Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    I was browsing around Youtube looking for Sparky inspiration when I ran across this vid. It's so perfect for Sparky! And actually goes along quite well with our Season 6 I think.
    Wow, that was amazing. My neighbor used to have an unnatural obsession with that show. Before SGA I thought she was a bit nutty. *snickers*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Jeez, so much snow. Never saw this before. I almost had 5 car accidents.

I need some warm fics for tonight when I will ba alive and at home.
    So you have your very own Snowpocalypse. You have my sympathies.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Congratulations on the great influx of fans for sga rising. I know it is going to be awesome.

Probie so to were you amazing. Sympathize with you being snowed in. We have the same here in Scotland. It is the first time ever I've been snowed in here and its already been 4 days.

Krisrussel are you going the next Chevron Con to see RDA

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
        Oh dear. This vid made me curious and I read some good reviews about it so I put the first disc of S1 on my Netflix queue. Now I'm very nervous! (it has a sad ending? noooooooo!!! )
        Treat Season 3 of BatB like you would treat Seasons 4 and 5 of SGA. Stick your fingers in your ears, sing Kumbaya, and pretend it never happened.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Jeez, so much snow. Never saw this before. I almost had 5 car accidents.

I need some warm fics for tonight when I will ba alive and at home.
        Eeek! Warm fics, eh? We'll see what we can do.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Wow, that was amazing. My neighbor used to have an unnatural obsession with that show. Before SGA I thought she was a bit nutty. *snickers*
        Ahhh, now it all becomes clear!

So you have your very own Snowpocalypse. You have my sympathies.
        Heh! I have yet to hear any newscasters out here in California call our current cold snap a 'freezepocalypse,' but I suspect it's only a matter of time.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Alright, good mornikins!

I've flipped eppies 4 & 5 in our livejournal--Krisrussel, you can use that information to update sgarising.com.

Also, since we're in the progress of writing Parts I & II of RTP, I've updated that journal entry to more accurately reflect the solidification of the story, and removed some of the hypothesis. My Part is filled, so if you want you can see the way that story will look from almost beginning to end, you can read the story summary.

http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_season_6/

SK, I've put in what I know of yours, but if you want to expand it, please let me know...you can send me your part synopsis and I can update it, or we can leave it as is.

Kris, I wouldn't suggest updating the SGArising site with the full plot summary--keep the mini-summaries you have so we don't spoil the general public.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I just had a thought - in what file-format will readers of the virtual season be able to read the episodes?

Will they be downloadable? Or read on the site? Maybe for e-books?

File-format -> PDF, Worddoc, .rtf or whatever else there is?
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I just had a thought - in what file-format will readers of the virtual season be able to read the episodes?

Will they be downloadable? Or read on the site? Maybe for e-books?

File-format -> PDF, Worddoc, .rtf or whatever else there is?
              I'm not sure what we've decided as of yet for formatting purposes--initially I believe it'll be read on the site, but we may be able to do PDFs.

A discussion we had a while ago nixed the idea of making them available for e-books, because that comes too close to 'consumer' territory for which we have no authorization. Though I'm sure there are methods many fanfic writers use, since this is a major undertaking, I think we decided for the safety of all not to go too far with what we do. The website will be available which should be good enough if someone really wants to read them.
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hi all! I've been lurking and trying to catch up - y'all have been BUSY!

Probie - you ROCK and WOW and YAY and WOOT and SQUEEEEE and GREAT JOB!

As entertainment director (at least I hope I haven't lost my title since I've been missing in action for a while ), I think a celebration is in order.

Whoever is around at noon (central standard time) today - let's all start sharing the love in the thread. I suggest posting pics, avatars, ficlet drabbly bits, caps, poems, limericks, etc. Themes, IMHO can include ALL of SGA you find lovely. John & Elizabeth should be in there, since this is the Sparky thread. BUT, in honor of our virtual season appealing to a WIDE variety of SGA fans, it can be broader than our favorite pairing. Agreed?

The party starts at noon, but can go as long as anyone has the love and creative juices flowing.

I'll bring the beverages and some munchies.

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
                VIRTUAL SEASON 6 ROCKS!
                sigpic
                Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Alright, good mornikins!

I've flipped eppies 4 & 5 in our livejournal--Krisrussel, you can use that information to update sgarising.com.

Also, since we're in the progress of writing Parts I & II of RTP, I've updated that journal entry to more accurately reflect the solidification of the story, and removed some of the hypothesis. My Part is filled, so if you want you can see the way that story will look from almost beginning to end, you can read the story summary.

http://community.livejournal.com/sparky_season_6/

SK, I've put in what I know of yours, but if you want to expand it, please let me know...you can send me your part synopsis and I can update it, or we can leave it as is.

Kris, I wouldn't suggest updating the SGArising site with the full plot summary--keep the mini-summaries you have so we don't spoil the general public.
                  I'll take a looksee at it and let you know.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  I'm not sure what we've decided as of yet for formatting purposes--initially I believe it'll be read on the site, but we may be able to do PDFs.

A discussion we had a while ago nixed the idea of making them available for e-books, because that comes too close to 'consumer' territory for which we have no authorization. Though I'm sure there are methods many fanfic writers use, since this is a major undertaking, I think we decided for the safety of all not to go too far with what we do. The website will be available which should be good enough if someone really wants to read them.
                  I'm in favor of including a PDF version; there are many fans who like to print out fics for off-line reading, and we'd be able to include any special fonts or other formatting that may not work across multiple computer configurations in HTML.

There are actually some e-book reader apps out there that will read PDF files, so any clever audience members will be able to get the stories onto their readers or smartphones somehow. But we'll leave that choice up to them.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I would vote PDF as an alternate reading method - but that's just me.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

As entertainment director (at least I hope I haven't lost my title since I've been missing in action for a while ), I think a celebration is in order.

Whoever is around at noon (central standard time) today - let's all start sharing the love in the thread. I suggest posting pics, avatars, ficlet drabbly bits, caps, poems, limericks, etc. Themes, IMHO can include ALL of SGA you find lovely. John & Elizabeth should be in there, since this is the Sparky thread. BUT, in honor of our virtual season appealing to a WIDE variety of SGA fans, it can be broader than our favorite pairing. Agreed?

The party starts at noon, but can go as long as anyone has the love and creative juices flowing.

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
                      VIRTUAL SEASON 6 ROCKS!
                      Hiya, SMB! Long time, no see! How're you doing?

Lost your title? NEVER!

A Sparky spam for the thread... sounds fun, let's see what we can come up with!

Comment

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
                        Congratulations on the great influx of fans for sga rising. I know it is going to be awesome.

Probie so to were you amazing. Sympathize with you being snowed in. We have the same here in Scotland. It is the first time ever I've been snowed in here and its already been 4 days.

Krisrussel are you going the next Chevron Con to see RDA
                        Hi and welcome back! My sympathies go out to anyone who is snowed in.

SPARKY IS ETERNAL!
                        VIRTUAL SEASON 6 ROCKS!
                        Great idea! We are badly in need of a party. Looks like I got back from running errands just in time. I'll be around in between baking my red velvet cookies and putting the lights on the tree.

To get us in the mood for the holidays we can start with this. It's angsty but that was the mood when I made it.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I would vote PDF as an alternate reading method - but that's just me.
                        I like the idea of PDF's also. They are easy to save and read. We're going to need some good graphic art soon to intro episode 1 also.
                        sigpic

Comment

To get us in the mood for the holidays we can start with this. It's angsty but that was the mood when I made it.

SR - that's gorgeous!

Okay, here's a little drabbly ficlet. BE WARNED - I wrote this in 10 minutes. It doesn't follow canon, doesn't follow the laws of science or medicine and has probably about 100 continuity errors. BUT, it does follow the law of Sparky which, in my world, trumps all other laws!

Spoiler:

It took exactly 12 hours for John to feed Rodney, steal a jumper, and achieve Elizabeth’s rescue from space.

It took exactly the same amount of time for Zelenka to find a lab in a remote part of Atlantis which would suit their needs.

It took the combined efforts of Teyla, Ronon and Lorne to keep Woolsey busy enough that he didn’t wonder where John, Rodney & Zelenka were.

It took a week for Rodney, Zelenka and Keller to find a way to reconstruct Elizabeth’s body from stored DNA and it only took 2 hours into the process for them to realize they had to bring Carson back to Atlantis to get it right.

It took another week to find a way to safely extract Elizabeth’s consciousness, spirit and soul from FRAN back to her “own” body.

It took exactly two days for Elizabeth to wake up. Thank God Kate was still in Atlantis, to help transition Elizabeth through those first disorientating moments.

It took exactly 6 hours for everyone to leave Elizabeth and John alone in the lab.

It took exactly 2.5 seconds for John & Elizabeth to decide kissing was the best way to say “Hello, I’ve really missed you. Never leave me again.”
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

GOOD LORD - I was so excited to drop off my drabble, I forgot the beverages and snacks.

*Gives herself a self-imposed Gibbs head slap*

Here are the drinks:
                            Mojitos
                            Pineapple Vodka Drinks
                            Guinness
                            <insert favorite soda and sparkling water here>

Here are the snacks:
                            Nachos
                            Mozzarella Sticks
                            Egg Rolls
                            BBQ Meatballs
                            Veggie/Fruit Tray
                            Chips N Salsa

And, here's something I'd love to see more of......
                            Spoiler:

Elizabeth & Teyla Friendship Moments

sigpic
                            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Sorry for the triple post. Work lunch over and I may not be able to be back until later tonight....

Here's something else I love about SGA and look forward to seeing in our virtual season...
                              Spoiler:

Fun friendship banter between Rodney and Elizabeth.

And, of course, a little Sparky visual before I go.....
                              Spoiler:

Geesh, mirror much?
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87

Comment

SR - that's gorgeous!

Okay, here's a little drabbly ficlet. BE WARNED - I wrote this in 10 minutes. It doesn't follow canon, doesn't follow the laws of science or medicine and has probably about 100 continuity errors. BUT, it does follow the law of Sparky which, in my world, trumps all other laws!

Spoiler:

It took exactly 12 hours for John to feed Rodney, steal a jumper, and achieve Elizabeth’s rescue from space.

It took exactly the same amount of time for Zelenka to find a lab in a remote part of Atlantis which would suit their needs.

It took the combined efforts of Teyla, Ronon and Lorne to keep Woolsey busy enough that he didn’t wonder where John, Rodney & Zelenka were.

It took a week for Rodney, Zelenka and Keller to find a way to reconstruct Elizabeth’s body from stored DNA and it only took 2 hours into the process for them to realize they had to bring Carson back to Atlantis to get it right.

It took another week to find a way to safely extract Elizabeth’s consciousness, spirit and soul from FRAN back to her “own” body.

It took exactly two days for Elizabeth to wake up. Thank God Kate was still in Atlantis, to help transition Elizabeth through those first disorientating moments.

It took exactly 6 hours for everyone to leave Elizabeth and John alone in the lab.

It took exactly 2.5 seconds for John & Elizabeth to decide kissing was the best way to say “Hello, I’ve really missed you. Never leave me again.”
                                That satisfies my personal canon and that's all that matters.

GOOD LORD - I was so excited to drop off my drabble, I forgot the beverages and snacks.

*Gives herself a self-imposed Gibbs head slap*

Here are the drinks:
                                Mojitos
                                Pineapple Vodka Drinks
                                Guinness
                                <insert favorite soda and sparkling water here>

Here are the snacks:
                                Nachos
                                Mozzarella Sticks
                                Egg Rolls
                                BBQ Meatballs
                                Veggie/Fruit Tray
                                Chips N Salsa

And, here's something I'd love to see more of......
                                Spoiler:

Elizabeth & Teyla Friendship Moments

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...ersion0917.jpg

*grabs a sparkling water and some nachos* Whew! The lights are on the tree up as high as I can reach. I'm saving the top foot for Mr. SR. Trying to string lights on a tree while standing on a stepstool never ends well. *grin*

And another present. We haven't seen this in awhile.

Spoiler:

I'm glad you posted a pic from Submersion. I watched that not too long ago and was struck anew by just how Sparky it was. If someone who was a new fan of the show before asked me who was John's romantic interest. I would tell them to watch Submersion and then tell me. It's so very clear there without any anvils. Well, maybe being alone in the dark would indicate romantic interest in a lot of shows but we know this one gets it all wrong usually. And the eyesexextravaganza just goes on and on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X