And I had no trouble reading the words.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *throws attempt at lurking out the virtual window*

Looks sparkilicious!

And I had no trouble reading the words.
      yay, I know some of the letters look kinda weird but this is so much fun to do, and bread taste delicious or should I say in your words sparkililcious lol

Comment

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
        *emerald_day drops in* hey everybody, man I´m glad, this semester is finally though I must say I´m pretty nervous to see my grades especially in math. Anyway I thought I would drop in and show you a picture of a project I did and I wanted to see if anyone of you could guess what the word is, though the second word is pretty obvious I think, I made this just for fun. This is a tradition in my home we always do this around christmas.

Here is the picture of my project without any letters to help:
        http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...1/SL370527.jpg

and here is is again with the letters:
        http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...370527-SGA.jpg

I thought I would put up a little info about this bread(it´s from the english wikipedia):
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laufabrauð
        Hey that was great. I could read it with no trouble. What a great tradition.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*emerald_day drops in* hey everybody, man I´m glad, this semester is finally though I must say I´m pretty nervous to see my grades especially in math. Anyway I thought I would drop in and show you a picture of a project I did and I wanted to see if anyone of you could guess what the word is, though the second word is pretty obvious I think, I made this just for fun. This is a tradition in my home we always do this around christmas.

Here is the picture of my project without any letters to help:
          http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...1/SL370527.jpg

and here is is again with the letters:
          http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...370527-SGA.jpg

I thought I would put up a little info about this bread(it´s from the english wikipedia):
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laufabrauð
          Wow! What a fun (and tasty!) piece of fanart! That's awesome!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Spark. Heh. And it's called "Sparky". Nice job! Even if it wasn't intentional. And if it was, heck, great job in any case!!!
            *Snickers* That wasn't intensional but hey what do you know!

Anyway I have some happier sparky for you guys, but I might make a multichaptered prequel based off this in Lizzie's POV but heres a passage under the cut hope you enjoy:

Spoiler:
            Her soft hands touched his face. Her fingers touched the thin stubble growing in his cheeks. His hands moved down her sides exploring the curves of her body. His hazel eyes gazed deep into her green eyes. Soon their lips were merely a breath away from each other, waiting for one of them to bridge the small gap between them.

“John,” She whispered as their noses bumped together. Her fingers moved from his cheek to touch his thin pink lips, “I have to tell you something….I love you.”

He took her hand into his and kissed it gently. Everything was quiet, just the sound of the wind, the sound of the ocean and the increased rate of their breathing. His heart was racing rapidly at that point. How long had he waited to hear those words? At this point it seemed like an eternity. And with a dorky smile and an urge to shamelessly rip on of Han Solo’s famous line to Princess Lea, he whispered:

“I know.”

And within the blink of an eye their lips finally touched. At first gently but then the soft kiss was followed by a series of kisses filled with passion.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post

Anyway I have some happier sparky for you guys, but I might make a multichaptered prequel based off this in Lizzie's POV but heres a passage under the cut hope you enjoy:

Spoiler:
              Her soft hands touched his face. Her fingers touched the thin stubble growing in his cheeks. His hands moved down her sides exploring the curves of her body. His hazel eyes gazed deep into her green eyes. Soon their lips were merely a breath away from each other, waiting for one of them to bridge the small gap between them.

“John,” She whispered as their noses bumped together. Her fingers moved from his cheek to touch his thin pink lips, “I have to tell you something….I love you.”

He took her hand into his and kissed it gently. Everything was quiet, just the sound of the wind, the sound of the ocean and the increased rate of their breathing. His heart was racing rapidly at that point. How long had he waited to hear those words? At this point it seemed like an eternity. And with a dorky smile and an urge to shamelessly rip on of Han Solo’s famous line to Princess Lea, he whispered:

“I know.”

And within the blink of an eye their lips finally touched. At first gently but then the soft kiss was followed by a series of kisses filled with passion.
              Ooh, *whimpers* that was so beautifully worded! And Dorky!John is awesome, as always ...

Comment

Ooh, *whimpers* that was so beautifully worded! And Dorky!John is awesome, as always ...
                Thank you with RP and alternate historical fan fiction I had pleanty of practice. And John was one of those dorks who became hotter than all the jocks in his school =D
                BALCONIES
                sigpic

Comment

Thank you with RP and alternate historical fan fiction I had pleanty of practice. And John was one of those dorks who became hotter than all the jocks in his school =D
                  Amen, sister!!!

Comment

God I wish this Sparky was a happy one!
                    BALCONIES
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, home from work now, but the fic bunnies are pointing big weapons at me. And by big weapons, I mean caffeine. To keep me awake. To make me finish. So that I don't get any sleep.

See y'all tomorrow!!!

Comment

Spoilered for length:

"Atlantis Orientation" by ShipperWriter

Spoiler:
                        "Welcome to Atlantis 101"

"Good afternoon, and thank you for choosing to participate in this small, unofficial orientation. My name is Chuck. If you stick around long enough, you might find out my last name. That is, if you aren't culled or infected with nanites first.

“If you'll go ahead and open your packets, you'll see that there is a brief summary of the command structure here on Atlantis. Of course, our boss is the wonderful Dr. Elizabeth Weir. She is strong, determined, addicted to work, coffee, and a certain brown haired colonel. Research has found that it is wise not to inquire about any secret relationships or her hidden stash of chocolate. The last few Expedition members that did that were assigned to waste duty. Again, she is strong and determined. Do not forget that.

“Next, we have Lieutenant Colonel John Sheppard, the most expert carrier of the Ancient gene currently residing on Atlantis. Yes, his hair is like that naturally. No, he does not harbor secret romantic feelings for Rodney McKay, or Teyla Emmagen, or Ronan Dex. Lieutenant Watts found that out the hard way. As I recall, she fell down a stairwell in close vicinity to Dr. McKay‘s lab. Never determined exactly what happened. In any case, crack pilot, extremely loyal to all members of the expedition, and has a mini fridge full of beer in his quarters. To date, it has never been empty. We still can‘t figure that one out. If anyone cares to bet on how that‘s possible, please see Dr. Bingham in the lab on level 36.

“In charge of all the scientific departments is Dr. Meredith Rodney McKay. Please keep in mind that while the doctor is arrogant and pig-headed, he can lecture you about meaningless scientific matters until you turn blue and your eyes explode in your head. If you call him Meredith, for any reason, and manage to survive without any harsh consequences, there will be a small gathering in a secret lab on the East Pier to celebrate.

“Teyla Emmagen has lived here on Atlantis ever since the Expedition arrived to Pegasus. She is Athosian, mild mannered, and humble. Please make a note, do not agree to a sparring session with her if you are in less than excellent health. You will be out of commission for a week. Do not underestimate her. For more information on the Athosians, please sign up for next week‘s class, Pegasus Cultures 101.

“If a picture‘s worth a thousand words, Ronan Dex is a novel. Previously a captive held for sport by the Wraith, he came to Atlantis shortly after the disappearance of Lieutenant Aiden Ford. For more information on previous members of the Expedition, feel free to attend the slideshow, Red Shirts of Atlantis. If you can‘t understand why it‘s called that, don‘t bother coming. More on Ronan. He is a man of few words. If you can’t answer a question with less than five words, he will ignore you and walk away. He doesn‘t want anyone to know, but he was married, with a son. He is a huge teddy bear, and has a tendency of giving people hugs when they least expect them, sometimes, when they least need them. If he tries to encounter you after a bantos class, run to the infirmary.

“And that brings us to Dr. Carson Beckett. Like Colonel Sheppard, our Scottish chief medical officer has the Ancient gene, which allows him to utilize some of the Ancient equipment that only those with the gene can. He also hosts a support group, called, ’Help, I’m stuck with the Ancient gene and I don’t want it’. The meetings traditionally start with the bagpipes being played. Ear plugs are sold for two dollars in the store room.

“That wraps up the introduction to the senior staff on Atlantis. Enjoy a brief intermission with some coffee and pastries, and we‘ll resume shortly with ‘Welcome to Atlantis 102‘ or, as it‘s commonly known, ‘The List of “If You Do, You‘re Dead“‘. Special guest speaker will be Major Evan Lorne, Colonel Sheppard‘s second in command.

“Thank you, and enjoy your break.”
                        Nice work! Just what I needed after nearly wrecking twice today while doing Christmas shopping thanks to the same person.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                          Hello all! I have a Friday treat. For those of you working on SGA Rising--a first teaser scene between Mayel and John. Let me know if this meshes with your thoughts of Mayel--we're building her backbone here.

Ignore some of the rotten prose and grammar--this is a rough rough version, but I wanted to get it out here as a treat and as a building tool.

Spoiler:
                          John took a breath, placing his hands on his hips as the door to the observation room slid open.

Serrana, standing in one of the corners of the room, glanced up at him as he walked in, waving off the guard posted just inside the door. She raised an eyebrow with an arrogant expression, one that quickly faded into concern as she caught sight of his face.

“You have decided,” she said flatly. “Atlantis is to remain here.”

“Nothing’s final, but might as well be. After that last attack it’s pretty unlikely they’re going to let go of us anytime soon.”

Mayel sank onto one of the couches, eyes downcast. “I see,” was all she replied.

He resisted the urge to move closer to her and instead leaned his arm against the opposite chair, keeping his distance.

“And what of me?” she asked , following a few moments of silence. “Will I be allowed to return?”

“No.” He fought sympathy, remembering McKay’s words a few moments ago. It was difficult, for some reason. Not so much because she looked like she needed it, but because she appeared as though she didn’t.

He knew that pretense pretty well.

“Then where will I go?”

“For the time being, you’ll stay here. After that, I don’t know. You could become a permanent resident here, or relocated somewhere in the Milky Way—this galaxy, I mean.”

“Will General Radim be allowed to know?”

“Probably not.”

She rose, crossing her arms once more and pacing—angrily, if John were to harbor a guess, though she refused to look at him.

“There may be a chance we’ll be able to contact Pegasus again but right now we’re on complete gate silence. So to speak.”

“I understand your desire to explain, Colonel, but believe me it is not necessary. You have done enough, thank you for your time.”

John made a face and straightened, turning towards the door. He didn’t feel satisfied, though he’d told Rodney earlier all he wanted was to grant her the right to know the truth. There was something else—something he needed to know.

“Why did you risk it?”

The Genii turned, her expression one of surprise. “I’m sorry?”

“This. The voyage. Or mission, or whatever the hell you want to call it. What did Ladon have on you that got you to go?”

“’Have on me?’” She smiled wryly. “You believe he manipulated me into going?”

“Let’s just say I know enough of Ladon to not put it past him.”

“Well, perhaps you should. ‘Ladon’, as you refer to him, has nothing on me but support and respect.” She moved back towards the center of the room, the light from the ceiling above playing across her hair. “Flatter yourself as you may that you know Ladon or the Genii, the truth is, you know nothing.”

“I know what I need to know. Like how, despite a treaty developed between the Genii and Atlantis, Ladon didn’t exactly keep his word. He hasn’t exactly done us many favors in the last few years.”

“Everything he has ever done has solely been in the best interest of the Genii. No matter what treaties are in place, he puts the well-being of his people first. That is a concept I believe you and your people understand quite well.” She gestured with her hand at Atlantis.

“Ok. Point taken. Then let’s just pretend it wasn’t Ladon’s manipulation that got you here, for a second,” John moved back into the room, towards her. “Why risk it? I don’t care how loyal you are—going on what seems like a suicide mission with little to no hope for success seems pushing the devotion envelope, even for a Genii. So why did you really volunteer to go?”

She studied him for a moment. “You would not understand.”

“Try me.”

There was silence between them, before Mayel dropped her arms, moving closer to him and tilting her head. “Have you ever had anyone place their complete faith in you, Colonel? Without question? No matter what your past, what you had done—what they knew you had done—they trusted you? More than you ever felt they should have?”

John met her eyes, feeling the hardness and unconcern fade away, despite his will to the contrary. She returned his stare with a flat look, though her voice spoke with passion.

“Ladon did that for me. He knew what I was before he recruited me to his forces. He knew of my past—of my connection to Acastus Kolya. And yes,” a smile flitted across her face as she caught sight of John’s completely surprised expression, “I know you knew Kolya. And I know you killed him. That does not matter to me. I was beyond him at that point.

“All that matters now is that Ladon was aware of my loyalty to Kolya. But despite this, he trusted me anyway, where others would have had me killed for my disloyalty, or certainly shunned me for my past. Ladon put his faith in me. Without that, I would have been nothing. I would have had nothing. No life, no second chance, no family. I would have been lost.

“I would do anything for him, now. There is no way in which I can repay him.” The fire died from her eyes and she collapsed into the nearby chair, glancing up at him, frowning. “I would not expect you to understand.”

He remained silent for a moment, watching her face, before moving back towards the door. As it slid open he paused, turning back to meet her eyes. The expression in them must have caught her by surprise, for the darkness slid from her face, replaced with something like sympathy.

“You might be surprised,” he managed to say, before he walked away.

Also, I updated the blog with the Teyla teaser snippet!
                          I love it!! Mayel and John will make an interesting pair when it finally happens.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Hey that was great. I could read it with no trouble. What a great tradition.
                            This tradition is really fun, brings the family together and we make a bunch of teas breads that we call in my native language (Icelandic): Laufabrauð or in English translation (this may sound weird) Leaf-bread.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Wow! What a fun (and tasty!) piece of fanart! That's awesome!
                            Thanks, it´s also good with butter.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Well, there's only one more game to play, Army vs. Navy (Go Navy!), but there you go.

Spoiler:

“I know.”

Eeeeeeee!!!!! They are so cute! And yes, John is totally a dorky Han Solo.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I love it!! Mayel and John will make an interesting pair when it finally happens.
                              That's definitely our goal with their pairing!

This tradition is really fun, brings the family together and we make a bunch of teas breads that we call in my native language (Icelandic): Laufabrauð or in English translation (this may sound weird) Leaf-bread.

Thanks, it´s also good with butter.
                              Mmmm, bread and butter...
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Well, there's only one more game to play, Army vs. Navy (Go Navy!), but there you go.

Eeeeeeee!!!!! They are so cute! And yes, John is totally a dorky Han Solo.

That's definitely our goal with their pairing!

Mmmm, bread and butter...
                                Yay, go Navy indeed! John would definitely be rooting for Navy. Or his Marines would hurt him. In case you're puzzled, the Marine Corps is technically a part of the Navy. Some of them just don't like to admit it. While both the Navy and the Air Force hate the Army. It's a guy thing. LOL
                                Last edited by Southern Red; 11 December 2010, 07:42 AM. Reason: spelling
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X