Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
    No more Sparky? No more hope that Sparky will happen end of Season 7? That is really sad news
    Where in the world do you get an idea like that? No, we are not going to have them fall in each other's arms as soon as she comes back. That would violate the whole tone of what we've seen from them so far. They have to first get to know each other again and it will be done in an intelligent way. Once they get together there will be a whole new direction for them. No need to rush it.

Now please stop being so easily offended and have fun.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Ha ha. You did and I have it on record. I think I'll turn it into a sticky.

My take, too, is to be strict. I think they're going to have to be long fics, so that's something to keep in mind. Episode lengths need to be about the same. This is going to be a long process, methinks, but a fun one.
    OMG! A sticky. I've created a monster. Windows has a stickies app too for all you PC users. If you don't have it, you don't know what you are missing. Instant organization without all those little pieces of paper.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Where in the world do you get an idea like that? No, we are not going to have them fall in each other's arms as soon as she comes back. That would violate the whole tone of what we've seen from them so far. They have to first get to know each other again and it will be done in an intelligent way. Once they get together there will be a whole new direction for them. No need to rush it.

Now please stop being so easily offended and have fun.

OMG! A sticky. I've created a monster. Windows has a stickies app too for all you PC users. If you don't have it, you don't know what you are missing. Instant organization without all those little pieces of paper.
      I needed this info two hours ago....*sniff* my mom's gonna kill me because I only just remembered to print her boarding pass for her flight tomorrow
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

I'm not offended. Seems that my question was considered as offending. And it wasn't my intention at all.
        I can't be a writer because I'm Italian, my english knowledge is not THAT good. I just would like sparky to happen in the final season (7?). Just because I believe they deserve it.
        I'm glad you're not offended. Maybe it's the language barrier that makes your posts sound that way some time.

And what makes you think S7 will be the final season? We can go on forever. Maybe we also need to define what is meant by Sparky happening. Will they declare their love, kiss, sleep together, marry in S6? No. But will they have quiet talks, eye sex, meaningful looks and moments alone? Will they be best friends? Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. That's also Sparky to me. They don't have to be in a relationship to care about each other and I think by the end of S6 it will be obvious that they are heading in a romantic direction. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

I'm not offended. Seems that my question was considered as offending. And it wasn't my intention at all.
          I can't be a writer because I'm Italian, my english knowledge is not THAT good. I just would like sparky to happen in the final season (7?). Just because I believe they deserve it.
          We all think they deserve it. The one thing we have in common is how much we love those two when they're together.

The thing is, there are varying levels of 'together' for all of us. Some people want weddings and babies. Others would have been content with subtle implications--hand holding on the balcony at the very end, or something. We can't please everybody. And one person's personal fanon is not another's. Even if we go Sparky in Season 7, there will be displeased shippers because some people will want them to be more openly romantic, and some will think open romance too much and prefer UST.

For now what we can do is respect what the show, and the actors, delivered, and build on that. The show was subtle, understated, and focused primarily on action with subtle undertones of the personal. That's what we're going for because it gives everyone John and Elizabeth somehow and that's what we all want.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

We all think they deserve it. The one thing we have in common is how much we love those two when they're together.

The thing is, there are varying levels of 'together' for all of us. Some people want weddings and babies. Others would have been content with subtle implications--hand holding on the balcony at the very end, or something. We can't please everybody. And one person's personal fanon is not another's. Even if we go Sparky in Season 7, there will be displeased shippers because some people will want them to be more openly romantic, and some will think open romance too much and prefer UST.

For now what we can do is respect what the show, and the actors, delivered, and build on that. The show was subtle, understated, and focused primarily on action with subtle undertones of the personal. That's what we're going for because it gives everyone John and Elizabeth somehow and that's what we all want.
            Hear hear. And we are not changing any of the canon pairings even though it was tempting in one case. We respect what TPTB did and are such good writers that we can make it work.

We are hoping that our virtual season will be something everyone can enjoy no matter what niche of the fandom you fit into.
            sigpic

Comment

...I thought about blue hair with blue paint on their faces--they're a non-advanced tribal people, so they're tribal in dress. Blue will be a sacred color, I suppose.
              How very Avatar of you...

Now that reminds me of my Celtic ancestors. Kind of a fierce warrior tribe in the Braveheart vein. Freeeedoooommm!
              *jumps out of the way of SR's charge*

No, we are not going to have them fall in each other's arms as soon as she comes back.
              *has black & white movie visual*

Elizabeth falls into John's arms.

Elizabeth: Oh John...
              John: Oh Elizabeth...

They kiss passionately.

And continue kissing...

But that's what it's all about - those little pieces of paper.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! *hands out red velvet cupcakes*

So, are you going to let the whumpers in on this delicious episode?
                I sincerely hope so. I think they'll find quite a bit to like this season.

On that note, I've also been thinking about how to expand our promotional reach to the other segments of the fan community that might be interested in SS6, including a more general name for our project. Just "Stargate Atlantis Virtual Season Six" is probably a bit too general, and there are other groups working on their own S6 projects, so we'll want to add something to the title to distinguish ours from the rest of the pack. Perhaps a key word or phrase that sums up what the season is about; Babylon 5 did it with each season, so why not us? We've been talking about "home" and "family" as our main themes for this year, so perhaps "Coming Home (or "Finding Home" or "Homecoming"): A Stargate Atlantis Virtual Season Six," or something like that. (B5 actually used the title of one of each season's episodes, like "Signs and Portents" for Season 1, to sum up each season, so we could also use an episode title if it fits.) Anyone have any other ideas?

Originally posted by ddc View Post
                Maybe include something old school - no alien devices or physical torture just the new bad guy's equivalent of truth serum. They could have a listening device in his cell and hope he'll say something useful.
                Sounds good to me!

No, we won't make them be totally smurfy. (That so just made me laugh tons and tons)

After FH's suggestion, I thought about blue hair with blue paint on their faces--they're a non-advanced tribal people, so they're tribal in dress. Blue will be a sacred color, I suppose. John would call them smurfs simply by virtue of their blueness.
                Heh! I like that. And SR, you slayed me with the Braveheart warrior tribe thing. Frrrreeeeeedoooommm! LOL!

And what makes you think S7 will be the final season? We can go on forever. Maybe we also need to define what is meant by Sparky happening. Will they declare their love, kiss, sleep together, marry in S6? No. But will they have quiet talks, eye sex, meaningful looks and moments alone? Will they be best friends? Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes. That's also Sparky to me. They don't have to be in a relationship to care about each other and I think by the end of S6 it will be obvious that they are heading in a romantic direction. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
                In-very-deed. No one ever said that S7 will be the end, and to be honest, given some of the ideas that we've already started kicking around for it, it would probably be more accurate to call S7 a new beginning. (Hmm, maybe we can use that as our title for S7!)

Exactly. One of our priorities is to maintain the "feel" of the show, and the show worked best when it was subtle. Like SR said earlier, they've got to get to know each other again first before they can move forward. It's only once we get past that point that we can start developing their relationship a little more openly. That's going to take time. And we are all good little grasshoppers, are we not?

*cries* And just where would I find this marvel of technology? *begging eyes*

Hear hear. And we are not changing any of the canon pairings even though it was tempting in one case. We respect what TPTB did and are such good writers that we can make it work.

We are hoping that our virtual season will be something everyone can enjoy no matter what niche of the fandom you fit into.
                Word. We're simply expanding on what they started and taking it to its logical conclusion, instead of ripping it up halfway through and going on an unscheduled trip into the Twilight Zone.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  How very Avatar of you...

*jumps out of the way of SR's charge*

*has black & white movie visual*

Elizabeth falls into John's arms.

They kiss passionately.

And continue kissing...

But that's what it's all about - those little pieces of paper.
                  Cept they won't be 1700 feet tall. But they can fly on bird-things. That part was cool! XD

Yes, yes. We will respect all canon elements.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

On that note, I've also been thinking about how to expand our promotional reach to the other segments of the fan community that might be interested in SS6, including a more general name for our project. Just "Stargate Atlantis Virtual Season Six" is probably a bit too general, and there are other groups working on their own S6 projects, so we'll want to add something to the title to distinguish ours from the rest of the pack. Perhaps a key word or phrase that sums up what the season is about; Babylon 5 did it with each season, so why not us? We've been talking about "home" and "family" as our main themes for this year, so perhaps "Coming Home (or "Finding Home" or "Homecoming"): A Stargate Atlantis Virtual Season Six," or something like that. (B5 actually used the title of one of each season's episodes, like "Signs and Portents" for Season 1, to sum up each season, so we could also use an episode title if it fits.) Anyone have any other ideas?

Sounds good to me!

Heh! I like that. And SR, you slayed me with the Braveheart warrior tribe thing. Frrrreeeeeedoooommm! LOL!

In-very-deed. No one ever said that S7 will be the end, and to be honest, given some of the ideas that we've already started kicking around for it, it would probably be more accurate to call S7 a new beginning. (Hmm, maybe we can use that as our title for S7!)

Exactly. One of our priorities is to maintain the "feel" of the show, and the show worked best when it was subtle. Like SR said earlier, they've got to get to know each other again first before they can move forward. It's only once we get past that point that we can start developing their relationship a little more openly. That's going to take time. And we are all good little grasshoppers, are we not?

Word. We're simply expanding on what they started and taking it to its logical conclusion, instead of ripping it up halfway through and going on an unscheduled trip into the Twilight Zone.
                  I love the idea of "Homecoming". That fits in more than one way--it can pertain to returning to Pegasus, the Athosians, Elizabeth--many different things.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Cept they won't be 1700 feet tall. But they can fly on bird-things. That part was cool! XD
                    Giant eagles from Lord of the Rings! LOL!

I love the idea of "Homecoming". That fits in more than one way--it can pertain to returning to Pegasus, the Athosians, Elizabeth--many different things.
                    Isn't it great how it just works out like that?
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Speaking of avatar that movie made over 2.5 billion dollars

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        Speaking of avatar that movie made over 2.5 billion dollars
                        And won 3 beautiful Academy Awards - even though not the ones they were hoping for, they still did good.

And I loved Na'vi...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Sounds good to me!

Stickies for Windows: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html I found this just by Googling. Once you go virtual stickies, you'll never go back. Heh.
                          sigpic

Comment

Stickies for Windows: http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/fil...scription.html I found this just by Googling. Once you go virtual stickies, you'll never go back. Heh.
                            Ooooh! Sweeeeet. Thankies!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              See, i think we should let them know about the complete season - since we are going to respect the canon and play fair (unlike some people I've heard of). I know we are not exactly popular among whumpers, but you never know - some of them might give the season, or few eps a chance. John - whump episode should be according to their tastes - I can do decent, even scary kind of whump. What's not to like?

But also, I think we should announce the season on some threads around the GW. Also, moderated membership/moderated posting access to our comm wouldn't hurt.
                              *peeks in*

This whumper luffs you!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                                *peeks in*

This whumper luffs you!!
                                And we luff you too, Pocus! *glomps*

Comment

Working...
                                X