Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Pops in, waves enthusiastically*

Hello Sparkies! RL still too dang busy. I've been lurking, reading like mad, trying to catch up. Wish I could jump in on all the GREAT discussions you've been having lately, but my days are a blur.

I'll at least share some Sparky Love before I leave....
    Spoiler:

sigpic
    Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      True, I'm part of a Star Trek fanclub and our members are about 50/50 women and men. Most of them are married and have kids and have decent jobs. We even have a couple of doctors and lawyers among our members. We have a few 40 year old guys (and girls) that still live with their parents, but they are a great minority. Same goes for the other sci-fi clubs I know here (Star Wars, Stargate, ...)
      Just ignore the fact I speak Klingon

Thank you, Southern Red, Eri13 and Reiko!!!
      When I was in high school most of my friends read Sci Fi. In those days it was Tolkien, Clarke, Bradbury, Heinlein etc. And imagine my delight when I discovered the Princess of Mars book and the world of Barsoom. If you haven't read those books by Burroughs, run don't walk to find them. One of my great sorrows is that they haven't been made into movies.

Now we are all grown up and still reading and watching Sci Fi. Only now we have tons of disposable income and are just looking for someplace to spend it. But because we have a few gray hairs, nobody wants us. *iz sad*
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Made this today. Let me know if anyone wants to snurch!

~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post

I LOVE it!!!

I'm still reading other posts, but this is too important to pass:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISRUSSEL!!!!

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

That is made of win! Lovely!
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Eri, darling, did you get my e mail?

Comment

http://i693.photobucket.com/albums/v...nothingsig.jpg
                Lovely lovely lovely.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies!

First off... Happy Birthday to KrisRussel!

*throws confetti and passes out cupcakes*

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  Ironic, because that's who it seems SGA lost...
                  In-very-deed.

Jennifer Keller is not a character. She is a yo-yo with boobs.
                  Hell, TPTW have treated all the female characters like yo-yos. Shoehorn them into whatever illogical and out-of-character behavior they need for a specific story, and throw them in the garbage when they're no longer needed.

Word. I hate that SciFi is still regarded as a 'boy's genre' and consists of young men and 40-year old boys who live in their mother's basement and speak Klingon. The lack of women on SGA staff -- especially the way JM and Co shrug it off that 'they have had women but they don't give them what they want' -- may have contributed to SGA's eventual demise.

BTW, one of my favourite episodes was cowritten by a woman, but whenever that happens they seem to disappear.
                  Yeah, what is up with that? Are they that afraid that they're gonna be beaten by a girl who writes better scripts than they do?

Oh wait... maybe they do have reason to be afraid. Because judging just from the fanfiction I've read that's been written by women, we've definitely coming up with better material than they have for years.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Now we are all grown up and still reading and watching Sci Fi. Only now we have tons of disposable income and are just looking for someplace to spend it. But because we have a few gray hairs, nobody wants us. *iz sad*
                    Word! It is a business, which means it's all about money. So you'd think they'd be falling all over themselves trying to come up with great stories for great characters to entice us to spend our money on their tie-in merchandise, but nooooo...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Wow! That is a beautiful sig! And the quote is oh-so appropriate!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        I LOVE it!!!
                        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        That is made of win! Lovely!
                        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Lovely lovely lovely.
                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Wow! That is a beautiful sig! And the quote is oh-so appropriate!
                        Thanks guys! I haven't actually seen S5, but I got tired of waiting and so kinda found out what happened. I was listening to the song the text comes from and the sig just came to me

It is odd that sci-fi is considered a boy genre. It is after all just another kind of fantasy, which is quite feminine. Though I must say, sometimes sci-fi isn't as shippy and character-orientated as I would like, so maybe the boy genre theory has a point. Apart from with Dr Who! I watched an ep t'other day and was like "this is one of the shippiest shows I've ever seen"! We Brits love our ship!
                        ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

I LOVE it!!!

I'm still reading other posts, but this is too important to pass:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISRUSSEL!!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know just how to make my b-day even better *grins*
                          Thank you (((hugs)))

And thank you Scary Kitty

Sig by me

Comment

Eri, darling, did you get my e mail?
                            Oooo...email?

*goes to check*

*returns*

I DID! Thank you! Loved the attached ficlet, too! Powerful stuff!
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
                              I like Teyla, but I don't identify with her. I don't wear skimpy clothes (it's too cold in Wisconsin!) and don't run around like an action heroine or have Wraith genes.
                              Teyla is a lot more than just that. You just have to look harder for it, that's all. Or be willing to look harder.

Jennifer Keller is not a character. She is a yo-yo with boobs.
                              *snort*

I'd love to snerch but I have no place to use it. It's very pretty.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                Oooo...email?

*goes to check*

*returns*

I DID! Thank you! Loved the attached ficlet, too! Powerful stuff!
                                Heee, I'm glad you liked! Will you write? *winkwink*

Comment

Working...
                                X