Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    This is the shot I want the show to end on...the two of them standing on the balcony of Atlantis looking out over the city as the camera pans slowly toward them -except I want John's arms around her from behind with her leaning her head into his shoulder as she gives a satisfied sigh so that the audience will realize that John and Liz realize that together, they've done something great for the universe and that together as a real couple in every sense, they're building their own future on Atlantis...their home.

-B
    Sweet ending. But wait, we still have a long, long way to go 'till then!

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
      Sweet ending. But wait, we still have a long, long way to go 'till then!
      Oh, wait...

forget it. TPTB already had a canon romance in mind...

So, instead of Eliz. and John standing on the balcony, it will be Teyla and John looking out across the city...

I guess Eliz. will be busy in her office doing paperwork...

So..NOT. ; )

But I can also see *this*...

Ronon, muscles bulging, stands in a field and swings an axe over his head splitting firewood. He pauses to wipe sweat from his brow and his face transforms as he sees something coming toward him in the distance.
      "Daddy! Daddy! Can we practice swords?" A darling little brown eyed toddler boy races toward him and he swings him up in his arms. On his heels is a very pregnant Teyla gracefully walking up. She reaches down to ruffle the little boy's hair as his father puts him on the ground. "Now, run along...your father and I have something important to discuss...you may play at swords later." As the little boy runs off to play, Ronon slips his arm around Teyla and leans down to give her a lusty kiss. Together, arm in arm, they both turn and watch the growing number of their people as they work the land together-now safe from a wraith threat due in part to their work...

-B ; )

Comment

Aww that's so lovely! It could follow the scene with John and Elizabeth on the balcony! You should write another fic B *wink*

Comment

Coffee or tea anyone?

Comment

Coffee or tea anyone?

John: Why is my cup so small?

Elizabeth: You want the bigger mug? Come and get it.
            ~Athena

Comment

I'll take a nice cup if tea before i go to bed, thanx

Hee, guess what's been updated? Strawberrys! Yay.

Bama, i too learnt the hard way not to eat/drink while reading Zero.Point.Snark. Poor keyboard Oh and my fave line had to be Teenage Mutant Hero Ronon. ROTFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie

Bama, i too learnt the hard way not to eat/drink while reading Zero.Point.Snark. Poor keyboard Oh and my fave line had to be Teenage Mutant Hero Ronon. ROTFLMAO
                Hee. I've learned generally not to drink things while chatting with Little Red. She's quite entertaining.
                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                Last update: 14 April 2006
                Melyanna's Multimedia
                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Size DOES matter.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie

Don't mean to be an anal spelling nazi, but should'nt that be Strawberries?

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

OK...this is probably beyond anal of me but I taped the Lost City 1 and 2 tonite of sg-1 where they introduced Weir and let me just say, THANKYOUFROMTHEFRIGGINBOTTOMOFMYHEART! to whoever made the call to swap actresses on Eliz. Jessica Stein is not a bad actress by any means but she doesn't *not* have the presence to carry off the role of Weir like Torri does. Jack ate her alive in his scenes with her so I couldn't see her standing up to John or even Rodney with much more believability.

I must say, not having seen the origin of the role before, that it was interesting to learn some of her professional background that I'd previously only seen in print however. I *did* notice that her job description-as given by President Hayes-was to broker 'deals' within the galaxy with allies. Only Carl Bender seems to fully grasp that yet however. Note to writers-Get her ass out from behind the handhelds and coffee cups and get her out into the bleepin galaxy doing this more!

And honestly, shippers, I couldn't see Jessica's 'Weir' gettin frisky with John. Perhaps it's because I never got see her Weir opposite him but I have to wonder if during the screen testing, after Joe was decided on as the lead man, if they didn't see that chemistry was a problem. Or it could have been as simple as Jessica didn't want to commit to the series. I dunno and I'd appreciate any of you old heads fillin me in. I *do* think TPTB got more than they bargained for in the Torri/Joe dynamic duo though and now, the ball is really in their court to develop the natural chemistry and find creative ways to use/bounce each of their characters 'off' of each other the best.

-B ; )

Comment

There's never been official word on why Jessica Steen was dropped from the role, as she says she was ready to commit to the series, but the rumors were that she wasn't willing to play the part as seriously as TPTB wanted her to. That's why the transition from Lost City to New Order was so hard for some people — Steen!Weir was rather quirky around everyone, while Higginson!Weir was really only open with Daniel, and only in private. I have to say that I much prefer Torri in the part, and have since the first time I saw her onscreen.

Of course, I do love the scene in Lost City where Jack asks her "Who are you, and why are you here?" Jack clearly got that she wasn't on Kinsey's side and that she had the potential to lead, and I think John understood that too, though to a lesser degree. That's why they challenged her, but didn't try to overthrow her. They both forced her into a corner because that's when one acts. She wasn't prepared for what she was thrown into, and she just needed a shove to get herself out of her uncertainties.
                        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                        Last update: 14 April 2006
                        Melyanna's Multimedia
                        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                          There's never been official word on why Jessica Steen was dropped from the role, as she says she was ready to commit to the series, but the rumors were that she wasn't willing to play the part as seriously as TPTB wanted her to. That's why the transition from Lost City to New Order was so hard for some people — Steen!Weir was rather quirky around everyone, while Higginson!Weir was really only open with Daniel, and only in private. I have to say that I much prefer Torri in the part, and have since the first time I saw her onscreen.

Of course, I do love the scene in Lost City where Jack asks her "Who are you, and why are you here?" Jack clearly got that she wasn't on Kinsey's side and that she had the potential to lead, and I think John understood that too, though to a lesser degree. That's why they challenged her, but didn't try to overthrow her. They both forced her into a corner because that's when one acts. She wasn't prepared for what she was thrown into, and she just needed a shove to get herself out of her uncertainties.
                          Glad to see I'm not the only east coaster up late tonight. I had my nap on a trip to Birmingham this evening so I'm making the most of my late night tv viewing. I haven't seen New Order yet and I assume that's Torri's first stab at the role? I'll have to try and watch for it in syndication. BTW, is it the next ep after lost city 2? I know jack gets out of his iceberg coma, hammond gets his sg command back from weir and they must determine exactly 'where' atlantis is and how to go about getting there in the ep getting us to the 'take off' point we see in the atlantis series premiere movie. And, just as a totally fluff question-since jack resigned to sam in lost 2, do they get to have a 'moment' in the next ep? It sure seemed set up for it. Lost city 1/2 had to be a jack/sam shipper's delight.

As for your comments on the Weir character, first off, thanks. I actually liked most of the written lines for Weir and those around her in the episodes, I just didn't think that she carried off the responsibility angle of it as well as she needed to. It was little crap to me. Like she had on this 'thumb' ring in lost city 2 that kept distracting me from the fact that she was learning she was to be over the entire friggin stargate command! I just didn't 'buy' that Stein's 'Weir' ever felt the real 'gravity' of the situation she was placed in. And, she really wanted to play Weir 'Quirky'?! WTH? The natural placement of the character doesn't allow for that kind of portrayal. I have to see TPTB's point on this one. I like how Torri's 'Weir' tries to maintain professionalism but she does let the fact that she's got a sense of humor slip in at times. I know they were trying to show that Stein's 'weir' had a chance to be a good leader with the last scene in lost two but I just never felt that she had the 'gravity' of the situation or position in hand quite well enough. And, I really enjoy how 'closed' Elizabeth is naturally to everyone except John. It gives her character a real 'edge' about her that comes across very real.

TPTB obviously caught something they felt could be improved on and they got it when they found Torri imo.

-B ; )

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                            Glad to see I'm not the only east coaster up late tonight. I had my nap on a trip to Birmingham this evening so I'm making the most of my late night tv viewing. I haven't seen New Order yet and I assume that's Torri's first stab at the role? I'll have to try and watch for it in syndication. BTW, is it the next ep after lost city 2? I know jack gets out of his iceberg coma, hammond gets his sg command back from weir and they must determine exactly 'where' atlantis is and how to go about getting there in the ep getting us to the 'take off' point we see in the atlantis series premiere movie. And, just as a totally fluff question-since jack resigned to sam in lost 2, do they get to have a 'moment' in the next ep? It sure seemed set up for it. Lost city 1/2 had to be a jack/sam shipper's delight.

-B ; )
                            Yup, "New Order" is the first time we see Torri in the role of Weir and yup it is the episode right after "Lost City 2" since "lost city" was the season 7 finale and "New order 1 & 2" were the Season 8 premiere.

As for the scene where Jack "Resigns" to Same in Lost City...no, nothing happened in the next episode since during this time she was still dating someone else.
                            ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                              OMG! How fantastic would Vancouver be? In their home town! Do they get more of the cast to conventions in Vancouver?
                              I understand it can't be cheap --- they have a lot of costs to cover. It's a lot of money to fork out at once though, if you have kids to consider. Plus in a place like Australia, which is so big, and only a couple of the capitals have conventions, lots of people fly from all over the country to go to them.
                              Come to Vancover next year folks! I'm going to be *living* there (and then eventually wondering aimlessly across the rest of Canada for kicks). I'd love to make the Vancouver con and bump into you all!
                              INCLUDES SPORK.

Comment

Don't mean to be an anal spelling nazi, but should'nt that be Strawberries?
                                Mrs Williams!? Is that you? No, your right, it should be but give a girl a break, i typed that at 2:10am after finishing a double shift

Woo! One more week till Conversion. Well, for some of you guys anyway...for me it's more like two months I am really looking forward to this one and i love how they have set it up aswell, making sure they have enough time to give the story it's deserved depth. Obviously, i can't wai tto see the interactions between JohnLiz but i'm also looking forward to seeing how the others react to him, especially Teyla.

I bought the new Michael Jackson CD the other day I'm looking down the track list and there's this song called In The Closet. That in itself made me laugh (Mum just ignored me, i think she's used to me laughing at obscure things now) then i read the lyrics and it's actually quite fitting, and i though this line was perfect for John and Lizzie:

For Now We'll Make A Vow
                                To Just
                                Keep It In The Closet

Comment

Working...
                                X