Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
    Krisrussel are you going the next Chevron Con to see RDA
    Nope, RDA is gonna be at Fedcon, so no need for me to go to Chevron. besides, all the golden tickets are already sold out.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Alright, good mornikins!

I've flipped eppies 4 & 5 in our livejournal--Krisrussel, you can use that information to update sgarising.com.

Also, since we're in the progress of writing Parts I & II of RTP, I've updated that journal entry to more accurately reflect the solidification of the story, and removed some of the hypothesis. My Part is filled, so if you want you can see the way that story will look from almost beginning to end, you can read the story summary.

http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_season_6/

SK, I've put in what I know of yours, but if you want to expand it, please let me know...you can send me your part synopsis and I can update it, or we can leave it as is.

Kris, I wouldn't suggest updating the SGArising site with the full plot summary--keep the mini-summaries you have so we don't spoil the general public.
    Will update the site!! And I'll keep the mini-summaries. Is there anything that need to be changed on the mini-summaries?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I'm in favor of including a PDF version; there are many fans who like to print out fics for off-line reading, and we'd be able to include any special fonts or other formatting that may not work across multiple computer configurations in HTML.

There are actually some e-book reader apps out there that will read PDF files, so any clever audience members will be able to get the stories onto their readers or smartphones somehow. But we'll leave that choice up to them.
    I completely agree! We're only offering PDF's so people can print it and save the episodes on their computer. Nothing wrong with that. And it'd be perfect to include some art with them.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
    Okay, here's a little drabbly ficlet. BE WARNED - I wrote this in 10 minutes. It doesn't follow canon, doesn't follow the laws of science or medicine and has probably about 100 continuity errors. BUT, it does follow the law of Sparky which, in my world, trumps all other laws!

Spoiler:

It took exactly 12 hours for John to feed Rodney, steal a jumper, and achieve Elizabeth’s rescue from space.

It took exactly the same amount of time for Zelenka to find a lab in a remote part of Atlantis which would suit their needs.

It took the combined efforts of Teyla, Ronon and Lorne to keep Woolsey busy enough that he didn’t wonder where John, Rodney & Zelenka were.

It took a week for Rodney, Zelenka and Keller to find a way to reconstruct Elizabeth’s body from stored DNA and it only took 2 hours into the process for them to realize they had to bring Carson back to Atlantis to get it right.

It took another week to find a way to safely extract Elizabeth’s consciousness, spirit and soul from FRAN back to her “own” body.

It took exactly two days for Elizabeth to wake up. Thank God Kate was still in Atlantis, to help transition Elizabeth through those first disorientating moments.

It took exactly 6 hours for everyone to leave Elizabeth and John alone in the lab.

It took exactly 2.5 seconds for John & Elizabeth to decide kissing was the best way to say “Hello, I’ve really missed you. Never leave me again.”
    Cute!!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Oh, in other news. I now have official permission to make Torri's official website!!
      www.torrihigginson.net
      Woot!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
        Oh, in other news. I now have official permission to make Torri's official website!!
        www.torrihigginson.net
        Woot!!
        I love that pic of her. A bit OT:
        Spoiler:
        That's the one that first made me think about her as a elf (LotR version). Once upon a time I had this whole weird story in my head - a complicated crossover/fusion type thing that doesn't even make sense to me anymore . (Not the same thing as the "SGA characters as LotR characters" thing I mentioned a while back.) Anyway. She played a wood elf in this story and it started with that pic.
        Last edited by Killdeer; 03 December 2010, 10:59 AM.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

SR: Red velvet cookies?!?! *mouth waters*

Okay, here's a little drabbly ficlet. BE WARNED - I wrote this in 10 minutes. It doesn't follow canon, doesn't follow the laws of science or medicine and has probably about 100 continuity errors. BUT, it does follow the law of Sparky which, in my world, trumps all other laws!

Spoiler:

It took exactly 12 hours for John to feed Rodney, steal a jumper, and achieve Elizabeth’s rescue from space.

It took exactly the same amount of time for Zelenka to find a lab in a remote part of Atlantis which would suit their needs.

It took the combined efforts of Teyla, Ronon and Lorne to keep Woolsey busy enough that he didn’t wonder where John, Rodney & Zelenka were.

It took a week for Rodney, Zelenka and Keller to find a way to reconstruct Elizabeth’s body from stored DNA and it only took 2 hours into the process for them to realize they had to bring Carson back to Atlantis to get it right.

It took another week to find a way to safely extract Elizabeth’s consciousness, spirit and soul from FRAN back to her “own” body.

It took exactly two days for Elizabeth to wake up. Thank God Kate was still in Atlantis, to help transition Elizabeth through those first disorientating moments.

It took exactly 6 hours for everyone to leave Elizabeth and John alone in the lab.

It took exactly 2.5 seconds for John & Elizabeth to decide kissing was the best way to say “Hello, I’ve really missed you. Never leave me again.”
          Oh yes, this is so what really happened, darnitall!

GOOD LORD - I was so excited to drop off my drabble, I forgot the beverages and snacks.

*Gives herself a self-imposed Gibbs head slap*

Here are the drinks:
          Mojitos
          Pineapple Vodka Drinks
          Guinness
          <insert favorite soda and sparkling water here>

Here are the snacks:
          Nachos
          Mozzarella Sticks
          Egg Rolls
          BBQ Meatballs
          Veggie/Fruit Tray
          Chips N Salsa

And, here's something I'd love to see more of......
          Spoiler:

Elizabeth & Teyla Friendship Moments

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...ersion0917.jpg

Mmmmm, snacks.

And don't worry, with the latest tweaks to Teyla's storyline in Season 6, there's going to be a fabulous opportunity for some great Elizabeth and Teyla bonding.

Will update the site!! And I'll keep the mini-summaries. Is there anything that need to be changed on the mini-summaries?
          Hmm, I don't think so, just swapping the titles and mini-summaries for Episodes 4 and 5.

I completely agree! We're only offering PDF's so people can print it and save the episodes on their computer. Nothing wrong with that. And it'd be perfect to include some art with them.
          That reminds me that I was going to try to come up with a cover art template. Back to the grindstone...

www.torrihigginson.net
          Woot!!
          Yeehaw! *glomps Kris and runs to bookmark the address*

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
          Spoiler:
          That's the one that first made me think about her as a elf (LotR version). Once upon a time I had this whole weird story in my head - a complicated crossover/fusion type thing that doesn't even make sense to me anymore . (Not the same thing as the "SGA characters as LotR characters" thing I mentioned a while back.) Anyway. She played a wood elf in this story and it started with that pic.
          Hmm, I could swear that I had stumbled across a story where Elizabeth was an LotR-esque elf, once upon a time. It was a Sparky story, of course.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*sends aspirin for the brick wall-induced headache*

And any extra time for Sparky is a good thing! Heh!

Muahahah. Poor Teyla. If anyone thought she went through the wringer in Season 4, they ain't seen nothing yet! But she's gonna kick butt and come out even more awesome than before. She and Elizabeth will have a lot to talk about, methinks.
            *swallows aspirin with imaginary Coke and Rum*

Ooh. It's gonna be a long day today too!!! But I'm here on lunch break and in spirit. That's the important thing!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            Jeez, so much snow. Never saw this before. I almost had 5 car accidents.

I need some warm fics for tonight when I will ba alive and at home.
            Working on mine right now. I need some too. It's, like, 55 in Florida.

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Treat Season 3 of BatB like you would treat Seasons 4 and 5 of SGA. Stick your fingers in your ears, sing Kumbaya, and pretend it never happened.

Hi all! I've been lurking and trying to catch up - y'all have been BUSY!

Probie - you ROCK and WOW and YAY and WOOT and SQUEEEEE and GREAT JOB!

As entertainment director (at least I hope I haven't lost my title since I've been missing in action for a while ), I think a celebration is in order.

Whoever is around at noon (central standard time) today - let's all start sharing the love in the thread. I suggest posting pics, avatars, ficlet drabbly bits, caps, poems, limericks, etc. Themes, IMHO can include ALL of SGA you find lovely. John & Elizabeth should be in there, since this is the Sparky thread. BUT, in honor of our virtual season appealing to a WIDE variety of SGA fans, it can be broader than our favorite pairing. Agreed?

The party starts at noon, but can go as long as anyone has the love and creative juices flowing.

I'll bring the beverages and some munchies.

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
            VIRTUAL SEASON 6 ROCKS!
            Shipper is attending in spirit. Believe me.

SR - that's gorgeous!

Spoiler:

*claps* AWESOME!!! Thanks, SMB! Just what I needed!!!

GOOD LORD - I was so excited to drop off my drabble, I forgot the beverages and snacks.

*Gives herself a self-imposed Gibbs head slap*

Here are the drinks:
            Mojitos
            Pineapple Vodka Drinks
            Guinness
            <insert favorite soda and sparkling water here>

Here are the snacks:
            Nachos
            Mozzarella Sticks
            Egg Rolls
            BBQ Meatballs
            Veggie/Fruit Tray
            Chips N Salsa

And, here's something I'd love to see more of......
            Spoiler:

Elizabeth & Teyla Friendship Moments

[IMG]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn119/SMB_BOOKS/submersion0917.jpg

Love that pic. And I'm bringing Coke and Rum. I dare you to try and stop me. Pics with Elizabeth in John's black T-shirts are awesome! Don't see enough of them ...

www.torrihigginson.net
            Woot!!
            WHOOOOOOOOO!!!

Oh yes, this is so what really happened, darnitall!

Mmmmm, snacks.

And don't worry, with the latest tweaks to Teyla's storyline in Season 6, there's going to be a fabulous opportunity for some great Elizabeth and Teyla bonding.

Hmm, I could swear that I had stumbled across a story where Elizabeth was an LotR-esque elf, once upon a time. It was a Sparky story, of course.
            I think it was a Halloween story. I think she lost a bet.

Oh, I don't know why but that reminds me:

I ACTUALLY HAD A SPARKY DREAM THE OTHER NIGHT!!!

AND I REMEMBER IT!!!

It's gonna be a interesting fic. Borrowing a classic SG-1 cliche. A real AU.

Back to my burrito.

Comment

Alright, I think I switched all the links and stuff that needed to be switched on sgarising.com. Can someone double check? Thanks!

Sig by me

Comment

Nope, RDA is gonna be at Fedcon, so no need for me to go to Chevron. besides, all the golden tickets are already sold out.

Cute!!!!!!
                I checked the site but can't find any grammar errors. We're good to go.

www.torrihigginson.net
                Woot!!
                Yoo hoo! Beautiful pic.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                Spoiler:
                LOL This fits with the elf lady who used to go to cons and tell JF long stories about how he is descended from elves because of his ears.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Alright, I think I switched all the links and stuff that needed to be switched on sgarising.com. Can someone double check? Thanks!
                  Looks good.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    Love that pic. And I'm bringing Coke and Rum. I dare you to try and stop me. Pics with Elizabeth in John's black T-shirts are awesome! Don't see enough of them ...
                    Yum, Coke and Rum. But I think I'll be sticking with my hot chocolate laced with a bit of Grand Marnier. 'Cause it's chilly out.

I think it was a Halloween story. I think she lost a bet.
                    No, the story I'm thinking of wasn't a Halloween story, it was a fantasy-style AU.

Oh, I don't know why but that reminds me:

I ACTUALLY HAD A SPARKY DREAM THE OTHER NIGHT!!!

AND I REMEMBER IT!!!

It's gonna be a interesting fic. Borrowing a classic SG-1 cliche. A real AU.

Back to my burrito.
                    Mmmm, burrito. Chipotle?

Looks good to me!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    LOL This fits with the elf lady who used to go to cons and tell JF long stories about how he is descended from elves because of his ears.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Chapter 9 of Everybody's Fine is finally up! Thanks for your patience, hope to have some more time next week for fics!!!

Be back later!!!

Comment

Only one wish for season 6...

Spoiler:

...No, just kidding...

Just this...

Spoiler:

Mmmmm....
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yum, Coke and Rum. But I think I'll be sticking with my hot chocolate laced with a bit of Grand Marnier. 'Cause it's chilly out.

No, the story I'm thinking of wasn't a Halloween story, it was a fantasy-style AU.

Mmmm, burrito. Chipotle?
                          No, but I love Chipotle!!! There's a bar and grille next to my workplace, and they make burritos the size of your head. And have WiFi. Can't beat that!

Comment

Unfortunately my first SGA fic (I recently found myself hooked on the show), cause John will be in a crossfandom pairing with a historical Queen he saves from execution. But enough my rambling.

Sparky I can truely say is my first SGA pairing. Well, this was after reading a Sheppard H/C fic set after Common Ground.

So far from what I've seen I have to say my favorite Sparky moment was in "The Storm" where Sheppard was willing to do anything to save Elizabeth from Kolya...
                            BALCONIES
                            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                            sigpic

Comment

Probie - you ROCK and WOW and YAY and WOOT and SQUEEEEE and GREAT JOB!
                              Thank you. I'm so great.lol
                              I will work on my report (with details) this weekend if I'm not lazy.....and I'm really lazy.lol

www.torrihigginson.net
                              Woot!!
                              Excellent!!!

Do you realize, guys, the show is over but this thread is so active.
                              Kris and the new site
                              Me and my propaganda
                              All of you working on SGA Rising.

Sorry to say this again but WE ARE AWESOME!!!!!!
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                                Unfortunately my first SGA fic (I recently found myself hooked on the show), cause John will be in a crossfandom pairing with a historical Queen he saves from execution. But enough my rambling.

Sparky I can truely say is my first SGA pairing. Well, this was after reading a Sheppard H/C fic set after Common Ground.

So far from what I've seen I have to say my favorite Sparky moment was in "The Storm" where Sheppard was willing to do anything to save Elizabeth from Kolya...
                                Hey a newbie!!!!
                                Welcome here!
                                I hope I will read one of your fics soon.
                                The Storm is an excellent episode. I should watch it again for the 145585269 times.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X