Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Oh, I don't think it'll be that bad. We can always give him a few seekrit spoilers about what we've got planned for the future.
    Actually, we could tease JF by telling him John gets 2 girlfriends. That's counting "Big Bertha" of course. ROTFLMAO! He likes whump. He's gonna love BB. Have I made Pocus all tingly again?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Big Bertha is a spider... a big gigantic spider that can influence tectonic plates.

But I doubt that's your Big Bertha.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Big Bertha is a spider... a big gigantic spider that can influence tectonic plates.

Oh yeah, I know her. No, my BB is definitely not a spider. But she can influence what you see. 'Nough said for now.
        sigpic

Comment

Sounds equally as bad, hence why in both cases there is and will be much whump.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Actually, we could tease JF by telling him John gets 2 girlfriends. That's counting "Big Bertha" of course. ROTFLMAO! He likes whump. He's gonna love BB. Have I made Pocus all tingly again?
            *cackles* Making up for lost time, both on the girlfriend and the whump count!

Oh, no, that's not our Big Bertha. But she does have fur.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Now I have an image of a furry spider in my head...

Comment

*wipes at arms to get rid of goosebumps*
                sigpic

Comment

And John saying "I can dance" in a fairly camp manner, before doing a Travolta impersonation until Carson lobs a grenade at the spider.....
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    Yay, she's all atingle. My work here is done.

But rest assured that our John is going to be absolutely positively canon. He will not suddenly change personalities and start babbling about his personal feelings or change in any way. And if anyone thinks we don't do him or any of the other characters justice, we want to know about it. Because we iz all about the canon.
                    sigpic

Comment

Ewwww! *squeals and runs from the spider*

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      And John saying "I can dance" in a fairly camp manner, before doing a Travolta impersonation until Carson lobs a grenade at the spider.....
                      LOL! Poor John! Friendly-fire whump!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                      Heheheh...

Yay, she's all atingle. My work here is done.

But rest assured that our John is going to be absolutely positively canon. He will not suddenly change personalities and start babbling about his personal feelings or change in any way. And if anyone thinks we don't do him or any of the other characters justice, we want to know about it. Because we iz all about the canon.
                      Word, word, and WORD! No mystic alien ritual lobotomies and dumbing down of Sheppard here. *nods firmly*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Ewwww! *squeals and runs from the spider*
                        I take it you don't like spiders much.

Comment

Hi, I have been following your thread with interest for some time now. I applaud your efforts to bring us the virtual season 6 and am/was excited for many of the concepts you are discussing. (Pretend that I am a fan on your Gateworld Season 6 Criticisms and Concerns Thread - you are TPTB so I am writing to you)

What I don't quite get though, is the insistence that this is going to be true to canon. Obviously it is not, the writers and producers eliminated Elizabeth and Kate for a reason (bad reasons, IMO, but they did). So you are quite content to hand wave canon when it suits you. Which is fine, writers prerogative. But I have a hard time processing why you can so easily write back Elizabeth and Kate (which I heartily approve of, BTW) but not even consider breaking up McKeller, one of the most divisive things to ever happen to SGA. That pairing/triangle with Ronon aggravated a significant portion of the SGA fandom, it pitted team mates against each other and was just plain out disliked. If you are going to do another season it would seem quite simple to, in a nice and gentle way, get rid of it. Keep Keller on as a competent physician or have her turn out to be Repli!Keller or something, but do the "viewers" of your season a favor and tweak the show one more time in a positive direction. It doesn't stretch "canon" any more than bringing back some of our favorite characters does.

I am not sure I will be able to stomach reading a season of SGA where they are still a couple, I know I would have had a hard time watching it on TV. I don't read fics where they are still together either unless it is soooo deep in the background I can ignore it. (FF button was my friend for Season 5)

Please don't take this as a hater post, I love the goal you have and the rest of your ideas sound truly wonderful! I mean that. But McKeller is pretty much of a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. Sorry.

Comment

I come in here and there had to be spiders mentioned! And all this potental whumpage is making me excited for SGA rising!
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
                              (Pretend that I am a fan on your Gateworld Season 6 Criticisms and Concerns Thread - you are TPTB so I am writing to you)
                              I couldn't help but giggle a little with that... *snicker*

See, Rising fanfic is just the next step...

...but not even consider breaking up McKeller, one of the most divisive things to ever happen to SGA.
                              Actually, I think it will be different than in the show as in it won't be front and center... *ponders* ... mmm, definitely front and center from time to time... but anyway it won't be as in your face...

Then again, don't take my word for it... I'm the one you have to blame that they're bringing Kate back. I asked them to.

(FF button was my friend for Season 5)
                              You can always scroll through it... if it should be there like in not deeeeeeeep hidden in the depths of the episode. The FF-button of fic = the scroll-bar.

Please don't take this as a hater post, I love the goal you have and the rest of your ideas sound truly wonderful!
                              Feedback doesn't make you a hater...

Comment

Hi, I have been following your thread with interest for some time now. I applaud your efforts to bring us the virtual season 6 and am/was excited for many of the concepts you are discussing. (Pretend that I am a fan on your Gateworld Season 6 Criticisms and Concerns Thread - you are TPTB so I am writing to you)

What I don't quite get though, is the insistence that this is going to be true to canon. Obviously it is not, the writers and producers eliminated Elizabeth and Kate for a reason (bad reasons, IMO, but they did). So you are quite content to hand wave canon when it suits you. Which is fine, writers prerogative. But I have a hard time processing why you can so easily write back Elizabeth and Kate (which I heartily approve of, BTW) but not even consider breaking up McKeller, one of the most divisive things to ever happen to SGA. That pairing/triangle with Ronon aggravated a significant portion of the SGA fandom, it pitted team mates against each other and was just plain out disliked. If you are going to do another season it would seem quite simple to, in a nice and gentle way, get rid of it. Keep Keller on as a competent physician or have her turn out to be Repli!Keller or something, but do the "viewers" of your season a favor and tweak the show one more time in a positive direction. It doesn't stretch "canon" any more than bringing back some of our favorite characters does.

I am not sure I will be able to stomach reading a season of SGA where they are still a couple, I know I would have had a hard time watching it on TV. I don't read fics where they are still together either unless it is soooo deep in the background I can ignore it. (FF button was my friend for Season 5)

Please don't take this as a hater post, I love the goal you have and the rest of your ideas sound truly wonderful! I mean that. But McKeller is pretty much of a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. Sorry.
                                Thank you for your interest and we do appreciate feedback. We discussed how we were going to deal with canon for months before the final decisions were made and believe me, keeping McKeller was painful. But we decided that anything that was previously written in canon had to stay. Canon is, after all, anything that has been shown on screen and does not include anything new we might write.

For example, Teyla and Kanaan are still together.
                                Elizabeth is still MIA.
                                Kate is still dead when our S6 begins.
                                Carson is a clone.
                                Atlantis is on Earth and going through a lot of political maneuvering.

Then as we start to write obviously new canon will form. It would be impossible to write anything new and not establish new canon. We voted on how each aspect of the story would be dealt with and ours is just one version of future events. Something that had as much emphasis as McKeller on the show was not something we could lightly dismiss. It will not have a big part in the story and I can guarantee you won't be seeing any love scenes but if even the idea that they are still involved is intolerable, I can understand why you won't like what we do. We can't hope to please everyone but are aiming for a middle of the road approach that doesn't cater to one shipper group...not even Sparky in the beginning.

When we talk about staying close to canon we mean also that our characters will act and think in exactly the same way they do on the show. We won't invent new backgrounds that contradicts what we saw on the show and we have meticulously developed a timeline. I hope you will check out our first installment. You might be pleasantly surprised.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X