Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    I totally don't get how people could think Teyla had children and a husband that got culled before getting together with Kanaan and having Torren. Did they really not see the talk she had with Lorne in "Spoils of War"?
    People tend to forget or ignore things so that it may suit their preference. We all do it, you know. Doesn't make it any less canon though...

Kate's not dead, she just fainted.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

To get further info on the con and the comments about Torri, you can read this con report . This follows up on the convo I had with Joe in Chicago. Those political discussions must have been interesting.

Also some people have been asking who the Paul Allen is who took Joe out on his yacht. He's the co-founder along with Bill Gates of Microsoft. Here's a bit on the yacht. If he's a fan of SGA, he could fund the movie all by himself. LOL
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oye ... ... nice yacht.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Yes, I went to the con. Full report will come later, but a few tidbits (in no particular order):

- Yeah, someone asked Joe about Torri and the two of them having political discussions and how it may have added to Sheppard & Weir scenes. Quite fun stuff about both Torri and Joe being free spirits, and Joe poking a little fun at Torri. He still misses her and misses working with her very much.

- Joe, once again, made some very critical comments on the state of the Stargate franchise. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Also made some choice comments on how things work in Hollywood, and criticized how it always seems to be about ego and vanity. You know who I'm talking about on this one, too.

- He's really got a good feeling on this new series that he did a backdoor pilot for (Best Laid Plans). Apparently, it was sponsored by Proctor & Gamble and Wal-Mart. Good, clean, wholesome TV, which Joe likes and laments that there isn't more of it out there. Speaking of the ego and vanity in Hollywood, he found it very refreshing that there wasn't any of that nonsense from the people running this show. Sounds like he really wants this project to move forward and is happy he found it.

Later in the afternoon, there was also a short talk with Doug Murray, who is currently working on the new Stargate comic books being published by Dynamite. It turns out that the reason for the delay in the main line of the comics is Universe. Basically, it's in the contract with MGM that the first issue has to contain a story from each series, and they haven't given an okay to an SGU story yet (though the SG-1 and SGA stories are approved and ready to go). So for now, Dynamite is putting out miniseries focused on individual characters; right now they're putting out ones on Vala Mal Doran, and Daniel Jackson (Murray is working on the Daniel one); there's a Carter series in the planning stages, so that'll be next.

Murray's not terribly happy with the artwork on these comics, either, and warned us not to expect much from that quarter; apparently, since it's expected that the comics won't sell many issues, they won't pony up the money to get better artists.

Murray also asked for a few suggestions of things we'd like to see happen in future comic storylines; I was first out the gate with asking to see Elizabeth Weir come back. He said there was definitely a possibility that could happen; though he mentioned that due to the SGU-related delay in getting the main comics out that it could be a while before we see it.

Haven't looked at my pictures yet, so I don't know how well they came out. Stay tuned.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Hello from teh gutter!!!
          It's all about the gutter.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Hmm. I wonder how that would've worked? She really would've been super-sam - leading the team, doing the tech stuff, and shooting the bad guys. They wouldn't have even needed Sheppard.
          My guess is it might have been more of a mentor-student kind of thing; the new guy to the Stargate program learning the ropes from the veteran kind of thing.

Did they really think that far ahead?
          If nothing else, they probably slid it in as a backdoor to future stories.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          People tend to forget or ignore things so that it may suit their preference. We all do it, you know. Doesn't make it any less canon though...

Fainted, was in a coma for a while and had to wake up first, that sorta thing. Hell yeah, Kate's still alive, damnit. *shakes fist*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          To get further info on the con and the comments about Torri, you can read this con report . This follows up on the convo I had with Joe in Chicago. Those political discussions must have been interesting.

Also some people have been asking who the Paul Allen is who took Joe out on his yacht. He's the co-founder along with Bill Gates of Microsoft. Here's a bit on the yacht. If he's a fan of SGA, he could fund the movie all by himself. LOL
          *cracks up* Wouldn't it be great if he did?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*raises hand*

I don't have Sparky contacts.... I wear glasses.
            Your own special brand of rose tinted glasses. Hehe. Bet you must get sick of that one

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            I totally don't get how people could think Teyla had children and a husband that got culled before getting together with Kanaan and having Torren. Did they really not see the talk she had with Lorne in "Spoils of War"?
            I don't really get that either. Pregnant perhaps, but certainly not a child and husband

And with the way John acts about Teyla's pregnancy, I'm still certain Elizabeth was pregnant when she got left behind on Asuras and John doesn't want something like that happening again.
            But then again, in my happy little Sparky world, Elizabeth never got injured in the first place and she and John still happily live in Atlantis, have lots of storage room sex, have been married on the balcony with an Athosian ceremony and have two kids, one boy, one girl... I love my happy little Sparky world
            You're talking AU, right?

Exactly

Thanks

Oye ... ... nice yacht.
            Yes, it's not so much a yacht as it is a portable island. The lifeboats are probably yachts themselves Iz jealous

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Yes, I went to the con. Full report will come later, but a few tidbits (in no particular order):

- Yeah, someone asked Joe about Torri and the two of them having political discussions and how it may have added to Sheppard & Weir scenes. Quite fun stuff about both Torri and Joe being free spirits, and Joe poking a little fun at Torri. He still misses her and misses working with her very much.

- Joe, once again, made some very critical comments on the state of the Stargate franchise. Yeah, you know what I'm talking about. Also made some choice comments on how things work in Hollywood, and criticized how it always seems to be about ego and vanity. You know who I'm talking about on this one, too.

- He's really got a good feeling on this new series that he did a backdoor pilot for (Best Laid Plans). Apparently, it was sponsored by Proctor & Gamble and Wal-Mart. Good, clean, wholesome TV, which Joe likes and laments that there isn't more of it out there. Speaking of the ego and vanity in Hollywood, he found it very refreshing that there wasn't any of that nonsense from the people running this show. Sounds like he really wants this project to move forward and is happy he found it.

Later in the afternoon, there was also a short talk with Doug Murray, who is currently working on the new Stargate comic books being published by Dynamite. It turns out that the reason for the delay in the main line of the comics is Universe. Basically, it's in the contract with MGM that the first issue has to contain a story from each series, and they haven't given an okay to an SGU story yet (though the SG-1 and SGA stories are approved and ready to go). So for now, Dynamite is putting out miniseries focused on individual characters; right now they're putting out ones on Vala Mal Doran, and Daniel Jackson (Murray is working on the Daniel one); there's a Carter series in the planning stages, so that'll be next.

Murray's not terribly happy with the artwork on these comics, either, and warned us not to expect much from that quarter; apparently, since it's expected that the comics won't sell many issues, they won't pony up the money to get better artists.

Murray also asked for a few suggestions of things we'd like to see happen in future comic storylines; I was first out the gate with asking to see Elizabeth Weir come back. He said there was definitely a possibility that could happen; though he mentioned that due to the SGU-related delay in getting the main comics out that it could be a while before we see it.

Haven't looked at my pictures yet, so I don't know how well they came out. Stay tuned.
            Joe really does sound like a nice guy. Maybe that's why they didn't like him

My guess is it might have been more of a mentor-student kind of thing; the new guy to the Stargate program learning the ropes from the veteran kind of thing.
            And Ingram in the Zelenka role, perhaps. W/o the attitude from Carter. Presumably Weir wouldn't have lasted too long there either, they'd have dumped her at the end of s1 with all of those characters in the mix.

By accident
            sigpic

Comment

Your own special brand of rose tinted glasses. Hehe. Bet you must get sick of that one
              Not really.

Pregnant perhaps, but certainly not a child and husband
              Even that goes beyond me...

You're talking AU, right?
              Who knows?

Yes, it's not so much a yacht as it is a portable island. The lifeboats are probably yachts themselves Iz jealous
              Second that.

By accident
              I don't see any other way possible with these guys...

Comment

It's all about the gutter.

Fainted, was in a coma for a while and had to wake up first, that sorta thing. Hell yeah, Kate's still alive, damnit. *shakes fist*

*cracks up* Wouldn't it be great if he did?
                Looking forward to that con report. Could you tell who asked the Sparky question? Someone who read my con report I presume. LOL Funny, but I've read a number of tweets about that and you're the only one to mention the Weir connection or anything else he said. I would dearly love to pick Joe's brain some more on politics. I think he and Mr. SR also would enjoy mulling over a few things.

The comic book guy said the same thing in Chicago about the art. I don't know much about comic books but it looked okay. Glad they are considering including her. And in Chicago he also said the comics are considered canon. I doubt we'll have to deal with Teyla having been married before in those.
                sigpic

Comment

You know. All of a sudden I'm imagining Doppelganger being recreated with comically obvious dubbing edited in.

Teyla: I cannot wake her.

Keller: She's [FAINTED].

Carter: This is Colonel Carter. If I could have your attention please, I'm very sorry to inform you we have lost [CONSCIOUSNESS OF] a valuable member of the expedition today. Dr. Heightmeyer [MEANS] a great deal to us and her [FAINTING] is nothing short of [ANNOYING].

Anyway, I think I sort of knew about Joe Flanigan and TPTB having some sort of issue with each other. But what was it exactly that he blames them for?
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Looking forward to that con report. Could you tell who asked the Sparky question? Someone who read my con report I presume. LOL Funny, but I've read a number of tweets about that and you're the only one to mention the Weir connection or anything else he said. I would dearly love to pick Joe's brain some more on politics. I think he and Mr. SR also would enjoy mulling over a few things.
                    Actually, it was an older man who asked about Joe and Torri's political discussions adding "tension" to the Sheppard & Weir scenes. Funny no one else mentioned the Sparky aspect of his question.

The comic book guy said the same thing in Chicago about the art. I don't know much about comic books but it looked okay. Glad they are considering including her. And in Chicago he also said the comics are considered canon. I doubt we'll have to deal with Teyla having been married before in those.
                    Heh, he also brought up wanting to bring back "Sheppard's girlfriend" while in the process of answering my question; I think he was the same one who talked about Larrin at the Dynamite panel at Comic-Con 2009, so I'm assuming by "Sheppard's girlfriend" he meant Larrin. Murray struck me as having the same mindset we have with our plans for Atlantis Rising in wanting to stick to things that are consistent with established canon, so storylines where there's some wiggle room (like getting Weir back) are definitely on the table, while storylines that will obviously contradict canon are not being considered. He also went into this train of thought a little more in relation to the SGU comic line; they're having trouble coming up with a story to get that ball rolling because SGU is so tightly plotted out that it's difficult for them to find a good spot to slide in a story that won't mess with anything on the show.

I've got to say, having heard him talk about the comics, I'm a lot more confident that the comics will do a much better job at being true to the spirit of Stargate canon than the novels are doing.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                      You know. All of a sudden I'm imagining Doppelganger being recreated with comically obvious dubbing edited in.

Carter: This is Colonel Carter. If I could have your attention please, I'm very sorry to inform you we have lost [CONSCIOUSNESS OF] a valuable member of the expedition today. Dr. Heightmeyer [MEANS] a great deal to us and her [FAINTING] is nothing short of [ANNOYING].
                      HAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, I think I sort of knew about Joe Flanigan and TPTB having some sort of issue with each other. But what was it exactly that he blames them for?
                      It's not any one specific thing with Joe, more like a number of recurring issues, like unnecessary casting changes that disrupt cast chemistry, ignoring opinions of cast and fans, and, as Joe put it more than once yesterday, "ego."

Comment

It's not any one specific thing with Joe, more like a number of recurring issues, like unnecessary casting changes that disrupt cast chemistry, ignoring opinions of cast and fans, and, as Joe put it more than once yesterday, "ego."
                        I love that guy for many things, and one of them is definitely his way with words.

On a more serious note, I thought I could share a snippet. i can't remember if I shared this one, or not - this is from my Season six episode, Box of Dreams, where Teyla is going through/living in different alternate realities, which are based on decisions she made differently than we know from show - canon. it should be a what - if episode, that plays with the question of Teyla's identity and things important to her.

A small note, this scene is in latter half of the episode, and you might want to know that the more time Teyla spends in her "box" (ancient device that's enabling to make different decisions/change her life) the more she's forgetting about her actual life on Atlantis. At the end, she will have to make a choice and change something, in order to come out of the "box".

Mind you, this is Teyla/John scene. As in Teyla/John scene. In Sparky season six. Do you dare reading?

Spoiler:
                        She woke up to the sound of thunder, jerking awake. It took time to realize that she was in her own room, her own bed. The foggy feeling of dizzyness was familiar. Teyla looked around, knowing the room should have felt familiar too, but missing the sense of genuine belonging. Her eyes lingered in the corner where a comfortable looking chair was placed, and she wondered if sitting in it was really as good as she imagined it to be. She felt unsettled, trying to remember her dream – it was a strange dream – when she heard sounds from the bathroom.

“Teyla?”

The voice was both concerned and familiar, and when John walked out, wearing something that must have been sleeping wear, Teyla became acutely aware of the vacant spot in the bed next to her.

“John?” she breathed, feeling confused and exposed in this position – yet she felt her own heart racing faster.

“A nightmare?” he asked, just standing there and watching her. Teyla pulled the bedcover above her breasts instinctively, because this -

it didn't feel right.

“John, what... what are you doing here?” she asked, pulling her feet slightly away.

“Sleeping?” he said, giving her a questioning look as he moved to climb into the bed. “Teyla?”

“Sleep? With – with me?”

“Teyla? Are you okay?”

“I think – I feel dizzy,” she said, looking at him in bewilderment. He sat close to her and moved his hand to cup her face in his palm – a warm gesture he was obviously familiar with, and when she tensed she could see alarm in his eyes.

“Teyla what's the matter?”

She swallowed tightly, grasping for memories, sensations, things she knew, things she should know, but failed to explain this <i>intimacy</i> to herself. It didn't feel unpleasant, but it felt unfamiliar and out of place, and all she wanted is the dizzyness to go away.

“John,” she removed his hand from her face, grasping for that little she was certain of – that they weren't this, weren't lovers. However his reaction was just the opposite, judging by the way he was looking at her.

“What's going on?” she could hear a tinge of hurt coloring his voice, and felt the pain in return because she never wanted to hurt him.

“John,” she looked into his eyes, realizing that the familiarity of them, too, was fading from her grasp. “I do not know how to say this... I do not believe I remember this, John,” she said, realizing she was still holding his hand. She just needed to hold onto something and John looked back at her warmly, determinately. Perhaps he could help her find out what was going on.

“Want me to take you to Carson?”

She nodded, and before he could pull her up and out of the bed, she pulled his hand back.

“John,” she said. “I think I am forgetting.”

“Forgetting?”

She nodded.

“Yes. I want to stop forgetting,” she whispered.

John squeezed her hand,

“Come on,” he said urgently.

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          I love that guy for many things, and one of them is definitely his way with words.
                          You and me both.

On a more serious note, I thought I could share a snippet. i can't remember if I shared this one, or not - this is from my Season six episode, Box of Dreams, where Teyla is going through/living in different alternate realities, which are based on decisions she made differently than we know from show - canon. it should be a what - if episode, that plays with the question of Teyla's identity and things important to her.

A small note, this scene is in latter half of the episode, and you might want to know that the more time Teyla spends in her "box" (ancient device that's enabling to make different decisions/change her life) the more she's forgetting about her actual life on Atlantis. At the end, she will have to make a choice and change something, in order to come out of the "box".

Mind you, this is Teyla/John scene. As in Teyla/John scene. In Sparky season six. Do you dare reading?

Spoiler:
                          She woke up to the sound of thunder, jerking awake. It took time to realize that she was in her own room, her own bed. The foggy feeling of dizzyness was familiar. Teyla looked around, knowing the room should have felt familiar too, but missing the sense of genuine belonging. Her eyes lingered in the corner where a comfortable looking chair was placed, and she wondered if sitting in it was really as good as she imagined it to be. She felt unsettled, trying to remember her dream – it was a strange dream – when she heard sounds from the bathroom.

“Teyla?”

The voice was both concerned and familiar, and when John walked out, wearing something that must have been sleeping wear, Teyla became acutely aware of the vacant spot in the bed next to her.

“John?” she breathed, feeling confused and exposed in this position – yet she felt her own heart racing faster.

“A nightmare?” he asked, just standing there and watching her. Teyla pulled the bedcover above her breasts instinctively, because this -

it didn't feel right.

“John, what... what are you doing here?” she asked, pulling her feet slightly away.

“Sleeping?” he said, giving her a questioning look as he moved to climb into the bed. “Teyla?”

“Sleep? With – with me?”

“Teyla? Are you okay?”

“I think – I feel dizzy,” she said, looking at him in bewilderment. He sat close to her and moved his hand to cup her face in his palm – a warm gesture he was obviously familiar with, and when she tensed she could see alarm in his eyes.

She swallowed tightly, grasping for memories, sensations, things she knew, things she should know, but failed to explain this <i>intimacy</i> to herself. It didn't feel unpleasant, but it felt unfamiliar and out of place, and all she wanted is the dizzyness to go away.

“John,” she removed his hand from her face, grasping for that little she was certain of – that they weren't this, weren't lovers. However his reaction was just the opposite, judging by the way he was looking at her.

“What's going on?” she could hear a tinge of hurt coloring his voice, and felt the pain in return because she never wanted to hurt him.

“John,” she looked into his eyes, realizing that the familiarity of them, too, was fading from her grasp. “I do not know how to say this... I do not believe I remember this, John,” she said, realizing she was still holding his hand. She just needed to hold onto something and John looked back at her warmly, determinately. Perhaps he could help her find out what was going on.

She nodded, and before he could pull her up and out of the bed, she pulled his hand back.

“Forgetting?”

She nodded.

John squeezed her hand,

Hell yes, I dared to read! *flails* ZOMG, that is a fantastic snippet! You captured Teyla's confusion and desperation to understand, to know where everything is supposed to fit, perfectly. I am so looking forward to seeing Box of Dreams when it's done!

Comment

Actually, it was an older man who asked about Joe and Torri's political discussions adding "tension" to the Sheppard & Weir scenes. Funny no one else mentioned the Sparky aspect of his question.
                            Yeah. Funny.

Heh, he also brought up wanting to bring back "Sheppard's girlfriend" while in the process of answering my question; I think he was the same one who talked about Larrin at the Dynamite panel at Comic-Con 2009, so I'm assuming by "Sheppard's girlfriend" he meant Larrin. Murray struck me as having the same mindset we have with our plans for Atlantis Rising in wanting to stick to things that are consistent with established canon, so storylines where there's some wiggle room (like getting Weir back) are definitely on the table, while storylines that will obviously contradict canon are not being considered. He also went into this train of thought a little more in relation to the SGU comic line; they're having trouble coming up with a story to get that ball rolling because SGU is so tightly plotted out that it's difficult for them to find a good spot to slide in a story that won't mess with anything on the show.

I've got to say, having heard him talk about the comics, I'm a lot more confident that the comics will do a much better job at being true to the spirit of Stargate canon than the novels are doing.
                            I got that same feeling from him. He really wants to tell stories that would be possible within canon. As much as most of us would dislike a comic with a John/Larrin relationship, at least there is canon proof that it might have happened. As long as they don't make her the love of his life or something unlikely like that.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Someone else said that Joe was asked about a certain producer "hating" him and he said he doesn't know why and doesn't hate anyone.

Spoiler:

“Teyla?”

it didn't feel right.

“Sleep? With – with me?”

“Teyla? Are you okay?”

“Forgetting?”

She nodded.

John squeezed her hand,

Awww, sweet. Great way to deal with it and stay true to canon.
                            sigpic

Comment

Yeah. Funny.
                              *snerks*

I got that same feeling from him. He really wants to tell stories that would be possible within canon. As much as most of us would dislike a comic with a John/Larrin relationship, at least there is canon proof that it might have happened. As long as they don't make her the love of his life or something unlikely like that.

Someone else said that Joe was asked about a certain producer "hating" him and he said he doesn't know why and doesn't hate anyone.
                              Joe called himself the 'laziest man in the world,' or words to that effect, and said that hating anyone just takes too much energy and work. LOL!

Comment

SUPERGREEN 4 U!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X