Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No you didn't.
    I love the end. It's not too much of happiness...
    if you know what I'm trying to tell you.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      As I recall,
      Spoiler:
      Mallozzi posted on his blog that apparently, the so-called 'storyarc' that was supposedly planned for Weir (and based on his subsequent comments, I now strongly suspect that the claims of an arc were nothing more than empty words to try to shut up the fans) was being hashed out by Binder and Paul Mullie (who, as we all know, is the one who ordered Elizabeth's execution). So I pin the blame for the ending and all the stuff we didn't like about GitM on Mullie; if he was willing to kill off Elizabeth, it sure sounds pretty likely that he was the one to screw up the rest. I definitely agree with you that it was Binder's writing and JoeF's (and Michelle Morgan's) acting that kept GitM from being a total clusterfrak.
      Oh I totally agree... The episode was made bearable purely because of the high level of writing (yay for Binder) and the acting of Joe and Michelle... I blame the rotten parts on Mullie too...
      But it's still going to take a while before I consider watching it again... and I got this annoying little plot bunny nibbling on my toes

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        *dies*

OMG, I inspired that with my story?! I am left totally and completely speechless! Thank you so much for making and sharing those - I enjoyed writing that story, I really did, it was told from the heart (obviously, I just loved the episode in question). Seeing that someone made art so beautiful because of that story.... I just have no words. Wow. Wow, wow, wow!
        Originally posted by Luciana View Post
        Believe me. You are the inspiration for that one.
        I wouldn't have done it without the fic.

I got that very special feeling after reading it and was in the right mood.
        Took some time to find the perfect pic of Lizzy (although that one isn't really Lizzy),
        but I think the time I spend searching was worth it.
        See, this is what I love about Sparky. One person writes a fic, and someone else is inspired by that fic to make some artwork, or a video, or a music mix... We just feed off each other (in a good way!), and Sparky fandom keeps growing!

*hugs Anuna and Luciana, 'cause they rock*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Oh I totally agree... The episode was made bearable purely because of the high level of writing (yay for Binder) and the acting of Joe and Michelle... I blame the rotten parts on Mullie too...
          But it's still going to take a while before I consider watching it again... and I got this annoying little plot bunny nibbling on my toes
          You and me both!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I just said to Anuna we two are doing great teamwork.

*yay* *grouphuggles*
            sigpic

Comment

A bit of annoying news: Dunno if any of you have heard yet, but apparently, Kavan Smith reported at Pegasus 4 in London over the weekend that the SGA movie is on hold at the moment due to the economic slowdown. There's a bit more about this over in the Shep Whump thread.

So, SGU goes forward, the SG-1 movie is apparently going forward... but SGA gets screwed again. Gee, why does this not surprise me?
              I said this would happen all along. If this turns out to be true, I think it's the end of SGA. I have to think about how that makes me feel.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*hugs the whole thread*

Must go now, but hopefully be back later!
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I said this would happen all along. If this turns out to be true, I think it's the end of SGA. I have to think about how that makes me feel.
                  I'll tell you how that makes me feel - quite okay. We are left to think of an ending we damn please, and in my case - John maes certain to be annoying enough to go back for Liz!
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

You and me both!
                    Me Three!

I'll tell you how that makes me feel - quite okay. We are left to think of an ending we damn please, and in my case - John maes certain to be annoying enough to go back for Liz!
                    I agrees with 'Nuna. I wasn't planning on watching the movies anyways, so John single, alone, and last we checked, in mourning? I'm okay with that. He so goes to get her back in unstated canon future.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Yeah I agree. But in doing a bit of lurking I find that people have taken a remark at the con and run with it. It could mean that pushing back filming of the movie to later in the summer is the plan. JM will probably clarify. In the meantime less speculation is better.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I think it'll be the end of Stargate, period. The fandom's already up in arms over SGA getting shoved aside to make room for SGU and the unapologetically rude response from TPTW (I'm looking at you, Brad Wright!), and now that the movie's been put on hold, ostensibly for "economic reasons" while SGU and apparently the SG-1 movie go forward? Oh, the hate and discontent will know no bounds.

I've been considering canceling my registration for Comic-Con 2009 in July; I wasn't interested in going to an SGU panel and I figured there wouldn't be an SGA panel at all since the earliest they'd start filming the movie would be after Comic-Con, so they wouldn't have anything to talk about on that front... But now, I may keep it and go after all. It'd be interesting to see if there's a wank explosion at whatever Stargate panels do get scheduled.

Hell yeah!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                        I agrees with 'Nuna. I wasn't planning on watching the movies anyways, so John single, alone, and last we checked, in mourning? I'm okay with that. He so goes to get her back in unstated canon future.
                        You betcha. Virtual Season 6, here we come!

Comment

Yeah I agree. But in doing a bit of lurking I find that people have taken a remark at the con and run with it. It could mean that pushing back filming of the movie to later in the summer is the plan. JM will probably clarify. In the meantime less speculation is better.
                          The thing is, it was already mentioned some time ago that the movie was getting pushed back to release in 2010 (along with SGU's premiere getting pushed to this fall instead of summer). But this latest tidbit makes it sound like they're not even sure about 2010 now.

Comment

Questions for 'The Return, Part 1'

1) "The Return" was a 'mid-season two-parter'--those fabled 'epic' episodes which are supposed to keep an audience chomping at the bit over a long break. How does "The Return" rank among the other 4 SGA mid-season two parters? (Which include: S1: The Storm/The Eye; S2: The Lost Boys/The Hive; S4: This Mortal Coil/Be All My Sins Remember'd; S5: First Contact/The Lost Tribe)

2) Did you like the concept of the McKay-Carter Intergalactic Bridge? Why or why not?

3) In the Return, part 1 were you surprised at how quickly the Atlantis Expedition was ousted from the city?

4) What did you think of Helia and the Ancient contingent? Did you believe? How do they compare to some of the Ancients/Ascended you've run across in SGA and SG-1?

5) Do you believe Elizabeth really would have had a difficult time 'letting go' had she been a part of the discussions or made ambassador to Atlantis?

6) Who was the most out of character for you of the group who returned home? Or did you think they were in all in character? Either way, explain why.

7) Did you like the humor moments in this episode? Which was your favorite? ('cheeky' at The Dinner, the John/Ronon hug, the World of Warcraft scene, wee baby turtles, John's cutting off General Landry, etc).

8) Why do you think the writers put Ladon Radim in a random meeting with Teyla and Ronon?

9) Some discussion has already been made about Elizabeth carrying a P-90 when dressed out in her BDU's. Let's presume for a moment that John thought it was necessary, her being a part of a 'rescue squad'. What do you think Elizabeth's initial response would have been, and why would John have made her?

10) Were you glad to see Jack O'Neill in this episode? If you were an SG-1 watcher, why or why not? Or, if you didn't know who he was, what did you think of him?
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                              I was browsing the Atlantis gallery and found this one of sparky. It's a new one because I remember thinking back when they came out that I wanted them to be closer and hey look there was one were they actually are. This made me so happy.

I loooove that picture!!!
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

I second that. As much as GitM made all of us grind our teeth and breathe fire, it also gave us some absolutely juicy Sparky moments that we've been feasting on ever since. And if the non-shippers can see it too... well, that just says something about the power of Sparky.
                                *sighs happily* Yeah...
                                Sparky will rule the world!
                                sigpic
                                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Working...
                                X