Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The last scene in that movie just screams Sparky. I found this vid and here's the last scene

OMG!Sparky *weeps*
    And we're back to the happy land of AUs!

I love the song from that movie. There needs to be a sparky vid to that song.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      There's also Stargate Universe to consider. They've kept saying that they don't really want to do Universe while Atlantis is still in production; they may keep Atlantis on for one more year while they get Universe ready, then drop Atlantis at the end of S6 to bring on Universe. Atlantis hits the magic 100th episode at the end of this season, so it'll be safe to dump it into syndicated reruns, and as we've discussed before, at the end of S6, a few of the cast contracts (Flanigan, Luttrell and Hewlett at the least, don't know about the others' status) will be coming up for renewal. Renegotiating those contracts is definitely going to increase the cost of making the show, perhaps beyond what they're willing to pay if they've got another, cheaper (in terms of cast salaries) show waiting in the wings.
      Let me be a little evil and say bring on the sinking of Atlantis. I hate the fact that they are making me hate the characters that I love.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Can you imagine Sheppard stuck off-world, without supplies... making up a wildlife menu? Finding all sorts of new ways to cook them, which he can then present to Elizabeth.
        Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        The attempt gave me a plot bunny - John trying to survive for days in some not so welcoming environment while Atlantis is searching for him. It would be good for character study. Right now I'm not in the mood for it.... hmmm, if he and Elizabeth were together and lost I can imagine him making all kinds of small and big sacrifices just to keep her safe, fed and warm.
        You know, in the bargain section at my local Barnes & Noble, they've got a reprint of the US Army Survival Manual. It's full of detailed info on how to survive in the wilderness with only a few basic items that a soldier would normally have with him, like a knife, fishing line, poncho, etc. Stuff on how to rig up a shelter in all sorts of conditions from jungle to blizzard, how to catch animals for food, purify water... I keep thinking I should just pony up the $8 and get the darn thing, because it sound like it'd be damn useful for researching some stranded!Sheppard whump.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You know, in the bargain section at my local Barnes & Noble, they've got a reprint of the US Army Survival Manual. It's full of detailed info on how to survive in the wilderness with only a few basic items that a soldier would normally have with him, like a knife, fishing line, poncho, etc. Stuff on how to rig up a shelter in all sorts of conditions from jungle to blizzard, how to catch animals for food, purify water... I keep thinking I should just pony up the $8 and get the darn thing, because it sound like it'd be damn useful for researching some stranded!Sheppard whump.
          And do we get a fic? I want some John in survival mode to go back home fic. With sparkyness. After Sennacherib I need something to heal my heart. Sad fic, but a good one, and it shows how to deal with people dying in fiction.

Comment

Lightening things up. In case you don't know the quote, it's from Con Air. Possibly one of my all time favorite movie quotes evah. Love Nicholas Cage in that. And it has to be said with an Alabama accent.

Spoiler:
            Hee! Watching that scene from Critical Mass never fails to slay me... mainly because you can tell that JoeF is trying sooooo hard not to laugh his butt off. He must've been having an insane amount of fun shooting that scene.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

And do we get a fic? I want some John in survival mode to go back home fic. With sparkyness. After Sennacherib I need something to heal my heart. Sad fic, but a good one, and it shows how to deal with people dying in fiction.
              Heh. I'm actually thinking of incorporating something like that into my S5 AU. (And I finally figured out the framing story for the first part! Yay! Maybe I can actually get it done before the end of next week! *happy dance*)

Comment

Heh. I'm actually thinking of incorporating something like that into my S5 AU. (And I finally figured out the framing story for the first part! Yay! Maybe I can actually get it done before the end of next week! *happy dance*)
                Do you need a wall to bounce off the ideas? I'm kind of desperate to have a positive sparky discussion, because I feel the doom and gloom that is Elizabeth - less SGA all over again. Damn it I didn't need that last night's discussion.

Comment

The last scene in that movie just screams Sparky. I found this vid and here's the last scene

OMG!Sparky *weeps*
                  *sniffles* Happy reunion! *squees*

Comment

Do you need a wall to bounce off the ideas? I'm kind of desperate to have a positive sparky discussion, because I feel the doom and gloom that is Elizabeth - less SGA all over again. Damn it I didn't need that last night's discussion.
                    Oh, I've got so many crazy ideas for this fic. It's gonna be all over the place! There is some gloom and doom, but there's also happy fluff, smutty fun... you name it, it's probably in there. And yes, of course there's a happy ending. I'm crazy, but not crazy enough to have a sad ending.

Want me to pm you with details?

Comment

I'm contemplating writing a companion piece to "When I see the Sun again", but from John's perspective.

Ten years of John's life on Atlantis.... what could have happened?

Comment

I'm contemplating writing a companion piece to "When I see the Sun again", but from John's perspective.

Ten years of John's life on Atlantis.... what could have happened?
                        I have an idea for a second installment based on Broken Arrow. Stay tuned.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yay! I am definitely staying tuned for that. In the meantime, remeber the exploded cake? I'm about ti finish that fic

Comment

Oh, I've got so many crazy ideas for this fic. It's gonna be all over the place! There is some gloom and doom, but there's also happy fluff, smutty fun... you name it, it's probably in there. And yes, of course there's a happy ending. I'm crazy, but not crazy enough to have a sad ending.

Want me to pm you with details?
                            YES! Go for it, I need something like this.

Comment

And you gave me an idea for Atlantis - The Later Years. It's a parody. Don't worry, I probably won't finish it
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                And you gave me an idea for Atlantis - The Later Years. It's a parody. Don't worry, I probably won't finish it
                                And what is it about? Do we even want to know?

Comment

Working...
                                X