Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    A bit of general news, but if you haven't seen it yet, there's been official confirmation of a third season of Atlantis. (Tenth season of SG-1, too, but it's Atlantis that matters here, right? )
    Was there really any danger that they wouldn't be? I honestly don't know. I do know that these shows are somewhat expensive to make but doing them in Canada does help and I'm sure the cast doesn't make Hollywood type salaries either but still...

Aren't SG-1, SGA and BSG the three most successful shows in the history of Sci-fi network? I mean, what else would they try and 'build' around w/o them? They make gobs of money off them in syndication I'm sure too. I just can't imagine that they wouldn't try to keep them on as long as possible. I was a bit more concerned for SG-1 in that it honestly imo, hasn't been very impressive this year and I think they're missing Jack a lot. I thought perhaps they might just decide to finish up some dangling things and fold it after year 9. It just seems like a drastically different show now and there was some talk from some fans about a couple of the regulars joining the SGA cast should TPTB decide to end it. (Which btw, I HATE the idea of)

Comment

Originally posted by gwenhwyfar
      'Tis true... That poor jar... And it's really kinda pretty.

I love that con pic of Torri. She looks so...normal. Not like a star. I hope people understand what I mean.
      Yup! She looks like... people! She doesn't go out spending cash and she doesn't dress up so formal for every little thing and she still looks great! I think she's a great roll model.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
        I thought perhaps they might just decide to finish up some dangling things and fold it after year 9. It just seems like a drastically different show now and there was some talk from some fans about a couple of the regulars joining the SGA cast should TPTB decide to end it. (Which btw, I HATE the idea of)
        I think, imo, they *probably* and I mean *probably* should have ended it with season 8. I'm mixed when it comes to s9. It's kind of annoying but at the same time, I don't feel like I want to change the channel right away. I just hope it doesn't end up like XF did.

As for making them regulars...... dude, they DO NOT BELONG IN ATLANTIS!

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
          Yup! She looks like... people! She doesn't go out spending cash and she doesn't dress up so formal for every little thing and she still looks great! I think she's a great roll model.
          i get that too... i hope that she is like that when i meet her... i am so looking forward to ii... shep/weir questions...hhmmm..

Comment

I think, imo, they *probably* and I mean *probably* should have ended it with season 8. I'm mixed when it comes to s9. It's kind of annoying but at the same time, I don't feel like I want to change the channel right away. I just hope it doesn't end up like XF did.

As for making them regulars...... dude, they DO NOT BELONG IN ATLANTIS!
            I watch both shows. If SG1 were to end after season 10, the only person I would like to see crossover into SGA would be Daniel. I think he would fit in rather nicely.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
              I watch both shows. If SG1 were to end after season 10, the only person I would like to see crossover into SGA would be Daniel. I think he would fit in rather nicely.
              Meh, I wouldn't even want Daniel. I haven't liked him much since Season 5. The only SG-1 character I think I'd really enjoy on Atlantis is Teal'c, and that's mostly because Teal'c and Ronon would make an awesome killing machine.
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Meh, I wouldn't even want Daniel. I haven't liked him much since Season 5. The only SG-1 character I think I'd really enjoy on Atlantis is Teal'c, and that's mostly because Teal'c and Ronon would make an awesome killing machine.
                I still kinda like the brat, but Atlantis is already full of know-it-alls, thank you very much!

Comment

*Waves White Flag*

Hi everyone....I come in peace...
                  I don't know if you have heard, but I want to extend to you the invitation....
                  I was told that some of you here are a Teyla fan...and I've actually see one who is....so...I was asked to go around in other threads by my peers who visit these threads and extend this to you...

On November 13th I will be attending a con in which Rachel Luttrell will be a special guest star....I am in the process of doing a scrapbook with anything and everything about her...Her fans are including some of the following ideas...writing letters, pics, quotes, websites, news, drawings, great postings...and anything that shows how much we appreciate and love Atlantis and Rachel Luttrell...

If any of you would like to send a message to Rachel and include your favorite Weir moments that somehow include Teyla, or anything related to your appreciation of this actress and her character, I would be more than happy to include it in the scrapbook....Please feel free to PM me or go to the Teyla appreciation thread if you would like to post a note or anything that comes to your mind...

Sorry, to interrupt your conversation, but again, I was told that some of you here or most of you are viewing Teyla as a great character and I want to include as many of her fans as I can to bring her a great scrapbook with credit to all of those involved....

I hope that you consider my invitation....and I do hope I didn't step over any boundaries here...If you know of anyone that would be interested, I would appreciate you passing the word along...I won't interrupt you guys again, and again, any response, please go to the Teyla threads, or PM me...

Thanks...
                  sigpic

Comment

-waves to Camy- I'll stop by right now.

Comment

For some reason, this reminds me of the time when CJ talked about how he was being stalked by a group of fans in France, and I think it was at Comic Con when the moderator was like "CJ did you you say you needed a bodyguard?" Then they brought out Jason Momoa. I think they head locked each other for a bit and gave each other a hug before Jason ran backstage again.
                      ~Athena

Comment

When I first arrived here, I mentioned Torri on that 'am I annoying or not' website. One of the reasons she's listed as being annoying is that she once wore a $20 skirt to the Gemini awards where she was a presenter! I think that's a reason not to see her as annoying! If that's true, I love that!
                        Here's her listing: http://www.amiannoyingornot.com/(y4q....aspx?ID=13665

Comment

They had trouble casting a lot of the leads. I know Torri didn't have much notice (and she wasn't the first Elizabeth Weir), Joe was cast about a week before filming, and David was brought in as McKay after they gave up trying to cast a completely different character as the scientist. I have no idea what kind of character they were thinking of using, but thank goodness they could get David Hewlett in to reprise his role. And Rachel wasn't cast until the absolute last minute. I get the sense that they got a much different cast than they were originally envisioning. But it turned out to be a group with terrific chemistry and presence.

I thought Torri must have been cast first, because she'd already done SG1. Joe's spoken about the fact that they had no idea who to cast, and it was a last minute thing with him -- they saw him and they loved him (what's not to love??)
                          I've aso heard about the DH thing. That they were going to cast another character, but he inquired about where McKay could be part of the new show and they decided to use him.
                          Whatever, they got a great bunch together. And they may not be as close as the SG1 cast, but that's the sort of thing that builds over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                            When I first arrived here, I mentioned Torri on that 'am I annoying or not' website. One of the reasons she's listed as being annoying is that she once wore a $20 skirt to the Gemini awards where she was a presenter! I think that's a reason not to see her as annoying! If that's true, I love that!
                            Here's her listing: http://www.amiannoyingornot.com/(y4q....aspx?ID=13665
                            I've been there before... unfortunately... I still don't understand why they think the name Addy Tiwiggy Chicken Legs Killer is so annoying! Imho, I think that's an awesome name for her dog!

Even if it's a hassel when giving him commands.

Comment

I've been there before... unfortunately... I still don't understand why they think the name Addy Tiwiggy Chicken Legs Killer is so annoying! Imho, I think that's an awesome name for her dog!

Even if it's a hassel when giving him commands.
                              I hope you voted for her as 'not annoying' while you were there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rubicon
                                I still kinda like the brat, but Atlantis is already full of know-it-alls, thank you very much!
                                I'm with Mel on this one. I don't particularly 'mind' Daniel (though he's grated me more this year for some reason) but Atlantis is full of experts and Elizabeth herself is the resident linguistics / ancient expert for when they need one. I could stand him being 'called in for a specific purpose at some point in a one-shot (though I must say I don't care for crossovers either) but I don't want him on the regular cast-no way-no how. There's already not enough screentime for everyone of SGA's characters to develop as richly as I want them to. Plus with him there, he would automatically become one of the 'stars' of the show even perhaps overshadowing John and I'm sorry, but I don't want that. I like my two big leads getting main focus in Torri and Joe and their wonderful handful of supporting cast getting the remainder. There is simply no room for another 'star' from SG-1 to move into Atlantis permanently. I don't want Caldwell even joining the cast on a perm. basis. The way they've got it for this year and next with him as a recurring guy is ok for now but I hope they aren't tempted to make the cast any bigger. They've got great guys like Zellenka and Lorne and even Heightmeyer that I'd enjoy seeing a little more of and it's hard enough to squeeze them in in spots.

I say 'no' to any SG-1 characters on atlantis.

Comment

Working...
                                X