No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, here's the above picture but smaller, edited for sig size.

Just in case anybody wants it.

*whistles*

A little selfish self promotion never hurt anybody, right???

Finally went back and watched that vid I posted the link for. Just what I needed to give me fits of laughter so I can't go to sleep. Haha!!!
    Last edited by ShipperWriter; 13 November 2010, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Just seein if somethin works ...

Is this playin for anybody else???

Cuz YouTube blocked it before, but it worked last time I tried it ...

EDIT: Never mind, it's still blocked. I think it let me play it because I was logged into YT ... It's still up on Vimeo ... somewhere ...
      Last edited by ShipperWriter; 14 November 2010, 07:52 PM. Reason: YouTube poo poo

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Oh, speak of the Devil:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...rky/sparky.png

I got bored. Did that on Paint. Subtle hint for my new fic ... Mwahahahahahahaha!!!
        You did that when you were bored? Hmm, maybe you should be bored more often, LOL!

And THAT'S the other ficlet I was gonna work on!!!

*starts making her list again*
        Oh, I can't wait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TdfNR30ucs

Just seein if somethin works ...

Is this playin for anybody else???

Cuz YouTube blocked it before, but it worked last time I tried it ...
        Unfortunately, they've blocked it.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Goodmorning Sparkies on this lazy sunday!!
          I'm working on fic, but the muse has left me again, so I'm not sure if I'll get anywhere with it.
          Also working on my faux-tv-show. It's gonna be sci-fi and based on a book I started writing when I was 12. It has an awesome cast: Joe Flanigan, Torri Higginson, Michael Cera, Ben Browder, Abigail Breslin, Jorge Garcia, Alan Tudyk, Claudia Black, Stana Katic, Eric Bana, Connor Trineer, Tony Amendola, Milla Jovovich & Evangeline Lilly.
          I'm really trilled to continue working on this!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Update: USC squeaks it out against Arizona, 24-21. Geeze, I think I'm gonna need a shot of that Scotch just to settle my nerves!

Also, Air Force beat New Mexico, 48-23, while Navy beat Central Michigan, 38-37. Both the Air Force and Marine contingents in Atlantis will be celebrating tonight!
            Yay on the games. At least some of us won.

Loved the sig ShipperWriter. And with all the plans for writing and whatnot looks like everybody is busy. Sparky FTW!
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Watching Harmony again (I didn't put it on, it's rerunning on SyFy) and when he gives the whole leadership speech, I really think he got a lot of that from talking to Elizabeth.
              I'm not saying that John isn't a good leader, because he is and his men respect him. But the thing about putting the needs of your people before yourself and that it's a lot of responsibility. I know John puts others before himself and I know he takes responsibility. But he also saw what leadership did to Elizabeth and how difficult some made it for her (IOA, SGC, Kavanaugh,...) And I think he wants to warn Harmony for that.
              Not sure if I'm making any sense

Sig by me

Comment

Ooh, and before I forget! I'm gonna see RDA at Fedcon in May!!!! *bounces*
                I honestly never thought he would come and I would ever get to see him. This is sooooooooooooooooo awesome

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  Watching Harmony again (I didn't put it on, it's rerunning on SyFy) and when he gives the whole leadership speech, I really think he got a lot of that from talking to Elizabeth.
                  I'm not saying that John isn't a good leader, because he is and his men respect him. But the thing about putting the needs of your people before yourself and that it's a lot of responsibility. I know John puts others before himself and I know he takes responsibility. But he also saw what leadership did to Elizabeth and how difficult some made it for her (IOA, SGC, Kavanaugh,...) And I think he wants to warn Harmony for that.
                  You are making perfect sense. I thought the same thing and that's one of the reasons I like Harmony so much. It's sort of a mirror of the scene with Carter in Reunion when he tells her he saw what the job did to Elizabeth. That scene right there tells me more about their relationship than any other bit of canon. I hate TPTB for once again telling us and not showing us. What you may ask do both these scenes tell us? Only that John knew more about Elizabeth than anyone else. Think about it. Would she have shown any sort of vulnerability in front of the others? Would they know that the job was sometimes a burden? John must have seen her in her most vulnerable moments and he knew that on a personal level she was deeply affected by some of her decisions and the things that had happened to their people.

I honestly never thought he would come and I would ever get to see him. This is sooooooooooooooooo awesome
                  Now that is exciting news. Here's hoping Joe goes again also. Imagine the two of them together.
                  sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Yay on the games. At least some of us won.

Loved the sig ShipperWriter. And with all the plans for writing and whatnot looks like everybody is busy. Sparky FTW!
                    Heh, it sounds like the Sparky World Summer has continued into the autumn and winter!

That totally makes sense. And I'm gonna repost SR's response because she really nailed it...

You are making perfect sense. I thought the same thing and that's one of the reasons I like Harmony so much. It's sort of a mirror of the scene with Carter in Reunion when he tells her he saw what the job did to Elizabeth. That scene right there tells me more about their relationship than any other bit of canon. I hate TPTB for once again telling us and not showing us. What you may ask do both these scenes tell us? Only that John knew more about Elizabeth than anyone else. Think about it. Would she have shown any sort of vulnerability in front of the others? Would they know that the job was sometimes a burden? John must have seen her in her most vulnerable moments and he knew that on a personal level she was deeply affected by some of her decisions and the things that had happened to their people.
                    *nods* And even when it wasn't scripted, Joe really sold it in his portrayal of Sheppard that he was deeply affected, I daresay haunted, by seeing what the burden of command did to Elizabeth, and after Elizabeth was lost, how that burden of command began to weigh so heavily on him. Sure, he wasn't the overall leader-- that was Carter or Woolsey-- but he never was able to share that burden with anyone but Elizabeth. The two of them truly understood that burden and how it affected each other, better than anyone else.

That is awesome!

Now that is exciting news. Here's hoping Joe goes again also. Imagine the two of them together.
                    *cracks up* That's definitely got the potential to be as funny as Joe and David Hewlett on stage together. Oh my. *giggles*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I agree with SK. You nailed it!

And Torri!! ZOMG!!! The three of them on stage together would be amazing!!!

Heh, it sounds like the Sparky World Summer has continued into the autumn and winter!
                      Maybe we should rename it to: 2010, the year of Sparky!

*nods* And even when it wasn't scripted, Joe really sold it in his portrayal of Sheppard that he was deeply affected, I daresay haunted, by seeing what the burden of command did to Elizabeth, and after Elizabeth was lost, how that burden of command began to weigh so heavily on him. Sure, he wasn't the overall leader-- that was Carter or Woolsey-- but he never was able to share that burden with anyone but Elizabeth. The two of them truly understood that burden and how it affected each other, better than anyone else.
                      Fully agree!
                      You and SR have such an eloquent way of explaining these things!

*cracks up* That's definitely got the potential to be as funny as Joe and David Hewlett on stage together. Oh my. *giggles*
                      I would also kill to see Joe, David and Torri together on stage

Sig by me

Comment

Talking about John and his burden of command after losing Elizabeth reminded me of a few things.

First, in The Intruder John was so proud of his promotion and made a joke about the burden of command little knowing how real that burden would become in a couple of years.

Then after losing Elizabeth he seemed weighed down by all the responsibilities which didn't change much even with Carter and Woolsey around to be his new boss. Shouldn't having them there have lessened John's stress? Yet he seemed to get darker and sadder as time went on. We know from the scene in Remnants that was deleted that John was seriously burdened by not being able to save Elizabeth. Do you think this was the largest reason for his turn toward his dark side? Was that just the last straw on top of losing Ford and so many other people under his command?

And also, was there ever a time when John was relatively happy? Would you guys say that in S1-3 before everything went sideways John was content to be where he was and despite the demons that plagued his dreams concerning those he had lost that he was glad to go to work every day and was not in any way damaged psychologically? I've been thinking about this and I think there is proof in canon that he enjoyed most of his life on Atlantis.

Like here for example:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Talking about John and his burden of command after losing Elizabeth reminded me of a few things.

First, in The Intruder John was so proud of his promotion and made a joke about the burden of command little knowing how real that burden would become in a couple of years.

Then after losing Elizabeth he seemed weighed down by all the responsibilities which didn't change much even with Carter and Woolsey around to be his new boss. Shouldn't having them there have lessened John's stress? Yet he seemed to get darker and sadder as time went on. We know from the scene in Remnants that was deleted that John was seriously burdened by not being able to save Elizabeth. Do you think this was the largest reason for his turn toward his dark side? Was that just the last straw on top of losing Ford and so many other people under his command?
                          I believe it was. This train of thought draws me back to my personal canon belief that Sheppard has an unfulfilled debt of honor to Elizabeth. When John was first brought to Elizabeth's attention, he was stuck in a dead-end position in Antarctica, left to basically be passed over for promotion enough times that he would be forced to retire from the Air Force due to lack of advancement. In many respects, I think the AU of "Vegas" was meant to serve as a cautionary tale about what our John's life might have been like if he'd never gone to Atlantis. I wouldn't say that Elizabeth offering John a position on the Atlantis expedition saved his life (it's a little melodramatic, for one); perhaps it's more accurate to say that she gave him the chance to save himself. I think he understands that, and being a man of honor and integrity who lives by the military's 'we don't leave our people behind' credo, I think John recognizes that he owes Elizabeth something of equal worth. He owes it to her to save her life, to give her the chance to save her own life. Except that he's never been able to do it. That failure has got to be weighing very heavily on him; anyone who ignores that simple truth doesn't understand John Sheppard at all.

And also, was there ever a time when John was relatively happy? Would you guys say that in S1-3 before everything went sideways John was content to be where he was and despite the demons that plagued his dreams concerning those he had lost that he was glad to go to work every day and was not in any way damaged psychologically? I've been thinking about this and I think there is proof in canon that he enjoyed most of his life on Atlantis.

Like here for example:

Yeah, I think he was relatively happy on Atlantis for the first three years. He'd found a new purpose in his life; something he could do that very few others could. He'd found a new family, united by heart rather than by shared blood. And every time I think of that, I think of "Lilo and Stitch," and the Hawaiian concept of 'ohana,' or family, and that scene at the end of the movie where Stitch is telling the aliens that came to take him back about his new family: "This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good." And I want to cry, because damnit, John is Stitch.

Comment

John in Stitches *droolz* Elizabeth taking care of him after a rough mission *double droolz*

runz to whump thread~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                              John in Stitches *droolz* Elizabeth taking care of him after a rough mission *double droolz*

runz to whump thread~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              LMAO!

Comment

I believe it was. This train of thought draws me back to my personal canon belief that Sheppard has an unfulfilled debt of honor to Elizabeth. When John was first brought to Elizabeth's attention, he was stuck in a dead-end position in Antarctica, left to basically be passed over for promotion enough times that he would be forced to retire from the Air Force due to lack of advancement. In many respects, I think the AU of "Vegas" was meant to serve as a cautionary tale about what our John's life might have been like if he'd never gone to Atlantis. I wouldn't say that Elizabeth offering John a position on the Atlantis expedition saved his life (it's a little melodramatic, for one); perhaps it's more accurate to say that she gave him the chance to save himself. I think he understands that, and being a man of honor and integrity who lives by the military's 'we don't leave our people behind' credo, I think John recognizes that he owes Elizabeth something of equal worth. He owes it to her to save her life, to give her the chance to save her own life. Except that he's never been able to do it. That failure has got to be weighing very heavily on him; anyone who ignores that simple truth doesn't understand John Sheppard at all.

Yeah, I think he was relatively happy on Atlantis for the first three years. He'd found a new purpose in his life; something he could do that very few others could. He'd found a new family, united by heart rather than by shared blood. And every time I think of that, I think of "Lilo and Stitch," and the Hawaiian concept of 'ohana,' or family, and that scene at the end of the movie where Stitch is telling the aliens that came to take him back about his new family: "This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good." And I want to cry, because damnit, John is Stitch.
                                You just nailed it and I can't think of another thing to add. It must have killed him that he never got a chance to thank her for all she did.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X