Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *salutes* You're on! *scurries off to prepare list*
    I love doing polls and lists. Must be the math girl in me.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Okay - so I'll be polling you all!

Send me a PM with your personal top 5 of Most Romantic Moments in Stargate Atlantis.

However, at least 2 of those moments have to be non-Sparky which leaves 3 Sparky moments.

You have till thursday - say 10 pm (GMT+1) to send me your PM's after which I'll post the results.
      Most romantic? This could be difficult. There's a lot of what I call 'sparky bonding' or some such, but not a lot in the sense of romantic moments. Ditto for any other five I could come up with. Some of my faves out of Echoes and ToR would be nixed in that criteria. Oh the humanity I guess my black pencil of disappointment (only a few of you will know what I'm referring to) will now need to be cast on myself
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Most romantic? This could be difficult. There's a lot of what I call 'sparky bonding' or some such, but not a lot in the sense of romantic moments. Ditto for any other five I could come up with. Some of my faves out of Echoes and ToR would be nixed in that criteria. Oh the humanity I guess my black pencil of disappointment (only a few of you will know what I'm referring to) will now need to be cast on myself
        Stop sounding like Mr. SR. it's just confusing me.

There have been volumes written on romantic imagery, which is quite different from overt romance. Think about movies that show a couple in situations with swelling violins and slowly revolving cameras and/or emotional moments between just the two of them. Now, in most of these movies, the couple ends up together in the end, but since the writers who created SGA were not very competent in showing, not telling, we got no happy ending. However, romantic situations can be found. These are moments that make the average female go "ahhhhhhh". Hope that helps.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          do you want us to give you an explanation on why we chose those particular romantic moments?
          You may do so as you wish. I'll include it in the end result.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          There have been volumes written on romantic imagery, which is quite different from overt romance. Think about movies that show a couple in situations with swelling violins and slowly revolving cameras and/or emotional moments between just the two of them. Now, in most of these movies, the couple ends up together in the end, but since the writers who created SGA were not very competent in showing, not telling, we got no happy ending. However, romantic situations can be found. These are moments that make the average female go "ahhhhhhh". Hope that helps.
          Great explanation!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Stop sounding like Mr. SR. it's just confusing me.

Ahhh, that is a perfect definition!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              Well, I included John carrying Elizabeth to the infirmary as one of my votes. Like SR says, it's a huge romantic imagery thing. The Farscape episode I watched the other day with unconscious Aeryn holding onto John? In that same scene, D'argo was carrying Chiana. Now, from the standpoint of the actors' sizes, it would have made more sense for John to carry Chiana and D'argo to carry Aeryn. But instead, they went with the couples on the show to play off that romantic imagery.

Comment

Hell, I even find Teyla in Kate's room romantic... ...wait, that never happened.

Well, technically it did happen but that was hurt (without the comfort) and loss (of a lover).

Comment

Hell, I even find Teyla in Kate's room romantic... ...wait, that never happened.

Well, technically it did happen but that was hurt (without the comfort) and loss (of a lover).
                  I didn't choose John tearing up in Adrift for the same reason. Romantic, in a sense, sure. But...........

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    I didn't choose John tearing up in Adrift for the same reason. Romantic, in a sense, sure. But...........
                    I'll have another poll for Most Dramatic Moment in Stargate Atlantis - that'll go up after the weekend cause I'm going away for 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Yeah, I wonder if they didn't put the episode names down, so people assumed they meant The Real World. Cause it doesn't make much sense for Hot Zone.

OMG! How old is he? Whoa, he's 29! He looks younger than that.
                      Yeah, that's what I thought. Until I read the following posts.

Yeah, and he plays a high school student! He ages very, very well.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Silly kitty! Heehee!

As for the poll, technically, that is what John did in "Hot Zone." Remember, he specifically said to Elizabeth that he couldn't let her get infected, during their little radio argument about whether or not to let him and Teyla out of the gym to go after Dr. Peterson and stop him before he reached the control room. John seemed verrry intent on not letting anything happen to Elizabeth. Coming so close on the heels of "The Storm"/"The Eye", it makes sense that John would still be in overprotective mode. But that's just me.
                      *Gibbsslap* Yeah, I brainfarted on that one. Overprotective? Yes. Didn't want to have her die so he was in charge -- unexpectedly -- again? Yes. Heh.

No, SK, it's not just you. There was a lot of discussion of how shippy HZ was. It was the first time John called her Elizabeth and they both were unwilling to endanger the other. Personally, aside from the first name thing, I didn't think it was all that shippy. You could spin it as concern for the "boss" or for the "military commander". But since TS/TE had personalized their relationship so much, a lot of fans saw the ship.
                      It's easy to see a ship when you want to see a ship. And it does help when the actors are contributing and JoeF is making his wooby face.

Today I didn't get interrupted so I took a high quality image of the official season 3 batch - the one with Joe & Torri as Sheppard and Weir - pulled it through the Live Trace in Illustrator, then played around in Photoshop and this be the end result:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._banner_GW.jpg

It's GW-friendly - as far as filesizes go, I mean.

Edit:

Oh wow... my screen at work needs to be recalibrated - or my laptop screen stinks - it's too light... *shrug* ... oh well...
                      Squee!!! I love it too!

Thanks to both of you. I've gotten a few comments from people who
                      Spoiler:
                      end up feeling sorry for Sue. I think I may have created a new ship.
                      Oh, may it never be so.

I remember when Torri talked about being a healthy Welsh girl or something. I know Joe must have good upper body strength from all that surfing, but she's tall. You could tell he was struggling. I hope someone asks about that scene in France.
                      Hey, isn't Probie still going to the con in France? Or was that last year??? I'm sooooo confused.

I go back to work next Tuesday. *runs around like decapitated poultry*

Comment

... Aaaaaaand my sig's not working. No matter what I do.

Crap on a cracker.

Meanwhile, On Topic: Sparky rules.

Comment

I'll have another poll for Most Dramatic Moment in Stargate Atlantis - that'll go up after the weekend cause I'm going away for 3 days.
                          Whoo hoo! Have a good mini-vacay!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          *Gibbsslap* Yeah, I brainfarted on that one. Overprotective? Yes. Didn't want to have her die so he was in charge -- unexpectedly -- again? Yes. Heh.
                          You betcha.

It's easy to see a ship when you want to see a ship. And it does help when the actors are contributing and JoeF is making his wooby face.
                          Ahhh. God bless the woobie face.

Hey, isn't Probie still going to the con in France? Or was that last year??? I'm sooooo confused.

I go back to work next Tuesday. *runs around like decapitated poultry*
                          Last we heard from Probie, she's still going.

... Aaaaaaand my sig's not working. No matter what I do.

Crap on a cracker.

Meanwhile, On Topic: Sparky rules.
                          GW turned off the ability to have rotating sigs. The announcement has been up for a while.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

GW turned off the ability to have rotating sigs. The announcement has been up for a while.
                            But I didn't have a rotating sig, just one that I uploaded to PB, then to GW here ... Oh well, I went on the "What happened to my sig?!" thread and the Mods fixed it. My favorite Scot is back up. No offense, Carson.

And I bring fic rec:

"Reciprocity" by our favorite Bil!!! A post "Conversion"/"TRW" fic. Oh so good!

Goin to sleep, a lot to do tomorrow. And I finally overcame the writer's block I had for "Of Detectives and Doctors", so I should get more posted soon! Funny how watching something on TV makes you think of how you can apply it to fic.

Comment

So I am writing a parody of Disney's Sleeping Beauty with Elizabeth as Aurora and John as Prince Philip for a AU challenge on Stargateland.....god help me.
                              BALCONIES
                              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                              sigpic

Comment

PS. Shipper Writer I feel you're pain. I loved my Rotating sig. As funny and cracky as my new sig is....it gets boring.
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X