Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Have you ever heard the term "deteriorating orbit"? She'll burn up in the atmosphere within months
    I haven't even seen GitM yet... was this space gate even orbiting a planet? Anyway, even if it was, it's probably high up enough that Franibeth and the other Replicators wouldn't be in any danger of deteriorating orbit. Getting dematerialized by the kawoosh of an incoming wormhole, however...

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    All of us said a year ago that SGA gets canned. No surprise.
    Nope, definitely no surprise about the news. It's been long overdue.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Season 5 spoilers and beyond.
      Spoiler:
      Ok, I'm seriously pissed. Not surprised, mind you... but really pissed. Just when I started to get hope about the future of Atlantis (and Sparky), they freaking cancel it.

The treatment this show has gotten from TPTB is appalling. I've never seen another show that has screwed people over so frequently.

Season 2 they get rid of Ford
      Season 3 they get rid of Beckett
      Season 4 they get rid of Weir
      Season 5 they get rid of the entire freaking show!

They could have owned up to their mistakes, but they didn't... and now the actors and the fans (continue to) pay.

If the show wasn't going to get better (and Torri/Weir wasn't going to come back full time) then, I guess, whatever... I'd just as soon not keep my hopes up and watch them continue to flush the show down the toilet. But they could have at least tried to fix it.

And now I'm going to go listen to angry Kelly Clarkson songs and work through my frustrations in Paint Shop Pro... preferably on something Sparky. *clings to the Sparky*

(edited because I made a boo-boo and said they got rid of Carter in Season 5, which wasn't true, Amanda left voluntarily, which given the circumstances now... was probably a very smart move, lol. Anyways, thanks Scary Kitty for pointing that out. )
      Last edited by lifeistoobrevis; 20 August 2008, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Sonofa.... is it true????
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptJamieway View Post
          Season 5 spoilers and beyond.
          Spoiler:
          Ok, I'm seriously pissed. Not surprised, mind you... but really pissed. Just when I started to get hope about the future of Atlantis (and Sparky), they freaking cancel it.

The treatment this show has gotten from TPTB is appalling. I've never seen another show that has screwed people over so frequently.

Season 2 they get rid of Ford
          Season 3 they get rid of Beckett
          Season 4 they get rid of Weir
          Season 5 they get rid of Carter and the entire freaking show!

They could have owned up to their mistakes, but they didn't... and now the actors and the fans (continue to) pay.

If the show wasn't going to get better (and Torri/Weir wasn't going to come back full time) then, I guess, whatever... I'd just as soon not keep my hopes up and watch them continue to flush the show down the toilet. But they could have at least tried to fix it.

And now I'm going to go listen to angry Kelly Clarkson songs and work through my frustrations in Paint Shop Pro... preferably on something Sparky. *clings to the Sparky*
          Actually...
          Spoiler:
          they didn't "get rid of Carter." Amanda Tapping chose to leave SGA so she could concentrate her time on her original series, Sanctuary.

I have to say, in light of SGA's cancellation, both Tapping abandoning ship and Torri saying no to GitM makes the two of them look even more like geniuses than they already do. Bravo to the both of them for getting out when they did.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Actually...
            Spoiler:
            they didn't "get rid of Carter." Amanda Tapping chose to leave SGA so she could concentrate her time on her original series, Sanctuary.

I have to say, in light of SGA's cancellation, both Tapping abandoning ship and Torri saying no to GitM makes the two of them look even more like geniuses than they already do. Bravo to the both of them for getting out when they did.
            Yes yes, I agree with you! Let's hope we get a real tribute to Weir in those movies, like bringing her back home to her family?!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              Sonofa.... is it true????
              Yep.

Comment

Yes yes, I agree with you! Let's hope we get a real tribute to Weir in those movies, like bringing her back home to her family?!
                I highly doubt that's going to happen. Mallozzi and Mullie are doing the SGA movie. *gags*

Oh well, bring on the fanfiction!

Comment

» I just had to LOL at SGA's cancellation, actually. The Anti's were saying this a year ago and *aha* we were right. 'cos a large portion of us here are in the anti sector...

» What Anuna said. I can't tell you how much more than EVER I think this movie should definately feature Weir and be centred around the ORIGINAL ATLANTIS FAMILY. This means the movie will have minimal, if any Carter, Keller, or Woolsey. It should be focusing on ELizabeth, John, Rodney, Carson, Teyla, Ronon, and recurring characters like Radek, Caldwell, Lorne, Kate, Cadman, etc.

» I can't tell you how much I want SGA to end on a good note. Doing the above will do it.

Comment

I highly doubt that's going to happen. Mallozzi and Mullie are doing the SGA movie. *gags*

Oh well, bring on the fanfiction!
                    And who cares? It won't be on TV and I doubt it will sell like Continuum. Let's hope
                    Spoiler:
                    some cast members show them the middle finger and there won't be any sheyla. I'll be happy with that.

Comment

And who cares? It won't be on TV and I doubt it will sell like Continuum. Let's hope
                      Spoiler:
                      some cast members show them the middle finger and there won't be any sheyla. I'll be happy with that.
                      Heh.
                      Spoiler:
                      *prays that Flanigan gives 'em the finger*

Comment

Heh.
                        Spoiler:
                        *prays that Flanigan gives 'em the finger*
                        Same here.

Comment

Actually...
                          Spoiler:

You're right.
                          Spoiler:
                          In thinking up all the (main) characters that have left... I forgot she did so voluntarily. I get reckless when I'm upset, lol.

Comment

I would think they would be obliged to be in the movie since they had 6 year contracts, right? I want the show to end in good note, I really really want Torri/Elizabeth back in the end. TPTB need people to buy their movies, they need the fans, so they need Carson and Elizabeth fans.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                              I would think they would be obliged to be in the movie since they had 6 year contracts, right? I want the show to end in good note, I really really want Torri/Elizabeth back in the end. TPTB need people to buy their movies, they need the fans, so they need Carson and Elizabeth fans.
                              Depends on whether or not there was a clause in the contracts for doing movies in the event the series didn't make it to 6 seasons.

As for having Elizabeth in the movie at all... after the way that the character's been treated these past two seasons, with that cherry bomb of GitMo on top, I'm not holding my breath.

Bring on the fanfiction!

Comment

I haven't even seen GitM yet... was this space gate even orbiting a planet? Anyway, even if it was, it's probably high up enough that Franibeth and the other Replicators wouldn't be in any danger of deteriorating orbit. Getting dematerialized by the kawoosh of an incoming wormhole, however...
                                Two things:
                                1: Spacegates have stabilizing thrusters that prevent them from falling down

2: Have you ever heard the name Isaac Newton?

Comment

Working...
                                X