No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, downloading program decided to finally be merciful and allow Conversion to be shipped to my computer. Have to say I was quite scared to watch it at first after all the pictures and stuff and I think that
    Spoiler:
    make-up department did an amazing job with Joe's transformation because he seriously freaked me out!

Now, as for the shippers
    Spoiler:
    I tried to think how Elizabeth might have reacted if it had been Rodney, Carson etc. infected with the virus instead of John and I just can't see her going all panicky like that for anyone else. Of course, that may just be because I'm a J/E shipper! Also, I think the moment she took before turning around to answer Caldwell's question about her and John being close was very telling. And can I just say, Caldwell is having a massive crush on our Lizzie!!

One of the final scenes with Liz and Caldwell completely cracked me up when she said
    Spoiler:
    he didn't want to make an enemy out of her.
    Go Lizzie!!

And also (nearly done with rambling) in that very last scene
    Spoiler:
    JF looked good enough to eat. Massive drooling over here...

Overall, a fantastic episode.
    When there is a will, there is a way.

My LiveJournal (friends-only)
    My fics

Sig by Trialia.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
      Hehe,
      Spoiler:
      yeah, to me, a kiss involves tongues...from both parties...not being pushed against a wall and having your lips smushed
      Call it the lip lock!
      Spoiler:
      At least Sheppard broke off first before Teyla decided to jam her knee somewhere. Or use her nonsculptured finger nails to poke at his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
        Aww poo...but your fic 'Transformation' was so good *sigh*
        Glad you liked it but it was too long and emotional to be a true smut puppy. ; ) I really do have trouble with a shorter smut but I might try a short fire/smut scene that's totally out of character and non-realistic if you guys really need it that bad.

-B

Comment

I thought that a really creepy scene with Weir and Carson discussing
          Spoiler:
          John's condition and him lying on the bed, obviously hearing every word. As soon as Carson told Weir to talk to John, he sat up.
          So chilling. No one's mentioned it yet that I could find.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbland
            Spoiler:
            I don't think the pushing Weir against the wall had any shipper in it. It reminded me more of the time Ford did the same to Carson. John's eyes looked glazed, even though you could still see a little conflict when his eyebrow twiched a little.
            Spoiler:
            Pushing Elizabeth against the wall (that was a hard slam. Again poor Elizabeth or poor Torri ) had as much "romance" in it as the lip-grabbing with Teyla. Both were agressive and disturbing . So yeah, it was not shippy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
              Spoiler:
              Pushing Elizabeth against the wall (that was a hard slam. Again poor Elizabeth or poor Torri ) had as much "romance" in it as the lip-grabbing with Teyla. Both were agressive and disturbing . So yeah, it was not shippy.

DOUBLE AGREE. He may have been a bit more wraithed out physically by the time he smashed Elizabeth around but it was the same basic aggression coming thru just manifest a bit differently.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                I'm having a 'thought' for a 'missing apology scene' between shep and weir but it's more of an emotional packed sort of thing rather than smutty.

-B
                Goody!

I want Shep to be himself if he ever puts my girl against the wall for some reason and i don't want him angry either if you catch my drift.
                Agree!
                So are you going to write it?

Comment

Oh my look at this!!!!!!!!!!1 "The Long Goodbye" spoilers
                  Spoiler:
                  (Highlight below to read):
                  NEW! August 23 - "Prep began on ... 'The Long Goodbye,' which will allow Torri [Higginson, 'Elizabeth Weir'] to flex more than her acting muscle as Weir 'opens a can of whup ass' on Sheppard."
                  (Executive producer Joseph Mallozzi, in a post at his blog)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
                  Other men said they have seen angels,
                  But I have seen thee
                  And thou art enough. True love cannot be found where it truly does not exist,
                  Nor can it be hidden where it truly does. To be in love is merely to be
                  In a state of perpetual anesthesia:
                  To mistake an ordinary young man for a Greek god
                  Or an ordinary young woman for a goddess.

SHEPPARD/WEIR SAM/JACK VALA/DANIEL 4 EVER!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sheppards2cool
                    Spoiler:
                    NEW! August 23 - "Prep began on ... 'The Long Goodbye,' which will allow Torri [Higginson, 'Elizabeth Weir'] to flex more than her acting muscle as Weir 'opens a can of whup ass' on Sheppard."

Yeah, that was posted on a while back. It should be very interesting

And Welcome to all the newbies!

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                      DOUBLE AGREE. He may have been a bit more wraithed out physically by the time he smashed Elizabeth around but it was the same basic aggression coming thru just manifest a bit differently.
                      Bearing in mind that I havn't seen any of season 2 yet. I would definately like to see a follow up to Johns actions in Conversion

Spoiler:

From what I've read, even though John nearly choked her to death, Liz was still going strong in helping him through it. Now, for her to go through something like that and still trust him completely takes a tremendous amount of commitment..and Love!
                      In the years I have been watching sg-1, I have seen so many good stories that have been forgotten in the following episode. ( Martouf...who could forget!!!)
                      I think it would be a shame if they didn't show the ramifications of John's actions towards Liz in these next few eps.
                      Will John actually remember what he did to her?
                      Will he apologise?
                      Is there even the smallest part of Liz that is afraid of him because of what he did?

What do you guys think??

-Moo...who's spelling is atroc...atro......bad
                      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Spoiler:

From what I've read, even though John nearly choked her to death, Liz was still going strong in helping him through it. Now, for her to go through something like that and still trust him completely takes a tremendous amount of commitment..and Love!

What do you guys think??

-Moo...who's spelling is atroc...atro......bad
                        I think that is the *key* in the entire episode and what some are ignoring. The most important thing to come out of this entire episode was how it highlighted just how much Elizabeth loved John. She doesn't go that berserk for anyone else to that extent folks and you all know it. She was completely irrational at times and on edge the rest.

Why make her the other half of the focus and follow *her* reaction to John's predicament thru the entire ep? Why let Caldwell ask her the question? Like Mel said, Shep/Weir is the obvious chosen relationship to follow for the audience. Does it make any sense to you that they would toss him in with Teyla or any other woman in any long-term type of major relationship when they would be forced by the nature of it to take away from their chosen primary focus relationship? Unless they're about to *majorly* change gears and do a 180, there is no way it happens.

The
                        Spoiler:
                        mouth smashing from wraithjohn to teyla
                        was allowing that teenboy fantasy to be manifest a little for the stickfighting, bellybutton bearing contingent.

-B ; )
                        Last edited by Bama; 12 September 2005, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Oh lookie, another poll for us to screw up. ; )

http://mboard.scifi.com/showflat.php...gonew=1#UNREAD

Comment

Originally posted by sheppards2cool
                            Spoiler:

Out of curiosity, has anyone asked "BAMBAM" about this episode and Torri's work in it, over at the "General Discussion Board." He's the stunt coordinator, right? I'm thinking maybe he can give us some juicy details . . . or, you know, string us along. Whichever. Personally, I don't mind either one.

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                            I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                            Spoiler:
                            Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
                              Out of curiosity, has anyone asked "BAMBAM" about this episode and Torri's work in it, over at the "General Discussion Board." He's the stunt coordinator, right? I'm thinking maybe he can give us some juicy details . . . or, you know, string us along. Whichever. Personally, I don't mind either one.
                              I asked a question regarding this ep...his reply was that he couldn't reveal anything yet but Torri rocks in it!!!

-Moo
                              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

I asked a question regarding this ep...his reply was that he couldn't reveal anything yet but Torri rocks in it!!!

-Moo
                                ohh, thanks! I was just wondering, and as for the 'Torri rocks' thing? Like we ever had any doubt!

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
                                I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
                                Spoiler:
                                Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X