Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Now I want to know what the Sheppard maneuver is.
    Me too, me too!!!

*dirty thoughts going through my mind*

P.S. - Rant Mode On: Just watched 11th episode of SGU. How could they deprive us of SGA for this?
    For a series where they don't trust each other, always ready with a knife behind each other's back to take power?
    There's not one single character that I can warm up to or find interesting. They're all so dark and evil, or just stupid.
    Gosh, how I miss Sheppard and the others
    Rant Mode Off
    Last edited by nephtys59; 03 April 2010, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Not a surprise. I also want to know what the Sheppard maneuver is.

Nephty: I'm not sad for the end of sga. I more sad for the end of BSG but it's another thing.lol
      I saw all the episode of SGU (don't ask me why) and I'm not a fan of this. I only like one episode. It was a surprise for me.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Wonderful. Now I want to know what the Sheppard maneuver is. (American spelling, heh)

I usually keep a dictionary near the computer, with all my moving furniture around due to repainting, I seem to have misplaced it In any case, I spelt it incorrectly

Why is David the only one with a place marker?
        Not sure, especially considering Joe is standing slightly in front of him anyway

OT

Spoiler:
        So Mr. SR and I had a strategy discussion and I explained how I'm going to get all the food for tomorrow into the refrigerator. Then he spoiled it by asking "Doesn't the carrot cake have to be refrigerated?" Doh! Back to the drawing board.
        Spoiler:
        Not for one day, I wouldn't have thought? Perhaps you could put it in, then take it out again in the morning to make space for something else. My solution would be to just eat it

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
        Me too, me too!!!

*dirty thoughts going through my mind*

P.S. - Rant Mode On: Just watched 11th episode of SGU. How could they deprive us of SGA for this?
        For a series where they don't trust each other, always ready with a knife behind each other's back to take power?
        There's not one single character that I can warm up to or find interesting. They're all so dark and evil, or just stupid.
        Gosh, how I miss Sheppard and the others
        Rant Mode Off
        Never watched it, so I can't really comment. I don't think we, the regular fans, are the target audience though. I believe they assume we are going to watch it regardless of whether we like it (they're probably right - even though I strongly disliked parts of SG1 over the 10yrs, I've seen every ep), and given that there really is no accurate measure of 'liking' SGU rather than watching or buying the merchandise, I assume they are trying to cater for new fans.

Sci fi has changed a lot over the years. Take Star Trek. I liked the latest movie, but thought it was pretty much a slap in the face to what came before it (the inference being, at least to me, that the writers/producers/etc thought that everything preceding it [TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY] was crap and needed to be swept under the carpet), but from what I understand it has been a commercial success & attracted probably the same new fans that SGU is trying to. That may be a leap on my part though, given that I've never seen SGU
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          Hola mi amigos y amigas! The real world has been kickin the crap out of me. Buying stuff for my new house (or next week it will be), working more to keep money in my account, etc. On the bright side I can almost play "Peggy Sue" on my guitar, but still got alot of work on the solo. (It's bad when I have to count out loud.) But I've missed y'all and sparky so much. So here's a little sparky treat, with a soundtrack.

Spoiler:

<space>

For the fans of the old school crooners: Frankie Laine

Or if you're a doo-woper: The Channels

Or a laid back rock ballad: Buddy Holly
          Nice.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          pk! Good to hear from you, and that you're doing all right, buddy! We've missed you!

That's a lovely little story! Ahhh, a quiet, romantic dinner on the balcony. And way to go for John to cook for his lady! What a sweetheart!

Gotta say, that "robots with a ‘why doesn’t mommy love me’ complex" line had me rolling on the floor!

Yeah, that could've happened too, but I think we're going to be operating this story on the assumption that their momentum coming out of the gate carried them far enough out of range of a kawoosh and any exiting traffic before the planet's gravity would've slowed them down. Still, we might want to have someone in the room when the footage from the MALP/jumper/whatever they send through suggest the possibility of a kawoosh taking the Replicators out... Gee, is Kavanaugh back in Atlantis again or are we going to assume he got shipped to Siberia?

Gah! That would just be too wacky... wouldn't it?
          Ooo please please can it be Siberia?

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
          What: Sparky Season 6 Picnic & Easter Egg Hunt
          When: Friday @ noon
          Where: The park behind the studios.
          Who: Cast, Crew & Staff of Sparky Season 6
          Bring: Yourselves, your Easter basket, some decorated eggs to hide and your favorite picnic dish.
          Dress: Casual, unless you wish to add your favorite Easter bonnet....

Mr. F. is coordinating the hunt, so please direct all your egg-related questions to him.

P.S. - I'm bringing watermelon and peaches.
          Fun!! Sorry I missed it.

And, ta da! It's cherry blossom season here, which apparently has spawned a bunny.

Blossoms
          Really beautiful.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Yeah, I think the Genii will personify the double-edged sword nature of the Coalition. They definitely don't want Atlantis to pull back or deny them anything, but they don't want them in control, so there is always going to be an balance between being friendly and yet underhanded at the same time. Only that duality will be very clear in our season.

And I do think Atlantis will be able to step up and take a large role in the Coalition as soon as they prove they're right about certain things. I just think the Coalition's going to do their darndest to stop them from having power first.

Harmony. *snorts* Yes, Harmony would be fun.

We could have "The Game" people have developed steampunk spaceships and advance themselves somewhat, so we could include them. Kinda like.
          Oh, I definitely think we should bring Harmony back. She'd bring in some nice comedy.

LOL! I think I'm gonna need some sugar to start bouncing around the room like that... Hey, has anyone brought any early Easter baskets into the production offices? I could swear I saw one earlier on the kitchenette counter. Mmmm... chocolate bunny ears.
          Alright, speaking of Easter egg hunts and chocolate bunny ears... here's an old fic from last year.

Easter

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Heeee! *g* I love when I inspire fun things. Anyway, guys! I have written a scene that cound work as the ending scene to my Teyla episode, Box of dreams.

Teyla, Torren, Kanaan, family time and John visiting them. Enjoy and tell me what you think!

Spoiler:
          <space>

Love it!

And LOL at all the caps, gateraid.
          Last edited by Erin87; 03 April 2010, 03:37 PM.
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope everyone's been having a happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            ORO? What ep is that from? It's been so long, and McKay is always in sickbay
            Duet. And ZOMG, gateraid, you've outdone yourself with today's captions!

And I also smoothed things over with a certain Mrs. F over the little thing involving the whipped cream and several of us who shall remain nameless that may or may not have been provoked by Mr. F.
            Hey, don't look at me... Torri and I were booby-trapping Hewlett's trailer with more cascarones while all that was going on! Jason filled us in when we came back...
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope everyone's been having a happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Duet. And ZOMG, gateraid, you've outdone yourself with today's captions!

Hey, don't look at me... Torri and I were booby-trapping Hewlett's trailer with more cascarones while all that was going on! Jason filled us in when we came back...
              Yeah, play innocent. I knew you were up to something. And now I have to deal with Mr. SR who apparently taught all the little kids how to cut a cake with just your fingers. Sigh. Now I've got all the moms mad at me and the kids want to come back and play with Uncle SR.

Can't wait for the next party. Though I'm glad Mr. SR was busy with the kids and missed that little whipped cream incident.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yeah, play innocent. I knew you were up to something.
                Hey, I never said I was innocent. I just didn't have anything to do with the whipped cream incident. And you should've heard David squeal when he opened the door! Torri said she got some good video we can use for the wrap party. LOL!

And now I have to deal with Mr. SR who apparently taught all the little kids how to cut a cake with just your fingers. Sigh. Now I've got all the moms mad at me and the kids want to come back and play with Uncle SR.

Can't wait for the next party. Though I'm glad Mr. SR was busy with the kids and missed that little whipped cream incident.
                Ooops. LMAO!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

HAPPY EASTER!!!

After all, I won't be alone today.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    HAPPY EASTER!!!

Happy Easter! Glad you're not alone. Wish you could come to my brunch.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Easter Sunday!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      HAPPY EASTER!!!

Awww, you'll never be alone! You'll always have us!

Happy Easter! Glad you're not alone. Wish you could come to my brunch.
                      Mmmm, food...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Easter Sunday!

Awww, you'll never be alone! You'll always have us!

Mmmm, food...
                        *waddles in* Brunch was a huge success. Ten people ate an 8 lb ham and I think I caught someone licking the crumbs from the pineapple souffle dish. Now I assume they have all gone home to nap. Hope everyone else had a great Easter.

And keeping it Sparky.

Spoiler:
                        Lizzie: Do you think he will be all right?
                        John: Maybe. I've never seen anyone eat that much ham in my life.

Lizzie: Well, we'll check on him later.
                        John: Sure. Say, is there anymore of that carrot cake?
                        sigpic

Comment

*waddles in* Brunch was a huge success. Ten people ate an 8 lb ham and I think I caught someone licking the crumbs from the pineapple souffle dish. Now I assume they have all gone home to nap. Hope everyone else had a great Easter.

And keeping it Sparky.

Spoiler:

Happy Easter to you and yours! I'm about ten minutes away from going in to prepare my first ever Easter dinner (keeping it simple this year)...wish me luck!
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                            Happy Easter to you and yours! I'm about ten minutes away from going in to prepare my first ever Easter dinner (keeping it simple this year)...wish me luck!
                            Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Make the others clean up.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh you better believe that the hubby and kids are doin' the clean up! I have a tourney fic due tonight that I have to put the finishing touches on! lol
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

Licking the dishes? Yeah, I'd definitely say that brunch was a huge success!

And keeping it Sparky.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../before219.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1.../before221.jpg
                                Bwahahaha! Poor Rodney, he's got himself a tummy ache!

And just what is John planning to do with that carrot cake? Something naughty with Elizabeth, I hope.

Why no, it's never too early to play in the gutter.

Whoo hoo! Good luck!

Seconding that!

Oh you better believe that the hubby and kids are doin' the clean up! I have a tourney fic due tonight that I have to put the finishing touches on! lol
                                LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X