Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    You had me at sex. Then you lost me with lots of Jason.

Note to self: remember this page, because I can't bookmark on this computer.
    POST-IT!!

Yeah, I heard about that (the incident, not the memorial). The memorial sounds....worrying.
    The event started at 6pm tonight, and I just took a look outside - the sky has gone darker, rainy dark but nothing to worry about. So that's good.

I don't know which side of the one-sided you're referring to, but even if it's ours, if it's a SGA gen thing, it should be what it says on the tin: gen.
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I can't speak for FH, but I find the SGA Newsletter very heavily McShep. I go there for the news about the cast and con reports, plus the occasional Sparky story. I have found also that mislabeling fic is common, so you have to read with caution.
    What she said - it's very strongly McShep though one can sent in their own stories. And they even picked up on a mistake I wrote in a post, blatantly copying it before I fixed it. =P I accidently excluded all the secondary women of SG1 and SGU from a post I made to my LJ comm Secondary Women of Stargate. It took me a while to fix it - several hours later in fact - but apparently by that time the newsletter folks had already spotted the post as it was -> Secondary Women of Atlantis...

He knows, but remembering is always iffy with Joe. At the ChiCon, he said he had only kissed guest stars on the show. He seems to have forgotten his two female cast members. LOL Or maybe he didn't consider those real kisses. *plants tongue firmly in cheek*
    Maybe someone should remind him in France. *whistles*

Ages ago I read a fic in which John was a woman and Elizabeth was teaching him how to shave his legs. For some reason, I still can't get that picture out of my mind. I think a bathtub was involved. I may be hallucinating.

Did someone really write a fic like that mean Lizzie one? That is so childish. I can't imagine who would do something so asinine.
    Sweetie, I think your halo just fell off your head... if it was ever attached that is.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      Thanks JT!!!
      How did I miss this? Happy Birthday, Pocus!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
      @Southern Red

Here you go, there are 3 different sizes - just choose the one that suits you best

but can(Under spoiler tags for size )

The last two are really different sizes, honest (at least when I'm looking at them in the preview... just doesn't look like it when it's posted!!!)
      You are my new favorite. The biggest one is perfect. Thanks.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

You are my new favorite. The biggest one is perfect. Thanks.
        That's sweet, Thank you. I will do some more as soon as I get some ideas........
        sigpic
        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Thanks SR!!!

You ready for Irene? Earthquake and Hurricane all in one week. Sparky must be busy shaking up the weather patterns and moving the Earth.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks SR!!!

You ready for Irene? Earthquake and Hurricane all in one week. Sparky must be busy shaking up the weather patterns and moving the Earth.
            Tell me about it. And I'm loving all the jokes. I think somebody up there is telling this city to straighten up or die. LOL

We were supposed to just get rain, but now they are saying 100MPH winds. That beyotch Irene appears to have moved a bit west. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow, so pray for me. I'm thinking I might need to go ahead and buy some food that won't have to be cooked just in case the power goes out. I hate this kind of stuff. Why can't the weather always be perfect? *whines*
            sigpic

Comment

Tell me about it. And I'm loving all the jokes. I think somebody up there is telling this city to straighten up or die. LOL

We were supposed to just get rain, but now they are saying 100MPH winds. That beyotch Irene appears to have moved a bit west. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow, so pray for me. I'm thinking I might need to go ahead and buy some food that won't have to be cooked just in case the power goes out. I hate this kind of stuff. Why can't the weather always be perfect? *whines*
              We might just go tonight to get some stuff. I know Hubby wants to get propane in case the electric goes out. When Isabel hit, we lost power for a total of 27 minutes. Others were out for days. I don't want to take the chance this time. It might be our turn. We are probably a bit more inland than you are. We are near York, PA, but it still can get us.
              sigpic

Comment

We might just go tonight to get some stuff. I know Hubby wants to get propane in case the electric goes out. When Isabel hit, we lost power for a total of 27 minutes. Others were out for days. I don't want to take the chance this time. It might be our turn. We are probably a bit more inland than you are. We are near York, PA, but it still can get us.
                Always a good idea to be prepared. We hardly ever lose power because all the lines are underground, but the really big powerlines aren't and we have a ton of big trees around here. We are seriously overdue. We'll watch the news carefully and reassess tomorrow.

Good luck to everybody.
                sigpic

Comment

MD and NJ have already declared a State of Emergency. PA will probably wait. *sigh* Must go get my pool deck cleared off.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday and Happy Birthday to Pocus!

Everybody in the path of Irene, stay safe out there! *sends lots of hugs*

You're not wrong. He knows and approves. He even handed out our business cards in Sweden.
                    I think the crew headed to France needs to make sure that Torri and Joe get more of those cards.

I can't speak for FH, but I find the SGA Newsletter very heavily McShep. I go there for the news about the cast and con reports, plus the occasional Sparky story. I have found also that mislabeling fic is common, so you have to read with caution.
                    Yeah, the people in charge of that comm aren't terribly careful about making sure everything is categorized properly. If all they're going to do is slack around on the stuff they don't like, why don't they just start a comm focusing on what they do like and turn over the general SGA comm to someone who can be objective and balanced toward the fandom as a whole? Oh well.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Some of you already know this story, but I think I should give fair warning to others as well. I unsubscribed to it after reading a "gen" piece with nastiness towards Elizabeth. They had everyone acting like they couldn't stand her. Yeah, that's why Teyla and John were both in tears at one point over her. They were happy tears that she was finally gone. Yeah, sure.

I'm pretty sure I catch all the Sparky goodness in the J/E comm.
                    Darn. I think I had finally managed to block the memory of that story out of my mind, and now it's back again.

But you must admit, he'd make a dang pretty woman. And much much better than McKay. I would only go for those gender switch fics if they were humor. No sex. I loved the ones when John and Liz switched bodies also.
                    I seem to recall at least one that had them both in the same body, much like McKay and Cadman in Duet.

Did someone really write a fic like that mean Lizzie one? That is so childish. I can't imagine who would do something so asinine.
                    *snerks*

SQUEE! They're so darn cute!

Thanks SR!!!

Well, we always did know that those two were out of this world. Hah!

I think pigs might fly before that happens. Do you suppose if they're picked up and flung around by hurricane force winds, that would count?

You'd have to move out to California, I'm afraid. Of course, then you'll have to deal with more earthquakes.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

@Pocus
                      MD and NJ have already declared a State of Emergency. PA will probably wait. *sigh* Must go get my pool deck cleared off.

@Southern Red

Always a good idea to be prepared. We hardly ever lose power because all the lines are underground, but the really big powerlines aren't and we have a ton of big trees around here. We are seriously overdue. We'll watch the news carefully and reassess tomorrow.

Good luck to everybody.

WOW, I think this I one of the few times I feel lucky to be living in the UK (the last hurricane I was in was 1987!!)..... Thinking of you all, hope everything turns out ok

Here are a couple of little things I've be playing with..... not sure about them yet.

Last edited by Madness reigns; 26 August 2011, 07:05 AM.
                      sigpic
                      Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

So has VA and NC. That's just so they can get federal money. Now why does that make me laugh? Don't they know the feds are broke? LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Straighten up or die? I can just imagine their reaction. One side would say it's all because of global warming so we need to have new legislation for that. Some would say we need to put God back into schools because it's the lack of praying. LOL!

Right now there's no part of Rhode Island not in the middle of the storm track. We'll see. Gotta get some flashlights. Here in this state, everyone will be out buying milk and bread. Not joking.

Comment

Seriously this is the week of Natural Disasters in the East Coast. First theres the Quake then theres Irene....seriously did the TPTW Finally admitted their faults about writing out Elizabeth or Did Elizabeth turn down John to go on a date with Kolya?
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              Seriously this is the week of Natural Disasters in the East Coast. First theres the Quake then theres Irene....seriously did the TPTW Finally admitted their faults about writing out Elizabeth or Did Elizabeth turn down John to go on a date with Kolya?

That was funny. I think the Kolya thing would happen before the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

That was funny. I think the Kolya thing would happen before the first one.
                                I tend to please...though imagine if the Kolya thing really did happen....
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X