Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

The last I heard, the Atlantis Gateroom set was still up, though they did strike a bit of the corridor sets to make room for the new sets for SGU. It could be that these pieces are from the struck sets, while the really unique sets are still up. Though the fact that puddle jumper parts have been put up for sale is a little disconcerting, as I thought they had only one PJ interior.

Yeah, they've got their own website, and there have been articles here at GW and elsewhere about it.

I also like the idea of Elizabeth being able to use ATA-dependent tech. Darnit, she's given so much for the city, I think we can give her that little gift.

John giving Elizabeth flying lessons? I love it! We definitely should find someplace to do that.

Sounds good to me.

I think the medicine/supplies idea sounds the most logical; we've kind of already seen it in The Storm/The Eye, and it stands to reason that with the war, people would be in even more need for it.

Heh. I think when we've finally got the season completed, we should print out everything, the stories, artwork, etc., write a cover letter thanking Joe for all his hard work on SGA and being such an inspiration to us and sign all our names to it (or at least our nicknames), put it all into a binder, and then give it to him at the next convention he appears at.
    Ooo! PKPRD, what about starting off your "Run Through the Jungle" story with Elizabeth learning how to fly, and maybe she has to pilot a jumper to save the day?
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Ooo! PKPRD, what about starting off your "Run Through the Jungle" story with Elizabeth learning how to fly, and maybe she has to pilot a jumper to save the day?
      Heh that reminds of a scene in The Gauntlet with Clint Eastwood and Sandra Locke. She has to drive a bus through a myriad of roadblocks... here's what made me laugh

What the hell! You're gonna get us killed!
      STOP YELLING AT ME!
      Nag, nag, nag...
      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

The last I heard, the Atlantis Gateroom set was still up, though they did strike a bit of the corridor sets to make room for the new sets for SGU. It could be that these pieces are from the struck sets, while the really unique sets are still up. Though the fact that puddle jumper parts have been put up for sale is a little disconcerting, as I thought they had only one PJ interior.

Yeah, they've got their own website, and there have been articles here at GW and elsewhere about it.

I also like the idea of Elizabeth being able to use ATA-dependent tech. Darnit, she's given so much for the city, I think we can give her that little gift.

John giving Elizabeth flying lessons? I love it! We definitely should find someplace to do that.

Sounds good to me.

I think the medicine/supplies idea sounds the most logical; we've kind of already seen it in The Storm/The Eye, and it stands to reason that with the war, people would be in even more need for it.

Heh. I think when we've finally got the season completed, we should print out everything, the stories, artwork, etc., write a cover letter thanking Joe for all his hard work on SGA and being such an inspiration to us and sign all our names to it (or at least our nicknames), put it all into a binder, and then give it to him at the next convention he appears at.
        Ah, we should!! *flails at how awesome that would be*

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
        Heh that reminds of a scene in The Gauntlet with Clint Eastwood and Sandra Locke. She has to drive a bus through a myriad of roadblocks... here's what made me laugh

STOP YELLING AT ME!
        Nag, nag, nag...
        LOL!

Oh, and what do you guys think of this music for the trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcjxrs-upic
        I finally did some research today.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I want to sign, I want to sign! ... and add a flying kiss coming out of the envelope as soon as he opens it

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Oh, and what do you guys think of this music for the trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jcjxrs-upic
          I like the crescendo!

Comment

STOP YELLING AT ME!
            Nag, nag, nag...
            *tee hee*

I could totally see the beginning with Elizabeth not being a very good pilot but remarking how much she likes it and John being all nervous with her at the helm of his precious Jumper One. Boys and their toys.

And then she saves the day with some impressive (and maybe lucky) flying.

Comment

STOP YELLING AT ME!
              Nag, nag, nag...
              That reminds me of this bit from RII.

WEIR: If we keep this up, there won’t be much of a city left to save.

SHEPPARD: I’ll try to run the drones into your least favourite buildings. McKay!

LOL!

I like it. You've got my vote.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

SHEPPARD: I’ll try to run the drones into your least favourite buildings. McKay!

I like it. You've got my vote.
                One of my favorite all time moments. John being annoyed with Elizabeth without really being annoyed at Elizabeth.

Comment

That sounds like a plan. And let him know that our S6 is not just for shippers.
                  You betcha!

Eri I was leaning toward medical supplies. I think I would have to shift the humor from a dialogue based witty comments to a kind of physical slapstick. (e.g. Shep gets lost in a building and comes busting out of a closet with a mop bucket stuck on his foot.) I was thinking a disease like smallpox, simply because Earth doesn't have a large number of vaccine to part with.
                  *snickers*

B]SK[/B] Hey, what about Miss Torri? We can't leave her out. Maybe I'll get an autographed headshot or something. (Supper is only a wish... *sigh*... but a man can dream, right )
                  I was just thinking that while I was running my errands this morning.

Oooooh! I like it!

STOP YELLING AT ME!
                  Nag, nag, nag...
                  *cracks up*

*tee hee*

I could totally see the beginning with Elizabeth not being a very good pilot but remarking how much she likes it and John being all nervous with her at the helm of his precious Jumper One. Boys and their toys.

And then she saves the day with some impressive (and maybe lucky) flying.
                  She absolutely must. That would so rock!

Ahahahah!

Love it! Very majestic and exciting.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

LOL!

Very nice and intense! Love the end...This reminds me of the fun parts of my month, when I get to look up license-free music while writing our promos. I love listening to all the trailer music.

Comment

Now I'm listening to trailer music...

How about this one, maybe for a second half trailer? I like the beats at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3718X...eature=related

Comment

One of my favorite all time moments. John being annoyed with Elizabeth without really being annoyed at Elizabeth.
                        Kinda like a husband and wife. Speaking from experience when my husband is trying to kill us driving.

How about this one, maybe for a second half trailer? I like the beats at the end.

I like this one also. Nice build up and very suspenseful.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Very nice and intense! Love the end...This reminds me of the fun parts of my month, when I get to look up license-free music while writing our promos. I love listening to all the trailer music.
                          That does sound like fun!

Gets a 'thumbs up!' from me. The unrelenting build up of intensity is great, and definitely sounds like a good second half candidate.

Kinda like a husband and wife. Speaking from experience when my husband is trying to kill us driving.
                          *snickers*
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sounds pretty good.

I do have to admit that I didn't see much in the beginning, and that's how I judge my music, whether I can see stuff happening on it or not. It's the way I think, I can't help it.
                            But the latter part, decided that the first half is a necessary evil.

I'm not entirely sold on this one.

But I like to make a suggestion myself. Have you seen the trailer to Avatar? The first part of it has a bit of The Island soundtrack, I am Lincoln. While the last part is trailer music from Audiomachine, and I think it could be quite useful too. AudioMachine starts at 1:06. I have both tracks and when I'm playing them in my car.... there's nothing there but me and my music.

Trailer Avatar
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              But I like to make a suggestion myself. Have you seen the trailer to Avatar? The first part of it has a bit of The Island soundtrack, I am Lincoln. While the last part is trailer music from Audiomachine, and I think it could be quite useful too. AudioMachine starts at 1:06. I have both tracks and when I'm playing them in my car.... there's nothing there but me and my music.

Trailer Avatar
                              Daaaaamn. That is awesome! (and no, I still haven't seen Avatar yet. Darnit.) But I see/hear what you mean; there's just this deeper level of intensity and epic mood to these pieces.

Now I've got a bit of an idea for a trailer, or at least the beginning of one, for Elizabeth's arc. (maybe for House of Mirrors?) First comes a montage of the key scenes leading up to her loss in Lifeline and moments with her duplicates, all in black and white (so it gives the idea of being presented like a flashback), accompanied by a solo boy soprano voice, just wordless tones:
                              - the introduction of the Asuran Replicators in Progeny and Elizabeth being infected
                              - a bit from TRW (including the moment when John breaks quarantine and grabs Elizabeth's hand)
                              - from First Strike, the Replicator attack on Atlantis, Oberoth taunting them, and that iconic shot of Elizabeth getting thrown back as the control tower is hit
                              - clips of her surgery and waking up in Adrift
                              - Sheppard has to leave Elizabeth behind on Asuras in Lifeline
                              - the Clone!Team in TMC and the clips of John and Clone!Elizabeth talking in the forest
                              - BAMSR, Asuras getting blown up, and the final scene with Repli!Weir
                              - GitM, Repli!Weir spelling out her name in the computer and asking for John, that lingering look between FRANibeth and John before she walks through the gate and spaces herself. Maybe that last little bit where she drifts off to "sleep" in the vacuum of space.

The screen fades to black, and the sound fades to silence for a moment, then is replaced by the growing sound of waves lapping against a beach. Then the trailer goes to color footage of the team's efforts to rescue her, and the music kicks into overdrive with the kind of building, epic crescendo like in the Avatar trailer.

Of course, I have zero skill in making videos, so someone else would have to try this. But it's an idea.
                              Last edited by Scary Kitty; 01 February 2010, 03:05 PM. Reason: I frakin' forgot Lifeline!

Comment

Of course, I have zero skill in making videos, so someone else would have to try this. But it's an idea.
                                For someone who claims to have zero skills, you're coming out way on top with this idea.

To cut from one scene to the next, there could be these little fade outs, which I personally always sort of perceive as threatening or forshadowing of what is to come next.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X