Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I think sending her back to Earth is to reunite her with her family and friends. To let her see her Mom again and stuff. As a visit.

But if we're going to question why send her back, we have to ask the bigger question of 'why keep her?' If she's considered a threat at all, just because she's on Atlantis and hasn't walked through the gate really doesn't mean anything. If the SGC/IOA regard her as a danger, she'll be forced to return to Earth whether she or anybody else likes it or not. I think it's more an issue of whether the IOA considers her dangerous at all or not.

We're, of course, asserting she is no longer a threat, which means the IOA really has no call to keep her on Earth any more than they have to force her to leave Atlantis. And based on Elizabeth's experience, knowledge of Pegasus/Ancient, and her ties to the SGA Expedition, she is a much more valuable asset to the Atlantis expedition than anywhere else.

I'm breaking my work rule *runs out of forum*
    Exactly. She's just too valuable of an asset for the IOA to try to lock her up in Area 51, and I think Stargate Command/Homeworld Security would just roll their eyes and blow off the IOA. (We are talking about Landry and O'Neill, after all. )

Oooh, and naughty, naughty!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Just for info and SS6 planning for those who are writing Teyla oriented stories, it looks like from this con report that Rachel was very pleased with Teyla's story. Like us, she wanted more about her people. Sounds like we're on the same page with her at least. And she also wasn't happy to lose Carson and Elizabeth.
      You mean "wasn't", right? Otherwise the underlined part makes no sense.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Exactly. She's just too valuable of an asset for the IOA to try to lock her up in Area 51, and I think Stargate Command/Homeworld Security would just roll their eyes and blow off the IOA. (We are talking about Landry and O'Neill, after all. )

Oooh, and naughty, naughty!
        Look at all Carter went through and she's still around. Elizabeth should not be treated any different.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        You mean "wasn't", right? Otherwise the underlined part makes no sense.
        Huh? No, she liked the fact that the baby daddy was an Athosian. Making him an earth guy would have given us even less of her people. Or at least that's how I interpret her statement. I'm sure she wished for more about the Athosians also.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Look at all Carter went through and she's still around. Elizabeth should not be treated any different.

Huh? No, she liked the fact that the baby daddy was an Athosian. Making him an earth guy would have given us even less of her people. Or at least that's how I interpret her statement. I'm sure she wished for more about the Athosians also.
          I'm maybe too tired but I don't see it in the report.
          And yes for more Athosians and more Teyla.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I'm maybe too tired but I don't see it in the report.
            And yes for more Athosians and more Teyla.
            She loved seeing Teyla as a mom on the show. She said that it added more depth to the character and gave Teyla even more to fight for. Rachel said she would've loved to explore that more, as well as exploring Teyla's and Ronon's cultures.

She wanted to see more about her baby and being a mom. Is it too much of a stretch to say that means the baby's daddy would have been a part of it since he is a part of her culture? I choose not to believe that she regrets the choice of an Athosian for the father. But that may just be my Sparky prejudice.
            sigpic

Comment

She loved seeing Teyla as a mom on the show. She said that it added more depth to the character and gave Teyla even more to fight for. Rachel said she would've loved to explore that more, as well as exploring Teyla's and Ronon's cultures.

She wanted to see more about her baby and being a mom. Is it too much of a stretch to say that means the baby's daddy would have been a part of it since he is a part of her culture? I choose not to believe that she regrets the choice of an Athosian for the father. But that may just be my Sparky prejudice.
              Nah, I don't think that's too much of a stretch, either. She wanted to see more of Teyla's family life, and that, by definition, would have to include Kanaan and raising their child as an Athosian on Atlantis. And we, at least, will be addressing that instead of sweeping it under the rug. *gives the stink-eye to TPTW*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My fault, sorry. I didn't read this part but I'm not in the mood.
                So yes now I can understand why you said this and I agree.
                Time to sleep. Bye
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  My fault, sorry. I didn't read this part but I'm not in the mood.
                  So yes now I can understand why you said this and I agree.
                  Time to sleep. Bye
                  *huggles* Nighty-night, Probie, and pleasant Sparky dreams!

Comment

Ah right, never mind... Yes, of course. I get it.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just because I can, I've got some cracktastic Screw The Angst fic recs that'll leave you laughing your asses off!

ZOMG, by lanna_kitty. Zombies invade Atlantis, and it's all Lucius Lavin's fault.

All Hallow's Eve, by Reyclou. It's Halloween in Atlantis, and Elizabeth's gone trick or treating. What will she find when she comes to John Sheppard's door?

5 Embarrassing Things That Happen While They Have Sex, by Miera. Exactly what the title sounds like.

Happy (and cracky!) Sparky reading!

Comment

More fic news: Part 2 of the latest Stargate!Ren fic is up!

Spoiler:
                        Lord John has just formally asked permission to court Queen Elizabeth. It's about damn time! LOL!

Happy Sparky reading! (again!)

Comment

Joe will be at FedCon (in Bonn) which is held April 30 - May 2nd.
                          http://www.fedcon.de/pages_en/fed19/guests.php
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                            Joe will be at FedCon (in Bonn) which is held April 30 - May 2nd.
                            http://www.fedcon.de/pages_en/fed19/guests.php
                            Won't that be fun. It looks like the boys are taking their show on the road. LOL
                            sigpic

Comment

Where is everybody? I have news. I'm going to

Spoiler:
                              meet Joe!

Spoiler:
                              I'm going to the Chicago con. I think I need to sit down now and try to breathe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Great news SR. When is this convention?

Need something to cheer me up, guys
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X