No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little OT but I have to say it. I'm watching Ancient Aliens on the History Channel and they're talking about Atlantis. I just couldn't help myself and said out loud "The Ancients flew it to the Pegasus Galaxy guys you can stop looking!"

And know back to your regularly scheduled Sparky Goodness.

Update on Ancient Aliens: One of the 'experts' on the show just said he thinks Atlantis took off. Wonder if he's a fan.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      A little OT but I have to say it. I'm watching Ancient Aliens on the History Channel and they're talking about Atlantis. I just couldn't help myself and said out loud "The Ancients flew it to the Pegasus Galaxy guys you can stop looking!"

And know back to your regularly scheduled Sparky Goodness.

Update on Ancient Aliens: One of the 'experts' on the show just said he thinks Atlantis took off. Wonder if he's a fan.
      i love the history channel and those documentaries they show. they are so informative.

Comment

watching sunday on syfy and i wonder what's john's opinion on the whole Annie Hall / When Harry met Sally debate?

Comment

RL is topsy turvy at the moment. Gotta love it! That and my cat loves falling asleep on my desk, head on my laptop, and he's so stinkin' adorable that I don't feel like movin' him! So from my netbook, hello from "90 degrees but it feels like 105" Florida!!!

Regarding the romantic moment poll, did they typo "Hot Zone" instead of "The Real World" or was there something in "Hot Zone" that I missed?

Comment

One more odd thing:

I'm reading up on "Glee" on Wikipedia, since one of my co-workers totally and madly loves it. I figure I should know what she's talking about, right? Well, Cory Monteith has had two guest appearances in the Stargate world! One was as the young Mitchell in SG-1's "200".

The other? A "Genii Private" in SGA's "The Storm". ROFL!!! Oh, the irony. John killed Finn!

Makes me wanna write a story with all the character crossovers between series, making it a huge case of deja vu and "Do I know you?"

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              RL is topsy turvy at the moment. Gotta love it! That and my cat loves falling asleep on my desk, head on my laptop, and he's so stinkin' adorable that I don't feel like movin' him! So from my netbook, hello from "90 degrees but it feels like 105" Florida!!!

Regarding the romantic moment poll, did they typo "Hot Zone" instead of "The Real World" or was there something in "Hot Zone" that I missed?
              Yeah, I wonder if they didn't put the episode names down, so people assumed they meant The Real World. Cause it doesn't make much sense for Hot Zone.

One more odd thing:

I'm reading up on "Glee" on Wikipedia, since one of my co-workers totally and madly loves it. I figure I should know what she's talking about, right? Well, Cory Monteith has had two guest appearances in the Stargate world! One was as the young Mitchell in SG-1's "200".

The other? A "Genii Private" in SGA's "The Storm". ROFL!!! Oh, the irony. John killed Finn!

Makes me wanna write a story with all the character crossovers between series, making it a huge case of deja vu and "Do I know you?"
              OMG! How old is he? Whoa, he's 29! He looks younger than that.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Silly kitty! Heehee!

As for the poll, technically, that is what John did in "Hot Zone." Remember, he specifically said to Elizabeth that he couldn't let her get infected, during their little radio argument about whether or not to let him and Teyla out of the gym to go after Dr. Peterson and stop him before he reached the control room. John seemed verrry intent on not letting anything happen to Elizabeth. Coming so close on the heels of "The Storm"/"The Eye", it makes sense that John would still be in overprotective mode. But that's just me.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

No, SK, it's not just you. There was a lot of discussion of how shippy HZ was. It was the first time John called her Elizabeth and they both were unwilling to endanger the other. Personally, aside from the first name thing, I didn't think it was all that shippy. You could spin it as concern for the "boss" or for the "military commander". But since TS/TE had personalized their relationship so much, a lot of fans saw the ship.

When was this poll done? Was it after TRW?

One more odd thing:

Now that you mention it, I think I remember him, but I don't have time to look for a screencap.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Now I do. And here it is. So much younger.

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Today I didn't get interrupted so I took a high quality image of the official season 3 batch - the one with Joe & Torri as Sheppard and Weir - pulled it through the Live Trace in Illustrator, then played around in Photoshop and this be the end result:

It's GW-friendly - as far as filesizes go, I mean.

Edit:

Oh wow... my screen at work needs to be recalibrated - or my laptop screen stinks - it's too light... *shrug* ... oh well...
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Today I didn't get interrupted so I took a high quality image of the official season 3 batch - the one with Joe & Torri as Sheppard and Weir - pulled it through the Live Trace in Illustrator, then played around in Photoshop and this be the end result:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._banner_GW.jpg

Edit:

Oh wow... my screen at work needs to be recalibrated - or my laptop screen stinks - it's too light... *shrug* ... oh well...
                        Hey, I like it! It's artsy, the colors don't have to be exact!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Hey, I like it! It's artsy, the colors don't have to be exact!
                          I was aiming for painted-like... so I guess I managed rather okay-ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._banner_GW.jpg

Edit:

Nice! I like the coloring!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Nice! I like the coloring!

Comment

Love the sig Falcon!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X