Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Some narrow space would be even better *calls for more plot bunnies because damn it we need more hot!sparky fics*
    D'oh! The infamous supply closet...

Of course, after they've been passing the time *cough* waiting to be rescued, they both confess spiders don't really bother them.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      D'oh! The infamous supply closet...

Of course, after they've been passing the time *cough* waiting to be rescued, they both confess spiders don't really bother them.
      Yes, yes, definitely. I read your fic about the sleigh ride yesterday. *happy sigh*

I was thinking about doing something like sparky santa. I wonder how many people would be interested - I know December is still pretty far away, but it's never too early for good planning and organization.

So. Who would like to participate in little seasonal fun? Gifts for your sparky friends or something fun done on weekly basis? Or Twelve days of Sparky Xmas?
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yes, yes, definitely. I read your fic about the sleigh ride yesterday. *happy sigh*

I was thinking about doing something like sparky santa. I wonder how many people would be interested - I know December is still pretty far away, but it's never too early for good planning and organization.

So. Who would like to participate in little seasonal fun? Gifts for your sparky friends or something fun done on weekly basis? Or Twelve days of Sparky Xmas?
        You know me - the queen of fluff! Remember that half-finished fic you looked at for me? (Great feedback by the way...) I'm still mulling over how I want to finish that and I've got some ideas to run by you. It's got to wait until the fall yardwork gets done though...

I think some kind of holiday Sparky entertainment would be fun! And planning now would be a good idea so we have plenty of time to work on it.
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Great! You can run those ideas by me any time!!

Okay, who is for holiday fun? Lemme hear ya!

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
            Sam with me and mum, we usually call for a neighbour or my granddad to come and get it. I'll never forget the time it was on my lap in the car....*shudders*
            Man, I'd be in absolute hysterics if that happened to me. Ever since I was bitten by a huntsman in the middle of the night, I haven't been able to stand any spiders except Daddy Long-Legs. Rolling over to turn the lamp on and finding a large spider rearing up at you tends to do that!

Here's my next wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

Comment

Hehe, what if John hates spiders and Lizzie has to rescue him? *snickering*
              Pulls out extract from an old spider story I had.

Come into my parlour

Spoiler:
              Using the flashlight from his P-90 in the semi-darkness, Sheppard turned it towards the noise. In the distance, the shadow of a large spider leg appeared. “I hate bugs.”

Turning the safety off, he turned to face Elizabeth. “When I say run, head back the way we came as fast as you can. I can’t fight this thing in an enclosed space, should I need to.” He pointed out the obvious reason as to why ‘cave-in,’ with the tip of his gun

The creature edged further forwards and soon, John and Elizabeth could see it’s solid form. Its big brown spiky body slowly inched towards them as it sized up it’s pray.

The minute it hissed, John yelled at Elizabeth. “RUN!”

With the snow crunching beneath their feet, they ran back as fast as they could to the cavern. The spider gathered speed and chased after them.

Elizabeth looked back to see it gaining on them, John was bringing up the rear. “We’re not going to make it.”

“Just keep running. What ever happens don’t stop.”

John knew the spider was almost on top of them. Risking a cave-in, he turned round a let a few rounds from his gun. The spider quickly inched back to avoid being hit and it lashed out a leg in the guns direction. But John was able to snap it back, before it could knock it from his grasp and continued to run forwards.

John noticed Elizabeth had fallen in the snow and was struggling to stand back up. The injured arm wasn’t helping. Rushing forward to help, John grabbed her left arm and pulled her back into a run.

The move, gave the spider enough time to run a claw along John’s back, tearing through his clothes and scratching his skin. He screamed out and arched his back.

Panic stricken Elizabeth helped him to regain his composure, John tried to push her on, but she refused to budge. It was too late anyway, the spider had gained the upper hand using the roof as a pass point it positioned itself in front of them.

A web suddenly shot out from its spinneret and it caught Elizabeth in the face. Screaming in a pain from its sting, she let go of John to wipe it straight off with her hands, which had proven to be a mistake, as they now stung too and she wiped them on her clothes.

This angered John. He aimed his gun once again, and shot wildly at the creature that was almost twice his size.

With its legs flaying about, it eventually managed to knock the gun from John’s grasp; having sliced through the strap, despite the dozen hits it took it was still standing.

Positioning himself in front of Elizabeth John pulled out his knife from its stealth and challenged it. “Come on then, you overgrown beast.”

The sound of another spider behind them caught their attention and he moved Elizabeth up against the wall of the cave so he could keep a close eye on both of them.

John could see his gun a few inches in front of them. He could see the waving of her hands as she constantly tried to remove the webbing from her face, he risked a glance to check. “It’s all gone.”

“It still stings.”

The spiders slowly moved closer towards them, John decided to risk it and pulled out a grenade.

With her back against the wall; and John’s had his against her, for protection. Elizabeth could see what he had reached for and tugged on his shoulders. “You sure that’s wise?”

John bent his head towards her and silently whispered back. “You got a better idea?”

Elizabeth didn’t have time to answer, because the forward spider decided to rush them. John quickly pulled the pin from the grenade and threw it at the spider and quickly pulled Elizabeth to the ground covering her as it went off; snow piled down on top of them as it did.

Elizabeth woke up, to freezing temperatures; a lot colder to what she felt previously. Looking around as best she could, she could see she was trapped by several inches of snow and ice. But that wasn’t what scared her; it was the fact John was nowhere to be seen so far as she could see.

Elizabeth tried to pull herself out from the mountains of snow, but was unsuccessful on the first attempt. The second proved more so and she wriggled herself free. Grateful, that the snow hadn’t completely engulfed her otherwise she would have suffocated for sure.

She was certain John wasn’t caught up in it, because he would’ve been on top of her had he been. She could see the grenade used had killed one spider, but the other was nowhere to be seen; it didn’t take long to put two and two together.

Looking around Elizabeth spotted a trail of blood leading further into the tunnel. She didn’t have to guess who’s it was. John’s gun was left poking out from under the snow; pushing it off she retrieved it, mainly for the use of the light; she hoped she wouldn’t have to use it.

Checking the safety was on, on the P-90, she made her way deeper into the tunnel. Being ever so cautious that the remaining spider didn’t pounce on her unexpectedly.

Spider webs soon, started to show as Elizabeth walked further in, a good bet that she was heading in the right direction. But the deeper she got they were becoming more and more present; using the tip of the gun she dispersed them. Being careful, not to come into contact with them due to the last experience.

Elizabeth soon came to a dead end, when a wall of webs blocked her way. She desperately wanted to call John’s name to see if he was near, but it could bring the spider running; it was probably his whistling that attracted their attention in the first place.

Elizabeth tried her radio, but as suspected the frequency was out of sync and needed to be adjusted, because all she received was static; she made it a point to remind John about them, when she found him, if she found him; she shook the thought from her mind.

There was no guarantee how much time John had left, before he became the spiders’ dinner. She knew she didn’t have time to start searching every other tunnel. “Oh to hell with it.” Covering her face she pushed her way through the cobwebs, ignoring the searing pain as it rubbed against her bare skin.

Reaching the end of the tunnel, Elizabeth found herself in a wider part of the cave system. Her hunch had proven correct; there suspended in the centre of the room, and cocooned from shoulders to toes in the middle of a spider web was Major John Sheppard.

Relief flooded through her, knowing she had found him. Getting him down though, was going to be a problem. He was suspended over ‘what appeared to be’ a bottomless chasm and the lone spider stood by the edge of it. Probably building up an appetite before eating, it’s dinner.

Elizabeth noticed the spider was missing one of eight legs; and she could see it on the ground at the opposite side of the chasm and next to that was John’s knife. At least she knew he didn’t go down without a fight. Would explain why the spider didn’t come back for her in a hurry.

A light whistle woke John out his sleep; needed to conserve energy even though it was warm, the webbing was compressing him.

The noise came again, but it echoed around the small cave and John couldn’t pin point it; he could see it had attracted the spider, it made its way forward towards the entrance to the tunnel, and he followed its gaze and could see what it saw. “Elizabeth. Elizabeth shoot it.”

Fumbling with the gun, and keeping an eye it, Elizabeth tried to turn the safety catch off, only to find it was jammed. “Not now, please.” Her heart rate, quickened when the spider took the opportunity and quickened it’s pace.

Temporally conceding defeat with the gun Elizabeth Un-Ceremoniously dived out the way of the oncoming spider, incidentally dropping the gun in the process.

The spider didn’t miss a beat from the unexpected move as it scurried up the iced rock face having reached a dead end and continued with its relentless advance.

Elizabeth re-spotted the knife glistening in the snow and took the opportunity to run over to reach it. Skidding a little on the way due to the rush, giving the spider a little time to play catch up as it used the rock face to pick up speed.

She could hear John continuously, yelling her name in fear for her safety, whenever she was in immediate danger from the spider.

Reaching the knife Elizabeth grabbed it with her right hand and turned to face the approaching spider, which rounded on her, her back now facing the edge of the chasm.

With each approaching step from the spider, Elizabeth moved that little bit further back, when suddenly her left foot slipped a little; she quickly levelled it out and took the risk to look behind herself; seeing the long drop below she quickly tensed up and turned back to face the spider whom had jumped towards her when her back was turned for that second.

Without hesitating Elizabeth once again dived out the way, only this time to the side. With no support due a failed shoot of a web, the spider flew over and fell down the big hole, screeching a deathless noise as it fell into the darkness below.

Elizabeth stayed ‘back to the snow’ where she was for a few minutes as she contemplated what had just took place, how she nearly became the spiders second catch of the day. It was John who snapped her out of it. “Hey, don’t leave me hanging.”

Elizabeth didn’t bother to move as she tried to catch her breath. “Tell me how to get you down, and I’ll be happy to provide assistance. The minute my head stops spinning.”

John easily took her point. “Maybe it’s best if we wait…”
              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

What a busy morning. I have tons of things to do but am lazing around on here. I have a spider plot bunny I may let loose later.

And I'm all for some early Christmas fun. Bring it on.

And now for the reason I'm ROTFLMAO this morning. I've been over on the Lost Tribe episode thread. First of all the good stuff.
                Spoiler:
                There was shirtless Shep. Yes friends, that tremor you felt last night shortly after 9pm EST was the fangirl squee. He had glass in his back and was sitting up shirtless in the infirmary while the nurse picked it out of his back. We got a long slow scan of said smooth tanned back with lots of boo boos and then a front view. Unfortunately it was only from slightly below the shoulders up. Shy Joe? The reason I am laughing is that certain shippers are vowing to stop watching because once again their girl got left behind and John was quizzing one of the travelers about Larrin and what she thought of him. Hey, in my view he misses Elizabeth and needs some comfort. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

There was no bad stuff worth mentioning. Oh and
                Spoiler:
                the love triangle is kaput. Ronon lost. *Sad eyes.*
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  What a busy morning. I have tons of things to do but am lazing around on here. I have a spider plot bunny I may let loose later.

And I'm all for some early Christmas fun. Bring it on.

And now for the reason I'm ROTFLMAO this morning. I've been over on the Lost Tribe episode thread. First of all the good stuff.
                  Spoiler:
                  There was shirtless Shep. Yes friends, that tremor you felt last night shortly after 9pm EST was the fangirl squee. He had glass in his back and was sitting up shirtless in the infirmary while the nurse picked it out of his back. We got a long slow scan of said smooth tanned back with lots of boo boos and then a front view. Unfortunately it was only from slightly below the shoulders up. Shy Joe? The reason I am laughing is that certain shippers are vowing to stop watching because once again their girl got left behind and John was quizzing one of the travelers about Larrin and what she thought of him. Hey, in my view he misses Elizabeth and needs some comfort. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

There was no bad stuff worth mentioning. Oh and
                  Spoiler:
                  the love triangle is kaput. Ronon lost. *Sad eyes.*
                  ...true, but...
                  Spoiler:
                  they didn't exactly say Rodney won, either. I'm not sure who I would want to, ahem, 'win' that contest...

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                    ...true, but...
                    Spoiler:
                    they didn't exactly say Rodney won, either. I'm not sure who I would want to, ahem, 'win' that contest...
                    True
                    Spoiler:
                    I don't really care either but McKeller just makes my skin crawl. I think she and Ronon are cute in a vague I could care less sort of way. lol She did say she has feelings for someone else and the spoilers pretty much tell us who. So *shrugs*

And on topic again. Um...ah...John still looks so sad without Lizzie.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm in for it.

Didn't watch TLT.

Spoiler:
                      Only episodes I've seen were S&R, Seed, GitM and parts of Whispers. S5 sucks, though I'm looking forward to next week.

Comment

Originally posted by LtCdrFlygirl View Post
                        ...true, but...
                        Spoiler:
                        Spoiler:
                        ... The guy she's interested in could still be Sheppard

Comment

Originally posted by pajus View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          ... The guy she's interested in could still be sheppard
                          no.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            ... The guy she's interested in could still be Sheppard
                            So true!, but here is what I think that they are going to leave us hanging again, like the same thing with Sam/Jack. The triangle will be never ending.
                            All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
                              So true!, but here is what I think that they are going to leave us hanging again, like the same thing with Sam/Jack. The triangle will be never ending.
                              ...maybe she's into:
                              Spoiler:
                              Caldwell! LOL...

Comment

*ahems*

Can we have a pic of shirtless Shep, please? Seems that's the only good thing about this ep. *snickers*

Also? Who'll write me "Five times Elizabeth saw John shirtless" fic? Smut is welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X