Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Yeah, that fic was painful. It was brilliant, but wow. Just... yeah.

Stupid PTB! They made John so OOC by making him forget her. Of course, Joe kept making the faces no matter what.

Again proof PTB hated Elizabeth.

Then again playing devils advocate here, whatif the reason they really never showed John's emotions on Elizabeth because he was a rather private person? He could have been suffering about Elizabeth behind closed doors in silence you know?
    BALCONIES
    The Breeding Ground of Ships.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Yeah, bless you Joe.

And a funny tidbit from the ChiCon. Joe thinks "fanfic" is just slash and fan fiction is other than slash. So, if anyone talks to him about SGARising, we have to be sure and call it "fan fiction." LOL I also love the way he and David said they don't own the characters so it's okay to write all the fic/fiction we want. Yay. Thanks guys. We're on it.
      correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't joe the one who kinda endorse your guys endeavor into Atlantis rising?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Still one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. I was one of the people who picked it; who else did?
        That would be me. There's just something about that scene that gets me every time. Too bad they didn't use the city more, but in retrospect I suppose it was all about money. As in new sets and CGI all cost $$$$$$$.

Aaaaaaand there is also the ever popular badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Hey, I know I'm supposed to be thinking of my Sparky angsty moments... but today's not good, I have an ill 8 year old to look after, a banging headache I thought had gone away (I won't admit to it being possibly alcohol related ) and a (insert profanity here) load of washing up to do after cooking a 3 course meal for a friend, but....

I did take a little time out to do this, some of my favourite Sparky momnents squeezed into one handy little package

This is lovely.

Speaking of fanfiction, is there an e-reader you can download that type of file to? I seem to recall an earlier discussion about this and I thought the answer was yes, but I don't remember any particulars.
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Saw that on the SGA_newsletter which I'm finding rather one-sided but that's SGA fandom-life, I guess, and wondered if I should post it here as a link. But of course, someone more Sparky-like beats me to it, obviously.
          One-sided, indeed. I've been considering dumping them from my list for a while now.

Good day too to be writing angsty scenes - muse was on a roll last night but 3am in the morning isn't exactly what I would call a very good hour to get a creative boost, especially when one has to get up 4 hours later for work.
          Oooops.

Hey, I know I'm supposed to be thinking of my Sparky angsty moments... but today's not good, I have an ill 8 year old to look after, a banging headache I thought had gone away (I won't admit to it being possibly alcohol related ) and a (insert profanity here) load of washing up to do after cooking a 3 course meal for a friend, but....

I did take a little time out to do this, some of my favourite Sparky momnents squeezed into one handy little package

http://i1038.photobucket.com/albums/.../4kdw900-1.jpg
          Oh, that is AWESOME! Beautifully done, I'll be looking forward to seeing what else you have in store!

Very nice, Madness reigns! Love the coloring!!

Hope everyone there starts to feel better soon.

SK - I'm sure you have, but just in case. You ever read hihoplastic's in the city and the forest? Lots of pissed off Lizzie in that one.
          I do seem to recall reading that a while ago; thanks for the reminder! Yeah, definitely some Pissed!Lizzeh in that one. Yum. *fistbumps with Pissed!Lizzeh*

Yeah, bless you Joe.

And a funny tidbit from the ChiCon. Joe thinks "fanfic" is just slash and fan fiction is other than slash. So, if anyone talks to him about SGARising, we have to be sure and call it "fan fiction." LOL I also love the way he and David said they don't own the characters so it's okay to write all the fic/fiction we want. Yay. Thanks guys. We're on it.
          *cackles* Oh, that is priceless!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          That would be me. There's just something about that scene that gets me every time. Too bad they didn't use the city more, but in retrospect I suppose it was all about money. As in new sets and CGI all cost $$$$$$$.

Aaaaaaand there is also the ever popular badwritingbadwritingbadwriting.
          I would think it would have cost them less money... They could have simply reused a lot of the interior sets they already had for the city. Heck, they did it when they went to Asuras in Progeny and Lifeline. Bad writing for the epic FAIL. Curse you, TPTW.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
          Speaking of fanfiction, is there an e-reader you can download that type of file to? I seem to recall an earlier discussion about this and I thought the answer was yes, but I don't remember any particulars.
          I've been copy and pasting fics I want to save into Word, then converting them into PDF files for iBooks on my iPad. I believe there's a number of apps that will handle PDF files.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That is just awsome!!!

If you're head is still bugging you, you can try a pressure point trick an old boss of mine showed me. Get somebody to squeeze the for lack of a better word the webbing between your thumb and the next finger for about a minute and your headache should go away. I've tried to do it for my sister but can't get it to work, however there are people at my old job that swear by it.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              That is just awsome!!!

If you're head is still bugging you, you can try a pressure point trick an old boss of mine showed me. Get somebody to squeeze the for lack of a better word the webbing between your thumb and the next finger for about a minute and your headache should go away. I've tried to do it for my sister but can't get it to work, however there are people at my old job that swear by it.
              Hmm, I may have to try that trick the next time I have a headache. Thanks!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

@Falcon Horus

Sweet!!! :d
                Told you I would do one

@Southern Red

That is simply marvelous. I'm stealing it for a screensaver.
                I do have a slightly bigger version if you want that instead? brought the size done in consideration for the site

@scary kitty

Oh, that is AWESOME! Beautifully done, I'll be looking forward to seeing what else you have in store!
                I've done a couple of these for different threads only because in a conversation in one of them I commented that I was the least artistic person in the world.... I have never been able to get on with editing software. So this is what happened when I found a simple software that I liked

Anyone got any other John/Elizabeth scenes?? I haven't got that many but ideas gratefully received

@mandogater

That is just awsome!!!
                Thank you, I'm glad everyone seemed to like it
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Roughly 35 minutes. He takes the Metro, and the problem yesterday was that so many people were trying to get home all at once and because they were inspecting the tracks for cracks, they only ran the trains at 15MPH. Usually, the release times for federal workers are staggered all throughout the afternoon. We're talking about a million people moving through the area, so yeah, it was a mess. Oh, and I have to add that this time of year, we have tons of tourists here also who already clog the Metro, and in addition anyone who parks in the indoor and/or underground parking garages was not allowed back in to get their car, so all those folks had to find an alternate way home.

On the hurricane news, we expect lots of rain on the weekend but little wind. Hopefully, it will move to the east.

Oh, there was sex. Actually the sex scene was quite lovely and very well done and we got to see lots and lots of Jason. Oh, and early in the movie, lots of bare bosoms for the guys. LOL
                  You had me at sex. Then you lost me with lots of Jason.

This post has all the details.
                  Note to self: remember this page, because I can't bookmark on this computer.

Same here... thought something was wrong with the download. And recently when I watched the set of DVD's I finally bought I was still cringing.

I have and he's really awesome. He is Khal Drogo.

**//**

We have thunderstorms coming, and the inevitable flooding... the irony though, last week a local music festival suffered the consequences of a brutal thunderstorm force no one could have predicted (5 people died, two tents and a stage collapsed under the pressure of the storm, healthy trees snapped like twigs and hail the size of tennisballs). And they are planning a tribute tomorrow at the city where it took place, at the exact same time as all hell broke loose last week (6:15pm) - the weather will be the same as well. Pitch black sky as if it's night, thunder and lightning going straight for the ground, hail and rain... and too much water as a whole.
                  Yeah, I heard about that (the incident, not the memorial). The memorial sounds....worrying.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Poor, poor Jack.

Still one of my favorite scenes in the entire series. I was one of the people who picked it; who else did?
                  Wish I did. It was....novel, new, inspiring

Saw that on the SGA_newsletter which I'm finding rather one-sided but that's SGA fandom-life, I guess, and wondered if I should post it here as a link. But of course, someone more Sparky-like beats me to it, obviously.

Good day too to be writing angsty scenes - muse was on a roll last night but 3am in the morning isn't exactly what I would call a very good hour to get a creative boost, especially when one has to get up 4 hours later for work.
                  I don't know which side of the one-sided you're referring to, but even if it's ours, if it's a SGA gen thing, it should be what it says on the tin: gen.

Yikes, four hours sleep isn't much. Hope she was helpful

Yeah, bless you Joe.

I'm pretty sure he knows which one is yours, if you said you were giving him a girlfriend. Unless it turns out to be like that Sheppard/Meredith McKay (Meredith was Rodney as a woman) fic that I read. I think there is still a bit of vomit left from that. The thought of Rodney as a woman is wrongwrongwrong.

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  Madness Reigns great job! I forgot to introduce myself I'm TLM, probably the one with the wildest ideas and according to JT resident Kolya expert Welcome!
                  Steady on. I have the market cornered on crazy

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                  Again proof PTB hated Elizabeth.

Then again playing devils advocate here, whatif the reason they really never showed John's emotions on Elizabeth because he was a rather private person? He could have been suffering about Elizabeth behind closed doors in silence you know?
                  Good fic fodder I guess

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  That is just awsome!!!

Okay, I'm compelled to ask: do they also get you to try to touch your arms behind your back, while they stare at you?

@Falcon Horus

Told you I would do one

@Southern Red

I do have a slightly bigger version if you want that instead? brought the size done in consideration for the site

@scary kitty

I've done a couple of these for different threads only because in a conversation in one of them I commented that I was the least artistic person in the world.... I have never been able to get on with editing software. So this is what happened when I found a simple software that I liked

Anyone got any other John/Elizabeth scenes?? I haven't got that many but ideas gratefully received

@mandogater

Thank you, I'm glad everyone seemed to like it
                  What? No artistic ability? Idiots
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't joe the one who kinda endorse your guys endeavor into Atlantis rising?
                    You're not wrong. He knows and approves. He even handed out our business cards in Sweden.

@Falcon Horus

Told you I would do one

@Southern Red

I would love that. You can give a warning and put it under a spoiler.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    You had me at sex. Then you lost me with lots of Jason.
                    Well, Jason's not alone in the scene. There's a beautiful woman too.

I don't know which side of the one-sided you're referring to, but even if it's ours, if it's a SGA gen thing, it should be what it says on the tin: gen.
                    I can't speak for FH, but I find the SGA Newsletter very heavily McShep. I go there for the news about the cast and con reports, plus the occasional Sparky story. I have found also that mislabeling fic is common, so you have to read with caution.

I'm pretty sure he knows which one is yours, if you said you were giving him a girlfriend. Unless it turns out to be like that Sheppard/Meredith McKay (Meredith was Rodney as a woman) fic that I read. I think there is still a bit of vomit left from that. The thought of Rodney as a woman is wrongwrongwrong.
                    He knows, but remembering is always iffy with Joe. At the ChiCon, he said he had only kissed guest stars on the show. He seems to have forgotten his two female cast members. LOL Or maybe he didn't consider those real kisses. *plants tongue firmly in cheek*

Ages ago I read a fic in which John was a woman and Elizabeth was teaching him how to shave his legs. For some reason, I still can't get that picture out of my mind. I think a bathtub was involved. I may be hallucinating.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I can't speak for FH, but I find the SGA Newsletter very heavily McShep. I go there for the news about the cast and con reports, plus the occasional Sparky story. I have found also that mislabeling fic is common, so you have to read with caution.
                      Some of you already know this story, but I think I should give fair warning to others as well. I unsubscribed to it after reading a "gen" piece with nastiness towards Elizabeth. They had everyone acting like they couldn't stand her. Yeah, that's why Teyla and John were both in tears at one point over her. They were happy tears that she was finally gone. Yeah, sure.

I'm pretty sure I catch all the Sparky goodness in the J/E comm.

He knows, but remembering is always iffy with Joe. At the ChiCon, he said he had only kissed guest stars on the show. He seems to have forgotten his two female cast members. LOL Or maybe he didn't consider those real kisses. *plants tongue firmly in cheek*
                      *snerks* You are awesome, you know that?

Ages ago I read a fic in which John was a woman and Elizabeth was teaching him how to shave his legs. For some reason, I still can't get that picture out of my mind. I think a bathtub was involved. I may be hallucinating.
                      I think I read something like that. He was turned into a woman and they had sex. It was... disturbing. It's not the f/f sex that bothered me (I read that plenty), it was the whole thing. I guess it was thinking of John as a woman that freaked me out. Joe's just so male, you know?

Comment

Some of you already know this story, but I think I should give fair warning to others as well. I unsubscribed to it after reading a "gen" piece with nastiness towards Elizabeth. They had everyone acting like they couldn't stand her. Yeah, that's why Teyla and John were both in tears at one point over her. They were happy tears that she was finally gone. Yeah, sure.

I'm pretty sure I catch all the Sparky goodness in the J/E comm.

*snerks* You are awesome, you know that?

I think I read something like that. He was turned into a woman and they had sex. It was... disturbing. It's not the f/f sex that bothered me (I read that plenty), it was the whole thing. I guess it was thinking of John as a woman that freaked me out. Joe's just so male, you know?
                        But you must admit, he'd make a dang pretty woman. And much much better than McKay. I would only go for those gender switch fics if they were humor. No sex. I loved the ones when John and Liz switched bodies also.

Did someone really write a fic like that mean Lizzie one? That is so childish. I can't imagine who would do something so asinine.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Happy Birthday, Pocus! I'm spreading the birthday love to multiple threads now. sparky_ruffle3.gifAddEmoticons00930.gif

But you must admit, he'd make a dang pretty woman. And much much better than McKay. I would only go for those gender switch fics if they were humor. No sex. I loved the ones when John and Liz switched bodies also.

Did someone really write a fic like that mean Lizzie one? That is so childish. I can't imagine who would do something so asinine.
                          The part about the crying was just me being sarcastic. The story had them all hating having to deal with Elizabeth in meetings, and Teyla having to take a deep breath because Elizabeth wanted to talk to her about something. Oh good grief!!

Oh, and I really really don't want to think about John as a woman. Just, no. I think the imagining is what freaks me out. I've read one where they switched bodies that was pretty good. I can't remember where I read it, though.

Comment

Thanks JT!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Season 1 flirtiness.

Look at those faces!

Comment

@Southern Red

I would love that. You can give a warning and put it under a spoiler.
                                Here you go, there are 3 different sizes - just choose the one that suits you best

(Under spoiler tags for size )

Spoiler:

The last two are really different sizes, honest (at least when I'm looking at them in the preview... just doesn't look like it when it's posted!!!)
                                Last edited by Madness reigns; 26 August 2011, 07:01 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Working...
                                X