Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    No, John wasn't dreaming. He was hallucinating - the S5 opening scene starts as a romantic dinner, where it's obvious Joe/John is trying not to laugh, because Teyla's hair reminds of Pebbles Flinstone. Then, suddenly Ford pops up and in the next moment we see John bleeding and under a pile of rubble. He was knocked on the head and hallucinating, probably because of guilt, because Teyla was missing and he was supposed to save her. John probably feared she will share Ford's and Elizabeth's fate.
    Hmmm, so, the PTB still had some sheyla thoughts that were jettisoned once they found out Rachel was pregnant. I wish the season 5 episodes were available on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
      Hmmm, so, the PTB still had some sheyla thoughts that were jettisoned once they found out Rachel was pregnant. I wish the season 5 episodes were available on DVD.
      It's a hallucination, after John was knocked on the head. And that makes it so funny because:

A) he needed to be knocked on the head and bleeding to "dream" about Teyla

B) hallucinations aren't rational. People often hallucinate the scariest things possible. Yes, I know what I'm saying, I'm a psychologist and it's my way or highway
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Feel free to friend me ( http://anuna-81.livejournal.com/ ), and I'll show you some of my reviews for that "romantic" dinner scene. You'll have a good laugh.
        Thank you! I will do it tomorrow. Can't remember the password!

Comment

I'm making it my drabble a thon assignment, next to John and Sumner chit chat ficlet.

Sparky dreams SK!!!
          John/Sumner chit chat? I look forward to that one. It'd be interesting to see how the show would've ended up with Sumner still there, and how it would've altered the whole dynamic
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            John/Sumner chit chat? I look forward to that one. It'd be interesting to see how the show would've ended up with Sumner still there, and how it would've altered the whole dynamic
            Eh, it's going to be Vegas based, but I think you'll like it nevertheless. But, you've just given me an idea.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

It's a hallucination, after John was knocked on the head. And that makes it so funny because:

A) he needed to be knocked on the head and bleeding to "dream" about Teyla

B) hallucinations aren't rational. People often hallucinate the scariest things possible. Yes, I know what I'm saying, I'm a psychologist and it's my way or highway
              Hilarious! I can totally buy this. It must have played funny on screen although stupid PTB can't resist dropping those anvils. They certainly did it enough times on SG-1, but still after all these years Sam and Jack never officially got together.

Comment

Eh, it's going to be Vegas based, but I think you'll like it nevertheless. But, you've just given me an idea.
                That makes sense, given the whole 'what would've been' thing. If it helps, if Sumner was still alive, I assume John would have a little more leeway with a certain high powered relationship. And it would REALLY piss Sumner off
                sigpic

Comment

That makes sense, given the whole 'what would've been' thing. If it helps, if Sumner was still alive, I assume John would have a little more leeway with a certain high powered relationship. And it would REALLY piss Sumner off
                  Sumner would have really pushed John's buttons. Remember that scene in Rising just before they are about to enter the gate to go to the Pegasus galaxy and Sumner whispers "I'll be watching you boyo." John stresses for awhile than pulls it together and smirks as Elizabeth walks by about this being a civilian led expedition. JF is brilliant in that scene. John would have an ally in Elizabeth, the Leader, which is something I think he has never really had before.

Have to go to sleep. Good night all.

Comment

Sumner was great. He had a thinly veiled contempt for Shep, but was actually good at his job and very courageous. "It's his name" still makes me laugh. Of course they couldn't have an actor of his notoriety there, as the star is supposed to be Joe.

It's possible they would join together to fight/challenge Sumner over some of his decisions. The military/civilian aspect would be played up a lot more
                    Last edited by gateraid; 31 January 2009, 11:53 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Have a look at this. If you put on those special goggles, they look like they're holding hands. Facing danger together until the bitter end

And just for fun:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                      As much as I admire your enthusiasm, now is not the time for a quickie
                      Last edited by gateraid; 08 February 2009, 12:47 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Have a look at this. If you put on those special goggles, they look like they're holding hands. Facing danger together until the bitter end
                        [ATTACH]7759[/ATTACH]

And just for fun:

Spoiler:
                        [ATTACH]7758[/ATTACH]
                        Spoiler:
                        *dies laughing*

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

[ATTACH]7759[/ATTACH]

And just for fun:

Spoiler:
                          [ATTACH]7758[/ATTACH]
                          Spoiler:
                          ROFL.. thats so cute... the quickie comment I mean

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Darn. We'll miss you two! But, Happy Early Birthday, Kris, and good luck at your competition, yunadax!
                            I'll miss you guys too! The post-a-thon's are always so much fun!
                            And thanks for the early b-day wishes

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              I'm still hoping they can get Joe and Torri for the con down here in LA in November... I've heard talk that they want to get both of 'em.[/SIZE]
                              November you say?
                              *starts saving money to afford a plane ticket*
                              If both are coming, I'm so going too!!

Sig by me

Comment

somehow I dont think hubby is gonna like the $3000plus airfare to the states coming out of our house fund.... there's no way in hell I'm missing AT in Melbourne though!!

Happy Birthday Kris!

I just saw the weather forecast for next weeks showjumping comp... 42C.. EEP.. I might stay home and do the postathon instead in that head.. ICK!

Comment

Working...
                                X