Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    Just thought of something else. What if Joe Plays an Old Flame (Retired USMC Colonel) of Dr. Hampton's (Torri's Character on NCIS) that is a suspect in a murder of a petty officer or some naval officer?
    I can't quite see JF pulling off Marine ... but if it's a naval officer that got murdered and NCIS still gets called in, who's to say it's not a Retired USAF Colonel that's the suspect??? Cause would "Jordan" go for JF with a buzz cut???

I know I wouldn't.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Torri's always adorkable, no matter what accent her role calls for.

In other news, I actually had a slightly cracktastic idea for an SGA/NCIS crossover that explains why Jordan was nowhere to be found last season. Muahahaha.
    ... And leave us hangin. Thanks, SK!!! You mind AT LEAST SHARING?!?!?!?!

Comment

Mine too. She's just so gosh darn CUTE on that show!
      The straight hair takes a little getting used to though.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh, and there's another tasty tidbit to come out of the Propworx auction: We finally have the info on Sheppard's dog tags!

Lot 434 - Sheppard's Major Dog Tags
        Production Description: Dog tags worn by actor Joe Flanigan as "John Sheppard" during the first season of Stargate Atlantis. The production team at Stargate went to great lengths to make the Air Force elements of both television series extremely accurate, including providing the military personnel with their own dog tags.
        Technical Description: Set of two production-made metal military dog tags with black rubber silencers on two bead chains with clasps, both tags are imprinted with "MAJOR SHEPPARD 163 23 4111 AB POS RC", both tags measure approx. 2in x 1.25in. Chains measure approx. 24in and 4in long.

This should come in handy for ficwriting later.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          I can't quite see JF pulling off Marine ... but if it's a naval officer that got murdered and NCIS still gets called in, who's to say it's not a Retired USAF Colonel that's the suspect??? Cause would "Jordan" go for JF with a buzz cut???

I know I wouldn't.
          Suuuure you wouldn't.

... And leave us hangin. Thanks, SK!!! You mind AT LEAST SHARING?!?!?!?!
          *cackles*

Spoiler:
          Last chance...
          Spoiler:
          Jordan is a psychic projection of Elizabeth's mind while she's in stasis in a secret Replicator lab. Told you it was cracktastic.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          The straight hair takes a little getting used to though.
          I like it. Though I do like it more with the little bit of curl that she had in Atlantis.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
            Go Pens!!!! Think they will ever settle on who will play wing with Sid?

Torri's two episodes on NCIS are some of my favorites.
            Yeah I liked those two episodes, anyway good question about the who would play with Sid the Kid. I recall that Coach Bylsma he likes to rotate the players whose would play the line with Sid the kid to match up against the opponent teams.

Comment

Hey, so I've been making Sparky sigs like crazy! I can't post all them right now cuz it's dark and can't see the keyboard that well, but check out my PhotoBucket account, and if you wanna snurch any, go ahead but gimme credit. Or green. Or chocolate. Or Sheppard with whipped cream--

:-0 -- GUTTER THOUGHTS!!!

Anyhow, here's the link:

John and Elizabeth Sparky on ShipperWriter's PhotoBucket

That's straight to Sparky album but there are also S/J and McKeller ...

G'nite!

Comment

If Joe F did play a military officer again on NCIS what would be his characters name?

Comment

Oh, and there's another tasty tidbit to come out of the Propworx auction: We finally have the info on Sheppard's dog tags!

Production Description: Dog tags worn by actor Joe Flanigan as "John Sheppard" during the first season of Stargate Atlantis. The production team at Stargate went to great lengths to make the Air Force elements of both television series extremely accurate, including providing the military personnel with their own dog tags.
                  Technical Description: Set of two production-made metal military dog tags with black rubber silencers on two bead chains with clasps, both tags are imprinted with "MAJOR SHEPPARD 163 23 4111 AB POS RC", both tags measure approx. 2in x 1.25in. Chains measure approx. 24in and 4in long.

Translation? Does that mean he's AB+ blood type, and he's Roman Catholic? Ooooo, he's Catholic!?

Based on my brilliant Wikipedia entry it appears that's an improper format for Dog tags (his first name should be on there as well as 'AF' for Air Force) but I'll take it!

We can also deduce that he lived in Pennsylvania when his SS information was filed.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

So where are these auctions taking place?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Translation? Does that mean he's AB+ blood type, and he's Roman Catholic? Ooooo, he's Catholic!?
                      Looks like it! I guess this means we can now assume that John probably did go to a private Catholic school with all those strict nuns whacking him across the knuckles with their yardsticks after all.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                      Based on my brilliant Wikipedia entry it appears that's an improper format for Dog tags (his first name should be on there as well as 'AF' for Air Force) but I'll take it!

We can also deduce that he lived in Pennsylvania when his SS information was filed.
                      I've been keeping track of all the dog tags that Propworx has sold, and there have been others that weren't made to the proper format, so this isn't an isolated case. Heck, they've had different numbers on dog tags for the same character!

Pennsylvania, eh? Well, we do know from Outcast that the family had multiple homes... maybe Pennsylvania has the family's primary residence?

Originally posted by Kinky_Carter View Post
                      So where are these auctions taking place?
                      Propworx has been doing weekly auctions on eBay, and this first live auction was held in Seattle, Washington last weekend. The eBay auctions resume in a couple of weeks, and the second of the live auctions is supposed to be held early next year (exact date and location have not been announced).

Comment

Looks like it! I guess this means we can now assume that John probably did go to a private Catholic school with all those strict nuns whacking him across the knuckles with their yardsticks after all.

I've been keeping track of all the dog tags that Propworx has sold, and there have been others that weren't made to the proper format, so this isn't an isolated case. Heck, they've had different numbers on dog tags for the same character!

Pennsylvania, eh? Well, we do know from Outcast that the family had multiple homes... maybe Pennsylvania has the family's primary residence?

Propworx has been doing weekly auctions on eBay, and this first live auction was held in Seattle, Washington last weekend. The eBay auctions resume in a couple of weeks, and the second of the live auctions is supposed to be held early next year (exact date and location have not been announced).
                        Ah, ok, thanks.

Comment

Thanks to those who voted for John Sheppard on LJ, he won!!!
                          http://community.livejournal.com/sga_squee/16236.html
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry, was gone running errands and at work all day but am now safely home in the Sparky thread!

EDIT: emergency came up, I'll be back to comment later.

EDIT NO. 2: Ok. Back.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            If Joe F did play a military officer again on NCIS what would be his characters name?
                            Hotty McHot -- I mean, umm, ooh, haven't given that much thought. *thunks*

So would a picture of him wearing the tags. SHIRTLESS. Would be a great fic motivator, that's all I'm sayin ...

Suuuure you wouldn't.

*cackles*

Spoiler:
                            Last chance...
                            Spoiler:
                            Jordan is a psychic projection of Elizabeth's mind while she's in stasis in a secret Replicator lab. Told you it was cracktastic.

I like it. Though I do like it more with the little bit of curl that she had in Atlantis.
                            Nice ... I like that!!! And JF would fit in just nice ... I'm sure it can happen ...

Oh, poor John! Those poor nuns hittin on him?! But then again, I feel sorry for the nuns. Seeing that everyday and not being able to do anything about it -- oh, hello, GUTTER!!!

That's right, I forget that John was like the Prodigal Son to the rich family. Too bad one of the houses wasn't close to Georgetown U. or wherever Elizabeth grew up. Did they ever address that during the show? Where she grew up, I mean? I can't remember ...

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            YAY!!!
                            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 01 October 2010, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                              Excellent!

Sorry, was gone running errands and at work all day but am now safely home in the Sparky thread!

EDIT: emergency came up, I'll be back to comment later.

EDIT NO. 2: Ok. Back.
                              Hooray! Welcome back! *huggles*

Hotty McHot -- I mean, umm, ooh, haven't given that much thought. *thunks*
                              *snickers*

So would a picture of him wearing the tags. SHIRTLESS. Would be a great fic motivator, that's all I'm sayin ...
                              What, like this one?

Spoiler:

RAWR!

Nice ... I like that!!! And JF would fit in just nice ... I'm sure it can happen ...
                              Of course he would... he'd be playing John.

Oh, poor John! Those poor nuns hittin on him?! But then again, I feel sorry for the nuns. Seeing that everyday and not being able to do anything about it -- oh, hello, GUTTER!!!
                              *snorts*

That's right, I forget that John was like the Prodigal Son to the rich family. Too bad one of the houses wasn't close to Georgetown U. or wherever Elizabeth grew up. Did they ever address that during the show? Where she grew up, I mean? I can't remember ...
                              Nope, they never said where she grew up. We've talked about it a few times, though. Someone (VampyreWraith, I think?) suggested that she could be from New England, which I like.

Comment

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
                                Yeah I liked those two episodes, anyway good question about the who would play with Sid the Kid. I recall that Coach Bylsma he likes to rotate the players whose would play the line with Sid the kid to match up against the opponent teams.
                                True but I bet Sid would love to have two guys he can develop good chemisty with.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X