Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Oh yes and the fact she could of raised the bottle and turned around to face any of the thousands of people around her and she chose John a man she has yet to get to know. That says alot
    Indeed, it does.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
    I've got a question regarding Simon. I would swear TPTB said at one point they were working on the assumption that Simon and Elizabeth were married. Then at some point it was decided they didn't like that and just dropped it (all similar to the fiancee story). Anybody remember this? It makes sense to me that they thought this because I think that's the only way Elizabeth gets to tell him where she is really going.
    I seem to recall hearing something about Mallozzi saying he thought they were engaged/married before they decided to break them up in Season 2. *shrugs*

They did this a lot - playing it one way and then changing their minds later. So frustrating. Elizabeth was the prime example with the dead - not dead - she's a replicator - she's Fran - she's dead.

Where's a good show bible when you need one?
    No kidding! Would've probably saved us (and them) a lot of needless frustration and confusion over a great many issues. Go figure. *joins in the *
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I just finished watching Rising. Damn, the chemistry was there from the first moment.

Spoiler:
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

gateraid - love your avatar choice!

Uh oh, better be on topic.

Comment

What the *bleep*? I finally got to 2000 posts and I still can't see where I can add my custom avatar. What is the screen where I'd add that? I went to "Edit Avatar" and it's still the same preset options.

@#$%@#%$

Edit - It seems that GateWorld just needed a few minutes to catch up.

Looky, looky I have a Sparktober avatar!!

Congrats! Good avatar choice. Funny how sparktober has such a nice ring to it, and they are doing a con together in October. I love it when a plan comes together.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
          Oh yes and the fact she could of raised the bottle and turned around to face any of the thousands of people around her and she chose John a man she has yet to get to know. That says alot
          Isn't that the scene where Rodney is standing right beside John? But he's looking all around and not at her, so she was oriented more toward John, whom she never breaks eye contact with by the way. Funny way to act for co-workers who just met. It's like they have a personal connection, or something.

I've got a question regarding Simon. I would swear TPTB said at one point they were working on the assumption that Simon and Elizabeth were married. Then at some point it was decided they didn't like that and just dropped it (all similar to the fiancee story). Anybody remember this? It makes sense to me that they thought this because I think that's the only way Elizabeth gets to tell him where she is really going.

They did this a lot - playing it one way and then changing their minds later. So frustrating. Elizabeth was the prime example with the dead - not dead - she's a replicator - she's Fran - she's dead.

Where's a good show bible when you need one?
          I don't remember TPTB saying anything, but I do remember Garwin Sanford's interview right here on GW.

Spoiler:
          GW: One of the big questions is was Simon Elizabeth's husband or just her boyfriend? Is that another -- do you know for sure which one he was because they never specifically say. And some of the producers have said "He is her husband."

GS: Yes, OK. If the producers have said it, so can I. In the first episode I was her husband. And in the second episode I was still her husband because it was a dream sequence --

GW: -- "Home" --

GS: -- Yeah, exactly, where they come back. Not a dream sequence, but the aliens give them the ability to live out their life as they would like to have happen. And I think they realized that they painted themselves into a bit of a corner with the character. What are they going to do with this guy? Are they going to take me and make me a regular on the series?

GW: Which would tie her down.

GS: Yeah, exactly. I just think they realized that it wasn't a good place to go. They saw where the show was headed and they realized, and I think they made the right choice for the show. It was a smart choice, unfortunately for me. When they brought me back they changed my name.

GW: Wallace.

GS: Yes. So the thing was, and I don't think in the first episodes they even had my last name on the credits. So they looked back and they decided. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. That's how you do shows. You look at them, you start something off, and then you realize "This isn't going to service us" about the storytelling. And as far as I'm concerned, that's always where you have to go.

At the moment I'm in charge of the acting department at a film/arts school up here in Langara College called Film Arts Branch. Two years ago they asked me if I would head this up. My Alma Mater is Studio 58, which is the theater school up here at Langara College up here in Vancouver. And I used to teach them some film stuff. And they asked me to get involved in starting this film branch, which we did two years ago. This is our second year. And we teach them how to make short films.

"I've met someone," is Simon's heartbreaking confession to Weir in "The Intruder."
          And this is what I keep telling them over and over and over again: the most important thing is the story. Story, story. I'll forgive production values, I'll forgive everything if your story follows through. The series starts to develop, you have an idea where it's going, but until your characters start living it, where do you take it? And they saw where it was going, and I didn't fit in. So.

Notice that he says "They saw WHERE IT WAS GOING, and I didn't fit in." Veeerrrryyyy interesting. It's obvious they changed their minds about a lot of things during the course of the show.

And in case you thought I'd forget.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Congrats! Good avatar choice. Funny how sparktober has such a nice ring to it, and they are doing a con together in October. I love it when a plan comes together.
            And the con is at the end of month. The perfect end cap to Sparktober!

Isn't that the scene where Rodney is standing right beside John? But he's looking all around and not at her, so she was oriented more toward John, whom she never breaks eye contact with by the way. Funny way to act for co-workers who just met. It's like they have a personal connection, or something.
            But that's not canon, you silly!! He was obviously looking at her because she didn't know she had spinach stuck between her teeth. He thought "how stupid is this evil tyrant?"

I don't remember TPTB saying anything, but I do remember Garwin Sanford's interview right here on GW.

Spoiler:
            GW: One of the big questions is was Simon Elizabeth's husband or just her boyfriend? Is that another -- do you know for sure which one he was because they never specifically say. And some of the producers have said "He is her husband."

GS: Yes, OK. If the producers have said it, so can I. In the first episode I was her husband. And in the second episode I was still her husband because it was a dream sequence --

GS: -- Yeah, exactly, where they come back. Not a dream sequence, but the aliens give them the ability to live out their life as they would like to have happen. And I think they realized that they painted themselves into a bit of a corner with the character. What are they going to do with this guy? Are they going to take me and make me a regular on the series?

GS: Yeah, exactly. I just think they realized that it wasn't a good place to go. They saw where the show was headed and they realized, and I think they made the right choice for the show. It was a smart choice, unfortunately for me. When they brought me back they changed my name.

GS: Yes. So the thing was, and I don't think in the first episodes they even had my last name on the credits. So they looked back and they decided. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. That's how you do shows. You look at them, you start something off, and then you realize "This isn't going to service us" about the storytelling. And as far as I'm concerned, that's always where you have to go.

At the moment I'm in charge of the acting department at a film/arts school up here in Langara College called Film Arts Branch. Two years ago they asked me if I would head this up. My Alma Mater is Studio 58, which is the theater school up here at Langara College up here in Vancouver. And I used to teach them some film stuff. And they asked me to get involved in starting this film branch, which we did two years ago. This is our second year. And we teach them how to make short films.

"I've met someone," is Simon's heartbreaking confession to Weir in "The Intruder."
            And this is what I keep telling them over and over and over again: the most important thing is the story. Story, story. I'll forgive production values, I'll forgive everything if your story follows through. The series starts to develop, you have an idea where it's going, but until your characters start living it, where do you take it? And they saw where it was going, and I didn't fit in. So.

Notice that he says "They saw WHERE IT WAS GOING, and I didn't fit in." Veeerrrryyyy interesting. It's obvious they changed their minds about a lot of things during the course of the show.
            Oh that's VERY interesting. I hadn't read that interview before. They saw where it was going.... as in, we know Sparky is huge and we want lots of flirting in season 2, which they ultimately did. Season 2 was the big flirting season, as far as I'm concerned.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ealworld-1.gif
            *happy shippy sigh*

On LJ, Quiet Jay posted a great Sparky quiz. I got 100%. It seems I'm too obsessed. How do you guys make out?

http://sparktober.livejournal.com/38948.html

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

You'd think there was an outbreak of fate going around. Hee.

But that's not canon, you silly!! He was obviously looking at her because she didn't know she had spinach stuck between her teeth. He thought "how stupid is this evil tyrant?"

Spoiler:

Well, well, well. Isn't that interesting? "They saw where it was going?" Sure sounds like they knew what they were doing there, which totally blows certain later protests that there was nothing to see and we should move along totally out of the water.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ealworld-1.gif
              Ahhhh. I love that scene. John is so very heroic and manly even without picking up a gun to shoot the bad guy.

On LJ, Quiet Jay posted a great Sparky quiz. I got 100%. It seems I'm too obsessed. How do you guys make out?

I got 96%. Hmm, I think it's time to for a series rewatch.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And the con is at the end of month. The perfect end cap to Sparktober!

Oh that's VERY interesting. I hadn't read that interview before. They saw where it was going.... as in, we know Sparky is huge and we want lots of flirting in season 2, which they ultimately did. Season 2 was the big flirting season, as far as I'm concerned.

*happy shippy sigh*

I missed one. I still think I'm right though. *fumes childishly* I don't remember John threatening to destroy the city if Kolya didn't let Elizabeth go.
                sigpic

Comment

I missed one. I still think I'm right though. *fumes childishly* I don't remember John threatening to destroy the city if Kolya didn't let Elizabeth go.
                  Yes he did. He said he'd set the self destruct if he harmed her.

*gloats childishly* LOL!

Comment

Yes he did. He said he'd set the self destruct if he harmed her.

*gloats childishly* LOL!
                    Pfffftttt!
                    sigpic

Comment

Now now, play nice everyone.

But don't feel too bad, SR, I could swear a couple of those questions were phrased oddly and I wondered if they were trick questions. Meh.

Comment

Pfffftttt!
                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Now now, play nice everyone.

But don't feel too bad, SR, I could swear a couple of those questions were phrased oddly and I wondered if they were trick questions. Meh.
                        You guys are just upset that a relative newbie showed you up.

Oh you know I'm just teasing!

1bighug.jpg

KISSxSparky.gif

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32441[/ATTACH]
                          Yeah, well it's all fresher to you. Just wait until I do my rewatch.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wasn't SK going to do a rewatch with her Blu-ray set? I'm always in favor of a rewatch. Especially one with the feed that I got instead of those alternates.

Comment

Fic rec time.

Do You Want To Talk? by miera

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32441[/ATTACH]
                                Heeheehee!

Wasn't SK going to do a rewatch with her Blu-ray set? I'm always in favor of a rewatch. Especially one with the feed that I got instead of those alternates.
                                A group rewatch would be grand! Only question is, when could we schedule it so we could all watch, squee and snark at the same time?

Oh, John. Tying himself into knots for no reason, all because he doesn't want to mess up what he's got with Lizzeh. He wants her so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X