Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*stomps in*

Yet again, NONE of my pictures came out well. WTF? I don't have any trouble taking good pictures elsewhere, but for some reason, everything goes to hell when I'm trying to take pictures at a con. I am seriously annoyed.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      *stomps in*

Yet again, NONE of my pictures came out well. WTF? I don't have any trouble taking good pictures elsewhere, but for some reason, everything goes to hell when I'm trying to take pictures at a con. I am seriously annoyed.
      Boo hoo. The lighting at those things is just for crap.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Boo hoo. The lighting at those things is just for crap.
        Totally crap, it made the pictures grainy. And to be honest, the zoom on my camera is clearly not all that great compared to some of the shots I've been seeing on the JF Thunk thread. I may have to get a new camera. *sighs*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I dont understand why they couldn't just put heightmeyer into a deep coma instead of killing her.

Comment

They thought they had to "shock" us, apparently. As if we hadn't just had enough of that with Carson and Elizabeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              I love that guy for many things, and one of them is definitely his way with words.

On a more serious note, I thought I could share a snippet. i can't remember if I shared this one, or not - this is from my Season six episode, Box of Dreams, where Teyla is going through/living in different alternate realities, which are based on decisions she made differently than we know from show - canon. it should be a what - if episode, that plays with the question of Teyla's identity and things important to her.

A small note, this scene is in latter half of the episode, and you might want to know that the more time Teyla spends in her "box" (ancient device that's enabling to make different decisions/change her life) the more she's forgetting about her actual life on Atlantis. At the end, she will have to make a choice and change something, in order to come out of the "box".

Mind you, this is Teyla/John scene. As in Teyla/John scene. In Sparky season six. Do you dare reading?

Spoiler:
              She woke up to the sound of thunder, jerking awake. It took time to realize that she was in her own room, her own bed. The foggy feeling of dizzyness was familiar. Teyla looked around, knowing the room should have felt familiar too, but missing the sense of genuine belonging. Her eyes lingered in the corner where a comfortable looking chair was placed, and she wondered if sitting in it was really as good as she imagined it to be. She felt unsettled, trying to remember her dream – it was a strange dream – when she heard sounds from the bathroom.

“Teyla?”

The voice was both concerned and familiar, and when John walked out, wearing something that must have been sleeping wear, Teyla became acutely aware of the vacant spot in the bed next to her.

“John?” she breathed, feeling confused and exposed in this position – yet she felt her own heart racing faster.

“A nightmare?” he asked, just standing there and watching her. Teyla pulled the bedcover above her breasts instinctively, because this -

it didn't feel right.

“John, what... what are you doing here?” she asked, pulling her feet slightly away.

“Sleeping?” he said, giving her a questioning look as he moved to climb into the bed. “Teyla?”

“Sleep? With – with me?”

“Teyla? Are you okay?”

“I think – I feel dizzy,” she said, looking at him in bewilderment. He sat close to her and moved his hand to cup her face in his palm – a warm gesture he was obviously familiar with, and when she tensed she could see alarm in his eyes.

“Teyla what's the matter?”

She swallowed tightly, grasping for memories, sensations, things she knew, things she should know, but failed to explain this <i>intimacy</i> to herself. It didn't feel unpleasant, but it felt unfamiliar and out of place, and all she wanted is the dizzyness to go away.

“John,” she removed his hand from her face, grasping for that little she was certain of – that they weren't this, weren't lovers. However his reaction was just the opposite, judging by the way he was looking at her.

“What's going on?” she could hear a tinge of hurt coloring his voice, and felt the pain in return because she never wanted to hurt him.

“John,” she looked into his eyes, realizing that the familiarity of them, too, was fading from her grasp. “I do not know how to say this... I do not believe I remember this, John,” she said, realizing she was still holding his hand. She just needed to hold onto something and John looked back at her warmly, determinately. Perhaps he could help her find out what was going on.

“Want me to take you to Carson?”

She nodded, and before he could pull her up and out of the bed, she pulled his hand back.

“John,” she said. “I think I am forgetting.”

“Forgetting?”

She nodded.

“Yes. I want to stop forgetting,” she whispered.

John squeezed her hand,

“Come on,” he said urgently.

Can't wait for the full episode. It looks really good.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I admit taht I like the muted version of Rodney there. Not that I disliked him earlier in SG - 1; I didn't. He was smart and hilarious and amusing, in an annoying way, and he kept all those traits through SGA. His interactions with Elizabeth turned him into a better eprson, I think, she brought out the sides of him that others rarely could. Another reason why the show suffered so much after they ditched her.... but we are SO fixing that in our virtual season.
                I've said before that I liked the role Rodney played in that ep. I never thought he should go off-world every single time. The wonders of Atlantis, to me, seemed more important than run-of-the-mill missions. Obviously, not cut out his off-world stuff, perhaps just dial it back 20-30%.

I liked him in Rising, but he was limited in what he could do with his 'personality' because they were all under a serious time constraint. I always found it strange that they found it necessary to tone down his attitude part way through the first season due to fan reaction (MG said the reaction to the Planet Kidkill ep was bad, so they 'altered' him) without giving an obvious on-screen reason for the change.

Poor Rodney suffered the most from wild changes in characterisation, depending on who was writing the ep. I disliked him in many Carl Binder eps, sadly.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                Good morning Sparkies!
                I love the fact that Joe is talking about Torri again and I can't wait for SK's report!

That's true! David and Joe talked about it at Fedcon how Rodney was OOC compared to the rest of the season.
                But that "Chevron 1 encoded" scene was and still is hilarious
                It was Plus a massive dig at Walter

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                I'm watching BamSR again and it's funny how in the meeting, Carter can't shut Rodney up, but John can with one word. But kudos to Carter for telling Ellis off... although I think Elizabeth would have done an even better job at that
                And Elizabeth also wouldn't have had any problem shutting Rodney up...
                It's a good scene. But I always got the impression it was written for Carter, rather than anything else, to show what a great commander she was. A pretty empty threat too - how was she going to enforce it?

Actually, it was an older man who asked about Joe and Torri's political discussions adding "tension" to the Sheppard & Weir scenes. Funny no one else mentioned the Sparky aspect of his question.

Heh, he also brought up wanting to bring back "Sheppard's girlfriend" while in the process of answering my question; I think he was the same one who talked about Larrin at the Dynamite panel at Comic-Con 2009, so I'm assuming by "Sheppard's girlfriend" he meant Larrin. Murray struck me as having the same mindset we have with our plans for Atlantis Rising in wanting to stick to things that are consistent with established canon, so storylines where there's some wiggle room (like getting Weir back) are definitely on the table, while storylines that will obviously contradict canon are not being considered. He also went into this train of thought a little more in relation to the SGU comic line; they're having trouble coming up with a story to get that ball rolling because SGU is so tightly plotted out that it's difficult for them to find a good spot to slide in a story that won't mess with anything on the show.

I've got to say, having heard him talk about the comics, I'm a lot more confident that the comics will do a much better job at being true to the spirit of Stargate canon than the novels are doing.
                I suppose Larrin is the closest thing Sheppard had to a girlfriend at the end of the show. I'd never thought about it like that. It's nice to see they're keeping with canon, but to be honest it wouldn't bother me too much if they didn't.

I love that guy for many things, and one of them is definitely his way with words.

On a more serious note, I thought I could share a snippet. i can't remember if I shared this one, or not - this is from my Season six episode, Box of Dreams, where Teyla is going through/living in different alternate realities, which are based on decisions she made differently than we know from show - canon. it should be a what - if episode, that plays with the question of Teyla's identity and things important to her.

A small note, this scene is in latter half of the episode, and you might want to know that the more time Teyla spends in her "box" (ancient device that's enabling to make different decisions/change her life) the more she's forgetting about her actual life on Atlantis. At the end, she will have to make a choice and change something, in order to come out of the "box".

Mind you, this is Teyla/John scene. As in Teyla/John scene. In Sparky season six. Do you dare reading?

Spoiler:
                She woke up to the sound of thunder, jerking awake. It took time to realize that she was in her own room, her own bed. The foggy feeling of dizzyness was familiar. Teyla looked around, knowing the room should have felt familiar too, but missing the sense of genuine belonging. Her eyes lingered in the corner where a comfortable looking chair was placed, and she wondered if sitting in it was really as good as she imagined it to be. She felt unsettled, trying to remember her dream – it was a strange dream – when she heard sounds from the bathroom.

“Teyla?”

The voice was both concerned and familiar, and when John walked out, wearing something that must have been sleeping wear, Teyla became acutely aware of the vacant spot in the bed next to her.

“John?” she breathed, feeling confused and exposed in this position – yet she felt her own heart racing faster.

“A nightmare?” he asked, just standing there and watching her. Teyla pulled the bedcover above her breasts instinctively, because this -

it didn't feel right.

“John, what... what are you doing here?” she asked, pulling her feet slightly away.

“Sleeping?” he said, giving her a questioning look as he moved to climb into the bed. “Teyla?”

“Sleep? With – with me?”

“Teyla? Are you okay?”

“I think – I feel dizzy,” she said, looking at him in bewilderment. He sat close to her and moved his hand to cup her face in his palm – a warm gesture he was obviously familiar with, and when she tensed she could see alarm in his eyes.

She swallowed tightly, grasping for memories, sensations, things she knew, things she should know, but failed to explain this <i>intimacy</i> to herself. It didn't feel unpleasant, but it felt unfamiliar and out of place, and all she wanted is the dizzyness to go away.

“John,” she removed his hand from her face, grasping for that little she was certain of – that they weren't this, weren't lovers. However his reaction was just the opposite, judging by the way he was looking at her.

“What's going on?” she could hear a tinge of hurt coloring his voice, and felt the pain in return because she never wanted to hurt him.

“John,” she looked into his eyes, realizing that the familiarity of them, too, was fading from her grasp. “I do not know how to say this... I do not believe I remember this, John,” she said, realizing she was still holding his hand. She just needed to hold onto something and John looked back at her warmly, determinately. Perhaps he could help her find out what was going on.

She nodded, and before he could pull her up and out of the bed, she pulled his hand back.

“Forgetting?”

She nodded.

John squeezed her hand,

Love it. LOVE it

They thought they had to "shock" us, apparently. As if we hadn't just had enough of that with Carson and Elizabeth.
                MW is fond of saying that tv doesn't have jeoprady if people don't die. That's true, to a point. His other expression is that nobody really dies in sci-fi. Dang, what's the point of killing people off then?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

I suppose Larrin is the closest thing Sheppard had to a girlfriend at the end of the show. I'd never thought about it like that. It's nice to see they're keeping with canon, but to be honest it wouldn't bother me too much if they didn't.

Love it. LOVE it

MW is fond of saying that tv doesn't have jeoprady if people don't die. That's true, to a point. His other expression is that nobody really dies in sci-fi. Dang, what's the point of killing people off then?
                  Let's face it, Larrin was the only woman he pursued. He "never saw it coming" with the rest of them. The times when he asked for her "number" and asked what's her face if she talked about him were more than he ever did regarding another woman. So I can see where non-shippers of him with one of the regular cast members could look at her as a potential girlfriend. Plus I think they had good chemistry of the "You're hot, I'm hot, whatta ya think?" sort.

Killing off Kate was truly stupid, especially since they didn't replace her. This outfit not having a psychologist was a bad idea.

And they didn't seem to have any trouble killing off their leading lady. *%@$!@^&$*
                  sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

“Teyla?”

it didn't feel right.

“Sleep? With – with me?”

“Teyla? Are you okay?”

“Forgetting?”

She nodded.

John squeezed her hand,

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Cool! Very nice! My Sparky heart was a little hurt at that, which is good!
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

I've said before that I liked the role Rodney played in that ep. I never thought he should go off-world every single time. The wonders of Atlantis, to me, seemed more important than run-of-the-mill missions. Obviously, not cut out his off-world stuff, perhaps just dial it back 20-30%.
                      Exactly. The whole point of sending an expedition to Atlantis was to study the city and learn the secrets of the Ancients. We didn't see as much of that in five years as we should have.

It should bother people, though. The thing is, they're media tie-ins that have been licensed by the studio. They absolutely should keep with canon in order to stay consistent with what's come before on the show. If they don't, then what the heck is the point of the effort? They might as well be original stories with no connection to Stargate whatsoever.

The problem I see with MW's comment is that these people (well, SG-1 and SGA; Universe is different in that they're intentionally not supposed to be the 'best of the best') are supposed to be better trained and equipped to deal with the crazy stuff than the average guy on the street. So shouldn't they have a better chance of actually surviving the crazy stuff than any of us?

Let's face it, Larrin was the only woman he pursued. He "never saw it coming" with the rest of them. The times when he asked for her "number" and asked what's her face if she talked about him were more than he ever did regarding another woman. So I can see where non-shippers of him with one of the regular cast members could look at her as a potential girlfriend. Plus I think they had good chemistry of the "You're hot, I'm hot, whatta ya think?" sort.
                      Larrin certainly fits as far as canon-approved goes. Sometimes, I still can't get over the fact that all she seems to do is beat him up and put him down. I guess John likes the abuse since he keeps coming back for more, but I can't help but think that he deserves better. Oh well.

Killing off Kate was truly stupid, especially since they didn't replace her. This outfit not having a psychologist was a bad idea.
                      That's for sure.

And they didn't seem to have any trouble killing off their leading lady. *%@$!@^&$*
                      Grr!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        Okay, in part because I want some honest opinions on the demeanors here (and in part because I love treating you and in part because I like hearing 'cool! cool!') here is another segment of Return to Pegasus, Part I.

This is the first time we see Teyla, and the scene follows the conference room meeting with the IOA. What do you think of Teyla in it? Is it canon enough? I'm trying to keep it in character and yet give her an edge...

Spoiler:
                        The doors to the Atlantis conference room swung open slowly, revealing a group of dour appearing IOA representatives, followed by John, Richard Woolsey and Rodney, who looked no happier than the Earth diplomats.

<snip for space>
                        Cool! I like the sharper characterization.

Spoiler:
                        Liked her line about the 'having bigger problems than our clothes if we're discovered.'

I have three pages of "Box of dreams" and most of the fic outlined. I think a talk with Erin will become necessary rather soon, because of the fic she's writing, that's dealing with Teyla, for the character - continuity sake.
                        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        We should probably all 3 of us chat (and SK too), since I'm writing the 3rd episode, which is Teyla centric, and Erin will have to take some of her cues from me. I, in turn, will have to take my cues in part from SK, because she'll be setting up the very first moments of Teyla's return to Pegasus.

Teyla's going to have a nice strong arc with some depth and development, so it would be good for all of us to hammer out the details early, you're right.
                        Yeah, we'll definitely need to do that. I also need to know exactly what's going on with the Athosian situation in general (with the tensions between them and Teyla/Atlantis and whatnot), so I can start thinking about where exactly I'm going with her. Plus that's kinda critical for the whole ep in general.

As for progress, I've started on the teaser scene, and I've got a pretty good outline from before when we first started brainstorming all this.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        You know. All of a sudden I'm imagining Doppelganger being recreated with comically obvious dubbing edited in.

Teyla: I cannot wake her.

Keller: She's [FAINTED].

Carter: This is Colonel Carter. If I could have your attention please, I'm very sorry to inform you we have lost [CONSCIOUSNESS OF] a valuable member of the expedition today. Dr. Heightmeyer [MEANS] a great deal to us and her [FAINTING] is nothing short of [ANNOYING].

Anyway, I think I sort of knew about Joe Flanigan and TPTB having some sort of issue with each other. But what was it exactly that he blames them for?
                        LOL!

Spoiler:
                        She woke up to the sound of thunder, jerking awake.

<snip for space>

I dared! This is great! Just curious though... is this the first alternate 'reality' where she's been with John, or have there been others and this is just where things are beginning to deteriorate?

*stomps in*

Aw man! Sorry. *hugs*
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Hello!
                          I feel like a stranger those days. I'm not here often.lol

Anuna: My opinion is not different. This is fantastic. Can't wait to read the entire season

SK:Thanks for your report. Too bad your pics are not great. *hugs*

And now I just realized I will be the next one to meet Joe. I hope I will have something interesting to say to you.lol
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Exactly. The whole point of sending an expedition to Atlantis was to study the city and learn the secrets of the Ancients. We didn't see as much of that in five years as we should have.

It should bother people, though. The thing is, they're media tie-ins that have been licensed by the studio. They absolutely should keep with canon in order to stay consistent with what's come before on the show. If they don't, then what the heck is the point of the effort? They might as well be original stories with no connection to Stargate whatsoever.

The problem I see with MW's comment is that these people (well, SG-1 and SGA; Universe is different in that they're intentionally not supposed to be the 'best of the best') are supposed to be better trained and equipped to deal with the crazy stuff than the average guy on the street. So shouldn't they have a better chance of actually surviving the crazy stuff than any of us?

Larrin certainly fits as far as canon-approved goes. Sometimes, I still can't get over the fact that all she seems to do is beat him up and put him down. I guess John likes the abuse since he keeps coming back for more, but I can't help but think that he deserves better. Oh well.

That's for sure.

Grr!
                            On beating up John. Sometimes I got the feeling TPTB thought that was romantic. LOL

But one has to really wonder how MGM could approve books that just ignore the parts of canon they don't like and make up stuff out of thin air to explain what they wished had happened. Are those books still being published by the way? Not much is mentioned about them.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Hello!
                            I feel like a stranger those days. I'm not here often.lol

Anuna: My opinion is not different. This is fantastic. Can't wait to read the entire season

SK:Thanks for your report. Too bad your pics are not great. *hugs*

And now I just realized I will be the next one to meet Joe. I hope I will have something interesting to say to you.lol
                            If all you say is "ImetJoeOMGOMGImetJoe" we will still think it is interesting. When is your con? The last weekend of Nov?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              I dont understand why they couldn't just put heightmeyer into a deep coma instead of killing her.
                              What's the fun in that?

What shock?!?

I was shocked alright. However, the in-show shock lasted a grand total of 2 scenes.
                              TPTB did say she was an expandable character.... *quivering lip*

I'll never forgive them for it... NEVER!

A statement which TPTB have proven to be incorrect.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That about sums it up for me. It might've developed more than that, but TPTW never pursued it. Was that due to the actress not being available (presumably that's why what's her face was there in The Lost Tribe) or just that they kinda forgot about it?

Especially considering she would've had plenty of good scenes with Teyla in the eps following, especiallywith the loss of the Athosians, as well as her uncertainty about going back to work.

No, they didn't. *%@$!@^&$* indeed.

They considered it boring because they didn't need to do any CGI. Hot Zone, ToR, TS/TE anyone?

That's true. I know the comics and novels are popular, but not everyone reads them. And given that they never reference them on the show (they might, I wouldn't realise if they did), I've always thought of them as an AU. Which is why I don't really care about them - if it didn't happen on-screen (or at least be referenced), then it didn't really happen (for me).

True again. And there are ways of putting people in jeoprady without actually killing them too.

It might've altered somewhat if they'd actually gotten together, who knows?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                What's the fun in that?

What shock?!?

I was shocked alright. However, the in-show shock lasted a grand total of 2 scenes.
                                TPTB did say she was an expandable character.... *quivering lip*

I'll never forgive them for it... NEVER!
                                I don't really count her as such. Sure, Ford, or even Lorne were, because you could slot another member of the military into their role pretty much straight away. But the same can't be said for Kate. And having her die in a dream was just lame, no matter how you look at it.

A statement which TPTB have proven to be incorrect.
                                Only when it suits them, it seems
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X