No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the Crotian flag... There's all these awesome flags in the world, that look like some thought went into it, that it should look special and all that... The story behind the flag.

OT on the flag-thing cause no one will get it (unless you're familiar with Belgian history and politics):

Spoiler:
    Belgian flag has three stripes - black, yellow and red. That's boring. But the fun part... and the french side of Belgium would not want to hear this... The colors of the flag are from the Flemish Lion flag. Mwoahahahahahah....

Okay, if you're not familiar with Belgium and the way things work here... than this will sound stupid.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I love the Crotian flag... There's all these awesome flags in the world, that look like some thought went into it, that it should look special and all that... The story behind the flag.

OT on the flag-thing cause no one will get it (unless you're familiar with Belgian history and politics):

Spoiler:
      Belgian flag has three stripes - black, yellow and red. That's boring. But the fun part... and the french side of Belgium would not want to hear this... The colors of the flag are from the Flemish Lion flag. Mwoahahahahahah....

Okay, if you're not familiar with Belgium and the way things work here... than this will sound stupid.
      *starts looking around for Probie*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *starts looking around for Probie*
        Probie's French, though at some point in time Belgium was part of the French territories. And the Spanish territories... the Dutch, Austria... we've tried it all. And none of it worked and still doesn't.

Belgium, brought to you by the CIA Factbook of the World

Comment

Bedtime for this little sparky! I love you all! *massive hugs* See you tomorrow!!!!
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Probie's French, though at some point in time Belgium was part of the French territories. And the Spanish territories... the Dutch, Austria... we've tried it all. And none of it worked and still doesn't.

Belgium, brought to you by the CIA Factbook of the World
            Heeheehee! Don'tcha just love international relations?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Bedtime for this little sparky! I love you all! *massive hugs* See you tomorrow!!!!
            Nighty-night, 'Nuna! We love you, too! *hugs and snuggles a lot* Pleasant Sparky dreams, sweetie!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heeheehee! Don'tcha just love international relations?
              Our history's full of it...

Comment

Hello Sparkies, the Lady poping in trying to write, was gonna write last night but wasn't able to aafter the news but hopefully I can get some work today.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                And we are going to put John

Spoiler:
                through some emotional stuff without changing his character or making him seem mentally unbalanced in any way. He's not chronically depressed, nor does he have a death wish or survival guilt. He's just a man doing the best he can who needs for someone to love him and not leave him.
                May I add something? The Art Therapy Senses/Instincts Kicking In (I love psychoanaylizing Characters ):

Spoiler:
                I agree that John is not depressed or suicidal. But as a sufferer of GAD (General Anxiety Disorder), I do see some anxiety with him especially in the relationship catagory (though not outwardly showing, but I see some latent signs in John's behavior). I also believe John is in ways very insecure about himself. Which is why I think when someone dies, or he loses someone it is HIS fault, hell if Elizabeth didnt give him the strength I don't think John wouldn't have been as confident to go on Atlantis. I think if you are going to go for the emotional whump...those are two key things =D
                BALCONIES
                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                sigpic

Comment

*flails* That's fantastic! Definitely loving the John/Kanaan friendship angle and the adorkable John/Mayel romantic hints. So cute! And ZOMG, the Coalition representatives came to Atlantis!
                  Whee, we're channeling Babylon 5!
                  You had to mention Babylon 5 didn't you, SK.
                  Now I'm sitting here trying to pair the Atlantis crew with their B 5 counterpart.
                  So far I have Sheppard as Sheridan, Elizabeth as Delenn, Teyla as Susan, Ronon as Marcus and Carson as Franklin. Anybody have any idea who would be G'Kar or Londo or Garibaldi?
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    Would it have something to do with a certain Medieval battle, known as Courtrai or the Battle of the Golden Spurs in 1302, where a bunch of Flemish foot soldiers did a number on a large unit of French noble cavalrymen?
                    Last edited by mandogater; 02 May 2011, 09:10 PM. Reason: found name of the battle I couldn't remember.

Comment

It was really interesting to read about everyone's favorite episodes! Some of the answers really surprised me. I like how we all have our different viewpoints.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Mentions (really enjoyed the eppies but I always had Elizabeth-remorse--as in, 'if Elizabeth had been there, this would have been better because...'":

The Seed
                      Remnants
                      The Shrine
                      My Elizabeth-remorse episodes are Doppelganger, Inquisition, and Vegas. Although Elizabeth not being in Vegas means I can imagine the medic was Elizabeth. I know you guys don't think that, but they didn't give a name so it's possible.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      Hey, sorry I haven't been around lately, school/work has been a little nuts. As usual.

I wasn't home over the weekend to get the fics posted, but I'm hoping to finish them up tonight and post both new, albeit short, chapters.

Were y'all talking about teh Sparky moments page I started? If so, we can get to 50 moments, then start favoriting up to 50, so it's more like a poll among us Sparkites to see what the mass concensus says about their favorites!

And back to work. Peace out, be back later!
                      Hi there! I added the last few moments. Someone else needs to pick up on it now.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      I'm posting this for 'Nuna cuz she requested it. Be forewarned, it has Mayel/John--only slight, but it's definitely there. Some Kanaan, too.

Spoiler:

John shifted his P-90 a bit, readjusting to the feel of the weapon. He’d already done this routinely a couple of times, but it still felt unusual after so many months of being stagnant on Earth.

Kanaan entered the gateroom from one of the lower passageways, a handmade sack jslung across his shoulder, and offered John a small smile. He reminded John a lot of ways of a young marine, taking on immeasurable responsibility for the first time—all the parts and pieces were there but the machine hadn’t quite come together yet.

Plus, when you had a significant other like Teyla, there was a little less jumping-straight-into-the-fire to worry about.

The gate before them burst into life and John turned expectantly towards the staircase, where the Pegasus Coalition was descending the steps, Woolsey in tow. With clearance given by Rodney to safely dial out again, of course they would be the first to leave. Caris and Shiana had made no pretense about being more than happy to get the hell out of the City, but Santho and Mayel had seemed to enjoy their few extra days here, taking to time to learn more of the history of Atlantis and the research and information that had been gathered by the people here.

And, of course, the weapons. They’d all had interest in the weapons.

Mayel caught sight of him as they reached the Gateroom floor, a smile spreading across her face.

Woolsey asked her something, which required Santho to tap her shoulder to regain her attention. She colored slightly and John couldn’t help but smile, though he quickly covered it up as Kanaan approached him.

“You ready?” he asked, trying to keep his attention away from the Coalition group.

“I believe so, though I do not look forward to this.”

“I don’t blame you, given the reception last time.”

“Yes, though I understand Jinto’s anger. I just do not know how to ask more of them than they have already suffered.”

“If they want to find the rest of their people, I think they’ll at least be willing to listen.”

“I do not think they’ll be so quick to believe, as Teyla did, that the Athosians have been kept alive. Especially as it was her premonition. They blame us for so much of what has happened. And they have a right to do so.”

The Coalition members were moving towards the gate now. His eyes followed the party, who apparently had decided to leave through the same gateway. Mayel hung behind for a moment, raising a hand in silent goodbye, before stepping into the wormhole.

He raised a hand in response, lowering it only when he caught Kanaan looking at him in poorly concealed interest.

“I know what you mean,” he said. Kanaan continued to stare at him with a smile as the wormhole dissolved. He returned it insincerely, dancing back and forth on his feet. The chevrons began to light up around the ring and for once in his life John felt they were moving a little too slowly.

As the final one locked he smiled again, glad to see the wormhole woosh into life.

“Ready?”

Kanaan nodded, smile growing a little.

“Right. Well, then, let’s go recruit some Athosians.”

Only at the mention of his people did the smile drop from Kanaan’s face, and he drew in a breath, his face focused, and marched towards the gate.
                      I really like Kanaan in that. Yay!!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      I am so proud and thankful that you guys know how Croatian flag looks like. I am even more happy and thankful that you care.

Now, about the BoD -

Spoiler:

In the meantime I am doing a little research on pandora - just an initial reading, nothing too detailed, because I'm sleepy. It's interesting how this story (I assume you all know it?) was used as a pholosopical starting point for a question - why is there evil in the world? I thiiiiink I can play with that idea in this fic. You know how the road to hell is paved with good intentions? I think this kind of plot is well suited to explore that idea.

Also, there is still the question on why the hope remained in the box? I am so looking forward to work on this!
                      Your flag is really pretty. I love the US flag, but it's not pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        You had to mention Babylon 5 didn't you, SK.
                        Now I'm sitting here trying to pair the Atlantis crew with their B 5 counterpart.
                        So far I have Sheppard as Sheridan, Elizabeth as Delenn, Teyla as Susan, Ronon as Marcus and Carson as Franklin. Anybody have any idea who would be G'Kar or Londo or Garibaldi?
                        *cackles and rubs hands together gleefully* I'll take any chance I get to invoke the name of Babylon 5!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        My Elizabeth-remorse episodes are Doppelganger, Inquisition, and Vegas. Although Elizabeth not being in Vegas means I can imagine the medic was Elizabeth. I know you guys don't think that, but they didn't give a name so it's possible.
                        Huh? You must be confusing us with another group. I think most of us here do think the medic could have been Elizabeth. Anuna's even written a fic based on the idea, and there may be others as well. After all, Vegas!John used the woobie-for-Elizabeth face.

Comment

Okay I just got a really crack Sparky idea while watching the storm. What if the tables were turned and Elizabeth had to save John from Kolya?
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Huh? You must be confusing us with another group. I think most of us here do think the medic could have been Elizabeth. Anuna's even written a fic based on the idea, and there may be others as well. After all, Vegas!John used the woobie-for-Elizabeth face.
                            Hmm... where did I get that idea from? *thinks* Can't remember.

Comment

*cackles and rubs hands together gleefully* I'll take any chance I get to invoke the name of Babylon 5!
                              Now I'm also wishing I hadn't gotten rid of my B 5 DVDs.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                It was really interesting to read about everyone's favorite episodes! Some of the answers really surprised me. I like how we all have our different viewpoints.

Hi there! I added the last few moments. Someone else needs to pick up on it now.

I really like Kanaan in that. Yay!!

Your flag is really pretty. I love the US flag, but it's not pretty.
                                Yeah, I was going to say what SK said. We went on and on here about the medic being Elizabeth. It think your confusion may come from the fact that we pretty much all agreed that no, TPTB didn't ever think it was her, and yes, most of the other fans scoffed at us, but we are Sparky shippers and it made a certain kind of sense to us.

Besides, again John=woobie Elizabeth face=Sparky. End of discussion. Oh and I even made a wallie.

Spoiler:
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X