No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and welcome phenxF16!! Glad I'm not the only newbie poster! Watch out; this is completely and totally addicting!

As for those fuffy, wittle bunnies, you should totally give them the freedom to write us all some new fic! They tend to run around my brain as well, but unfortunately the written word is not my forte by any stretch of the imagination!

Anyway, welcome to the insanity!

Just thought I would edit my post and add a thank to you all for the lovely welcome!
    Last edited by LoveToSeeYouSmile; 05 February 2005, 05:33 PM. Reason: Ooops

Comment

Welcome to you too, LoveToSeeYouSmile! Us newbies have to stick together!

I don't know about the bunnies, I'm very critical of my own writing. If I edit my stories as much as I'd like you everyone will be able to read them sometime in 2008.

Comment

Somehow I managed to be a shipper before I even watched an episode of Atlantis. I was convinced (or willingly brainwashed) by this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by phenxF16
          I've been inspired by LoveToSeeYouSmile to also delurk, and I have also read the entire thread. You all sound like a great bunch of people and I'm quite happy to join in with the Shweir!

I've technically been a shipper since 38 Minutes, but I thought I was just seeing things until I discovered this thread. And I'm happy to see that I'm not crazy, or at least I have some company in the asylum.

By the way keep up the fic it's great. Although the lurker in me is still beating away my own plot bunnies with sticks.
          WELCOME!!!

Glad you think we're all insane...

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
            Somehow I managed to be a shipper before I even watched an episode of Atlantis. I was convinced (or willingly brainwashed) by this thread.
            Hehe that's so cool....

Comment

Hmmm... brainwashing and mints happen to be a common thing on this thread.

Maybe I should run while I still have a chance at getting away.

Comment

Wow...I didn't realize we had to power to do that...now that we know...I guess it's time to take over the world!!! mwhahaha...
                ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                  Wow...I didn't realize we had to power to do that...now that we know...I guess it's time to take over the world!!! mwhahaha...
                  okay... now you people are really starting to scare me.

*looks around nervously*

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                    Well with Sheppard and Weir as your mascots, I don't see any major obstacles. Barring them Sheppard/Teyla and Weir/McKay shippers. There's a battle.

Comment

Very happy GW is up again and how I missed this thread(fav bookmark!) . Shweir highly addictive and by the looks of it Swheir will have tons of new shippers from all over now that SGA is extending its global run.

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                      - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Well with Sheppard and Weir as your mascots, I don't see any major obstacles. Barring them Sheppard/Teyla and Weir/McKay shippers. There's a battle.
                        No, no, I don't think there should be any shipper battles... we should all play nice

Personally, the idea of Sheppad/Teyla makes me want to vomit and Weir/McKay just sends me to sleep...zzzzzzzzzz... however, I'm all for people playing with whoever they want...

Besides, if battles start, PTB might not have any ship at all, and that would be sooooo bad....

Besides, I'm more worried about Daniel...

Comment

Sheppard and Teyla seems to Trekkish, the alien woman and the Captain (or in this case the Major). And I simply don't see Weir and McKay, he's just too self-centred, but they have a nice friendship going.

I'm so totally biased though.

Comment

Don't thrash me (or feed me mints, for that matter), I actually enjoy McKay/Weir on a (strictly) non-romantic level. You know, he's not allowed to have intuition and such things. She is the one who does question his ego and succeeds - tough cookie.

Shep/Teyla is just...

Back on topic, taking over the world. Hey, Pinky & Brain did that every other night, why shouldn't we?
                            Life is short. Eat dessert first.

Comment

Yeah, but didn't Pinky and the Brain fail every other night, as well? If we take over the world we must succeed...or die trying!

Okay...maybe a little over the top.

Comment

Originally posted by animoid
                                Don't thrash me (or feed me mints, for that matter), I actually enjoy McKay/Weir on a (strictly) non-romantic level. You know, he's not allowed to have intuition and such things. She is the one who does question his ego and succeeds - tough cookie.

Shep/Teyla is just...

Back on topic, taking over the world. Hey, Pinky & Brain did that every other night, why shouldn't we?
                                I get what you mean. When it comes to McKay/Weir they always seem to me like siblings with that sort of sparking off each other in that comfortable non romantic way. The way Weir says "Rodney" always suggests to me the older sister trying to keep her younger brother in check. Its fun to watch.

Shep / Teyla .......nope nothing there for me except respect, trust and friendship but romance - no spark at all.

Shep and Weir ? Well to be honest I didn't see it to start although I thought the opposites character traits / background angle was interesting. What I've actually found quite refreshing is how they've started to have this intense connection without the writers / TPTB hashing up and force feeding a romantic arc at us. I'd really like to see them continue in that manner at least for now and then move on gradually to the next level!

Comment

Working...
                                X