Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
    Oh, and can I see a copy of the Liz in place of Teer manip too? Please?
    I don't remember where I saw it but I will try to find it.
    sigpic
    Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

My drawings

Don't forget I did this 3 years ago during my class. I made this with what I had with me (One pencil, some colors,...) in a short time. I'm unconfortable to show you that. And it's not really clear. I hope you can see correctly what I did.
      First : There are a drone, a dart and a jumper (not finished sorry)
      Second: A Wraith Queen without hands and a blue dress. Not like in "Rising" lol (like I said I'm not good for people) and a dart with strange colors.lol
      Third: the stargate ( I didn't do this in class but I don't like it) It was for one of my friend but it's not my fiend now.lol

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You can laugh now.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
        My drawings

Don't forget I did this 3 years ago during my class. I made this with what I had with me (One pencil, some colors,...) in a short time. I'm unconfortable to show you that. And it's not really clear. I hope you can see correctly what I did.
        First : There is a drone, a dart and a jumper (not finished sorry)
        Second: A Wraith Queen without hands lol (like I said I'm not good for people) and a dart with strange colors.lol
        Third: the stargate ( I didn't do this in class but I don't like it) It was for one of my friend but it's not my fiend now.lol

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

You can laugh now.
        The images aren't coming up

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
        Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
        Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
          The images aren't coming up
          Ok...but me, I can see them. I don't know how to do....There is someone who can see them?
          sigpic

Comment

Ok...but me, I can see them. I don't know how to do....There is someone who can see them?
            Can you try posting the link directly into the thread? Like post the link?

Comment

Link 1
              Link 2
              Link 3

Tell me if it works and If it doesn't work I will shoot myself of kill my computer.lol
              All this for nothing....lol
              sigpic

Comment

Link 1
                Link 2
                Link 3

Tell me if it works and If it doesn't work I will shoot myself of kill my computer.lol
                All this for nothing....lol
                There coming up with a white screen darn it!

Comment

There coming up with a white screen darn it!
                  Do you have another solution?
                  Maybe you can see them in my album on my profile...If you see my album...lol
                  sigpic

Comment

I hate computer. I understand nothing.
                    Pleaaaaaaaase, can someone tell me if you see my drawing?
                    sigpic

Comment

Do you have another solution?
                      Maybe you can see them in my album on my profile...If you see my album...lol
                      lol I checked and I can't see your album for some reason, do you have it on friends only to view it?

Comment

lol I checked and I can't see your album for some reason, do you have it on friends only to view it?
                        Maybe...you know I click on everything because I understand anything.lol
                        You can be my friend and I will pray for you can see my beautiful (lol) drawings.
                        sigpic

Comment

*bounces* I can see them now probie! *runs off to comment on them*

Comment

*bounces* I can see them now probie! *runs off to comment on them*
                            Thanks god! lol
                            Tell me what you think and be honest.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Kris, you lucky duck, you get to see Torri!

I guess this means she won't be at the Creation con in LA this November... it's on the same weekend. My dream of seeing Joe and Torri on stage together dashed for another year!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              My son spent 5 years at an AFROTC military school and then 4 years in ROTC at VA Tech. He spotted that from across the room in a millisecond. And don't even get me started on the shoes. It's not so obvious here but in HD they are obviously scuffed. But when you have a skateboarding actor, what can you do? LOL And we won't get into the wisdom of having a character wear a belly shirt to a funeral.

Spoiler:

And I don't know if you heard the AF hair story since it was a number of years ago. Evidently they contacted JF and told him if he'd cut his hair he could have a ride with the Thunderbirds. He said hell yeah but when the suits got wind of it they said hell no. But Joe got his ride anyway and talked about it for a very long time after. He was totally blown away not just by the ride he threw up but by the guys themselves. I think Ben Browder went along too. One of my favorite JF stories.
                              *alternately screams in frustration at the uniform shenanigans on SGA and dies laughing at the Thunderbirds story*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              All the uniform talk is making me fantasize about nicely dressed AF boys. Please stop. It's too early in the morning. *fans self*
                              LOL!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I like this. Teyla didn't bother me so much; Of course, my major correction would have been keeping Elizabeth; I wouldn't even have minded her getting kidnapped by the Asurans. I think she could have been an interesting plot twist for the end of the season--Elizabeth shows up, brainwashed or some such, becoming an enemy of Atlantis until someone *cough John cough* reminds her what she loves the most. I can see some amazing rescue situations, some incredible emotional moments--*le sigh* It would have been fabulous.

The replicators could have been done away with in the same way as BAMSR--heck, you could have even had Elizabeth saying she would do it, until Rodney developed FRAN--and then you had Elizabeth looking like she was the only 'replicator' left.

Of course, there would have been lots for Sam to do, because she would have had to determine whether it was safe to 'go after Elizabeth' or whether to 'kill Elizabeth' as the battles were ongoing. Maybe create strife between her and the other Lanteans who didn't want to kill Elizabeth.

And then in Season 5, Elizabeth is demoted--so you bring in Woolsey as the new head and see how Liz develops/reacts to that. She does more of a "Jackson" thing on the teams, knocks heads with Woolsey a bit, etc.

It could totally have worked out, and many episodes wouldn't have needed to change to include her. You could still have done the entire S&R series, the Michael episodes, the Carson stuff--just with Elizabeth involved somehow, and fighting her own nature of being half-replicator.

It could have been great.
                              *flails* That would've been so awesome! Clearly, the writers are getting paid too much, because if they can't come up with something this cool, they're not worth the money!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Okay folks, here we go. Brainstorm

Spoiler:
                                Mission directive: Special feature on the making of Brainstorm

MG: “Usually I'm just like whatever- words words words (rolls eyes and makes typing motion) you guys go figure out how to make this entertaining.” But with BS he wanted it to be better.

Love triangle: “There are a few detractors...why would she like him?” Jewel had to convince them. She thinks McKay is adorable not annoying. JS and DH are friends, like brother/sister, they work well together. Keller and McKay need each other. She tones him down. They give each other positive things. (And they make us puke.)

Putting Jewel in freezing water would have been difficult with any other actor. (Did he not see TS/TE?)
                                She's okay with anything. She was in there for up to an hour at a time. (Wow, that long. How did she ever survive it?)

McKay is Gero's alter ego. (Big duh)
                                It's worse... Gero WROTE The Storm/The Eye. For him, of all people, to forget about what troopers Torri, David, Joe, and Robert Davi were while shooting all those rain scenes is inexcusable.

And is it just me, or is anyone else disturbed by the fact that BS even got it's own Mission Directive featurette in addition to the episode commentary? Frankly, the episode from that disc that should've gotten a Mission Directive was Remnants. I'll take any opportunity to see more Kolya.

Spoiler:
                                Brainstorm episode:

These are his two favorite actors and characters. (Everyone who's surprised raise your hand.)

MG is in awe of Foley, Bell, Tyson and Nye. They all actually got along. Not like usually when you say people get along but they really don't. (?)

The ep was filmed at a newly constructed high school.

The network made them do something for "green week". The part with Dave Foley's character doing the dorky presentation was MG's way of poking fun.

MG: “A lot of people don't like this episode and say it's not Stargate.” (Ya think?)

Bill Nye is friends with RP.

MG: “I think I did awesome.” (No comment. Though I think I did just throw up in my mouth a little.)

He loves McKeller as a couple. She's incredibly warm and needs someone smart. Here he made a few lame jokes about nobody liking DH especially Joe and Rachel. And said it's a bummer that Rachel wasn't in this episode. (Well whose fault is that Mr. Writer? That'll teach all you Teyla fans to complain. He wanted her there. He really did.)

Jewel hated the dress she had to wear. (Well at least she has good taste.) The wonderful extraordinary Val in costuming made it to keep her warm and dry, but it was uncomfortable. (I guess her whole upper body doesn't get cold or wet. WTF?)

MG: “When an actor says 'I wouldn't say that' you say 'I created your character. I know what he would say'”. (The arrogance continues to amaze)

This was a good opportunity to have Keller make a difference. (???)

The freezing scene was shot in a refrigerator truck and this was the day they announced the cancellation. They had known about it for weeks. (!!!!!!!) But 100 episodes was a good run. It was no surprise. (I dunno. Some of the actors seemed pretty surprised.)

MG: “I love love. It's beautiful.” Katie Brown was not a good fit. McKay needed to be loved. We left the character in a better place. “When you love characters you want to see them happy together in some sort of closure.” (Guess who they didn't love.)

*snorts* Well, we all knew that Gero hated Weir, so that's no surprise. And apparently he hates Sheppard too, for all that he seemed to advocate hooking up Sheppard with another character that we can't name here.

At least Jewel agrees with us that her dress was ridiculous. And pairing those knee-high boots with it made it look even worse. *gags*

The fact that BS was basically a network-mandated episode was our best warning that this was going to be a horrible episode. But Gero's way of 'poking fun' sure fell flat. I remember that at one point, SciFi had wanted the makers of BSG to lighten up on all the dark, tragic stuff, have a happy scene. So the producers came up with a scene where the crew in the launch bay is having a birthday party for one of their coworkers. Sounds happy, right? Then there's an accident with a missile on one of the fighters going off, and several people are killed. SciFi backed off and never tried to dictate how to do BSG again. Now THAT is how to poke fun when the network is making stupid decisions.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                                So... he loves love, but he didn't think Katie and Rodney were good together? And he completely missed the fullblown natural chemistry between John and Liz...
                                Rodney and Katie were good together, they had real chemistry and they didn't make us puke. They could have gotten closure of they hadn't let Rodney chicken out of proposing to her and then letting her disappear to be never heard from again...
                                *facepalm and headdesk*
                                Actually, they didn't make Katie disappear. They had her transfer back to Earth like she was some pathetic cry baby. Which is even worse.

SR, I salute your bravery for tackling this horrific episode! *raises a glass*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X