Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    SR! Yuck! How can you even imply that! Dental work need is what really tops it.

I bet John will have enough of off - world conquests.
    Well you know how John is with those off world women. They all go for him big time. But I think if he flirts with big Bertha, she'll go all girly on him. Maybe she'll even want to rip his shirt off. You know just to get a good look at her new mate. And she'll be thinking about what fine strong sons they will have even though they'll be a bit hairless.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Well you know how John is with those off world women. They all go for him big time. But I think if he flirts with big Bertha, she'll go all girly on him. Maybe she'll even want to rip his shirt off. You know just to get a good look at her new mate. And she'll be thinking about what fine strong sons they will have even though they'll be a bit hairless.
      Hairless?

Uh, they may not be yeti, but he's got some...
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I only kinda skimmed through the last few posts...but I wanted to add my vote...I think Carson should be the secret Star Wars geek...it would be funny if it was Ronon BUT Teal'c was a Star Wars nut and it'd be kinda re-using an old idea to have the alien be the sci fi geek again... (just my opinion....)
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Hairless?

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...ll/104x423.jpg

Uh, they may not be yeti, but he's got some...
          Well, considering her former spouse John is indeed hairless. But we know he's got just the right amount.

Spoiler:

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          I only kinda skimmed through the last few posts...but I wanted to add my vote...I think Carson should be the secret Star Wars geek...it would be funny if it was Ronon BUT Teal'c was a Star Wars nut and it'd be kinda re-using an old idea to have the alien be the sci fi geek again... (just my opinion....)
          I agree. Duly noted. But I'm sure Ronon will remember seeing the movie and will snark at Carson about this not being a movie.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Hah! I just knew someone was going to bring up the Loreena McKennitt song.
            Guilty! But you can't put up something like that and expect me not to bring her up. I adore her music.

There are so many plot bunnies hopping around here we may have to build a fence. LOL
            To keep them in or out?

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
            Did you see the deleted scene in Season 4 where Ronon watches on earth TV Battlestar Galactica?

Ronon: No, we gotta help this people!

and Sheppard explaining it's only a TV show

I was in stitches!
            I want to see! *gar*

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

I saw that deleted scene on my DVD set. I was really disappointed they cut it. I think it would have been the highlight of the episode by far. It was really funny how the two of them played the scene, but the footage of Battlestar was not included in the cut, so Jason Momoa was just watching a blank screen. Sadly.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I'm thinking that these late night visits will become regular in the story. My version of the balcony scenes. But John can eat the lemon pie right in front of Rodney. Heh.
                *cracks up*

There are so many plot bunnies hopping around here we may have to build a fence. LOL
                Something tells me there won't be a fence tall enough to contain the bunnies.

It is quite a gritty story and a favorite of literature teachers but no, we won't have any frozen spittle. Though I would like Rodney to maybe know the story and comment on it. It won't be that cold. These are my ideas so far.

Spoiler:
                The team plus Carson travels to a planet that is snowcovered and a new storm is threatening. I don't know why yet. Some sort of bear/abominable snowman like creature attacks and they kill it. Then they decide to scurry back to the gate but get separated in the blizzard that blows in. They get separated into the following groups: John, Rodney/Teyla, and Ronon/Carson.

Rodney and Teyla end up huddling under some huge fir trees and like in the To Build A Fire story try desperately to make a fire. Just when they get it going, snow falls off the branches and puts it out. Teyla goes into survival mode and Rodney is in full rant. They can hear some sort of wild animals howling in the distance between the gusts of wind and Teyla knows they will freeze if she doesn't get the fire going. There may be some suggestions of sharing body heat. I expect to work in some funny moments before this is over.

Ronon and Carson follow what Ronon believes to be the trail to the gate but get confused in the whiteout and end up right back by the dead beast. When night starts to fall Ronon knows they won't survive so he cuts open the carcass and drags out the insides. Then he forces Carson to take shelter with him inside the hollowed out animal. Carson whines about infection and unsanitary blahblahblah. Ronon basically says "Doc you'll die of exposure long before the infection kills you". Then when they do manage to survive and rejoin the others we'll get some good comments from Rodney about how they smell.

John thinks he is following the others but as with Ronon and Carson he gets separated and lost in the blizzard. Something whacks him on the head and drags him away. He wakes up in a cave or an underground building of some sort, tied up, bleeding and in the company of another of the creatures. It has built a huge fire and appears to be living there because he sees all sorts of household implements including a huge pot which is boiling over the fire. The creature is wearing rough skins and has long tangled hair. It sees he is awake and comes closer. When it pinches his cheek and pokes him in the ribs, John decides he must be dinner. The creature grunts and speaks a few words but just keeps putting things in the pot and stirring it. John passes out and wakes up a couple of times and the creature brings him some water. Now that he can see a little better, John realizes the creature is a female and surmises it must be the mate of the one they killed. Then she grins at him showing her teeth which are badly in need of some dental work and John realizes he is in even more trouble than he thought. She wants a replacement for the mate that got killed and he just might be it.

ZOMG, that's awesome! The Empire Strikes Back shout-out is hilarious, and... oh, poor John! He just never catches a break, does he? LOL!

I LOVE IT! That's great!

You should mention the firestarter thingy the Athosians have and how Rodney wishes he had one.
                Though... one would think that Teyla would be carrying one in her tac vest...

I also vote for someone to be a Star Wars geek if possible! Having it be someone unexpected would be funny, like Ronon. (Carson (as Ronon slashes open belly of beast): What in the hell are you doing?! Ronon: Saw it in a movie once.) Or it could be resident geek, who mentions 'at least we don't have to crawl in the belly of a Tauntaun and cut to Ronon and Carson in belly of beast.
                I vote for putting in that exact bit. To the letter. The comedic tension break it provides is just waaaay too good to resist. *cackles*

Good ideas. Added to my stickie. I was thinking the Carson freak out could be fun. And I'm thinking John escapes somehow and when the others find him Rodney asks "what happened to you?" and John is all embarrassed and won't tell them. Maybe we never get to find out what John had to do to escape. No, not that. Ewwww!
                *shudders* Oh, you just had to say that, didn't you?

Noted, I like that idea.

And that's why John will never tell what he had to do. But I'm willing to bet it was nothing like what everyone will imagine it was.
                *snorts* Probably got the jump on Big Bertha and whacked her in the head with a pot, then got the hell outta there.

*screams in horror* John'll be scarred for life!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

*cracks up*

Something tells me there won't be a fence tall enough to contain the bunnies.

ZOMG, that's awesome! The Empire Strikes Back shout-out is hilarious, and... oh, poor John! He just never catches a break, does he? LOL!

Though... one would think that Teyla would be carrying one in her tac vest...

I vote for putting in that exact bit. To the letter. The comedic tension break it provides is just waaaay too good to resist. *cackles*

*shudders* Oh, you just had to say that, didn't you?

*snorts* Probably got the jump on Big Bertha and whacked her in the head with a pot, then got the hell outta there.

*screams in horror* John'll be scarred for life!
                  Yeah, I'm sorry we never saw that firestarter again. Stupid. But we have to let her forget it this time. Maybe Kanaan is using it to light all those candles they keep in their quarters. LOL

I think we'll have to keep both the Rodney comment about Star Wars and add the reference from Carson. That would be a nice way of tying the scenes together. We've got T/R trying desperately to build a fire, R/C not able to build a fire at all and John thinking he's going to be roasted over a fire. Keeping warm will be the last of John's worries. I'm thinking he will have to be all sweaty. Hmm maybe the ropes he's tied with will get slippery from the sweat and he'll be able to slip out of the ties. After all Big B didn't want to hurt the pretty so she tied him a bit loosely. Then when he gets loose he just has to find a way to distract her until he can overpower her. Brute strength is not going to do it. He must use subterfuge. And that's where it gets interesting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm sorry we never saw that firestarter again. Stupid. But we have to let her forget it this time. Maybe Kanaan is using it to light all those candles they keep in their quarters. LOL
                    Yeah, since it wasn't brought up at any point in time after the first few episodes I think we're safe from it being considered discontinuous. Maybe it ran out of fuel or something.

I think we'll have to keep both the Rodney comment about Star Wars and add the reference from Carson. That would be a nice way of tying the scenes together. We've got T/R trying desperately to build a fire, R/C not able to build a fire at all and John thinking he's going to be roasted over a fire. Keeping warm will be the last of John's worries. I'm thinking he will have to be all sweaty. Hmm maybe the ropes he's tied with will get slippery from the sweat and he'll be able to slip out of the ties. After all Big B didn't want to hurt the pretty so she tied him a bit loosely. Then when he gets loose he just has to find a way to distract her until he can overpower her. Brute strength is not going to do it. He must use subterfuge. And that's where it gets interesting.
                    I can so see the million faces he makes behind her back. Considering his reaction to Hermiod, it's going to be hilarious.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      Rodney and Teyla end up huddling under some huge fir trees and like in the To Build A Fire story try desperately to make a fire. Just when they get it going, snow falls off the branches and puts it out. Teyla goes into survival mode and Rodney is in full rant. They can hear some sort of wild animals howling in the distance between the gusts of wind and Teyla knows they will freeze if she doesn't get the fire going.
                      Ohoh! I hope you don't mind me dropping in here, but this so much reminded me of some art that was done for the last Sticks and Snark thing-a-thon. It's here. I've always thought there had to be an awesome episode behind that pic.

Edited to clarify - this art is not mine. I could only wish to be so talented. All the credit belongs to astridv.
                      Last edited by Killdeer; 03 March 2010, 12:42 PM.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                        Did you see the deleted scene in Season 4 where Ronon watches on earth TV Battlestar Galactica?

Ronon: No, we gotta help this people!

and Sheppard explaining it's only a TV show

I was in stitches!
                        *cracks up* Damn, one more thing pushing me towards getting the S4 set.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        I saw that deleted scene on my DVD set. I was really disappointed they cut it. I think it would have been the highlight of the episode by far. It was really funny how the two of them played the scene, but the footage of Battlestar was not included in the cut, so Jason Momoa was just watching a blank screen. Sadly.
                        And it would've been a clever little bit of cross-promotion for SyFy.

Hmm, what episode was that scene from, by the way? I'm curious now.

Heh. Fire, fire, burning bright...

Gee, now I'm thinking we might want to show how John gets out of his little predicament, after all.

Yeah, since it wasn't brought up at any point in time after the first few episodes I think we're safe from it being considered discontinuous. Maybe it ran out of fuel or something.
                        That could work. We have no idea what those things run on.

I can so see the million faces he makes behind her back. Considering his reaction to Hermiod, it's going to be hilarious.
                        *dies laughing*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          Ohoh! I hope you don't mind me dropping in here, but this so much reminded me of some art that was done for the last Sticks and Snark thing-a-thon. It's here. I've always thought there had to be an awesome episode behind that pic.

WOW! That's just WOW! And how incredibly relevant! See, this the stars are all in align for our project!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                            Ooooh, that is COOL!

Comment

*cracks up* Damn, one more thing pushing me towards getting the S4 set.

And it would've been a clever little bit of cross-promotion for SyFy.

Hmm, what episode was that scene from, by the way? I'm curious now.

Heh. Fire, fire, burning bright...

Gee, now I'm thinking we might want to show how John gets out of his little predicament, after all.

That could work. We have no idea what those things run on.

*dies laughing*
                              I think they said Ronon was on Earth when he was watching--sounds like a Miller's Crossing type scene. I don't see room for it in Outcast.

Comment

I think they said Ronon was on Earth when he was watching--sounds like a Miller's Crossing type scene. I don't see room for it in Outcast.
                                Yeah, it was Miller's Crossing.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X