X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Possibly. Or in the closet.

The underwear one is probably the easiest to write

My theory is that its a continuation of the subtle dig at JF by JM. Shep is the star of the show, the one we're supposed to like above all others. He shouldn't be made to look bad repeatedly to punish JF for speaking out. Not particularly professional, especially when there are movies to consider.

Oh noes. What out for that wind
    You read my mind. He's the supposed star, but IMHO has always been overshadowed, inconsistently written and now is being written badly. But I doubt JF is going to suddenly become a kiss up and stop speaking out.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

G'day Sparkies. I do have net access up here.

I haven't seen Whispers yet but I already have a list of complaints about it.

I don't want Mallozzi to come anywhere near Carson Beckett again. Ever. Sheppard? Keep your distance, too.

Stop *****ing with my characters, omg.

Comment

Haven't seen Whispers yet, but I hear there's no Teyla... Oh yay me, the one who falls in love with the characters that are not being loved by their creators. *sigh*
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Haven't seen Whispers yet, but I hear there's no Teyla... Oh yay me, the one who falls in love with the characters that are not being loved by their creators. *sigh*
          It's probably a good thing Teyla wasn't in it. Given the bad light it showed everyone in (no pun intended), zero screentime was probably a good thing in this case.
          sigpic

Comment

Lets see here:

Carson -- dead/OOC
            Elizabeth -- floating in space/disappeared in space
            John -- OOC
            Rodney -- OOC/overused
            Teyla -- underused
            Ronon -- underused
            Radek -- sexual deviant (wtf.)
            Lorne -- still there, but for how long?
            Kate -- dead.
            Ford -- declared dead on a blog.
            Katie B -- gone.
            Cadman -- gone.
            Caldwell -- barely there.

'nuff said.

Comment

I'd add:

Ronon - grunts. That's it
              Carter - OOC, fired (not AT, Carter)
              Woolsey - OOC completely new character
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                ((hugs))

I see I need to finish one of my WIP fics soonish.

I also think we could use some fun. Motivational posters anyone?

Spoiler:
                Her hair looks like a crown.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                *politely refuses chocolate* Sorry, I don't hate him. I hate the way they write him. Having read the blog of doom during the filming of this ep, I'm not surprised that Sheppard came out this way. Maybe next week he'll be himself again.

And the problem was not with
                Spoiler:
                the salute. I think they portray him as being uncomfortable with formality. Plus the Air Force does not salute in the field anyway, so he should have reprimanded her for saluting in the first place. How did she get to be a major without knowing when to salute? Or was she doing it hoping a bad guy with a gun was watching? Anyway, the problem was the same as always, talking too much, making noise at the wrong time and questioning orders. When he got back to Atlantis, he should have braced the 2 surviving military women and given them the dressing down they so richly deserved. Then on the other hand, he was sexist and snappish. The writer threw military protocol out the window and made Sheppard into an unlikable sexist with incompetent troopies who don't respect him. And as a lot of people have said on the ep thread, he should have known who was on Teldy's team.
                I'll just put my fingers in my ears and say he's not thinking because he's still gobsmacked over Elizabeth. lalalala
                He's never liked the military formality though.

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                G'day Sparkies. I do have net access up here.

I haven't seen Whispers yet but I already have a list of complaints about it.

I don't want Mallozzi to come anywhere near Carson Beckett again. Ever. Sheppard? Keep your distance, too.

Stop *****ing with my characters, omg.
                I wanted Carson to stay put too. I liked having him around.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                I'd add:

Ronon - grunts. That's it
                Carter - OOC, fired (not AT, Carter)
                Woolsey - OOC completely new character
                Bring back the old, original characters, nooooo. We're losing them all, as they're all being gradually written out. I did like Woolsey though but Sam being kicked out, nooooooooooo! She was one of the best of all.
                sigpicI love the Lord my God with all my heart!!!!http://www.geocities.com/Lessien2002 Save stargate sg1!!!! Let us shippers have a good resolution please!!!! My fanfiction http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1023184/- there's more to come!
                My GW fanfiction-http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ogetherat.html
                http://www.fanfiction.net/c2/37559/3/0/1/-the c2 community sam/jack relationship community.
                http://www.petitiononline.com/P3X595/petition.html
                Now is the time for us to shine, to shine with the power of Christ Divine! The Lord has promised us revival and it WILL come!

Comment

Yeah, I didn't really mind Sam after awhile. Though I would much rather keep Lizzie and have Sam take Teyla's place on the team when Teyla is pregnant.

Comment

Yeah, I didn't really mind Sam after awhile. Though I would much rather keep Lizzie and have Sam take Teyla's place on the team when Teyla is pregnant.
                    And where would that leave Teyla? Supporting more walls? *iz not amuzed*
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I'm being charitable with a worst-case scenario which is just as bad. No, my choice would be to hide RL's pregnancy and just give her lots of plot and keep Lizzeh as leader. I prefer as little crossover as possible.

Nice to know Midway is blown up to prevent such horrors.

Comment

I'm being charitable with a worst-case scenario which is just as bad. No, my choice would be to hide RL's pregnancy and just give her lots of plot and keep Lizzeh as leader. I prefer as little crossover as possible.

Nice to know Midway is blown up to prevent such horrors.
                        It was always my understanding that they wanted Carter there from the get go, instead of McKay, but s8, then s9 & 10 deferred that. But that's jsut my interpretation of a comment heard ages ago, so I may be way off. It'd be interesting to see how the show would have developed in that scenario.

Would she have been the head of SGA1 with Shep as her 2IC? Or would there be a s9/10 scenario? Maybe she'd have stayed in the city and had more of a Hammond type role as the military commander under Weir. Who knows. I doubt they'd have gone for 3 female leads in that case. Either Teyla or Weir would have been nixed (hard to say which, right now I'd say Weir, but they loved her initially, so maybe Teyla would be Terrence)

Midway might be gone, but there's always Deadalus/Apollo/Phoenix/ZPM express route.
                        Last edited by gateraid; 06 September 2008, 04:58 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Blow up the ships while you're at it, too

Comment

Blow up the ships while you're at it, too
                            Borrow something from the gateraid school of writing, huh? Let's have ourselves a big 'ol nuke-o-rama!
                            sigpic

Comment

They do underuse characters a lot don't they. Makes me sad, as for me the characters' journeys are the really interesting part of the show, or any drama. I mean, I adore Rodney's, but give the other characters something too! Falcon Horus is right - Teyla is not used nearly enough to her potential. And Liz was one of the most underused characters ever! Sigh.

I'm wondering if they're ever going to use something I noticed in 38. John was going to say something when he thought he was going to die, but we never found out what it was. I wish they'd put that in somewhere. I hate when things get forgotten like that.
                              ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                                They do underuse characters a lot don't they. Makes me sad, as for me the characters' journeys are the really interesting part of the show, or any drama. I mean, I adore Rodney's, but give the other characters something too! Falcon Horus is right - Teyla is not used nearly enough to her potential. And Liz was one of the most underused characters ever! Sigh.

I'm wondering if they're ever going to use something I noticed in 38. John was going to say something when he thought he was going to die, but we never found out what it was. I wish they'd put that in somewhere. I hate when things get forgotten like that.
                                As much as I'd like to flat out say he was about to declare his deep & unyielding love for Elizabeth, its a bit too early for that. And yet it makes no sense otherwise. From a shipper perspective, Teyla was right there and so was Rodney, so if he had something of that nature to say to her, he could have just quietly done so.

They're only a couple of eps into their mission, so its not like he'd have any vital info to impart. He may have been about to suggest a replacement, but Elizabeth would most likely just nominate the next highest ranking officer (Ford at the time, unless they had any other secret officers somewhere).

But the scene at the end, in the infirmary, gives it a shippy overtone IMO. It's just dumb on TPTW's part. She asks him what he was going to say, he fobs her off, and then she waits til everyone leaves to question him. If it were a matter of business (eg I wanted you to abandon Atlantis & try to get home), he'd have said so right then and there. But they're giving each other sly looks & grinning from ear to ear.

As much as I love that scene (it's actually one of my faves), I do see it as rather pointless. I know when they're trying to foreshadow things; on a show like SGA foreshadowing is not done in a subtle manner, and yet I can't believe it was their intention to do so here. Did they not look at the dailys? Or the script for that matter?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X