Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    And I have a fic for you guys! Not long, very subtly sparky - sh, but I hope you'll like it.

For, you, Eri. The prompt you gave me was just awesome! It's not long, but it was written with 100% inspiration and I love when that happens.

"Extraordinary soldiers"

Spoiler:

Acastus Kolya is an extraordinary soldier. All his youth and adult life he aimed to attain military excellence, and in his best years, he is much more than just a soldier – he is a leader, commander and a strategist of unparalleled skill. Coming across of another extraordinary soldier whose qualities match his own is a quite rare occasion.

In Kolya’s experience, a good, utile soldier should be taught, trained and able to read people. He or she should be able to notice what makes the enemies care, what makes them desperate; what makes them stop caring all completely – and should that happen, a good soldier is supposed to plan the best course of action and decide how to effectively neutralize the enemy.

In Kolya’s experience, most desperate soldiers are fairly defeatable – sooner rather than later they make a mistake that costs them their lives.

But when Major John Sheppard kills sixty of his men in complete and unexpected ruthlessness, and successfully avoids every attempt of capturing, Acastus Kolya knows he had met his match. The desperate John Sheppard who has nothing to lose had ceased to care indeed, but unlike most people, he becomes a precise and deadly weapon wielded in the unforgiving hand of revenge. He will not make a mistake, not a single one. John Sheppard is, quite obviously, an extraordinary soldier himself.

Acastus Kolya also knows that a desperate man like John Sheppard with nothing to lose cannot really be defeated. If Kolya is to defeat him and win this fight, he ought to make him care again.

Upon looking at Doctor Weir and her face pale with cold, Acastus Kolya knows there is one single way to make John Sheppard care. Only then does he stand a chance against a formidable enemy like him.
    WOW!! NICE!! Absolutely awesome!! WOW!! I'm not kidding, even though it's short, its' amazing! Post it somewhere so I can nominate it for the awards!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Good thoughts. I'm not entirely sure I don't want him to be alone either. It just seems so John. But we don't know for sure from what we learned in Outcast
      Spoiler:
      that Nancy was married. She is listed in the script as Nancy Sheppard and it's never stated that she and Grant are married. They may just be involved. So easy to fix. The plan was to have her move from Homeland Security to Homeworld Security and come to evaluate Woolsey. Also very doable.
      They would never stoop to servicing fans. LOL They have callously ignored all the shipper groups plus the pleas of John's fans who want more of him. They won't suddenly do an about face now and focus on him.

Love the fic and so true. How do you think John would have developed as a character if Weir had died in Kolya's attack? Would dark!John have appeared at that point or would he have adjusted? He lost Ford, got very upset about it, but it didn't stop him from being the old cocky, teasing John for most of the next 2 years.
      This is very true.

Hmmm...I don't know why I had it in my head that she was remarried. Outcast was the last eppy I watched, so perhaps it was wishful thinking.

As to the John personality angle--I think the Ford situation was a little different. I don't think he felt Ford was directly his fault, whereas with Kolya, Elizabeth's 'death' was a result of him making a gamble and losing. He took it personally. Ford's actions were his own choosing in many respects.

And, Elizabeth is Elizabeth. For me, she was different in John's mind--hence the reactions in eppies like "The Eye" "The Real World" or even stuff like "Condemned" where she might be put in danger and he's protective.

Which was the biggest reason why the whole of S4-5 in general bugs me--that lack of John!craziness in regards to her loss in general. Though, looking back on what I've seen from the episodes as whole seasons now, there is a general aura of darkness to John's personality post-Elizabeth. So maybe the 'mourning' was there indirectly. Those of you who watched the last few of S4 and S5 will know better.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        does anyone think Sheppard will find someone or will tptb just keep him single. i mean mckay has keller, teyla has kanaan and torren. ronan had somebody and woolsey well woolsey's woolsey.
        Now that I had a couple of hours to calmly ponder over the question at work, I came to the decision that John is either gonna have an half-assed fling (like in 'Sanctuary') or that he stays single. Why? Because when the put SGA into movies, they won't have the time to build out a decent love story. Just look at SG: Continuum
        Spoiler:
        When Jack dies, Sam just looks upset and you can read from her face he means a lot to her, but they didn't even write in a decent 'lovers goodbye' or anything like that.

So if they don't do it in Continuum with a ship that's been going on for years, than why would they go to the trouble of providing John with a decent relationship?
        Again, just IMO.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          This is very true.

Hmmm...I don't know why I had it in my head that she was remarried. Outcast was the last eppy I watched, so perhaps it was wishful thinking.

As to the John personality angle--I think the Ford situation was a little different. I don't think he felt Ford was directly his fault, whereas with Kolya, Elizabeth's 'death' was a result of him making a gamble and losing. He took it personally. Ford's actions were his own choosing in many respects.

And, Elizabeth is Elizabeth. For me, she was different in John's mind, which is why the whole of S4-5 in general bugs me, though looking back on what I've seen from the episodes as a whole now, there is a general aura of darkness to John's personality post-Elizabeth. So maybe the 'mourning' was there indirectly. Those of you who watched the last few of S4 and S5 will know better.
          I did and it was. In fact I think now that the series has ended as it did, I will be able to go back and rewatch S4-5 with a different attitude. Well, parts of it anyway. Some eps, like Brainstorm, I will never be able to look at again. Too many people who are in no way shippers have mentioned John's grief for Elizabeth for it not to be noticeable. You don't even need the shippy glasses that some shippers have to wear.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Now that I had a couple of hours to calmly ponder over the question at work, I came to the decision that John is either gonna have an half-assed fling (like in 'Sanctuary') or that he stays single. Why? Because when the put SGA into movies, they won't have the time to build out a decent love story. Just look at SG: Continuum
            Spoiler:
            When Jack dies, Sam just looks upset and you can read from her face he means a lot to her, but they didn't even write in a decent 'lovers goodbye' or anything like that.

So if they don't do it in Continuum with a ship that's been going on for years, than why would they go to the trouble of providing John with a decent relationship?
            Again, just IMO.
            Yeah *sigh*. Although, perhaps we can count our blessings they're not great ship writers. With any other ship it'd be frustrating, but other than the on-screen Season 5 ship, we're a group of shippers who can celebrate a few somethings that are both fanon and canon.

All us sad, angst-loving people. Poor John. We're fighting for his unhappiness. It's kinda Shakespeare-ish, or at the very least Doctor Who.

I did and it was. In fact I think now that the series has ended as it did, I will be able to go back and rewatch S4-5 with a different attitude. Well, parts of it anyway. Some eps, like Brainstorm, I will never be able to look at again. Too many people who are in no way shippers have mentioned John's grief for Elizabeth for it not to be noticeable. You don't even need the shippy glasses that some shippers have to wear.
            Love those objective observers.

I'm still debating whether to d/l GITM itself. The rest of S5, you can have it. Everything has made me rather bitter to the whole thing in general, which is sad, because I love Joe F, David, Robert Picardo, Jason and the whole lot. I even like Kaylee Keller.

If it hadn't been for the way they treated Elizabeth's story (and her fans) I would have been a solid viewer, even for the crappier episodes.

Comment

WOW!! NICE!! Absolutely awesome!! WOW!! I'm not kidding, even though it's short, its' amazing! Post it somewhere so I can nominate it for the awards!!
              It's on my LJ: http://anuna-81.livejournal.com/193867.html#cutid1

Aw thank you!
              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

In case I don't make it back here's wishing everyone a very

Happy New Year!!!
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And I have a fic for you guys! Not long, very subtly sparky - sh, but I hope you'll like it.

For, you, Eri. The prompt you gave me was just awesome! It's not long, but it was written with 100% inspiration and I love when that happens.

"Extraordinary soldiers"

Spoiler:

Acastus Kolya is an extraordinary soldier. All his youth and adult life he aimed to attain military excellence, and in his best years, he is much more than just a soldier – he is a leader, commander and a strategist of unparalleled skill. Coming across of another extraordinary soldier whose qualities match his own is a quite rare occasion.

In Kolya’s experience, a good, utile soldier should be taught, trained and able to read people. He or she should be able to notice what makes the enemies care, what makes them desperate; what makes them stop caring all completely – and should that happen, a good soldier is supposed to plan the best course of action and decide how to effectively neutralize the enemy.

In Kolya’s experience, most desperate soldiers are fairly defeatable – sooner rather than later they make a mistake that costs them their lives.

But when Major John Sheppard kills sixty of his men in complete and unexpected ruthlessness, and successfully avoids every attempt of capturing, Acastus Kolya knows he had met his match. The desperate John Sheppard who has nothing to lose had ceased to care indeed, but unlike most people, he becomes a precise and deadly weapon wielded in the unforgiving hand of revenge. He will not make a mistake, not a single one. John Sheppard is, quite obviously, an extraordinary soldier himself.

Acastus Kolya also knows that a desperate man like John Sheppard with nothing to lose cannot really be defeated. If Kolya is to defeat him and win this fight, he ought to make him care again.

Upon looking at Doctor Weir and her face pale with cold, Acastus Kolya knows there is one single way to make John Sheppard care. Only then does he stand a chance against a formidable enemy like him.
                  Wow! This was great!

sigpic

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Y'ALL! *HUGS GROUP*

See ya next year!

Comment

Does anyone have this picture in better quality?

Or this one without the txt at the bottom?

I'd like to use them for a sig.
                      Thx!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        does anyone think Sheppard will find someone or will tptb just keep him single. i mean mckay has keller, teyla has kanaan and torren. ronan had somebody and woolsey well woolsey's woolsey.
                        I think tptb will keep him single, especially with the serie ending.

According to JM, Elizabeth's story is finished.
                        Uh-huh. Screw them. hee. But then again, JM says a lot of things.

Short but sweet. And subtly Sparky.

What episodes are they from.

Comment

*yawns*

H A P P Y - N E W - Y E A R - E V E R Y O N E!

*stares at the watch*
                          still 2,5hrs to go over here ...

Comment

Over here in the west coast at California, we are now 10 hours and 55 minutes away.

Comment

Just popping in to say Happy New Year to everyone!! I'm in a really grumpy mood and don't really feel like going out tonight but I sort of have to haha. Promised the roommate. But I hope everyone has a fun night!

PS. KrisRussel I recognized the first scene so I grabbed a quick cap of it under the spoiler tags. How does that work?
                              Spoiler:

Sparky on youtube

Comment

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...ate/susp20.jpg

Or this one without the txt at the bottom?
                                http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...strike0651.jpg

I'd like to use them for a sig.
                                Thx!!
                                I have these, not quite the same, but.....

And I also found this in my PB. He really is focused in on her here...

He is soooooo looking at her mouth.

I'm still looking for the first one. From the file name I'm guessing its from Suspicion?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X