Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Yes it is really quiet today... So I bring you a new fic I'm working on. Not sure if I'm gonna keep at at this, or if I'm going to elaborate on it. It's sorta a missing scene from Misbegotten.
    Have fun and let me know your thoughts.
    Thx!!

Spoiler:
    "It's not like anyone here really knows me." She pointed out. "So it's not a big deal."
    He gave her an intense look. "You're cheerful in the morning, which bugs the hell out of the morning shift. But they wouldn't have it any other way, because when you enter the control room, you elevate their mood. Chuck knows you prefer two sugars in your coffee. He also knows you start your day with two cups of coffee and then switch to tea. Your tea is a special blend that Teyla gets prepared for you on the mainland. A recipe she knows you prefer. Every department head knows you like to receive weekly reports that are ordered on date. McKay knows you don't like to receive more than ten emails a day from him. Ronon knows that when you're offworld you like it that he walks behind you, because otherwise he'll block a part of your view. Chef knows you don't like mint and that's one of the reasons he barely ever uses it. I know your favorite color is blue, even though a lot of people think it's red. I know you prefer snow over rain. I know your knee got busted when you were 21 because your car got hit by someone who ignored a red light. I know you prefer pasta over rice. I know your hesitation towards guns comes from the fact that your father got shot before your eyes. I know you went to dinner at your moms place every other Sunday and that you miss her and Sedge a lot. I know you can't keep plants alive, not even a cactus. I know you don't really like to get flowers. I know you prefer your food not too salty, but you love it when it's spicy. I know you have a scar on your shoulder that's a leftover from falling out of a tree when you were eight. I know you have a tattoo somewhere and I'm guessing it's on your hip. I know you're a Yankees fan even though you claim not to be interested in sports. Everyone here knows that if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't even be here in the first place. Everyone here knows you would fight for them and everyone here wants to fight for you. So tell me again why you're so indifferent about the fact that Woolsey is here to search for reasons to get you fired, because I know for a fact that no one here wants to see you go."
    Elizabeth stared at him. He had barged into her quarters, screaming bloody murder about the fact that Woolsey was in the city and was out to get her. She had acted indifferently towards that fact, especially because of the way the IOA and the SGC had been treating her lately. But she hadn't expected a speech from him. A speech that, by the way, had rendered her completely speechless.
    John was surprised by his own outburst. It was probably the most he had ever said in one go, but when she had said no one here really knew her, he had to correct her. He hadn't been able to stop himself.
    He stared at her now and his eyes fell on her mouth that was slightly open because she was gaping at him in utter surprise and part shock. Licking his lips, he tried to form a coherent sentence in his head to explain to her that he wanted her to stay. Not just because she had become the best friend anyone could ever wish for. Not just because she was the best boss he could ever pray for. Not just because they could spent hours talking about nothing. But because she had become the most important thing in the universe to him. And most of all because he was more than a little head over heels in love with her.
    So he gazed into her eyes, trying to convey the feelings his mouth was unable to say.
    "John..." She whispered after a couple of moments, completely taken aback by the clear emotions his eyes were radiating and all he could think was 'screw decorum' and closed the distance between them.
    I'm with everyone else, more please and thank you.
    Thanks to Spacemonkey Jackson for the signature!

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
      GUH - um, finish this NOW, ok? LOL, love it! Thanks for sharing!
      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I'm with SMB_BOOKS! When do we get to see the rest?
      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Guh. Just guh. Misbegotten was wonderful with the upset!John and the defending my honor but it didn't go quite far enough. You have found the missing part. More please.
      Originally posted by Short Angel View Post
      I'm with everyone else, more please and thank you.
      Thanks everyone
      I'll see what else I can write... No promises though
      But the many requests for more have awakened my muse

Sig by me

Comment

Yes it is really quiet today... So I bring you a new fic I'm working on. Not sure if I'm gonna keep at at this, or if I'm going to elaborate on it. It's sorta a missing scene from Misbegotten.
        Have fun and let me know your thoughts.
        Thx!!

Spoiler:
        "It's not like anyone here really knows me." She pointed out. "So it's not a big deal."
        He gave her an intense look. "You're cheerful in the morning, which bugs the hell out of the morning shift. But they wouldn't have it any other way, because when you enter the control room, you elevate their mood. Chuck knows you prefer two sugars in your coffee. He also knows you start your day with two cups of coffee and then switch to tea. Your tea is a special blend that Teyla gets prepared for you on the mainland. A recipe she knows you prefer. Every department head knows you like to receive weekly reports that are ordered on date. McKay knows you don't like to receive more than ten emails a day from him. Ronon knows that when you're offworld you like it that he walks behind you, because otherwise he'll block a part of your view. Chef knows you don't like mint and that's one of the reasons he barely ever uses it. I know your favorite color is blue, even though a lot of people think it's red. I know you prefer snow over rain. I know your knee got busted when you were 21 because your car got hit by someone who ignored a red light. I know you prefer pasta over rice. I know your hesitation towards guns comes from the fact that your father got shot before your eyes. I know you went to dinner at your moms place every other Sunday and that you miss her and Sedge a lot. I know you can't keep plants alive, not even a cactus. I know you don't really like to get flowers. I know you prefer your food not too salty, but you love it when it's spicy. I know you have a scar on your shoulder that's a leftover from falling out of a tree when you were eight. I know you have a tattoo somewhere and I'm guessing it's on your hip. I know you're a Yankees fan even though you claim not to be interested in sports. Everyone here knows that if it wasn't for you, we wouldn't even be here in the first place. Everyone here knows you would fight for them and everyone here wants to fight for you. So tell me again why you're so indifferent about the fact that Woolsey is here to search for reasons to get you fired, because I know for a fact that no one here wants to see you go."
        Elizabeth stared at him. He had barged into her quarters, screaming bloody murder about the fact that Woolsey was in the city and was out to get her. She had acted indifferently towards that fact, especially because of the way the IOA and the SGC had been treating her lately. But she hadn't expected a speech from him. A speech that, by the way, had rendered her completely speechless.
        John was surprised by his own outburst. It was probably the most he had ever said in one go, but when she had said no one here really knew her, he had to correct her. He hadn't been able to stop himself.
        He stared at her now and his eyes fell on her mouth that was slightly open because she was gaping at him in utter surprise and part shock. Licking his lips, he tried to form a coherent sentence in his head to explain to her that he wanted her to stay. Not just because she had become the best friend anyone could ever wish for. Not just because she was the best boss he could ever pray for. Not just because they could spent hours talking about nothing. But because she had become the most important thing in the universe to him. And most of all because he was more than a little head over heels in love with her.
        So he gazed into her eyes, trying to convey the feelings his mouth was unable to say.
        "John..." She whispered after a couple of moments, completely taken aback by the clear emotions his eyes were radiating and all he could think was 'screw decorum' and closed the distance between them.
        Wow!!! We definitely need the rest of the fic!

Comment

Good morning everyone. Happy Sparky Tuesday!

What's on the agenda for today?
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Good morning everyone. Happy Sparky Tuesday!

What's on the agenda for today?
            Good afternoon

On the agenda... Euhm... Sparky-related I'm gonna try and finish that fic
            Mind the try though... no promises yet...
            I have to hand in my Photoshop assignments for school tonight... that's sorta sparky-related as that s6 poster is one of them
            But right now I'm at work

What are your plans??

Sig by me

Comment

Kris, more please !(that felt a little like Oliver Twist...)

On my agenda--I haven't heard much from our SS6 writers lately. Here is our writer list:

Episode 1: The Return to Pegasus, Part I (Writers: EM & SK)
              Episode 2: The Return to Pegasus, Part II (Writers: EM & SK)
              Episode 3: The Resolution of Todd (Writer: Erika)
              Episode 4: First Year (Writer: Erin)
              Episode 5: To Build A Fire (Writer: SouthernRed)
              Episode 6: Evolution
              Episode 7: Box of Dreams (Writer: Anuna)
              Episode 8: Adoremus (Writer: Erin )
              Episode 9: The Pegasus Coalition
              Episode 10: Primum Movens, Part I (Writer: Erika)
              Episode 11: Primum Movens, Part II (Writer: Erika)
              Episode 12: Quietus: (Writer: Drewandian)
              Episode 13: Found in Translation (Writer: Erika)
              Episode 14: A Day in the Life of Rodney McKay (Writer: Erin87)
              Episode 15: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
              Episode 16: Blitzkrieg
              Episode 17: Gravity: (Writer: Anuna)
              Episode 18: Feelings (Writer: Southern Red)
              Episode 19: What Dreams May Come (Writer: Scary Kitty)
              Episode 20: Extinction
              Episode 21: The Lost City, Part I (Writers: EM & SK)
              Episode 22: The Lost City, Part II (Writers: EM & SK)

FIRST: I NEED INITIALS OR PSEUDONYMS ('REAL LIFE' PSEUDONYMS) from you. End of story. If I don't get them, I take your name down. You have a week. GO!

SECOND--Since many of the remaining stories have already been touched on, I'm going to open discussion on Episodes 15-19, with the exception of Episode 16, Blitzkrieg. Throw out your thoughts or suggestions for any of these character centric stories.

Eppies 16 & 20 we'll discuss together (hopefully I'll be able to finish up Atlantis within a week, so I can have a better grasp of where the Wraith are following EATG). Then we'll discuss TLC 1&2, and that will wrap up our pre SS6 discussion and we can get to writing.

THIRD: ALL WRITERS--please do this assignment as prep. I'm giving you 3 weeks, so it's due by June 11th.

Write the first scenes to break of "Echoes". You can find the transcript of it here:

http://twiztv.com/scripts/atlantis/s...lantis-312.htm

This is up to the scene where Kate and Elizabeth are talking about Teyla, and when Kate leaves her, Elizabeth heads to the transporter, opens it, and the burned man appears in front of her:

WEIR: Let's hope so. Thank you.

(Kate smiles and walks away. Sighing, Elizabeth turns to a transporter door and passes her hand over the wall panel. The door opens. Inside is the hideously burned man, staring and gasping in agony. Elizabeth steps back, appalled, as the man keels forward...and disappears.)
              Include the 'Previously Ons' and note where the credits roll in. If you've got slightly different versions of Atlantis per DVD region, that's fine.

What we're looking for is whether all our writers can achieve around the same length/page count/word count for the same scenes, and to get the feel of what 1 of the 5/6 chapters of an episode will feel like. Be aware of how a scene cuts off or transitions into another one and write accordingly.

Have fun!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good afternoon

On the agenda... Euhm... Sparky-related I'm gonna try and finish that fic
                Mind the try though... no promises yet...
                I have to hand in my Photoshop assignments for school tonight... that's sorta sparky-related as that s6 poster is one of them
                But right now I'm at work

What are your plans??
                I have to go to the hairdresser this morning. Which I hate because all they talk about is American Idol. Which I hate. Oh, and sometimes they branch out to include Dancing With the Stars. Which I used to sort of like but now I hate. Sigh.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                Kris, more please !(that felt a little like Oliver Twist...)

On my agenda--I haven't heard much from our SS6 writers lately. Here is our writer list:

Episode 1: The Return to Pegasus, Part I (Writers: EM & SK)
                Episode 2: The Return to Pegasus, Part II (Writers: EM & SK)
                Episode 3: The Resolution of Todd (Writer: Erika)
                Episode 4: First Year (Writer: Erin)
                Episode 5: To Build A Fire (Writer: SouthernRed)
                Episode 6: Evolution
                Episode 7: Box of Dreams (Writer: Anuna)
                Episode 8: Adoremus (Writer: Erin )
                Episode 9: The Pegasus Coalition
                Episode 10: Primum Movens, Part I (Writer: Erika)
                Episode 11: Primum Movens, Part II (Writer: Erika)
                Episode 12: Quietus: (Writer: Drewandian)
                Episode 13: Found in Translation (Writer: Erika)
                Episode 14: A Day in the Life of Rodney McKay (Writer: Erin87)
                Episode 15: Run Through the Jungle (Writer: pkprd869)
                Episode 16: Blitzkrieg
                Episode 17: Gravity: (Writer: Anuna)
                Episode 18: Feelings (Writer: Southern Red)
                Episode 19: What Dreams May Come (Writer: Scary Kitty)
                Episode 20: Extinction
                Episode 21: The Lost City, Part I (Writers: EM & SK)
                Episode 22: The Lost City, Part II (Writers: EM & SK)

FIRST: I NEED INITIALS OR PSEUDONYMS ('REAL LIFE' PSEUDONYMS) from you. End of story. If I don't get them, I take your name down. You have a week. GO!

SECOND--Since many of the remaining stories have already been touched on, I'm going to open discussion on Episodes 15-19, with the exception of Episode 16, Blitzkrieg. Throw out your thoughts or suggestions for any of these character centric stories.

Eppies 16 & 20 we'll discuss together (hopefully I'll be able to finish up Atlantis within a week, so I can have a better grasp of where the Wraith are following EATG). Then we'll discuss TLC 1&2, and that will wrap up our pre SS6 discussion and we can get to writing.

THIRD: ALL WRITERS--please do this assignment as prep. I'm giving you 3 weeks, so it's due by June 11th.

Write the first scenes to break of "Echoes". You can find the transcript of it here:

This is up to the scene where Kate and Elizabeth are talking about Teyla, and when Kate leaves her, Elizabeth heads to the transporter, opens it, and the burned man appears in front of her:

Include the 'Previously Ons' and note where the credits roll in. If you've got slightly different versions of Atlantis per DVD region, that's fine.

What we're looking for is whether all our writers can achieve around the same length/page count/word count for the same scenes, and to get the feel of what 1 of the 5/6 chapters of an episode will feel like. Be aware of how a scene cuts off or transitions into another one and write accordingly.

Have fun!
                I'll be SR. And homework. *yays*
                sigpic

Comment

Nice fic, kris.

On my agenda: sleep and take many drugs.lol I have a stupid cold
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Is there anywhere where one can read what the episodes that don't have writers yet are about? Without having to wade through the entire Sparky-Thread, I mean.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    On my agenda: sleep and take many drugs.lol I have a stupid cold
                    You poor thing! Get well!

@Kris: I agree, great fic. More please!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                      Is there anywhere where one can read what the episodes that don't have writers yet are about? Without having to wade through the entire Sparky-Thread, I mean.

You poor thing! Get well!

@Kris: I agree, great fic. More please!
                      It's my week. Arm, leg and now cold. Love my life.lol
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

good evening, thought you might like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwKvMfP7e8M
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, if you click the link below either my, SR's, or Scary Kitty's sigs, it'll link you to the LJ, where we have all show episode details.
                          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Today's agenda includes some paper sorting and some office reorganization. Boring, huh?

Sounds good to me. I've already gone over my plans for Ep. 19 in some detail, but if anyone wants further clarification on any points or has any suggestions, please speak up!

Have fun!
                            Yay, homework! I'll have to watch Echoes sometime this weekend.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by lanaganp View Post

Thanks. That was fabulous.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                It's my week. Arm, leg and now cold. Love my life.lol
                                *hugs* hope you feel better soon!

Originally posted by lanaganp View Post

I'm gonna have to watch that when I get home from school.
                                It looks good though... just wish I had sound here

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X