Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    *waves to all those who are going to bed* Sweet Sparky dreams.

We have to come up with something fun for tomorrow. And it's time to get back to our SS6 discussion very soon also.
    Shouldn't be that hard to come up with something for tomorrow... After all, Tuesday is Smut Day, and we must keep up appearances, right?

And yes, we need to get back on track with Season 6 discussion.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ddc View Post
      To me she sounded like an American who's lived in England for a while and picked up a slight accent. All the actors I recognized sounded pretty much how they sound in other productions, which, other than Wingfield, is basically North American.
      I've watched the movie twice now (I'm insane, I know!!) and I just keep laughing at ALL the bad accents in the movie, cause it's not only Torri.
      This movie should get the oscar for best worst accent movie EVER!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      But yeah, like SR said, it's been quiet around here. I guess everyone's into the World Cup. I'm not, so I'm using the downtime to get some non-fandom stuff done.
      Yay!! I'm not the only one who isn't into the World Cup

I agree with you guys... we should come up with something to do and get some life back into this thread

Sig by me

Comment

I think I won't be here very often this month because I talked about something that you don't like and I will be with my friends very often for the same reason.lol

Is there a way to watch the movie of Torri? In Syfy?

See you soon.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          I've watched the movie twice now (I'm insane, I know!!) and I just keep laughing at ALL the bad accents in the movie, cause it's not only Torri.

I agree with you guys... we should come up with something to do and get some life back into this thread
          I agree on the accents. There was a soldier, a general I think, with an American flag patch but I couldn't figure out even what branch of the service he was supposed to be in and I would swear he was faking the accent. Laughable. Torri's accent wasn't all that bad to me. And her character was a bit subdued. I was expecting more spark. But maybe I missed something when I was napping. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          I think I won't be here very often this month because I talked about something that you don't like and I will be with my friends very often for the same reason.lol

See you soon.
          What did you talk about that we don't like? Did I miss something?

I don't know where you can watch the movie. Check YouTube or Hulu.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Check your PMs

I agree on the accents. There was a soldier, a general I think, with an American flag patch but I couldn't figure out even what branch of the service he was supposed to be in and I would swear he was faking the accent. Laughable. Torri's accent wasn't all that bad to me. And her character was a bit subdued. I was expecting more spark. But maybe I missed something when I was napping. *shrugs*
            The accent of the military guy was absolutely horrible... not the mention the accent of the girl in front of the computer *headdesk*
            Compared to them, Torri's accent was spot on
            The funny thing about Torri's accent was that she seemed to forget about it at times Also she never pronounced Stonehenge the same It was just funny

Sig by me

Comment

Check your PMs

The accent of the military guy was absolutely horrible... not the mention the accent of the girl in front of the computer *headdesk*
              The funny thing about Torri's accent was that she seemed to forget about it at times Also she never pronounced Stonehenge the same It was just funny
              I noticed her saying Stone-HENGE most of the time. Over here we say STONE-henge. LOL
              sigpic

Comment

I noticed her saying Stone-HENGE most of the time. Over here we say STONE-henge. LOL
                Lol, true
                I was just thinking... maybe they should rename the movie to "Accent Apocalypse"

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

We'll all vote for it! *cracks up*

*clings*

I'll have to post some smut fic recs later...

Slept through it, eh? LOL!

*snorts* We'll have to come up with a drinking game for it... take a sip every time Kaycee slips out of her "English" accent.

I guess that was the big thing she used to try to distinguish Kaycee's accent from her normal one.

Lol, true
                  I was just thinking... maybe they should rename the movie to "Accent Apocalypse"
                  LOL!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello y'all. I am "new" here.. *waves* -Sparky owns my soul, just saying! *squeeeeeee* Anyway, just finished another poster, here it is. Hope you like

Comment

I promised smutty fic recs, and here they are!

From our very own Anuna:
                      Interruptus (tag to Intruder; gotta love closets!) and Sleeping Offworld (Elizabeth needs John's help to fall asleep. John helps.).

And from our very own Southern Red:
                      Broken Arrow (lumberjack!John. Need I say more? ) and The Fine Art of Jumper Repair (hot day + Elizabeth = getting no work done).

Happy smuttastic Sparky reading!

Comment

Originally posted by torrealis View Post
                        Hello y'all. I am "new" here.. *waves* -Sparky owns my soul, just saying! *squeeeeeee* Anyway, just finished another poster, here it is. Hope you like

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/6...ersparkyvs.png
                        Oh wow! That is beautiful Thanks. I added it to our collection.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        I promised smutty fic recs, and here they are!

From our very own Anuna:
                        Interruptus (tag to Intruder; gotta love closets!) and Sleeping Offworld (Elizabeth needs John's help to fall asleep. John helps.).

And from our very own Southern Red:
                        Broken Arrow (lumberjack!John. Need I say more? ) and The Fine Art of Jumper Repair (hot day + Elizabeth = getting no work done).

Happy smuttastic Sparky reading!
                        *blushes* I forgot just how smutty I can be.
                        sigpic

Comment

What did you talk about that we don't like? Did I miss something?
                          I'm a bad sparky shipper. I talk too much about the Word Football Cup. I watched the comment about Portugal/Cote d'Ivoire and I was yelling at my work.lol By the way, thank you Fionnait for your text messages. I hope you was not bored when you watched it but I love what you did for me.

Check your PMs

Did I already say to you that I love you very very veyr much? If not. I LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH! lol
                          I'm sure I won't notice the accent.
                          Originally posted by torrealis View Post
                          Welcome! I hope you will stay here!
                          Amazing poster. Love it.
                          I love everybody today.lol

Now I will eat something because I'm angry.lol
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm a bad sparky shipper. I talk too much about the Word Football Cup. I watched the comment about Portugal/Cote d'Ivoire and I was yelling at my work.lol By the way, thank you Fionnait for your text messages. I hope you was not bored when you watched it but I love what you did for me.

Did I already say to you that I love you very very veyr much? If not. I LOVE YOU VERY VERY MUCH! lol
                            I'm sure I won't notice the accent.

Welcome! I hope you will stay here!
                            Amazing poster. Love it.
                            I love everybody today.lol

Now I will eat something because I'm angry.lol
                            Love you too little French daughter. You're a great Sparky shipper. We all get off topic at times.
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL
                              Ok I just saw an extract of th movie and LOL.
                              I won't say nothing about the story because...well.....it's not important.lol
                              But my first reaction "Oh my....why she's talking like this?".lol The english accent is easy to recognize but here.... Poor Torri. She has a strange accent. A mix between american accent, british accent, alien accent and me trying to talk with an american accent.lol
                              But can I say she looks good. More than good. And I'm happy to see not in red.
                              sigpic

Comment

It was a boring game, alright. But more interesting than my presentation *g* And I bet on 3:1 for Portugal, so I don't even get 1 point for a correct tendency. *grrrrrr*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Working...
                                X