No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I know I said that I'd shut up, but I just want to jump in with a thought real quick. Let me just say that I love this show and how the canon shippy bits (any ships) are subtle, cuz it gives us (the fans) a chance to ship for whomever and the nonromos to be happy too. I mean you don't know 100% sure if John and Liz are in a relationship behind the scenes or not, you can only guess, and with all the subtle things we get you can draw your own conclusions, which is one of the things I like about this fandom. Now I think I'm gonna actually try to shut up, later yall, I'll be around.
    McKay: I'm invulnerable!
    Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
    McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
    My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      Well, come on, let's face it...there aren't too many 'love tunes' that match up well to stick fights and assault.

Originally posted by Rubicon
      Ah you forget grasshopper... "Kung Fu Fighting"!
      I was thinkin more along the lines of Nazareth's 'Love Hurts'...

Love hurts, love scars,
      Love wounds, and marks,
      Any one, not tough,
      Or strong, enough
      To take a lot of pain,
      Take a lot of pain
      Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts

Some fools think of happiness
      Blissfulness, togetherness
      Some fools fool themselves i guess
      They're not foolin' me

I know it isn't true,
      I know it isn't true
      Love is just a lie,
      Made to make you blue
      Love hurts, ooh ooh love hurts
      Ooh ooh love hurts
      Ooh ooh...

Love friggin hurts.

Oh yeah, I got chills. Somebody please do the vid.
      Last edited by Bama; 25 October 2005, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        You know, I'm just now getting attached to Lorne, and now I'm angsting over the fact that I have NOTHING on the last two episodes of the season. Grr to you, Mr. Mallozzi, grr to you.
        LOL!!!! Can you believe that they haven't even given him a first name!?!?

Originally posted by JMallozzi
        I don't recall if we ever gave him a first name.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
          LOL!!!! Can you believe that they haven't even given him a first name!?!?

Among a few Lorne fans I've talked to, they've decided to call him Marcus. I wonder if it'll actually become canon, and I see fics where that's his name, heck I even wrote a fic calling him that.
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?

Comment

Zelenka: It broke again? Every Saturday it's the same thing! How many times do I have to tell people that this is very delicate equipment!
            John: *whispers to Elizabeth* we need to switch location.
            Elizabeth: *whispers back* and position. My back is killing me!

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen

Zelenka: It broke again? Every Saturday it's the same thing! How many times do I have to tell people that this is very delicate equipment!
              You're horrible , I just got my mind out of the gutter and there it goes back in again, it's funny though, but still, need to be out.

*runs off to clean mind*

Comment

ROFL!!!

Spoiler:
                Valenship banner by OXNatashaOX

Comment

LOL!!!

What's bizzare is that I can actually *hear* them saying this dialogue to each other in my head!
                  (Is that bad? )

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                    LOL!!!

What's bizzare is that I can actually *hear* them saying this dialogue to each other in my head!
                    (Is that bad? )
                    I'm so totally the wrong person to answer that, seeing that I have thoughts like that too.

Comment

-dies from laughter-

Comment

*waves*
                        Hi there all of you, I lurked here a little a while back, hoping to catch up on back posts before i joined in but you guys are so active... So i decided it was time to go ahead and introduce myself. I've been watching atlantis from day one, but I only recently discovered how to participate in fandom... it's quite a wild ride, isn't it?

Anyway, the John/Elizabeth ship has always been the one that called to me in this show, right from the first episode onward. I like how it has this potential to be a long lasting partnership in many senses of the word. I admire Elizabeth's character and I hope we see more of the Accomplished Diplomat side of her. I could write pages of analysis of John, Liz, the ship and the show, but I'll spare you all (for now at least)

-Sabine

Magic is a flick of the wrist...

Comment

UOTE=Bama]Hey southern,

We'd better talk and be civil while we can as Bama and VA tech are on a collision course with each other right now. Hopefully, that will change.
                          We'll still be friends, at least on this forum.
                          What you point out in regard to Shep/Weir is just one of the many significant differences in contrast to Shep/Teyla. There has just been very, very little personal interaction of any significance between the two of them since very, very early on in the series when it was forced. That necklace and headbutt were from the premiere where it was still assumed by TPTB that Shep/Tey would be the way things would go. the fact of the matter is that Shep and Teyla are still at the exact same personal point they were when the series began.

If anything, I think they've regressed. When was the last time except in Conversion when they had a personal conversation? When he's talking directly to her, he calls her "you". As in, "what about you, are you sensing anything?" No playful banter. They hardly look at each other, except exchanges of the same kind of glances as the rest of the team. There's the "WTF?" glance, the "did you see that?" glance, the "Rodney's at it again glance", and lately the "these earthlings amuse me" glances between Teyla and Ronon. Again I don't mean to hurt any Sheyla supporters. I'm just reporting what my eyes see. Reminds me of a great line from an old Groucho Marx movie when he was caught cheating by his wife. "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

And you're right, the very idea that others in Atlantis 'see' and 'sense' what And, the hug and conversion 'discomfort' proved it ain't a brotherly/sisterly relationship she's building with him either.

I like the way you pointed out the 'culmination' of all the angst. Why culminate it in a moment like that? Why bother? I mean, a pat on the back or a 'Glad to see you home safely' would be what she'd give any other member of the expedition that returned. It was obvious at the moment of that hug that Elizabeth had been bottling her feelings in regard to John for quite a while and now that she's loosed them a little, I don't think she quite knows what to do with them.

On the subject of the hug, I have a personal story. This Sunday a friend came into town for a visit who recently moved away. He just happens to be a Lt.Col USAF, former pilot of Air Force 2 who used to tease me about my TV boyfriend. He came in my house and gave me a really big hug. I poked his ribs and teased him about missing my cooking. We stood there for about 30 seconds with our arms around each other laughing. Nobody got out of breath or had trouble talking and nobody licked their lips. I'm sure all of us have similar stories. That was a hug between buddies.
                          Yeah, OK...Ok...I'll shut up now.[/QUOTE]

I had to get this down before reading further. I know you guys are miles ahead of me.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokwalish
                            *waves*
                            Hi there all of you, I lurked here a little a while back, hoping to catch up on back posts before i joined in but you guys are so active... So i decided it was time to go ahead and introduce myself. I've been watching atlantis from day one, but I only recently discovered how to participate in fandom... it's quite a wild ride, isn't it?

Anyway, the John/Elizabeth ship has always been the one that called to me in this show, right from the first episode onward. I like how it has this potential to be a long lasting partnership in many senses of the word. I admire Elizabeth's character and I hope we see more of the Accomplished Diplomat side of her. I could write pages of analysis of John, Liz, the ship and the show, but I'll spare you all (for now at least)

-Sabine
                            Welcome to crazytown! We're all friendly, so feel free to jump in with pages of analysis! I've been a huge fan of the Sam/Jack thing from way back, and was a Mulder/Scully fan before that --- but you know what? There's just something special about Shep and Weir!
                            A few of us have only been here for a couple of months, so we're relatively new ourselves! Just get into it and have fun! If you love our favourite boy and girl, you're absolutely in the right place!

Comment

*Runs in!* Eep! Really sorry for the...two? three? week absesnce. ;.; College is becoming mean. Very mean. But, I wanted to let you guys know I'm still alive and put in my two cents.

The picture caption is great! ^.^

About subtle-ness, I agree. If you're not sure of your writers (and for entertainment.) Leave us digging! It's wonderful.

A note about music videos- yes, some are just clips thrown together. I'd like to think that many more people plan out thier videos. But, hey, opinions are opinions.

Oh the broadness of a ship, I was talking to one of my friends here on campus and I was asking them if they had any SGA eps because I was trying to make a music video (it's still in the works, being placed behind one I'm making for a different fandom. Sorry! Inspiration!). I didn't tell her that it was a Shep/Wier clips because she's not really into shippiness or romance in general.

Well, low and behold, she started spirting out all the shippy moments we'd yank up, more so then the average viewer. Her explination: "Just because I'm not really into them, dosen't mean I don't see them. I see a lot." Case and point about general audience.
                              "Scientists say juggling is good for the brain....Or...was that...Jelllll-o?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulSpinder
                                Oh the broadness of a ship, I was talking to one of my friends here on campus and I was asking them if they had any SGA eps because I was trying to make a music video (it's still in the works, being placed behind one I'm making for a different fandom. Sorry! Inspiration!). I didn't tell her that it was a Shep/Wier clips because she's not really into shippiness or romance in general.

Well, low and behold, she started spirting out all the shippy moments we'd yank up, more so then the average viewer. Her explination: "Just because I'm not really into them, dosen't mean I don't see them. I see a lot." Case and point about general audience.
                                Ha! We're infiltrating the mainstream! I love it!

Comment

Working...
                                X