Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#1 They have the matching eyes.
    #2 They are completely original.
    #3 They're always watching over each other.
    #4 They'll have beautiful children.
    #5 They finish each other's thoughts.
    #6 They care about each other.
    #7 They make grey BDUs look sexy.
    #8 They are both great leaders.
    #9 They go together like peanut butter and chocolate.
    #10 They take care of the people under their command.
    #11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.
    #12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.
    #13 Their chemistry is hot enough to melt a sun.
    #14 They mirror each other's body language!
    #15 They like to hang out on balconies together.
    #16 Their smiles can light up the entire city. Who needs a ZPM?
    #17 They angst about each other yet still manage to get the job done.
    #18 They can go from flirting with each other to mutually snarking an opponent into the floor at the drop of a hat.
    #19 They would personally risk everything for the sake of the other, but not their principles, no matter the cost.
    #20 Sparky is the obvious ship.
    #21 He cheers her up when she is down.
    #22 She is there for him even when he's turning into a big, ugly, blue bug.
    #23 He risks his life to save her without thought or hesitation.
    #24 He cries for her.
    #25 Her face lights up when he comes home alive.
    #26 He sits on her desk.
    #27 She sits by his side in the infirmary while he turns into a bug.
    #28 She fights to keep him as her second in command and he defends her honor.
    #29 The STARE.
    #30 He defends her when Woolsey questions her decisions.
    #31: She's with him and he's with her, either way or eye-ther way.
    #32: When her name is mentioned somewhere around him he gives a look that he still cares about her.
    #33: He understood that she wouldn't want to live as a machine.
    #34: She understood he would never want her to give in to Kolya's demands.
    #35 He found out when her birthday was so he could give her a surprise present.
    #36 She insisted he be promoted so he would still be military commander.
    #37 She entered the time field to help rescue him.
    #38: She took a chance by asking him on the expedition even though he had a black mark on his record.
    #39 They look cute lying on side-by-side beds in the infirmary wearing their matching patient scrubs.
    #40 They've turned saving each other into an art form.
    #41: They're so obvious everyone else notices.
    #42 He allowed himself to be possessed by an alien for her.
    #43 Though their ideals may sometimes conflict, they're always willing to listen to what the other has to say.
    #44. He knows she'll always say yes, but gives her the puppy eyes just in case
    #45 They're canon, despite everything and everyone.
    #46 They're old souls.
    #47 She forgot protocol to welcome him home.
    #48 He broke quarantine to save her. Twice.
    #49 They will always come home to each other.

#50 They're both hopeless romantics
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

OMG, did any of you watch tonight's episode? Thank goodness Sparky isn't so contrived! *headdesk*

#11 They trust each other to make the right decisions for Atlantis and each other.
      #12 Their concept of "personal space" is much more personal than everyone else's.
      #18 They can go from flirting with each other to mutually snarking an opponent into the floor at the drop of a hat.
      #19 They would personally risk everything for the sake of the other, but not their principles, no matter the cost.
      #24 He cries for her.
      #26 He sits on her desk.
      #29 The STARE.
      #32: When her name is mentioned somewhere around him he gives a look that he still cares about her.
      #38: She took a chance by asking him on the expedition even though he had a black mark on his record.
      #39 They look cute lying on side-by-side beds in the infirmary wearing their matching patient scrubs.
      #43 Though their ideals may sometimes conflict, they're always willing to listen to what the other has to say.
      #46 They're old souls.

#51 She has an instinct for knowing when he's gotten into trouble so that she can have a rescue team standing by.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
        cheers peeps!
        we really do need a few who volunteer to give us some of their (already existing) fanfics
        I'm willing to give you some of mine, if you want them? I'm not certain if they'll be proclaimed, ahem, well enough.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

The more I hear about McKeller, the more I love Sparky.

#24 He cries for her.
          #26 He sits on her desk.
          #29 The STARE.
          #46 They're old souls.
          #51 She has an instinct for knowing when he's gotten into trouble so that she can have a rescue team standing by.
          #52 He tries not to fly into her favourite buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            The more I hear about McKeller, the more I love Sparky.
            I like Mckay/Keller, they are cute.

But see I think tptb took the easy way out and made a ship that people didn't really care about canon. In the end Mckay/Keller being canon affects nothing, so I guess they work. They were the most logical choice, Ronon/Keller changed Ronon too much and he wasn't what they were trying to make him into. Sparky and sheyla won't ever be canon like Mckay/Keller because they are the biggest het ship in SGA, tptb know which is why they never went with it. But at leas Shep/Weir can be interpreted to not have happened because Elizabeth died. "she slipped through his fingers" Shep/Teyla didn't happen because she had a baby with Kanan meaning there was nothing there. In the end after seeing Mckay/Keller if tptb really wanted to make sparky or Sheyla canon they would have, they just didn't want to.
            sigpic
            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
              I like Mckay/Keller, they are cute.

But see I think tptb took the easy way out and made a ship that people didn't really care about canon. In the end Mckay/Keller being canon affects nothing, so I guess they work. They were the most logical choice, Ronon/Keller changed Ronon too much and he wasn't what they were trying to make him into. Sparky and sheyla won't ever be canon like Mckay/Keller because they are the biggest het ship in SGA, tptb know which is why they never went with it. But at leas Shep/Weir can be interpreted to not have happened because Elizabeth died. "she slipped through his fingers" Shep/Teyla didn't happen because she had a baby with Kanan meaning there was nothing there. In the end after seeing Mckay/Keller if tptb really wanted to make sparky or Sheyla canon they would have, they just didn't want to.
              If TPTW's aim with McKeller was to piss off the most fans possible with the least amount of work, they sure succeeded there.

I miss Katie Brown.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                If TPTW's aim with McKeller was to piss off the most fans possible with the least amount of work, they sure succeeded there.

I miss Katie Brown.
                Who did they piss off? I get that some people are not exactly happy but they are like okay whatever moving on to next week. I guess Mcshep shippers are pissed off but it's not like that was ever going to happen. I don't know, I don't know I really don't care. As long as it's not Ronon/Keller or Shep/Teyla I am okay with whatever ship they try to shove down our throats. When I say "our" I don't mean me because I don't watch anymore. lol.

I didn't really care for Katie/Rodney, it was just there. I didn't hate it or love it.
                sigpic
                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Who did they piss off? I get that some people are not exactly happy but they are like okay whatever moving on to next week. I guess Mcshep shippers are pissed off but it's not like that was ever going to happen. I don't know, I don't know I really don't care. As long as it's not Ronon/Keller or Shep/Teyla I am okay with whatever ship they try to shove down our throats. When I say "our" I don't mean me because I don't watch anymore. lol.

I didn't really care for Katie/Rodney, it was just there. I didn't hate it or love it.
                  I really tried to give Keller a chance, because she seemed so promising in First Strike/Adrift/Lifeline, but after two seasons, I've been forced to conclude that she's nothing but a poor replacement for Carson. She's been written so badly, and so much attention has been given to her (especially this season) at the expense of short-changing other characters and more interesting story ideas (in tonight's episode, as just one example, I would much rather have seen John and Ronon go camping on the mainland and have to deal with those dangerous giant snakes we heard about in Lifeline that were never mentioned again!), that there's just nothing about her that grabs my interest. Other fans have described her as being a "Mary Sue" type of character, and that's pretty much what's happened. It's like they're trying too hard to make her something for everybody-- child prodigy, introverted geek, damsel-in-distress, quirky cute girl-- that she just doesn't feel real, if that makes any sense.

I'm not okay with them coming up with any ship and shoving it in our faces if that ship is badly written. I didn't love Katie/Rodney, but frankly, it seemed more believable to me. Rodney's behavior with Katie, as bumbling as it was, felt more real, more human, than this stilted and force-fed feeling I get from McKeller. It's too bad, because with better writing, I'd probably like it. And especially after they've dropped the ball so many times with other possible ships on both SGA and SG-1 that held more potential, it really feels like they're insulting our intelligence to throw this together in such a sloppy way.

ETA: With Katie/Rodney, she never tried to nag Rodney to be something he wasn't (like Keller tried to do with him in BS). She simply accepted his flaws for what they were. And he, in turn, wanted to change himself, to be better for her; that was the whole point of his breaking up with her in Quarantine. It was a really mature piece of character growth for him.

I see a parallel in that with Sparky; Elizabeth never tried to nag John into changing his ways to suit her, nor did John try to do the same with Elizabeth. They felt each other out, learned about each other, sometimes butted heads along the way, and found inspiration in each other to change things in themselves that they realized could be better than before.
                  Last edited by Scary Kitty; 21 November 2008, 11:14 PM.

Comment

@ hopalong: i like the sig! really cool colour!!
                    Thanks

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Hey guys. I just want to say I'm here, alive, tired, sore and not able to do anything constructive at the moment. Had a family of nutjobs in the office today and the daughter almost attacked her dad (physically). Both are taller than me and the kid (teenager) learns karate. I was never afraid in my workplace until today.

Sparky hugs anyone?
                    (((Sparky hugs))) although it might be a bit late

In lieu of the wallpaper sig set today here's a sig to an Avril Lavigne song:

Is there going to be a post-a-thon this weekend?

Comment

cheers peeps!
                      we really do need a few who volunteer to give us some of their (already existing) fanfics
                      You can have mine.

Me, for one. Brainstorm.
                      Spoiler:
                      Now I have a new answer when asked what the worst episode is. It was crushingly mindnumbingly bad. Mostly because no John, but still. I realized that away from the team Rodney is even more abrasive and obnoxious and not in a good way. Even my husband complained and said he wondered what John and Ronon were up to camping. He also for the first time ever said something about recycled plots and the previews for Infection just made him complain all over again. It was way too much like Trinity.
                      I never thought I'd find anything that makes me cringe as much as Sheyla but lo and behold, McKeller does. She's the man, first of all, and there is even less chemistry than with Sheyla which puts it in the cringe and cover your eyes zone. Ewwwww. But that may just be me.

Spoiler:
                      I really tried to give Keller a chance, because she seemed so promising in First Strike/Adrift/Lifeline, but after two seasons, I've been forced to conclude that she's nothing but a poor replacement for Carson. She's been written so badly, and so much attention has been given to her (especially this season) at the expense of short-changing other characters and more interesting story ideas (in tonight's episode, as just one example, I would much rather have seen John and Ronon go camping on the mainland and have to deal with those dangerous giant snakes we heard about in Lifeline that were never mentioned again!), that there's just nothing about her that grabs my interest. Other fans have described her as being a "Mary Sue" type of character, and that's pretty much what's happened. It's like they're trying too hard to make her something for everybody-- child prodigy, introverted geek, damsel-in-distress, quirky cute girl-- that she just doesn't feel real, if that makes any sense.

I'm not okay with them coming up with any ship and shoving it in our faces if that ship is badly written. I didn't love Katie/Rodney, but frankly, it seemed more believable to me. Rodney's behavior with Katie, as bumbling as it was, felt more real, more human, than this stilted and force-fed feeling I get from McKeller. It's too bad, because with better writing, I'd probably like it. And especially after they've dropped the ball so many times with other possible ships on both SGA and SG-1 that held more potential, it really feels like they're insulting our intelligence to throw this together in such a sloppy way.

ETA: With Katie/Rodney, she never tried to nag Rodney to be something he wasn't (like Keller tried to do with him in BS). She simply accepted his flaws for what they were. And he, in turn, wanted to change himself, to be better for her; that was the whole point of his breaking up with her in Quarantine. It was a really mature piece of character growth for him.

I see a parallel in that with Sparky; Elizabeth never tried to nag John into changing his ways to suit her, nor did John try to do the same with Elizabeth. They felt each other out, learned about each other, sometimes butted heads along the way, and found inspiration in each other to change things in themselves that they realized could be better than before.
                      My exact thoughts. Couldn't have said it better. I also gave Gero the big stink eye in Brainstorm when
                      Spoiler:
                      he made it look like John was jealous of McKeller. I really despise when they do that. The McSheps don't need any help and I'm willing to bet it was done in the editing and that JF didn't act it that way. Yet another example of teasing fans. Shameless. All in all Brainstorm left me twitchy and annoyed. And the mile high club scene was just OTT.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        I'm willing to give you some of mine, if you want them? I'm not certain if they'll be proclaimed, ahem, well enough.
                        god, thats be awesome!
                        thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                          you can have mine.
                          thanks!!

edit:
                          you maybe got a link for me where i can find all of them?
                          i've seen that you dont have them in your LJ
                          Last edited by Torri012; 22 November 2008, 04:41 AM.

Comment

hiya guys hows it going?

I miss Katie Brown.
                            I'll have to agree with you there!

Comment

thanks!!

edit:
                              you maybe got a link for me where i can find all of them?
                              i've seen that you dont have them in your LJ
                              I don't have them all in one place. Some are on Command Dynamics here and I'll add the others when I get back from FL. Thanks.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Ahem. Did someone just say
                                Spoiler:
                                mile high club scene??????
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X