No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I was on deviantArt one day and found a music meme that someone had done to a pairing from Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was funny and looked like fun, so today I finally did one of my own. I chose Sparky of course.

This was totally fun and anyone should do it.

Meme is here: link Full explanations for all the pics are in the author's comment.
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Mature as in smutty, but we can expand it to fics covering more serious themes and topics.
      Ah! I had a feeling you were talking about smut, but I just wanted to be sure.

Do I like reading smut? Heck yeah! Why? I like seeing my favorite pairing acting... well, like a real couple. They're gonna get it on; that's what real couples do. Furthermore, Sparky smut is proof that the gods love us and want us to be happy. And how can anyone in their right mind possibly be unhappy with Sparky smut?

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      So I was on deviantArt one day and found a music meme that someone had done to a pairing from Avatar: The Last Airbender. It was funny and looked like fun, so today I finally did one of my own. I chose Sparky of course.

This was totally fun and anyone should do it.

Meme is here: link Full explanations for all the pics are in the author's comment.
      Eeeee! That's so cute! And it looks like a really neat little activity to get the creative juices flowing. That's so funny that "The Rising" from the SGA soundtrack came up, too!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just got home from work.

No new fics.

*fic bunnies are even telling Shipper to get off of GW Forum and get some sleep*

Whoa. Guess I should get!

Night, all!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Just got home from work.

No new fics.

*fic bunnies are even telling Shipper to get off of GW Forum and get some sleep*

Whoa. Guess I should get!

Night, all!!!
          Sleep is good. More time for pleasant Sparky dreams! I think I'll be heading off to bed, myself. Nighty-night, Sparkies!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Ah! I had a feeling you were talking about smut, but I just wanted to be sure.

Do I like reading smut? Heck yeah! Why? I like seeing my favorite pairing acting... well, like a real couple. They're gonna get it on; that's what real couples do. Furthermore, Sparky smut is proof that the gods love us and want us to be happy. And how can anyone in their right mind possibly be unhappy with Sparky smut?

Eeeee! That's so cute! And it looks like a really neat little activity to get the creative juices flowing. That's so funny that "The Rising" from the SGA soundtrack came up, too!
            Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            I can just add, in true spirit of our smutday, I am working on some smut! I hope to have it posted soon.

here's a question we could discuss - do you guys like reading mature stuff? If so, why? And also, if not, what are your reasons?
            I'm on the flip side from SK; while I do like reading mature themed stuff, I'm selective about where it's appropriate. When it's just smut, I don't particularly care for it with John and Elizabeth. Mostly because the show didn't go there, so my mind doesn't really 'go there' with them, either. That's not just limited to SGA; it's pretty much any show where there isn't much sexuality displayed. For instance, I have no problem reading smuttier material with stuff like Supernatural and even LOST, because we saw more skin there.

Frankly, most of what's been popping up in ff recently has been smut or heavy on the smutty scenes within and it's a little frustrating. I really enjoyed the mental aspect of Sparky and those are the fics I like to read. I can only take so many descriptions of their various physical attributes aroused so many times. That's why I'm so looking forward to our S6 right now, because most of it will be done in the build of the show, with PG-13 ratings or so.

As for mature themes that are not necessarily smutty? Bring them on, so long as they have a basis in canon.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Frankly, most of what's been popping up in ff recently has been smut or heavy on the smutty scenes within and it's a little frustrating. I really enjoyed the mental aspect of Sparky and those are the fics I like to read. I can only take so many descriptions of their various physical attributes aroused so many times. That's why I'm so looking forward to our S6 right now, because most of it will be done in the build of the show, with PG-13 ratings or so.
              My top favourite fics are not smut, I enjoy the mental aspect of Sparky the most
              There is an exception however: two of my favourite fics are also smut --> The Silent Truth and One Way Street both by Keladry. Probably I like them both because they aren't smut ONLY

Comment

I'm on the flip side from SK; while I do like reading mature themed stuff, I'm selective about where it's appropriate. When it's just smut, I don't particularly care for it with John and Elizabeth. Mostly because the show didn't go there, so my mind doesn't really 'go there' with them, either. That's not just limited to SGA; it's pretty much any show where there isn't much sexuality displayed. For instance, I have no problem reading smuttier material with stuff like Supernatural and even LOST, because we saw more skin there.

As for mature themes that are not necessarily smutty? Bring them on, so long as they have a basis in canon.
                I can understand that standpoint, because I have similar trouble with "Castle". I just can't read or write smut about him and Beckett - not yet at least. I could write something vague, emotional, angsty, easiest thing to write for them would be banter, but my mind won't go anywhere near explicit for the time being.

Sparky is sort of a phenomenon for me, because they don't have any trouble crossing to the dirty side of my brain. I always try adding emotions there - something that stretches beyond the moment and adds a feeling of them belonging to one another, and with two of them, I have no problem imagining it. Like SK said, I like them behaving like real couples do, and probably resent the way show didn't explore it further.

As for other stuff we could call mature, I enjoy when fic authors give us a glimpse into things more serious than usual sci fi stuff.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Torri is apparently on The Whole Truth on ABC tonight. She plays a judge.

To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

Torri on TV tonight:
                    http://community.livejournal.com/sg1...ns/260219.html
                    sigpic

Comment

Is it me or does torri look pale looking in that photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        Is it me or does torri look pale looking in that photo?
                        I think it's only because of the black judge's robes that she has to wear. It makes her look more pale when we're used to seeing her in red all the time.

Actually got a bit of time on my hands, working on new chapters ... Yes, I know, I keep sayin' that ... I ACTUALLY mean it this time!

Comment

*stares in shock*

Sparkers ... where are you???

Anyhow, bedtime present:

Night!

Comment

She looks old on this pic. I think it's because of her hair and shirt.lol
                            I hope I will have the opportunity to watch it.

Shipperwriter: LOLI love Rodney.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Shipperwriter: LOLI love Rodney.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

And I suppose you're all wondering why I was AWOL yesterday? I was at Disneyland. For my birthday. In the rain. And it was FUN! Because whenever it rains, everyone runs to hide in their hotel rooms and the brave/crazy people like me who come prepared with raincoats and umbrellas and rainboots can walk around dry as a bone and get onto every ride in the park with no wait. Good times! And then I came home, had dinner, then had chocolate cake with port and fell asleep. Yeah, I was tired.

And Torri was on TV last night and I missed it? *whines* Damnit, I missed a birthday present! At least it's up on Hulu so I can go watch it later. Drat!

There's a couple of rather amusing reposted SGA Fandom Secrets; you might find #1, 2, and 8 rather appropriate.

Actually, these days I am rather picky about the smut I read. I prefer there to be a plot behind it, and usually it's a post-S5 where Elizabeth's been rescued (because of course they're getting her back). And I hear you about the overload of bad fic (smut and other) on ffnet; it's why I tend to avoid that place as much as possible.

I'm totally looking forward to rolling out our Season 6; we're gonna get ship the right way (and hey, we can always come up with our own private our-eyes-only director's cuts once we finally do get them together in S7 or whenever... )

I also like not-smutty serious stories. As long as no one dies; I've developed an aversion to death!fic after what TPTW did to Elizabeth. Of course, I never really liked death!fic to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                                X