Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Thanks!

Awkward UST fics... here's a couple by Shane Vansen (aka lone_pyramid on LJ) that start out UST, and end up... not UST :

Quarantine. After being exposed to something that might or might not be hazardous, John and Elizabeth are stuck in the infirmary for three days.

Hypothetically Speaking, and its sequel, Re-Testing the Hypothesis. Epilogue to the episode, The Long Goodbye.

Enjoy!
    OH thanks!! I just read the first one (nice and short...which is all my attention span can handle ) And am starting on the second one *loves Sparky so much*

Edit- just read the 2nd and 3rd rec...*runs around in circles* Got any more kitty?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
    Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

*cackles* I'm in a silly mood today...

A couple of old-skool Sparky fics from A.j.:

Kidnapped. Lizzie chained to a wall + John to the rescue = silliness.

Stymied. Less 'love in an elevator' and more 'cranky in a transporter'.

Enjoy!

And now, I'm off to work on my Big Bang fic!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks!

Awkward UST fics... here's a couple by Shane Vansen (aka lone_pyramid on LJ) that start out UST, and end up... not UST :

Quarantine. After being exposed to something that might or might not be hazardous, John and Elizabeth are stuck in the infirmary for three days.

Hypothetically Speaking, and its sequel, Re-Testing the Hypothesis. Epilogue to the episode, The Long Goodbye.

Enjoy!
        *grins*
        I love these!! They're among my fav Sparky fics
        Thanks for reccing them again

Sig by me

Comment

*cackles* I'm in a silly mood today...

A couple of old-skool Sparky fics from A.j.:

Kidnapped. Lizzie chained to a wall + John to the rescue = silliness.

Stymied. Less 'love in an elevator' and more 'cranky in a transporter'.

Enjoy!

And now, I'm off to work on my Big Bang fic!
          Yay! those were great! Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
            *whew* It's done. I said I was going to make a trailer for my fanfic, and darn it if I didn't do it.

The trailer for Light in the Dark.
            Now this is my first ever attempt at vid making of any kind, so you guys tell me what you think.
            Sweet Vid Maybe, just maybe, you're up for my fic for vid challenge. I write a nice 3-7 chapter fic on a topic of your choosing (Sorry no smut or babies) and all you have to do is make a vid using a song I pick. (The song will be >4:00 minutes long)

The idea I came up with is pretty darn epic, so it'll definitely fill up the word count... The trouble for me is getting the idea out of my head and expanding the outline into a full-fledged story. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth.

snip
            If it helps, I never did outlines for anything I ever wrote, school (Yes, I usually got A's) or otherwise. I may re-read the last part I wrote, but it seems better when I just let it come to me.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            *bounces* I still can't wait to read your story!!
            Mine is pretty epic too as I'm rewriting most of what happened in SGA
            But you're right... getting the ideas in your head on paper is sometimes very difficult. And if you try to force it, it just feels wrong.
            Having a stubborn muse who takes way too much vacation is very frustrating at times
            snip
            Rewriting the whole series is a tall task. Good luck, especially with the disaster that was seasons 4 and 5. I was thinking about writing an epic kind of story. The final list for titles were: The Mourning Bride; Heaven's Rage; or Hell's Fury.
            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
              If it helps, I never did outlines for anything I ever wrote, school (Yes, I usually got A's) or otherwise. I may re-read the last part I wrote, but it seems better when I just let it come to me.
              The thing is, for a story this big, you need to have a plan going in so you know how the story ends and how you're going to get to that end without wandering all over the place. I've got all that, it's just a matter of fleshing out all those one or two line summaries for each scene.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

The thing is, for a story this big, you need to have a plan going in so you know how the story ends and how you're going to get to that end without wandering all over the place. I've got all that, it's just a matter of fleshing out all those one or two line summaries for each scene.
                Ah, I see. The reason why I stopped using outlines is I ended up changing so much stuff the only thing that mattered was the begging and the end. I tried again for a 150 page story (as in novel-like) I had to write for a college course, but after about a google-plex of scribbles and changes I just wrote from my head and checked back for continuity. Different spanks for different ranks and all that. But good luck with your story. I can't wait to read
                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Totally agree. For me, when I write I need an outline. 1. Because I'll think of things that I so have to put in it, but if I don't write it down I'll forget. 2. It helps keep the story moving because you know how far you want to get in each chapter. And you'll also be aware of how you want it to end, so when the fic writing mojo is down, you can pull out the outline and it occasionally helps spark the mojo

For those of you that can write without outlines...I tip my Phillies hat to you

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
                    Totally agree. For me, when I write I need an outline. 1. Because I'll think of things that I so have to put in it, but if I don't write it down I'll forget.
                    Oh, yes. I've lost count of how many times I've suddenly been struck by inspiration with a 'wouldn't it be cool if...' idea and I scribbled it down quick, then typed it into my outline file later on.

2. It helps keep the story moving because you know how far you want to get in each chapter. And you'll also be aware of how you want it to end, so when the fic writing mojo is down, you can pull out the outline and it occasionally helps spark the mojo
                    And I've done that, too. Both with the fic outline and the SG-1/SGA series timeline I put together so I'd know the wheres and whens of all the important SGA milestones so I wouldn't screw 'em up in the fic.

Me too. I can go without an outline with shorter stories; my AU ending to First Strike that I posted back in July was written this way. But a fic with as long and complex of a storyline like the Big Bang fic needs a roadmap if it's going to work. Otherwise my brain will go all 'splodey, and that's never a good sign.

Comment

Oh, yes. I've lost count of how many times I've suddenly been struck by inspiration with a 'wouldn't it be cool if...' idea and I scribbled it down quick, then typed it into my outline file later on.

And I've done that, too. Both with the fic outline and the SG-1/SGA series timeline I put together so I'd know the wheres and whens of all the important SGA milestones so I wouldn't screw 'em up in the fic.

Me too. I can go without an outline with shorter stories; my AU ending to First Strike that I posted back in July was written this way. But a fic with as long and complex of a storyline like the Big Bang fic needs a roadmap if it's going to work. Otherwise my brain will go all 'splodey, and that's never a good sign.
                      I can't tell you how many times I thought something was cool and then didn't write it down and then was so annoyed later when I couldn't remember what it was

I really need to make a handy dandy SG-1/SGA time line because half the time I can't remember which came first

That would totally be a mess to clean up as well And then we wouldn't be able to get some good Sparky reading and then the whole Sparky ship crumbles and then all the Sparky shippers get depressed and it's just a bad, bad situation See how important outlines are...they're essential to the survival of Sparky

Comment

I can't tell you how many times I thought something was cool and then didn't write it down and then was so annoyed later when I couldn't remember what it was
                        Seriously, I've taken to carrying a little notepad and pen in my purse at all times to jot down the random plot bunny that strikes when I'm out on the town.

I really need to make a handy dandy SG-1/SGA time line because half the time I can't remember which came first
                        I used the SG-verse Continuity & Viewing Order thread as a starting point, then added in the novels, the magazine short stories, and the audio dramas. One thing I've found is that once SG-1 and Atlantis start overlapping (Seasons 8-10 of SG-1 and Seasons 1-3 of Atlantis), events from episodes of both series sometimes happen simultaneously, rather than one after the other. Which can get very messy to keep track of. And don't even get me started on the time jumps between episodes; anywhere from only a few days to several months!

Speaking of messy...

That would totally be a mess to clean up as well And then we wouldn't be able to get some good Sparky reading and then the whole Sparky ship crumbles and then all the Sparky shippers get depressed and it's just a bad, bad situation See how important outlines are...they're essential to the survival of Sparky
                        And really, it's such a pain to try to clean bloodstains out of upholstery. The moral of the story? Proper prior planning is the Sparky fan's best friend.

Comment

Seriously, I've taken to carrying a little notepad and pen in my purse at all times to jot down the random plot bunny that strikes when I'm out on the town.

I used the SG-verse Continuity & Viewing Order thread as a starting point, then added in the novels, the magazine short stories, and the audio dramas. One thing I've found is that once SG-1 and Atlantis start overlapping (Seasons 8-10 of SG-1 and Seasons 1-3 of Atlantis), events from episodes of both series sometimes happen simultaneously, rather than one after the other. Which can get very messy to keep track of. And don't even get me started on the time jumps between episodes; anywhere from only a few days to several months!

Speaking of messy...

And really, it's such a pain to try to clean bloodstains out of upholstery. The moral of the story? Proper prior planning is the Sparky fan's best friend.
                          I do the exact same thing! Those plot bunnies can strike at any time

Oh thanks! That'll be so helpful!

That it is

Comment

Oh, that is so annoying!
                            I also carry a notepad with me, but I usually think stuff up when I'm driving my car and it's kinda difficult... not to mention dangerous... to write stuff down when you're driving. So by the time I get to my destination, I've either forgotten about it or get distracted too much to remember to write it down.
                            Then when I get home, I usually beat myself up for forgetting about it...
                            There's also a notepad on my bedside table, cause I also think stuff up when I'm half asleep and I need to write that down immediately, cause I will have forgotten about it by morning.
                            It can be so frustrating.

Sig by me

Comment

Scary Kitty,can't believe I missed this fic . Just read it and what a good ending to First Strike that would have been. Loved the strength Elizabeth protrayed, especially in the manner she dealt with Ellis. Also John realising the implications of his actions could have resulted in the loss of Elizabeth and Atlantis. All together great, thanks for providing the enjoyment the fic gave.

Comment

Totally agree. For me, when I write I need an outline. 1. Because I'll think of things that I so have to put in it, but if I don't write it down I'll forget. 2. It helps keep the story moving because you know how far you want to get in each chapter. And you'll also be aware of how you want it to end, so when the fic writing mojo is down, you can pull out the outline and it occasionally helps spark the mojo

I have 'story bibles' for some of my stuff. Part of the reason why Testament isn't finished is because I have to keep going back and rereading the story bible/story in order to remember who did what.

It's quite time consuming on its own.
                                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Working...
                                X