Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Written by Robert C. Cooper. And didn't JoeF say that Cooper understood Sheppard better than anyone else?
    There are some hints of "sheyla" in it too.... Maybe I have to put in under spoiler tags because I don't want a new war.lol I don't know what to think about Robert C. Cooper (except that I like Vegas and Sateda.)

Heh. I've heard it said that the quality of fanfiction is in inverse proportion to the quality of the source material. Meaning, the worse the source material is, the better the fanfiction is in comparison. Funny, that.
    LOL
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      Anuna, I signed up for NaNoWriMo this year and started writing last night. My story has already changed three times (just a little, but enough to take it in a different direction) and I'm only a little over 2000 words in....I've decided to just let it go...if it's crap, I'll change it later....

speaking of....I'm writing an youth/YA fantasy story...anyone know anything about faeries? I've done a little research, but need all the info I can get my hands on...
      If you clap 3 times you can bring them back to life?

What are you looking for? Mythology on Faeries is sorta all over the board. There's good, bad, wicked, animalistic, Tinkerbell...where do you want to go?
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

They totally would do that. *joins in the sniffle train*

I like the idea of them doing outdoors-oriented activities. Hiking, camping, horseback riding through a forest to have a picnic lunch... *sighs*
        I would also involve the beach somehow. I think it just ties to Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          There are some hints of "sheyla" in it too.... Maybe I have to put in under spoiler tags because I don't want a new war.lol I don't know what to think about Robert C. Cooper (except that I like Vegas and Sateda.)

LOL
          You are right. Doppelganger was probably the most obvious Sheyla episode of the whole show IMHO. But it was also the first filmed of that season. They had just found out RL was pregnant and had to change the whole rest of her arc for the season. I'm willing to bet Sheyla would have been canon otherwise. And we would be the ones not so very happy with the way things turned out.

So who do we thank? You can't really depend on what they said would happen at any one time. Things change drastically in show biz. Just think what might have happened if Torri had agreed to return. Maybe we shouldn't. That's why it doesn't do any good to worry or complain or angst about what did or did not happen. We are just here to celebrate what did occur and add our own twist to canon.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            If you clap 3 times you can bring them back to life?

What are you looking for? Mythology on Faeries is sorta all over the board. There's good, bad, wicked, animalistic, Tinkerbell...where do you want to go?
            um no...no clapping to bring them back to life...once they're dead, they're dead, sorry....

If you don't mind, I can send you a PM with my story idea see what you think. I kinda feel like there's a lot of leeway with my idea and that there are a lot of things I can do with it, but I'm not totally sure...
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              You are right. Doppelganger was probably the most obvious Sheyla episode of the whole show IMHO. But it was also the first filmed of that season. They had just found out RL was pregnant and had to change the whole rest of her arc for the season. I'm willing to bet Sheyla would have been canon otherwise. And we would be the ones not so very happy with the way things turned out.

So who do we thank? You can't really depend on what they said would happen at any one time. Things change drastically in show biz. Just think what might have happened if Torri had agreed to return. Maybe we shouldn't. That's why it doesn't do any good to worry or complain or angst about what did or did not happen. We are just here to celebrate what did occur and add our own twist to canon.
              I agree. There's no point on reflecting on the 'what could have beens'. We have lots to be thankful for in terms of where our ship went, and we should celebrate that.

um no...no clapping to bring them back to life...once they're dead, they're dead, sorry....

If you don't mind, I can send you a PM with my story idea see what you think. I kinda feel like there's a lot of leeway with my idea and that there are a lot of things I can do with it, but I'm not totally sure...
              Please do! I probably won't be able to give it a good answer until tomorrow, but I'd be glad to check it over.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                I would also involve the beach somehow. I think it just ties to Atlantis.
                *flails* Ohhhh yes. Maybe they're staying at a house on the beach... John could go surfing. John could teach Lizzie how to surf!

Indeed. Sparky's on screen. Therefore, it's canon, baby.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Heh. I've heard it said that the quality of fanfiction is in inverse proportion to the quality of the source material. Meaning, the worse the source material is, the better the fanfiction is in comparison. Funny, that.
                  So, that's the reason why BSG fic sucks?

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                    *cackles* I've never read any BSG fic, but I would suppose so!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*cackles* I've never read any BSG fic, but I would suppose so!
                      Well, I've only tried half-heartedly, because I didn't really ever feel the need for it. They've always given me what I wanted so far...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Eri check your PM...I hope you can understand my rambling!
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

For something supposedly obvious, sheyla is set up very illogically in Doppleganger. Teyla dreams about John trying to kill her, he truns into the half bug being and that somehow proves she has feelings for him? Which feelings exactly? Dread and fear? For a capable writer who gave us "Vegas", RCC surprises me, because Teyla doesn't strike me as a person who would go for a guy who causes her nightmares. *rolls eyes* As for a hug, Teyla was upset over Kate being dead, and in all honesty, there was more Kate/Teyla in that ep than Sheyla. I suppose Sheyla was never logically worked into the canon, it was forced into it, and if someone wants to censor my post for speaking my mind, then so be it. It's cool that the writers wanted to write a ship into the show, but they did it in a sucky and bad manner and I think the ship doesn't work, the way it played out on screen. Sorry. That's my opinion. The fans wanted it, but it didn't work out, and the more PTB tried to point it out, the worse it got (see Sunday and Search and Rescue for reference. And again, the kiss in Conversion was NOT romantic.)

Which amandment was the freedom os fpeech guarantee, again?
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            For something supposedly obvious, sheyla is set up very illogically in Doppleganger. Teyla dreams about John trying to kill her, he truns into the half bug being and that somehow proves she has feelings for him? Which feelings exactly? Dread and fear? For a capable writer who gave us "Vegas", RCC surprises me, because Teyla doesn't strike me as a person who would go for a guy who causes her nightmares. *rolls eyes* As for a hug, Teyla was upset over Kate being dead, and in all honesty, there was more Kate/Teyla in that ep than Sheyla. I suppose Sheyla was never logically worked into the canon, it was forced into it, and if someone wants to censor my post for speaking my mind, then so be it. It's cool that the writers wanted to write a ship into the show, but they did it in a sucky and bad manner and I think the ship doesn't work, the way it played out on screen. Sorry. That's my opinion. The fans wanted it, but it didn't work out, and the more PTB tried to point it out, the worse it got (see Sunday and Search and Rescue for reference. And again, the kiss in Conversion was NOT romantic.)

ITA....ship simply for the sake of ship does not make a good ship (does that make sense)...and writing it in just when it seems convenient is counter productive...i've said it once, i'll say it again...i never intended to ship when I watched SGA after the frustrations I had with SG1 ships...and was immediately turned off of Sheyla from the start because it felt forced to me...i ship now because i simply can't help it....Sparky's there no matter how much anyone tried to deny it or stop it....

I still haven't seen Conversion, but again I've read the transcripts...and yeah, no, not a romantic, hot steamy kiss...not even a little bit....sorry *shrug*
                            sigpic

Comment

Well, I've only tried half-heartedly, because I didn't really ever feel the need for it. They've always given me what I wanted so far...
                              And that's really the key... if the show is satisfying to the viewers, who needs fanfiction?

Bingo. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing ship on the show if it had been written well. But as we've seen time and time again throughout SG-1, SGA, and now SGU, they just can't do it right and it works better when it's just the actors' chemistry working in the background, as is the case with Sparky. So we have to turn to fanfiction.

And it's the First Amendment that guarantees freedom of speech.

Comment

I have nothing to add. Love what you said, mom.

Ah BSG...I want to cry because it's over. I never read a fic on BSG. I think I would be disappointed because like you said "They've always given me what I wanted". The characters are ambiguous and complex. That would be too hard to write about them.

ITA....ship simply for the sake of ship does not make a good ship (does that make sense)...and writing it in just when it seems convenient is counter productive...i've said it once, i'll say it again...i never intended to ship when I watched SGA after the frustrations I had with SG1 ships...and was immediately turned off of Sheyla from the start because it felt forced to me...i ship now because i simply can't help it....Sparky's there no matter how much anyone tried to deny it or stop it....

I still haven't seen Conversion, but again I've read the transcripts...and yeah, no, not a romantic, hot steamy kiss...not even a little bit....sorry *shrug*

Bingo. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing ship on the show if it had been written well. But as we've seen time and time again throughout SG-1, SGA, and now SGU, they just can't do it right and it works better when it's just the actors' chemistry working in the background, as is the case with Sparky. So we have to turn to fanfiction.

And it's the First Amendment that guarantees freedom of speech.
                                I totally agree with you but the next time I use the word "Sheyla", beat me.lol
                                I don't want to attract problems on this thread.
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X