Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    That's pretty much it. Darn thing is scary. Our Metro is mostly smooth and quiet. The EL rattles and clanks and seems to go dangerously close to buildings.
    Yeah, the Monorail is mostly smooth and quiet, but sometimes it gets a little jerky and you can open the windows which brings in wind and engine sounds. And it goes by lots of stuff really, really close; trees, walls, mountains (the Matterhorn). The EL should be an interesting experience.

I've had another angsty creative spurt involving the woobie face. Thanks to Faith Hill's new song for the inspiration.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...s/comehome.jpg
    Aaaahhh! Poor, poor woobie John! Great pic and a great song to inspire it.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ben B was on Chuck last week playing a small part that was totally unCamlike. Made me cringe a little.
      I forgot to mention that! *headsmack* Yeah, I saw that and I had the same reaction. I squeed when I saw his name in the credits, but he makes a *gulp* awkward bad guy. Between seeing him on "Farscape" and "SG-1", I expect to see BenB act a certain way. Still happy to see him holding a gun.

Comment

Hey all,

I think this Chicago con is actually going to happen for me. I sent an email asking them to reconsider putting Joe and Torri on the same day. Everyone else please send emails too!!

And I'll get to meet Irish Eyes! It will be hilarious if I meet her before I meet scifan who only lives 20 minutes away from me.

For the Chicago con if you get a Gold ticket, you pick your seat from their website and that's your spot for the weekend. We got to be friends with all the people around us and had a great time with them. There is a LOT of waiting in your seat to be called for autographs and waiting in line for pics, but that's also fun if you talk to your neighbors. And get to see Joe walk down the hall. Twice.

I would advise also that, if possible, you print out your own pics for the autographs. They sell them there, but the paper is lots thinner than the good stuff you can buy and do at home. That is, if you have a good printer. I believe the cost was around $6 each or so. They sell extra autograph and photo tickets there, and you have to have a ticket for each pic you get them to autograph. The handlers can be quite...ahem...strict, but if you don't make eye contact and just look at the guest, you can get away with a lot. What? Well, you can. But they don't allow you to hand anything to them directly.

Oh, and one of the biggest problems in the Chicago hotel is getting food, so bring snacks.
        Thanks for the tips. I don't have a good printer, but I could have one printed out somewhere around here. I'd love to print down a Sparky picture and have them both sign it.

The Creation web site says that in order to sit with your friends you should order as one group. But if we're picking the seats from the site, why should we have to do that?

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        Between your info and Kitty's plus the Creation site, I think we've got a pretty good picture how this works. But I was wondering, did you have your photo op picture autographed?

Also, how far in advance did you buy your tickets?
        I have to reply to your email, but I am hoping to buy our tickets in the next few days. I want to make sure we get good seats (meaning, an aisle seat ).

I told my aunt about it, and she didn't laugh like I thought she would. However, I am not going to tell my siblings why I'm going to Chicago. They already tease me that I'm just like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.

I second what SK said. I got all possible tickets in advance. You can always add more autograph/pic tickets but the Gold will sell out. I was only able to get my pic with Joe signed and David to autograph my group pic because Joe had already left when the group pic was ready. It's a scheduling challenge sometimes. You'll get a schedule in advance and can kind of plan your attack. Part of the fun. They are good about making announcements from the stage of when pics are ready and reminders that you should go line up for photo sessions. Try to line up early because the lines can be very long, especially for any involving Joe. He is definitely the "Elvis" of the con. LOL

Also, the Chicago hotel is close to a McDonald's and a great pizza place, but having time to run over there is the problem. There is nothing else but other hotels in walking distance. We took a cab to a Target for breakfast stuff. The hotel's restaurant is good but will be crowded. There's a small place that I believe was only open in the mornings, and they set up a sandwich/salad line in the lobby for lunch, but again it's busy. We ate in the bar a lot. I seem to be obsessed with food, but you don't want to miss anything to go eat, so it's a hunter/gatherer society. LOL
        Thanks for the tips! I'll stay at the hotel, so it's good to know that stuff. I'll probably ask you questions about it all again when it gets closer.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Unless Ben Browder happens to be there, too. (which it looks like he won't be this year, but he was at LAX in 2009 along with Joe, and they stuck Ben over in the Farscape room for autographs, probably knowing it would get crowded if they were in the same room )
        OMG Joe and Ben in the same room.... *drools*

Just for giggles, I checked out options for getting from Chicago Union Station out to O'Hare. (no way am I taking a plane!) Not too bad, I could actually take the EL from Union Station to the stop in Rosemont and walk about 3-4 blocks to the hotel. Of course, this is all still pie-in-the-sky at the moment.
        I just got an email back from Adam at Creation saying he'd "look into it" for me. At least I tried.

That's pretty much it. Darn thing is scary. Our Metro is mostly smooth and quiet. The EL rattles and clanks and seems to go dangerously close to buildings.

I've had another angsty creative spurt involving the woobie face. Thanks to Faith Hill's new song for the inspiration.

Spoiler:
        Very nice! That song lyric fits them very well.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          They already tease me that I'm just like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.
          *knock knock knock* Penny! *knock knock knock* Penny! *knock knock knock* Penny!

Sheldon is awesome!! =D You should feel honored.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey all,

I think this Chicago con is actually going to happen for me. I sent an email asking them to reconsider putting Joe and Torri on the same day. Everyone else please send emails too!!

And I'll get to meet Irish Eyes! It will be hilarious if I meet her before I meet scifan who only lives 20 minutes away from me.

Thanks for the tips. I don't have a good printer, but I could have one printed out somewhere around here. I'd love to print down a Sparky picture and have them both sign it.

The Creation web site says that in order to sit with your friends you should order as one group. But if we're picking the seats from the site, why should we have to do that?

I have to reply to your email, but I am hoping to buy our tickets in the next few days. I want to make sure we get good seats (meaning, an aisle seat ).

I told my aunt about it, and she didn't laugh like I thought she would. However, I am not going to tell my siblings why I'm going to Chicago. They already tease me that I'm just like Sheldon on Big Bang Theory.

Thanks for the tips! I'll stay at the hotel, so it's good to know that stuff. I'll probably ask you questions about it all again when it gets closer.

I just got an email back from Adam at Creation saying he'd "look into it" for me. At least I tried.

Very nice! That song lyric fits them very well.
            Yay, I'm glad you are going. Even if they aren't on the same day, you'll get to meet both of them and then I'll be jealous.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hey all,

I really hope you do get to go, that would be awesome!

And seconding the 'email Creation about moving Torri to Sunday' idea; nakedwesley over on the Chicago con 2012 thread kindly posted the email addys to reach Adam and Gary, who run Creation: [email protected] and [email protected]. Hopefully we can get a favorable rescheduling to, ahem, "encourage" a few more of us to make the trek to Chicago.

I think part of it may have to do with making sure there are enough available seats for your entire group. And someone else could also be booking a ticket at the same time you are and snap up a seat between you and your friends if you try to book separately.

The universe would probably explode from the hotness.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Decided to post pic today like I do in the D&V thread I post a pic a day
                sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Is it sad that I immediately recognize what episode that's from?

I kinda derailed the thread with con talk. Did we ever pick a time for the rewatch post-a-thon?

Comment

I kinda derailed the thread with con talk. Did we ever pick a time for the rewatch post-a-thon?
                    Since you derailed it, no we didn't.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Since you derailed it, no we didn't.

Comment

So, let's pick a time. I have a feeling we are going to have to watch whenever we can and then post later due to time zones.

Everybody post when you'd prefer and I will compile the results. List your time zone please.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                          http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/atl_217_333.jpg

Decided to post pic today like I do in the D&V thread I post a pic a day
                          Delicious pic, too.

Is it sad that I immediately recognize what episode that's from?
                          I guess that means we're both sad.

And it's still a delicious pic.

So, let's pick a time. I have a feeling we are going to have to watch whenever we can and then post later due to time zones.

Everybody post when you'd prefer and I will compile the results. List your time zone please.
                          I seem to recall the few responses so far appeared to favor holding a live post-a-thon sometime during the weekend, then having questions and discussion over the following week.

In any event, I'll put myself down for 1:30-4:00 pm Pacific Time (GMT -8:00) on both Saturday and Sunday. (I'm also usually available for that timeslot on most weekdays as well.)

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I guess that means we're both sad.
                            As long as it's not just me.

In any event, I'll put myself down for 1:30-4:00 pm Pacific Time (GMT -8:00) on both Saturday and Sunday. (I'm also usually available for that timeslot on most weekdays as well.)
                            That works for me on weekends. On weekdays the 1:30 would be too early for me.

Comment

As long as it's not just me.
                              Insanity loves company.

That works for me on weekends. On weekdays the 1:30 would be too early for me.
                              That's two for the live viewing & post-a-thon! Who else is in?

Comment

Well I'm up for a re-watch. To be honest I don't have a life so pretty much any evening is fine with me - I'm GMT, so I can probably deal with any time that's decided
                                sigpic
                                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Working...
                                X