No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

*glomps Anuna* Welcome back! Let's par-tay! *more hugs and passes out mimosas*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Eh, don't ever take that for granted. When you're young it's a little frustrating, but trust me, you start to hate when they don't even bother to ask anymore.
    Oh, it's not so bad when I think about the replacement... my mom and I are routinely mistaken for sisters.

AND THE GAME...

Common Ground

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...03/c_g0646.jpg

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...03/c_g0648.jpg

It might not have looked like it was there, but it was THERE. Even if it was crappy A/V.
    Frak yeah. There was totally some serious eye!sexin' going on there! Kolya just seems to bring out the best of it, doesn't he?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Pretty much nobody thinks the movie will be made at this point. And John hasn't been Lt. Col long enough yet. JM has already said he won't be promoted.
    Which is crazy when you consider that Carter only got promoted to Lt. Col. at the beginning of SG-1 Season 8, then got promoted to full bird Colonel sometime between the end of Season 10 and before Adrift. According to my calculations, she was only a light bird for about three years. Sheppard's already been a light bird for four years.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Oh, it's not so bad when I think about the replacement... my mom and I are routinely mistaken for sisters.

Frak yeah. There was totally some serious eye!sexin' going on there! Kolya just seems to bring out the best of it, doesn't he?

Which is crazy when you consider that Carter only got promoted to Lt. Col. at the beginning of SG-1 Season 8, then got promoted to full bird Colonel sometime between the end of Season 10 and before Adrift. According to my calculations, she was only a light bird for about three years. Sheppard's already been a light bird for four years.
      Oh but that's Carter. Yeah. She was due for light bird but the eagles were a bit too quick. We also don't know how long John was a Major and considering the screw up, I doubt he ever would have been promoted again. Essentially his promotion would be considered a field promotion and probably would be revoked if he wasn't in Atlantis. Or at least he'd have to go through the proper procedure. Heck, he's never even been to the War College.

But you know if TPTB had their way, he'd probably die a coward's death hiding from the wraith sending the John/Joe fans into a tizzy and resulting in side-spliting laughter at Bridge studios coupled with admonitions that the fans were over-reacting. A certain blog-related rant has made me a bit cranky today. *goes for more coffee*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OH YEAH. My Mom and I play tennis together on occasion and we're always getting mistaken for sisters. Which makes her go and me go

But I can't complain...too much. I guess I'm too old to be thought of as her daughter, and she looks A-MA-ZING for someone who's 63. I hope I look like her at that age.

Oh but that's Carter. Yeah. She was due for light bird but the eagles were a bit too quick. We also don't know how long John was a Major and considering the screw up, I doubt he ever would have been promoted again. Essentially his promotion would be considered a field promotion and probably would be revoked if he wasn't in Atlantis. Or at least he'd have to go through the proper procedure. Heck, he's never even been to the War College.

But you know if TPTB had their way, he'd probably die a coward's death hiding from the wraith sending the John/Joe fans into a tizzy and resulting in side-spliting laughter at Bridge studios coupled with admonitions that the fans were over-reacting. A certain blog-related rant has made me a bit cranky today. *goes for more coffee*
        I'm sure you could also say that since Elizabeth essentially strong-armed his promotion, the rank-and-file who were irritated at that will drag their feet on any additional promotion. AND Elizabeth's not there to go to bat for him again. It'd be up to Woolsey, or someone with influence like Jack.

Uh oh. JM or one of his minions spoutin' off again?
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

OH YEAH. My Mom and I play tennis together on occasion and we're always getting mistaken for sisters. Which makes her go and me go

But I can't complain...too much. I guess I'm too old to be thought of as her daughter, and she looks A-MA-ZING for someone who's 63. I hope I look like her at that age.

I'm sure you could also say that since Elizabeth essentially strong-armed his promotion, the rank-and-file who were irritated at that will drag their feet on any additional promotion. AND Elizabeth's not there to go to bat for him again. It'd be up to Woolsey, or someone with influence like Jack.

Uh oh. JM or one of his minions spoutin' off again?
          I think Woolsey would be all for the promotion. He seems to really like and respect John.

Oh yeah. Ranting on the blog about how disrespectful fans are being to the SGU actors. Almost made my head explode.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Heehee! My mom and I are exactly the same... right down to the ages.

And I suppose they wouldn't make an exception for anyone currently in a super top secret project who can't be spared to come back to Earth for the requisite time to go through the program.

I think Woolsey would be all for the promotion. He seems to really like and respect John.
            I think Jack would be, too. For all that he was playing the cranky bear routine in The Return, I think Jack probably sees a bit of himself in Sheppard and would want to give him that little push just like Hammond did for Jack.

*snorts* Ah yes, a rerun of the cowardly John painting from Harmony. That was so pathetic.

Oh yeah. Ranting on the blog about how disrespectful fans are being to the SGU actors. Almost made my head explode.
            Argh. Yeah, we've seen that before. He'll come out and rant on behalf of his favored chosen, but when it comes to any of the cast who aren't in his good graces, he'll let them hang out there twisting in the wind.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Shame. I'm glad I avoid that blog, but I think it's a perfect example of why producers should not be allowed to speak about things. Especially in sci-fi where the demos are really narrow and the fanbase is a much larger percentage of 'die-hards' to casual viewers. Tick off the die-hards by saying too much and you are looking at a serious dent in your show following.

Heehee! My mom and I are exactly the same... right down to the ages.

And I suppose they wouldn't make an exception for anyone currently in a super top secret project who can't be spared to come back to Earth for the requisite time to go through the program.

I think Jack would be, too. For all that he was playing the cranky bear routine in The Return, I think Jack probably sees a bit of himself in Sheppard and would want to give him that little push just like Hammond did for Jack.

*snorts* Ah yes, a rerun of the cowardly John painting from Harmony. That was so pathetic.

Argh. Yeah, we've seen that before. He'll come out and rant on behalf of his favored chosen, but when it comes to any of the cast who aren't in his good graces, he'll let them hang out there twisting in the wind.
              I think Jack really likes John. They'd have gotten along well. Too bad we didn't see them together more. *hugs*

Ooo...you and I seem like Carbon copies of one another. East vs. West Coast. *LOL*

Comment

Eri, about five years ago (when my eldest was a baby) I was at the store with my sister, my niece who was about five at the time, and my son...some lady asked me of ALL THREE OF THEM were my kids....my sister is 3 years younger than I am.... Now, I know she looks young (seriously, she looks about 1/2 her age if she isn't wearing makeup) and I had a few grays starting to pop up, but REALLY!? *headdesk* she still teases me about it....*grumble*

Field promotions happen all the time...and people get promoted even if they're still back home, not deployed....it happened a lot in my old Guard unit right after the war in Iraq started....and as far as I know, none of the people from the band that got promoted had to do their training (at least not yet, and they were promoted 3 or 4 years ago) - granted they're enlisted NCOs and not officers but still....if they really wanted to, they could promote John and find any explanation they wanted to cover it. they just wouldn't want to .... because, well....some people just royally suck and stuff....
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

Hi!
                  I played tennis today and I'm too tired to think.lol
                  I wanted to post a pic from "McKay and Mrs. Miller" for the game but I can't find one. I take the next episode.lol
                  This message is so useless. I'm sorry.
                  By the way, where are yunadax, KR and m-charmedatlantian?
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Hi!
                    I wanted to post a pic from "McKay and Mrs. Miller" for the game but I can't find one. I take the next episode.lol
                    Busy I think. That's the way it goes, I think.

Yay, a fellow tennis player! I played matches yesterday and the day before yesterday. We won both times, so we're going into our 3rd round of playoffs. I also play in an individual league tonight with my Mom.

Comment

Busy I think. That's the way it goes, I think.

Yay, a fellow tennis player! I played matches yesterday and the day before yesterday. We won both times, so we're going into our 3rd round of playoffs. I also play in an individual league tonight with my Mom.
                      Wow...You are a professional. I just play for the fun with my brother or with my friend. It's my favorite sport. My friend played tennis since she was 5 years. I am happy because today I almost won. Yes "almost"....lol
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Shame. I'm glad I avoid that blog, but I think it's a perfect example of why producers should not be allowed to speak about things. Especially in sci-fi where the demos are really narrow and the fanbase is a much larger percentage of 'die-hards' to casual viewers. Tick off the die-hards by saying too much and you are looking at a serious dent in your show following.
                        TPTW are ignoring that advice at their own peril, given how they seem to be trying to cater more and more to the 'casual' viewers with SGU. Sooner or later, it's gonna come back and bite 'em on the rear.

I think Jack really likes John. They'd have gotten along well. Too bad we didn't see them together more. *hugs*
                        That would've been so much fun to see!

Ooo...you and I seem like Carbon copies of one another. East vs. West Coast. *LOL*
                        Heehee! *high-fives*

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                        Eri, about five years ago (when my eldest was a baby) I was at the store with my sister, my niece who was about five at the time, and my son...some lady asked me of ALL THREE OF THEM were my kids....my sister is 3 years younger than I am.... Now, I know she looks young (seriously, she looks about 1/2 her age if she isn't wearing makeup) and I had a few grays starting to pop up, but REALLY!? *headdesk* she still teases me about it....*grumble*
                        Oooops. *chuckles*

Field promotions happen all the time...and people get promoted even if they're still back home, not deployed....it happened a lot in my old Guard unit right after the war in Iraq started....and as far as I know, none of the people from the band that got promoted had to do their training (at least not yet, and they were promoted 3 or 4 years ago) - granted they're enlisted NCOs and not officers but still....if they really wanted to, they could promote John and find any explanation they wanted to cover it. they just wouldn't want to .... because, well....some people just royally suck and stuff....
                        *snerks*

Hi!
                        Yeah, KR and m-charmed have school... yunadax is probably really busy with work; it's summer down there and prime fire season.

Comment

Wow...You are a professional. I just play for the fun with my brother or with my friend. It's my favorite sport. My friend played tennis since she was 5 years. I am happy because today I almost won. Yes "almost"....lol
                          No such! I play with recreational leagues and I've only been playing 3 years. If you almost won a girl playing since she was 5, you'd probably kick my rear.

Comment

Yeah, but that's Mary Sue Carter, and she is perfect and flawless. Did you forget she made SGA into a better show singlehandedly? *snorts* Two more years and she'd be a General or something. What? There's a rule against it? No way! It's Carter!

Oh please. I suppose it's okay to say SGA actors weren't that good, but SGU actors, well they have to be freakin' amazing, right?

It's a TV show. Which means it's fiction, which in turn means the sky is the limit. You can get away with pretty much everything, especially in sci fi, as long as your audience is properly entertained and pleased and you're making a good show (example - Bones, even if it's not sci fi). So yeah, you can get around promoting Sheppard and making him and Elizabeth hook up, despite the frat rules, or any kind of rules (hey, those guys hooked Mckay and Keller. if there's something inappropriate and even unethical, that's doctor and patient hooking up.) Long story short, PTB don't have a valid excuse for lazy,
                            unimaginative, paint by the numbers writing.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yup, it's like I said, they give a free pass to their favored chosen, and the rest are left with the scraps from the table and ignored. If they're lucky.

At least here, Sparky gets the love they deserve!

Comment

Yup, it's like I said, they give a free pass to their favored chosen, and the rest are left with the scraps from the table and ignored. If they're lucky.

At least here, Sparky gets the love they deserve!
                                Balanced writing isn't easy, but it's not that hard, especially if you're enjoying what you're writing. I just can't believe how they managed to make most of the SGA characters wallpaper - ized. You need talent to do that, I think.

Speaking of writing, I've noticed something about my writing -- I'm good with ideas, meaning I easily come up with something fairly original, but then I don't know what to do with it. I suck with plots and making the idea happen. Do you guys have any piece of advice for me?
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X