No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't gonna post this until later, after I continued to try to catch up to the list game and reached the "sparky video break" but I figured it could use a post of it's own.

I stumbled across this during my search and thought it was worth posting.

It isn't really about John and Elizabeth, but it is more like Elizabeth and... the show/PTB or something.

What's interesting is that it's a very sort of sad video, but it actually becomes kind of funny too when you consider how well it fits.

"First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
      I wasn't gonna post this until later, after I continued to try to catch up to the list game and reached the "sparky video break" but I figured it could use a post of it's own.

It isn't really about John and Elizabeth, but it is more like Elizabeth and... the show/PTB or something.

What's interesting is that it's a very sort of sad video, but it actually becomes kind of funny too when you consider how well it fits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJP9v8ZyuA8
      Curse you, PTW!

That said, it is a really great video. Thanks for sharing the link!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Meme time!

Day the Thirtieth: One thing you would change
        Fire TPTW after the end of Season 1. The fact that they reconnected Earth and Atlantis after only one season and didn't even have a plan for Season 2 should've warned us all that they were far too careless about story planning.
        YES!! I really don't understand how they didn't have any plans at all. Season 1 FTW!! (ok I'm probably too old to use expressions like that. so sue me!)

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJP9v8ZyuA8
          Awww, that was a little tear inducing.

Strangely enough, I'd just logged on to share a fluffier vid I'd come across. So if the other one made you a little sad, this one may cheer you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ9aBHLjlW8
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

Comment

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post

Strangely enough, I'd just logged on to share a fluffier vid I'd come across. So if the other one made you a little sad, this one may cheer you up.

Great vids, Zandra's Ashes and Infinite-Possibilities! Thanks for sharing!

I was just viewing my Season 2 DVDs looking for that Torri quote that gateraid mentioned. On the last disc there's a profile on Paul McGillion, saying how wonderful he is and everything. And not long after that, they can him. :::sigh::: Oh, show! I wonder if I'm so obsessed with Atlantis because of that lost potential. I also loved Farscape when it was running, and in the end I was satisfied with how it ended. So, while I enjoy rewatching an episode, I'm not going to read fanfic about it.

On another topic, how do you think our Sparky couple would have been affected if Sumner had stayed alive? John would have remained the unwanted tag-along in Sumner's eyes, and John wouldn't have been in command of the military. So I wonder if they still would have become as friendly as they did. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Great vids, Zandra's Ashes and Infinite-Possibilities! Thanks for sharing!

I was just viewing my Season 2 DVDs looking for that Torri quote that gateraid mentioned. On the last disc there's a profile on Paul McGillion, saying how wonderful he is and everything. And not long after that, they can him. :::sigh::: Oh, show! I wonder if I'm so obsessed with Atlantis because of that lost potential. I also loved Farscape when it was running, and in the end I was satisfied with how it ended. So, while I enjoy rewatching an episode, I'm not going to read fanfic about it.

On another topic, how do you think our Sparky couple would have been affected if Sumner had stayed alive? John would have remained the unwanted tag-along in Sumner's eyes, and John wouldn't have been in command of the military. So I wonder if they still would have become as friendly as they did. What do you think?
              I think.....it's time for a pic fic

Spoiler:

Great- champagne! John and I can celebrate later.

Liquor, great! Hmmm. Neither of us have been assigned quarters yet. Maybe there's a storage closet around here we can use for a private celebration.

Later-

D**N. She'd better not open that bottle until I get back.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Liquor, great! Hmmm. Neither of us have been assigned quarters yet. Maybe there's a storage closet around here we can use for a private celebration.

Later-

Well, that just about sums it up! That was really funny!!

Comment

Personally I don't think it would be different. You saw Sparky slightly (but at a slow pace due to reasons I have explained many many times which is why Sparky is the most realistic couple I have ever came across), but I think the difference would be it would take a longer to get comfortable woth each other with Sumner breathing down thei back.
                  BALCONIES
                  The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                  sigpic

Comment

Awww, that definitely cheered me up! Thanks, Zandra!

I know I am.

I think... I will defer to Zandra's response.

Spoiler:
                    http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_101_0812.jpg

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_101_0810.jpg

Later-
                    http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...l_101_0988.jpg

Oh yeah... That is epic WIN!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

At last, the final day of the meme!

Day the Thirty-First: How it should have ended
                      What is this "should have ended" crap? Did we see a "Fin" or "The End" on screen at the close of "Enemy at the Gate?" No! Do you hear a fat lady singing? No! So it's not over. Atlantis Rising for the win!

Speaking of which, back to work for me!

Comment

What is this "should have ended" crap? Did we see a "Fin" or "The End" on screen at the close of "Enemy at the Gate?" No! Do you hear a fat lady singing? No! So it's not over. Atlantis Rising for the win!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! I'm SO excited about all this hard work you guys have been doing. I'm totally impressed by you all.

Comment

Win!
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Perfect answer.

Happy Pretty Friday Everyone! Hope you're enjoying a nice morning cup of Joe

Spoiler:
                            sigpic

Comment

Ok, then...

Here's a sparky pretty- I love this pic because I think they look like they're holding hands. Awww.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait, can't wait! I'm SO excited about all this hard work you guys have been doing. I'm totally impressed by you all.
                                Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                Win!
                                Perfect answer.
                                We're sure having lots of fun doing it! It's hard work, but it's fun hard work.

Happy Pretty Friday Everyone! Hope you're enjoying a nice morning cup of Joe

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...e_errcoffe.jpg
                                RAWR.

Ok, then...

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/...up_217_242.jpg

Here's a sparky pretty- I love this pic because I think they look like they're holding hands. Awww.
                                Awwww! How do they manage to be cute in every single picture together? It should be illegal! Thank goodness for us, it's not.

Comment

Working...
                                X