No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We all owe a debt to those that went away. Wars are started by governments, but fought by the people.

My grandparents met in WWII, but ASAIR I don't think anyone else has served in a war since then (the ages didn't quite mesh up). It's weird looking at photo's of them (both now deceased) in their uniforms. I remember being a kid and saying to Grandma "Grandma, you had RED hair".

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Thanks. He was a cool guy all his life. It's not as obvious in this pic as in others, but we looked exactly alike in pics of both of us in our 20's. But when I got older, I looked more like my mom. Spooky.
    You're mom is called Spooky? Kidding You must take after your dad in that department. I don't know you in RL, but I like you and generally I'm a pretty hard sell
    sigpic

Comment

Um, first world problem here. I tried to comment on Rising yesterday, and it ate 15/16th of my comment. Then it wouldn't let me delete it. Yeah, I get those Fake Yadda Bla Bla attacks but my anti-virus software seems to be beating the **** out of that.

I think y'all were talking about Firefox being the one for trouble free browsing on that site? I downloaded that, but now it won't let me log in. Grrrr. Maybe this is why the browsing/reading count is so high, yet there aren't a heap of comments. I wouldn't have persevered if it weren't for the fact that my 'comment' doesn't make any sense.
      sigpic

Comment

I also found I couldn't log in using Firefox. It gave me a message about a bad captcha something or other. I was only able to comment from IE. Didn't try to comment using Safari. Once I find one that works I stop trying.

BTW - I go into the living room to find my mom watching something in Spanish. She doesn't speak Spanish. She tells me since it's James Bond with Sean Connery that it doesn't matter - she just wants to see the good looking man. My own thunking doesn't seem so abnormal anymore. At least I watch SGA in English.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          We all owe a debt to those that went away. Wars are started by governments, but fought by the people.

My grandparents met in WWII, but ASAIR I don't think anyone else has served in a war since then (the ages didn't quite mesh up). It's weird looking at photo's of them (both now deceased) in their uniforms. I remember being a kid and saying to Grandma "Grandma, you had RED hair".

You're mom is called Spooky? Kidding You must take after your dad in that department. I don't know you in RL, but I like you and generally I'm a pretty hard sell
          Thanks. Yeah, my mom was pretty spooky. If you had known her, you would understand. LOL

My dad and I had the same sense of humor. And it has also been passed on to SR Jr. My mom was one of those people who never got the jokes even after you explained them to her.

Rodney: You're telling jokes about me again, aren't you? I can just tell.
          Elizabeth: No, Rodney, we were just...ummm
          John: giggling about...something funny Chuck said. Yeah, that's it.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Um, first world problem here. I tried to comment on Rising yesterday, and it ate 15/16th of my comment. Then it wouldn't let me delete it. Yeah, I get those Fake Yadda Bla Bla attacks but my anti-virus software seems to be beating the **** out of that.

I think y'all were talking about Firefox being the one for trouble free browsing on that site? I downloaded that, but now it won't let me log in. Grrrr. Maybe this is why the browsing/reading count is so high, yet there aren't a heap of comments. I wouldn't have persevered if it weren't for the fact that my 'comment' doesn't make any sense.
            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I also found I couldn't log in using Firefox. It gave me a message about a bad captcha something or other. I was only able to comment from IE. Didn't try to comment using Safari. Once I find one that works I stop trying.

BTW - I go into the living room to find my mom watching something in Spanish. She doesn't speak Spanish. She tells me since it's James Bond with Sean Connery that it doesn't matter - she just wants to see the good looking man. My own thunking doesn't seem so abnormal anymore. At least I watch SGA in English.
            We have no idea what's causing the problems on SGAR. Kris has tried every trick known to man to find the problem. Mr. SR says it all sounds like individual problems with people's browsers, but that sounds like too much of a coincidence to me. It's impossible to find the problem without knowing all sorts of info on each error. Firefox is usually very dependable. I'd say reboot and try again.
            sigpic

Comment

Speaking of internet problems, is anyone else having trouble getting GW to load? All my other usual web haunts are working fine, so I know it's not my connection...

College Football Saturday update: USC vs. Washington is on right now, USC winning 23-3 with a couple of minutes to go in the first half. Sweet!

Great pic of your dad, SR! He looks like one cool cat.

Thanks. Yeah, my mom was pretty spooky. If you had known her, you would understand. LOL

My dad and I had the same sense of humor. And it has also been passed on to SR Jr. My mom was one of those people who never got the jokes even after you explained them to her.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x15-1178.jpg
              Bwahahah! John, Elizabeth, you two are such BAD liars!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone, out of NaNoland....aka my historical novel which has historical characters emulating sci fi characters from my favorite shows and casting some of my favorite actors as the PBs.

It is kinda strange though. I have one couple based off Sparky. The husband is the laid back childish one, while the wife is more pratical and in busines. However they make a great team running a family. However the character I see Torri Higginson playing is married to the character I envision Robert Davi playing. So while we have a Sparky like couple going on we have Elizabeth's image marrying Kolya >.<
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

TLM: Now that's just twisted.

On the college football front: My USC Trojans mauled the Washington Huskies, 40-17. Life is good in Troy. Eri's Georgia Bulldogs equally mauled Auburn, 45-7, Air Force fell to Wyoming, 25-17, Navy beat SMU, 24-17, and Rutgers beat Army, 27-12. And of course, SR's Virginia Tech smacked Georgia Tech on Thursday, 37-26. So a mixed bag for the military academies, but it's been a good weekend for the fan teams!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

On the college football front: My USC Trojans mauled the Washington Huskies, 40-17. Life is good in Troy. Eri's Georgia Bulldogs equally mauled Auburn, 45-7, Air Force fell to Wyoming, 25-17, Navy beat SMU, 24-17, and Rutgers beat Army, 27-12. And of course, SR's Virginia Tech smacked Georgia Tech on Thursday, 37-26. So a mixed bag for the military academies, but it's been a good weekend for the fan teams!
                    You are just our own little ESPN, aren't you? Thanks for keeping us informed on sports. LOL When I tried to type "sports", I typed "sparks" instead. ROTFLMAO!
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey at least the Sparky based characters are married, just the Kolya/Liz ship took over as well *runs*
                      BALCONIES
                      The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                      sigpic

Comment

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-3x15-1178.jpg
                        *Giggles* Poor McKay........ *Pulls Rodney into the corner for huggles *

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                        Hello everyone, out of NaNoland....aka my historical novel which has historical characters emulating sci fi characters from my favorite shows and casting some of my favorite actors as the PBs.

It is kinda strange though. I have one couple based off Sparky. The husband is the laid back childish one, while the wife is more pratical and in busines. However they make a great team running a family. However the character I see Torri Higginson playing is married to the character I envision Robert Davi playing. So while we have a Sparky like couple going on we have Elizabeth's image marrying Kolya >.<

Sorry TLM going to have to side with Scary Kitty on this one!!!!

Have been playing with some old art for the latest challenge on the AfA thread (and my sparky muse is still fairly awake!! )

sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post

Have been playing with some old art for the latest challenge on the AfA thread (and my sparky muse is still fairly awake!! )

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...arkyDoOver.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...rkyDoOvera.jpg
                          Those were great. Never get tired of that scene.
                          sigpic

Comment

[]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/MRsparkyDoOver.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/MRsparkyDoOvera.jpg[/IMG]

I have to say I love it when your Sparky muse hits! That quote is perfect.

You guys will be so impressed by the Sparky Advent stuff she's created.

Comment

I have to say I love it when your Sparky muse hits! That quote is perfect.

You guys will be so impressed by the Sparky Advent stuff she's created.
                              *Blush* I just hope everyone likes them
                              sigpic
                              Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

It's quiet and sunny here at Casa Kitty, a far cry from all the rain we had yesterday. But it's still cold. Brrr!

You are just our own little ESPN, aren't you? Thanks for keeping us informed on sports. LOL When I tried to type "sports", I typed "sparks" instead. ROTFLMAO!
                                LOL! Now that's one heck of a Freudian slip!

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...arkyDoOver.jpg

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...rkyDoOvera.jpg
                                Oh, those are lovely! That scene never fails to make my shipper heart flutter, and that quote is very fitting.

*Blush* I just hope everyone likes them
                                What's not to love? Your work is awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X