Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopoony
    well, I'm asking everyone who's on the thread now. Days are getting long (I'm in holidays for a few weeks now) and I'm looking for music videos to make. But I have trouble finding songs that could fit with Sheppard and Weir. Do you know of some you would like to be made?
    I would love to see a video with U2's City Of Blinding Lights because I think that the lyrics fit perfectly which are below.

The more you see the less you know
    The less you find out as you go
    I knew much more then than I do now

(The more the team explore Atlantis, the more they realise that they have yet to discover)

Neon heart day-glow eyes (Could have shots of Liz)
    A city lit by fireflies (obviously scenes of Atlantis)
    They're advertising in the skies (Maybe images of a puddlejumper)
    For people like us

And I miss you when you're not around (Well she does!)
    I'm getting ready to leave the ground

Oh you look so beautiful tonight
    In the city of blinding lights (shots of Atlantis from The Siege)

Don't look before you laugh
    Look ugly in a photograph
    Flash bulbs purple irises
    The camera can't see

I've seen you walk unafraid
    I've seen you in the clothes you made (Those two lines just remind me of Liz)
    Can you see the beauty inside of me?
    What happened to the beauty I had inside of me? (Could have John killing the wraith)

And I miss you when you're not around
    I'm getting ready to leave the ground

In the city of blinding lights

Time...time...time...time...time
    Won't leave me as I am
    But time won't take the boy out of this man (John does have a boyish charm about him )

In the city of blinding lights

The more you know the less you feel
    Some pray for a heart of steel
    Blessings are not just for the ones who kneel... luckily.

What do ya think? It's just a suggestion and you can ignore the brackets (or it completly) if you want. I always thought that if there was one Atlantis Vid that I'd love to see, it would be one like that.

Originally posted by sallylizzie
    If you haven't read Quiet Riot (18 chapters, angst/romance) or Strange Bedfellows (25 chapters, Drama/Action/Adventure ) then they're a must.

I know most of us have read them but there's been a lot of noobies so they need rec'ing again

Angst in the form of Snow White, PG and an action/adventure/romance with adult themes called Two Days. NC17.
    Thank you! I must confess to have read the others mentioned but Snow White was a first!

Comment

Hi everyone,
      It's so nice to have a long weekend and catch up on this thread. I've been rather disappointed with the last several episodes. I wish there were more scenes between John and Elizabeth so, I can bask in their chemistry. I don't need shippiness per se, but more interaction between them would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by leafy
        If there is one FF that you have to read this month, make it this one.

Moments like this

The person who wrote it have the characters down to a tee. And the banter between W&S rocks. I found myself laughing out loud at Rodney in the last chapter.

Go now!
        I'd forgotten about this fic. I'm glad it's been updated, it really is an amazing WIP. The author is very talented in characterisation.

Comment

Hi, I saw this thread and I have to agree Sheppard and Weir should be together. In the episode The Eye I saw the major spark between them. Great thread by the way.

Icon Made By LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
            It's a bit after 10pm here. I know what you mean about having to catch up. I'll be doing the same around midday tomorrow..
            I've been hanging til ridiculous hours of the morning lately --- I'll be out by 11 tonight, I think, since I have to be up early in the morning.
            I'm so glad I discovered this site, though. You have no idea how good it is to find people who share my obsession! None of my friends are into Atlantis. Some like Stargate, but none have got into Atlantis.
            Same with me!! I'm catching up on all these posts in my lunch hour, but i only have one or two people who enjoy Atlantis as much as I do. It was so great to find this thread....

They don't know the 'goodness' that is Shep and Weir!!
            I managed to convert the one person who watches it religiously like me He saw Seige III and was totally convinced during our favourite scene
            Spoiler:
            That being THE hug btw, for those poor souls who didn't know

I'm loving it!!

Lovebar made by natz099
            My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT HAPPEND AGAIN.

ARe my witty and informative post forever destined to sit one page behind!

note: my post may not be witty or informative.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                Before i go back and read what i've missed, i'm rec'ing a vid.

Things Don't Always Turn Out That Way
                Artist: The Calling

Vids by Ohshocking and can be found here. Oh and if you haven't seen it already, check out Mr. Brightside while your there.

I think I have seen all the music videos and I have read all the fanfictions that dealt with Sheppard and Weir on the web !!!! I have seen the two vids you're talking about : Mr Brightside was hilarious, it was so great, I even kept it on my computer. Things don't always turn out that way was great too, I really loved it. Can't remember who has done it but that was brilliant.

And for the fan fictions, I have read Quiet riot, it was incredible, a very good job (I am now reading Strange bedfellows, as you suggested it )

Snoopoony
                ~~~~~~~~~~~

Save Dr Elizabeth Weir: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39466 (spoiler for Atlantis season four)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by katethegater
                  Any ideas for future projects?

I think I’ll first check what everybody suggested me.

I’m happy you liked the video, on my computer, I have some others : Crash and Burn (perfect song for this couple), Nothing’s gonna stop us now… You can find Never alone here : http://stargate-sg1.hu/atlantis/johnelizabeth/videos/. I have few others ones I wanna talk about me (a Rodney, Elizabeth and John vid) and so on and so far.

If you're interested in one of those, just tell me !
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~

Save Dr Elizabeth Weir: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=39466 (spoiler for Atlantis season four)

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I would love to see a video with U2's City Of Blinding Lights because I think that the lyrics fit perfectly which are below.

What do ya think? It's just a suggestion and you can ignore the brackets (or it completly) if you want. I always thought that if there was one Atlantis Vid that I'd love to see, it would be one like that.

I'll check it and I'll tell you how the vid is doing... I'll check everyone's suggestions. As for what you put in the brackets, I'll see when doing the vid. But thank you, that can help me not to search for hours what to put in the vid !!

I wondered if someone could help me find some clips from Letters to (or from, never remember) Pegasus. I don't have that episode and I'd like to find clips were they're all facing the camera. If someone could help me, that would be nice !! Thank you !
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterONeill
                      Could you imagine Sam and Jack hugging like ShWeir did at the beginning of season TWO? NO... so I'm quite hopeful, shippers.
                      There actually was a Sam/Jack hug at the beginning of Season Two...if you squint, they hug at the end in Seprent's Lair. But you're right, it doesn't have the same oomph as the Seige III
                      Spoiler:
                      hug - no lip licking for a start! You don't need binoculars to see it either.
                      I just hope we don't get too much too soon. /pessimism.
                      INCLUDES SPORK.

Comment

That was an excellent post Bama. I think that they will realize slowly how much they cared for each other before putting a name on that special caring. And the deniyal from John will appear on that level I think (I had a good night sleep so I can talk of John again) : as I said before, I think the main problem for John is his status but not as you may have talked on your post.

I'll just add that angle : I've been very surprised while rewatching some episodes by John's attitudes sometimes, especially when he is confronting to enemies. I mean, look at
                        Spoiler:
                        The Eye, he is completely pityless. He does not show any remorses when he thinks we're attacking what he thinks he is right. Most of the time, in any series, there's a reluctance from the hero to kill someone if he is not forced to. John wasn't forced to kill all the people he killed in The Eye. He could have simply attach them or knock them. Teyla didn't kill Sora even if she was trying to kill her. In a similar case what would John have done ? I remember also The Brotherhood : When at the end, Kolya tells John that it woud be better to kill him right now, John tells him that he won't kill him now but that if he tried again something like this, he will.
                        For me, John is not a typical soldier, he is tougher than most. And we can see that when you touches the ones he cares for, he became that pityless man (cf. The Eye). That attitude I think is shown when John does not think clearly anymore. Let me explain : Most of the time, Sheppard is a guy who thinks clearly, who thinks straight ("everything is straight in Sheppard's world McKay said in Underground), he does not need to think things for hours, he knows what to do, what to think immediately. But when he get confused, angry, he does not try to control his anger but let it come out.
                        Spoiler:
                        He was in control of himself in the Brotherhood, that's why he did not kill Kolya but in the Eye he was not in control of himself anymore and he killed all the people he could. Why that ?

Well I just think that when it comes to Weir, he does not know what he thinks that easily . If I remember correctly and if I'm not very mistaken, she's the only one who succeeds in disturbing him : first, because she is as strong headed as he is and I think she's the only one who can measure to him or surprise him (
                        Spoiler:
                        the hug in The Siege III
                        ), then because he cares differently about her. In the Eye, his disproportionate attitude is a reaction to her 'death'; when she's in danger, he does not react calmly as he should or usually does (I may be wrong, I have not seen all the episodes).

I'm coming to my point : all this analysis to say that he'll realize surely at one point what she made him do, how he react to her safety and everything else, and I think he will be afraid of that power, because I'm quite sure that he is a man who likes to be in control and this woman makes him lost all his self control ! I'm not sure John really cares that much about the nature of their job. I'm sure he will use it as an excuse not to go further with her but inside, the only reason of his denyal would be the fear of his own feelings. (because by realizing how much he cares for her, he'll think that the more he gets involved with her, the more it would break his heart if something happened to her)

Sorry for the long post.

Snoopoony
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Sorry, just posted and realised that there was more I wanted to say - pah!

I had a thought about 'Conversion' that's been flitting about my empty head like a dazed moth for the past couple of days.

Spoiler:
                          What if Sheppard hurts Elizabeth in his Wraithy form? What if he smacks her across the room or something? She's shown in the preview standing over him and saying 'Oh my God.' What if during that scene he hits her and escapes? Then we'd get Sparky Angst (TM), one guilty Sheppard and an infirmary scene. It'd also explain why Teyla has to be the one to stop him. Maybe. Perhaps.

Ooh, and some of you have been discussing other and previous fandoms. Tee! Here's my history:
                          - X-Files from a very early age up until the end of season seven. I've recently watched eight and nine though and quite enjoyed them.

- Farscape - loved all of it. What a show.

In these two I shipped Mulder/Scully (after I realised that I couldn't have him) and John/Aeryn.

- BTVS - I really enjoyed this up until the end of season 5, where I seriously think it should have ended - but kept Once More, With Feeling. Shipped Buffy/Giles. Kinkoid, I know.

I only discovered SG-1 two years ago when I was flicking channels and caught the last fifteen minutes of Divide and Conquer. I started shipping before I even knew anything about the show but caught a couple more episodes and loved it - especially Scorched Earth; I'd never really seen anything so well produced before. Bought box-sets, rest history.

I was wary about watching Atlantis because I'm generally not fond of spin-offs. Soon changed my mind and am loving every minute! The show has great potential and the same dark edge that SG-1 has. Hope it lasts as long.

Bloody hell. Long.
                          INCLUDES SPORK.

Comment

Me too. I nearly didn't watch Atlantis. I just thought, okay, I"ll give it a go. I was very happy to see the wonderful Robert Patrick! I love him! Then... well we all know what happened to him!
                            I loved John right away! And I was drawn to the Rodney character, despite not being into him at all before on Stargate.
                            I first watched Atlantis with little expectations. I like SG-1, don't get me wrong but I didn't watch enough eps in the earlier series' to get shippy (although I do believe that S/J are made for each other) and so I assumed that I would feel the same way about a spin-off.
                            But boy was I wrong!

And now I'm hooked...

I too loved John (and Liz) straight away. I sometimes wonder if I would have missed the "W/S boat" if the eps were in a different order, but I've come to realise that the answer is no. Why?

Because I still would have seen 38 mins and The Storm/The Eye (Not to mention The Siege Pt 2&3) and so I would still have seen the sparkage between our fave couple. Even if I had been begining to root for a different ship (not that I was ) I don't think that I could ignore the growing bond between them.

And lets face it, those who do try to ignore it... well. Who are they kidding?

Usually those who do claim to ignore the shippyness critisize it instead, projecting their fears for their ship or their fears that there might actually be ship in a sci-fi show onto the most obvious one. W/S.
                            Then this fear turns into hate... etc.

I rest my case. *ends rant*

As for Torri ---- she's fabulous. No other word for it!
                            And so say all of us.

Originally posted by snoopoony
                            I'll check it and I'll tell you how the vid is doing... I'll check everyone's suggestions.But thank you, that can help me not to search for hours what to put in the vid !!
                            No prob! And however the video turns out and whatever song you chose to use there will always be shippers here to watch it for you.

Comment

I too loved John (and Liz) straight away. I sometimes wonder if I would have missed the "W/S boat" if the eps were in a different order, but I've come to realise that the answer is no. Why?

Because I still would have seen 38 mins and The Storm/The Eye (Not to mention The Siege Pt 2&3) and so I would still have seen the sparkage between our fave couple. Even if I had been begining to root for a different ship (not that I was ) I don't think that I could ignore the growing bond between them.
                              When I heard that they were going to show the spin off of Stargate I made some researches on the web and I took a look at what was said and I read that Teyla was originally Sheppard's love interest. Then I saw the episode and I thought that I didn't care that much if Sheppard and Teyla went together if the character of Teyla get more developpement from the writers. And then I saw Thirty Eight minutes and wondered a long time about that "I'd like to say something while I still can". And I found it strange but not getting more in the subject. And then I watched The Storm and The Eye and I was "oh my God, what's this idea of getting him with Teyla, he just wants Weir !!!" and as I kept seeing the show, I just understood that Sheppard and Weir were my ship !!

And lets face it, those who do try to ignore it... well. Who are they kidding?
                              Still, I don't want to sound pessimistic but there's one thing you have to know about me : I bring bad luck. All the ships I've wished to happen never happened. I even took the decision not to ship any more because I knew I would just break my heart (but I made that promise after shipping Sheppard and Weir so they're my only ship who still has a chance to happen). I'm confident but still I was confident before for all my ships and I was very wrong . I hope you have good vibrations guys because with me on your side, you're not very lucky (but hey don't throw me off that thread )
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie
                                Okay this is completely OT but it's so that i have to share.
                                In the last 9 days my mums bf got held at gunpoint while working in a post office, the fire alarms went off in the police station while he was making his statement, then on his way home a transit van pushed him 60 yards up the motorway and wrote off his car, mum lost her job and then today, a car comes speeding down our road, hits 5 cars inc a stretch limo then crashes THROUGH our wall and ends up in our front garden!!!
                                That's tough!!!! A bit tooo much for one family! And I thought I'm ill-stared (a week ago, a car crashed in my (and 3 other) parked cars in front of me->mine's write off. and well yeah, my dad lost his job too

Comment

Working...
                                X