Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post

<snippage>

SK and SR your teams could end up playing each other in a bowl game. Assuming y'all win out and Florida, Alabama, and Texas lose a game or two, it might be the national championship. And Drew's Nittany Lions could match up against SK's USC in the Rose Bowl.
    Love the idea of John in the Dawg head. And now I'm picturing him wearing the Hokie Bird costume. LOL

That's a lot of "if's" you have there. I doubt Florida is going to lose. Actually we would love to play Alabama again. Revenge would be sweet. First we have to get past Georgia Tech this Sat. *prays*

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    And I did this earlier today. I blame the angsty fic that was recced. Put me in the proper mood for Angst Wednesday.

I did a poem. Title and basic idea actually came from a Buffy episode.

‘I Save You Every Night’
    Spoiler:

I don’t know if you can hear me,
    I don’t know just where you are.
    But there’s so much that needs saying:
    An ‘I’m sorry’ from afar.

Things didn’t go the way I planned,
    Things hardly ever do.
    Still never did I ever think
    That I would end up losing you.

I push on through - I’ve got no choice -
    It keeps the pain at bay.
    Yet when I close my eyes and go to sleep
    Things turn out a different way.

A hundred things done differently,
    A thousand wrong turns changed.
    Another minute, just one more…
    Our places rearranged.

I run a little faster,
    When you’re found it’s not too late.
    I grab your hand, we get away…
    It’s such a different fate.

Then I wake up and you’re gone
    And I remember how it was.
    So I live each day - like you would want,
    And I hang on because…

In my dreams I don’t give up the fight.
    In my dreams I save you every night.
    *wipes a tear* Lovely poem. Why oh why do I love angst so much?

Fluff break. This fic will perk you right up. It's a sort of crossover with House.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OK...my contribution to Angsty Wednesday...Please keep in mind that I have NOT seen Lifeline yet...I'm going off of the transcript and what I've seen in the angsty fan vids....

*looks around nervously and drops off attempt at angst*
      Never Alone

*backs out quickly*
      That was great and incredibly sad. I am now in a weird mood somewhere between broken-hearted and hysterical, thanks to...

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      Eri that was great! Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you, I've had computer problems today. Love the pics! The one with McKay looks like he's staring at her chest. (Not that I blame him ) The group shot is really cool too. The pics and fic will be saved. Because you're a good sport I made this for you.

Spoiler:

Drew that was a very angst fic. I wrote one piece of angst, it was my first angst and song fic. It's back there somewhere. I don't know if "fluff" is the way I would put it, (I'm a guy ) but I like fun sparky better too.

SK and SR your teams could end up playing each other in a bowl game. Assuming y'all win out and Florida, Alabama, and Texas lose a game or two, it might be the national championship. And Drew's Nittany Lions could match up against SK's USC in the Rose Bowl.
      That was hysterical! Thank you! If only, if only! Guess we'll see next year!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Love the idea of John in the Dawg head. And now I'm picturing him wearing the Hokie Bird costume. LOL

That's a lot of "if's" you have there. I doubt Florida is going to lose. Actually we would love to play Alabama again. Revenge would be sweet. First we have to get past Georgia Tech this Sat. *prays*

*wipes a tear* Lovely poem. Why oh why do I love angst so much?

Fluff break. This fic will perk you right up. It's a sort of crossover with House.
      Beamer ball can get past Tech. If you can manhandle Miami you can get past the Jackets.

I don't know about Florida...they are strong, but they haven't looked 'exceptional'. To me they're more beatable than they were last year, when they had Harvin. The bigger question will be if they can keep on hanging on through the rest of their schedule (South Carolina might be a challenge!) But I'd almost bet, with as much diversity in conference as we have, that someone's team will play someone else's team in a BCS bowl.

More fun!

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Yesterday, WE WIN!!!!!!!!!!
      Portugal is magic! 4.0
      I won't sing even if I want.lol

Drew: It's so sad and excellent. Keep writing, please.

Hihihi. I'm so happy to see him Saturday. hihihihi
      Oh god. I start again with the "hihihi". Sorry.lol

Pkprd and Eri: Hilarious! And I'm happy to say that today, I will have my first lesson of American Football. A friend of one of my friends plays American Football and he invited us to play with him this afternoon. I hope I will survive.lol
      Erin87: Beautiful poem.
      SK: Thanks for the rec. Halloween is funny. It's sad because we don't do this in France.

I love this rescue mission. lol

Now time for me to say ADIEU! I don't know if I will be in on piece later.lol
      Enjoy the football lesson. I can say in return, that for 'futbol', GO USA! Since we won the CONCAF division by tying Costa Rica last night.

SK, I'm on to read the Halloween one. Somehow I missed it.

And...it's back to Testament.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

thanks eri! (I'm not sure how often I'm gonna write angst...I feel bad for making everyone sad! )
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

thanks eri! (I'm not sure how often I'm gonna write angst...I feel bad for making everyone sad! )
          Meh *flicks hand* That's the point of ANGST! I'm not looking forward to downing the forum with my last 3 recaps, but what can we do? Our ship just went angsty.

Thankfully, we can have nice fluffy recs like the Halloween one, or good ol' fashioned straight up gen stuff like SR's rec. Both great guys, by the way, thanks!

Now, I'm off to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Meh *flicks hand* That's the point of ANGST! I'm not looking forward to downing the forum with my last 3 recaps, but what can we do? Our ship just went angsty.

Thankfully, we can have nice fluffy recs like the Halloween one, or good ol' fashioned straight up gen stuff like SR's rec. Both great guys, by the way, thanks!

Now, I'm off to work.
            well in that case.... today is the perfect day for angst (cold and rainy outside and i'm home sick )

and the Halloween fic is cute!
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

OUCH!
              American Football is a little violent.lol
              At the end, we played rugby. Easier for us.lol

And I did a little drawing. I don't know if it's exactly like that. I'm lost when you talk about American football. You can put colors on it if you want.

Spoiler:

drew:
              Can't wait to see your next story.
              SR: A crossover with House. My two favorite shows. I need to read it now.
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

OUCH!

And I did a little drawing. I don't know if it's exactly like that. I'm lost when you talk about American football. You can put colors on it if you want.

drew:
                Very nice! You pretty much got it perfect.

You consider American Football more violent than RUGBY? *eyebrow raise*

It's a good crossover. At first I was wary, because crossovers sometimes rub me the wrong way (canonite!) but this one was really well done. And adorable for the Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  Very nice! You pretty much got it perfect.

You consider American Football more violent than RUGBY? *eyebrow raise*

It's a good crossover. At first I was wary, because crossovers sometimes rub me the wrong way (canonite!) but this one was really well done. And adorable for the Sparky.
                  Thank you!

I never said American Football is more violent than Rugby. I don't know which one is the more violent. When I said "we played Rugby. Easier for us", I wanted to say it's easier because we know the rules and we played it when we were kids (and the Football equipment is heavy and hot.Not easy to run.lol).
                  Rugby is violent too. They have no protections. I have some bruises on my right leg because of it. We don't do all the tackles and violent actions but it was agitated.lol
                  I really like this sport. Big fan of "All Blacks".
                  sigpic

Comment

OUCH!

Spoiler:
                    http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1488&pictureid=18053

drew:
                    *squee* Love the football drawing. And *double eyebrow raise* at the Rugby is more violent comment. I guess it's in the eye of the beholder.
                    But sometimes the violence is the best part.

Ah. I just read your last post. Now I get it.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thank you SR!

And because it's my favorite team:
                      All Blacks vs Tonga

Someone wants to play rugby with them?lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Thank you SR!

And because it's my favorite team:
                        All Blacks vs Tonga

Someone wants to play rugby with them?lol
                        I just loved that. It reminds me of Ronon in Sateda. LOL
                        sigpic

Comment

Morning (or afternoon) sparkies. Probie great drawing homie! Now just add some orange, a bit of white, and big ole honkin' "T" on the helmet and it would be perfect Rugby is more violent, not mention those guys or a little off their rockers. They think wearing a cup is "girly". (Their words not mine ) Having played American football, the gear is hot and heavy. Nothing like a PO'd coach and his whistle in the sweltering heat of August two-a-days (two practices in one day). SR John in a Hokie costume would be hilarious. Maybe come bowl season we can write some funny stuff for our teams that make it to bowls. That fic was fluffier than marshmallow fluff. Drew I hope you feel better. I have time to kill before I go on midnights, maybe I'll whip up some fluff. I like writing too much to just stop *shrugs*
                          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

thanks pkprd....I'm looking forward to this afternoon when hubby gets home and I can officially be "off duty" til he has to go to work on Saturday....*fingers crossed that this isn't the flu*
                            sigpic

Comment

Anybody who hasn't yet seen this Epic Sparky Post needs to go take a look. Prepare to be amazed.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                I just loved that. It reminds me of Ronon in Sateda. LOL
                                Jason is from Hawaii. Maori were in Hawaii and NZ and others countries.
                                I saw once Jason with All Blacks T-shirt and I'm sure he can do a haka.
                                I like this haka. There are several. For the last World Cup Rugby, which happened in France, the organizers had banned one haka. All Blacks did it.
                                This haka is more violent. They are clearly referring to their desire to kill their opponents.lol The organizers were angry of course.lol
                                The haka from the vid is the soft one.
                                Oh stop me. I can speak about them during hours.lol

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                                Morning (or afternoon) sparkies. Probie great drawing homie! Now just add some orange, a bit of white, and big ole honkin' "T" on the helmet and it would be perfect Rugby is more violent, not mention those guys or a little off their rockers. They think wearing a cup is "girly". (Their words not mine ) Having played American football, the gear is hot and heavy. Nothing like a PO'd coach and his whistle in the sweltering heat of August two-a-days (two practices in one day). SR John in a Hokie costume would be hilarious. Maybe come bowl season we can write some funny stuff for our teams that make it to bowls. That fic was fluffier than marshmallow fluff. Drew I hope you feel better. I have time to kill before I go on midnights, maybe I'll whip up some fluff. I like writing too much to just stop *shrugs*
                                Give me a pic and I can made a perfect drawing.
                                So everyone thinks that rugby is more violent. I can confirm it now. My right leg is killing me.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X