought it was Falcon Horus's Anna Galvin fantasy.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I never got that either. It was "we're doing it the way we want and it doesn't matter what you think" all the way with them. So, therefore, a bunch of people stopped watching. They seemed to take delight in our anger and disappointment. Yet, they can see by the overwhelming response to SparkyCon and the fact that this thread is still going so strong that this ship would have made that show so much better. *shrugs*

I just realized I blew right past 10,000 posts and didn't even notice. Too busy having fun with Sparky.
    Congrats on 10,000 posts!!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    Hey everybody!

Dropping by a new Elizabeth wallpaper that I made.

Spoiler:

oops. GW is apparently cutting off the edge on the right. link to see the whole thing: http://s677.photobucket.com/albums/v...=lizwallie.jpg

Hope everyone's doing well.
    Very pretty!!!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Wasn't Mallozzi the one who spearheaded the McKeller ship? Granted, at the time, I was a big McKeller fan, but that's mainly because I'll ship anything. If I watched a TV show about a forest, I'd probably ship a pine tree and a rock. I'm just that desperate.
    I probably would too.

I don't ship them, but by the end of the show, I was more relaxed about the situation. As time has gone by, IDK what to think about that couple. As has been said before, on paper they should have been an ideal couple. The setup was a complete fiasco - it seemed like they slammed the two of them together without any regard for how it would come across. But in the end, they seemed like an okay couple. In fact, in Atlantis Rising, I kinda like them.
    I do too. Just shows what good writing can accomplish.

Comment

T-minus 1 hour and 30 minutes until Hide and Seek!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Well, the Ancients had seen the Wraith and still tried to negotiate. But I tend to like characters who have a bit of naiveté to them, even though I'm a complete cynic.
      There's that, too.

Right on!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

OT Hunger Games comment shout out to Southern Red
        Spoiler:
        Maybe that's why I like Peeta so much and want him shipped with Katniss instead of Gale. I love characters who still have ideals. Weird since I'm such a cynic myself.

Congrats on 10,000 posts!!

Very pretty!!!

I probably would too.

*staggers in from working on cookbook* "Format" is the new F-word. Anyway, I'm psyched for Hide and Seek. Did that rhyme? I'm worse off than I thought.

And now a word for JT-2 on HG.
        Spoiler:
        *puts arm around shoulder and pats* Just keep reading my dear. Just keep reading.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*staggers in from working on cookbook* "Format" is the new F-word. Anyway, I'm psyched for Hide and Seek. Did that rhyme? I'm worse off than I thought.
          Formatting. That's been the bane of my existence with testing out ePubs for Atlantis Rising. Gah!

And... T-minus 1 hour to Hide and Seek!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Mmm... now I want to watch Tin Man again... *ponders* ...Jack Hunter - Tin Man - Primeval...
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Formatting. That's been the bane of my existence with testing out ePubs for Atlantis Rising. Gah!

And... T-minus 1 hour to Hide and Seek!
              OMG, it's insane. Plus some of the recipes I'm scanning are quite old and the fonts no longer exist. I'll be bald before this is over, but I did just get past a major hurdle that will make the rest of the job go a lot easier. And the little bit I've done looks gorgeous on my iPad.

Now I'm resting until 4:30.
              sigpic

Comment

OMG, it's insane. Plus some of the recipes I'm scanning are quite old and the fonts no longer exist. I'll be bald before this is over, but I did just get past a major hurdle that will make the rest of the job go a lot easier. And the little bit I've done looks gorgeous on my iPad.

Now I'm resting until 4:30.
                Gah! Stupid fonts. At least the hurdle has been overcome. And yay for the sample looking good!

T-minus 30 minutes to Hide and Seek!

Comment

It is just me, or did they change the font? Oh well.

You type very well on that little bitty thing. I have tons of trouble on my iPad. Somehow the shift key always defeats me. LOL
                  I have an LG Optimus slider with a QWERTY keyboard, so shift key is no problema for me. And I was bored; what else was I gonna go, read the news? LOL

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I fixed it in my personal canon -> Slaying The Dreamer

*visualizes this*

Ooh, I don't think I've read that before!

And ... I'm lost. What exactly are you visualizing about my oil change?

Just learned that Joe and Torri are both going to be at DragonCon in Atlanta this year. And the year of SparkyCon continues! \0/
                  Ooh, so much closer to Florida!!! And yet, I don't think I can do it. Drats.

I'm not gonna be here for "Hide and Seek". My mother is pulling the "you-never-spend-any-time-with-me" card and I gotta go hang with her. Even though all I wanna do is stay glued to my computer and manip photos. I'm getting better.

AND ... I'm straightening my hair tonight. It takes about an hour and a half. I may post pics laterz.

Comment

I have an LG Optimus slider with a QWERTY keyboard, so shift key is no problema for me. And I was bored; what else was I gonna go, read the news? LOL
                    LOL!

As for writing on the iPad, I think I'll be getting a wireless keyboard to pair with it before I go on my next road trip.

Ooh, so much closer to Florida!!! And yet, I don't think I can do it. Drats.

I'm not gonna be here for "Hide and Seek". My mother is pulling the "you-never-spend-any-time-with-me" card and I gotta go hang with her. Even though all I wanna do is stay glued to my computer and manip photos. I'm getting better.

AND ... I'm straightening my hair tonight. It takes about an hour and a half. I may post pics laterz.
                    Rats! Sorry you can't make the thon, we'll miss you! And never say never about DragonCon, things can always change between now and then.

Straightening your hair? I keep trying to curl mine!

Comment

T-minus 15 minutes to Hide and Seek!

Comment

I know, me too! I guess we're never happy with what we have.

Comment

I know, me too! I guess we're never happy with what we have.
                          True fax, dat.

And... T-minus 10 minutes until Hide and Seek!

Comment

LOL!

As for writing on the iPad, I think I'll be getting a wireless keyboard to pair with it before I go on my next road trip.

Rats! Sorry you can't make the thon, we'll miss you! And never say never about DragonCon, things can always change between now and then.

I hope you can get the wireless to work. I got a holder for the iPad with a Bluetooth keyboard that works some of the time. I only use it when I have a lot of typing to do, which isn't often.

I had the same thought about the hair. I got perms in mine for many many years. It's so straight even the curling iron has little effect on it. Mousse is my friend. Oh, and sculpting gel. LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

What is hide and seek? Sorry, I'm new here.
                              sigpic

Comment

T-minus 2 minutes!

I hope you can get the wireless to work. I got a holder for the iPad with a Bluetooth keyboard that works some of the time. I only use it when I have a lot of typing to do, which isn't often.
                                I was thinking about getting Apple's wireless keyboard; I figure that's got the best chance of working.

I had the same thought about the hair. I got perms in mine for many many years. It's so straight even the curling iron has little effect on it. Mousse is my friend. Oh, and sculpting gel. LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X