Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
    Sebechvala smrdi (translates into "Self-praise stinks")
    Ja sam zakon! (means I am awesome)

I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

From the Carl Binder interview (spoilers for Elizabeth season 5):

Spoiler:
      "We haven’t seen the last of the Replicators, even though we thought we had," Binder told GateWorld. "But there’s a few loose ends in regards to what happened to Elizabeth Weir that will be addressed, and that storyline will continue. And also with the addition of Woolsey to Atlantis, there’s a new order as far as how Atlantis proceeds."

So I'm taking this to mean Elizabeth still isn't definitely dead at the end of GITM.

What do ya'll think?
      sigpic
      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Ja sam zakon! (means I am awesome)

Strange... In Czech, that phrase translates into "I am law"

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Spoiler:
          "We haven’t seen the last of the Replicators, even though we thought we had," Binder told GateWorld. "But there’s a few loose ends in regards to what happened to Elizabeth Weir that will be addressed, and that storyline will continue. And also with the addition of Woolsey to Atlantis, there’s a new order as far as how Atlantis proceeds."

So I'm taking this to mean Elizabeth still isn't definitely dead at the end of GITM.

What do ya'll think?
          Spoiler:
          It means Carl Binder wants Lizzie back and probably left the door open for her to come back as played by Torri Higgnson. *hopes* I'll love Carl forever if he did and is fighting to get Torri back.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
            Question: Have you guys discussed the teaser trailer for Ghost in the Machine? How does everyone feel about it?

How I feel is below, don't read if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:
            I for one am kinda pissed off now that Torri chose not to play her part in the episode. Where 'Fran' says "I'm Elizabeth Weir" I mean, if it had been the REAL Elizabeth then it would have provided for amazing sparkage, especially if by Elizabeth coming to Atlantis, she leads the replicators to them, which is what I think is going to happen based on another part of the teaser trailer.

*sigh* I respect her decision to turn down the script, but it was written by Carl Binder wasn't it? And no one writes sparky like Carl does. We could have had so much angst. Something to keep the ship alive and fresh....

Because while I enjoy watching the old episodes and looking at the awesome pictures that you guys are putting together, in my opinion a ship can go stale if new blood isn't infused into it. Hence why I write fanfiction, but it's always nice to see some shipage on screen.

There, I've said my piece. I'm off to work on my essay.

And you really want to see
            Spoiler:
            Torri playing her in the episode that will probably ruin the character even more? If they had good plans for her, we wouldn't wave TMC and the rest of the season 4, or the Woolsey fiasco. If Torri turned it down, and if she said she would not come back while the current writers are writing the scripts, then I'm afraid it wasn't all that good.

Binder also wrote the crap that is Quarantine.

As for new blood... yeah, it's nice to have it on screen but I prefer three seasons of good stuff than five seasons of crap.

Speaking of fanfiction.... any new stories?

Comment

Spoiler:
              Torri playing her in the episode that will probably ruin the character even more? If they had good plans for her, we wouldn't wave TMC and the rest of the season 4, or the Woolsey fiasco. If Torri turned it down, and if she said she would not come back while the current writers are writing the scripts, then I'm afraid it wasn't all that good.

As for new blood... yeah, it's nice to have it on screen but I prefer three seasons of good stuff than five seasons of crap.

Firstly, my fanfiction has been updated and you'll be happy with where I'm taking it Anuna. It's now called Changing Tides of Atlantis and I'm taking season 5 in a whole new direction which I think you in particular will absolutly love.

In terms of new blood---while the majority of season 4 I hated, the episodes with Torri in I loved, simply because Torri was in it and the sparage was amazing.

Also, I loved Quarintine personally.

And in terms of 'GITM' Anuna
              Spoiler:
              We have no idea what the script is. All I know is that this episode could possibly lead off into more stories in season 6. I know that the writers screwed up season 4 but I'm concinved that if Torri had been contracted for more episodes and she had been mentioned in those episodes that she wasn't in, the entire season would have been better than it was.

Also, I loved 'This Mortal Coil' I mean it was sad and all but it had great sparkage and in terms of the whole Woolsey fiasco, well if you've been watching season 5 you'll see that he's getting better rather quickly, despite the fact that I've been missing Torri terribly, he's tolerable--more so than Sam I'd say [[And I love Sam]]

We don't know why Torri turned it down. And she turned it down before the script was written. And I don't believe she's said anything about the current writiers....

But that's how I feel.
              Last edited by Anjirika; 08 August 2008, 12:27 PM.
              sigpic
              Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
              |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Hints of Sparky friendship here

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post

Spoiler:

What do ya'll think?
                  Spoiler:
                  Hm, vague as usual for Atlantis TPTB. Bolded part - I hope they do leave her ending open. I don't see anything what actually hints at them killing her off - again - but seriously? After all the crap we've seen, does it really matter any more? The show is pretty much unrecognizable (just look at the promo pic of season five. Familiar faces anyone? I had "OMG who's the guy in black - oh that's John" feeling when I saw it. I guess i distanced myself from canon.

Elizabeth lives on thanx to her fans. Remember guys, we survived TMC. This? This should be piece of cake because it's not even Torri playing her. It makes all the more easier to twist the story any way we want it. I'm just sick of them and their attempts of ruining the character I love so much. *sticks tongue at canon*

That's what I think.

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  Strange... In Czech, that phrase translates into "I am law"
                  That is the literal meaning.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Spoiler:
                  It means Carl Binder wants Lizzie back and probably left the door open for her to come back as played by Torri Higgnson. *hopes* I'll love Carl forever if he did and is fighting to get Torri back.
                  Spoiler:

My guess as well. If he did a good job I might forgive the Quarantine. Wait. he wrote the belly - patting scene. No, I'm not forgiving him.

Snark over. For now.

Comment

I just posted something on that....what do YOU think? ^_^
                    About what? (I'm kind of sleepy here)

Comment

Spoiler:

My guess as well. If he did a good job I might forgive the Quarantine. Wait. he wrote the belly - patting scene. No, I'm not forgiving him.

Snark over. For now.
                      Spoiler:
                      What's so bad about that scene?

Comment

Question: Have you guys discussed the teaser trailer for Ghost in the Machine? How does everyone feel about it?

How I feel is below, don't read if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:
                        I for one am kinda pissed off now that Torri chose not to play her part in the episode. Where 'Fran' says "I'm Elizabeth Weir" I mean, if it had been the REAL Elizabeth then it would have provided for amazing sparkage, especially if by Elizabeth coming to Atlantis, she leads the replicators to them, which is what I think is going to happen based on another part of the teaser trailer.

*sigh* I respect her decision to turn down the script, but it was written by Carl Binder wasn't it? And no one writes sparky like Carl does. We could have had so much angst. Something to keep the ship alive and fresh....

Because while I enjoy watching the old episodes and looking at the awesome pictures that you guys are putting together, in my opinion a ship can go stale if new blood isn't infused into it. Hence why I write fanfiction, but it's always nice to see some shipage on screen.

There, I've said my piece. I'm off to work on my essay.
                        I think it's because I've stopped watching the show 2 seasons ago that I'm honestly not as bothered as some people. I've grieved, I've let go and the only thing that I still care about is sparky
                        Spoiler:
                        YES it's not Torri playing Elizabeth but I guess for me it's the character more than the actors playing the characters. I'm not happy that it was done but at least Elizabeth is still somewhat in Atlantis and it will give us something, new sparky moments. We still got John half of the otp so yeah while Elizabeth might be different I can still ship them because well I shipped Doctor/Rose. I guess after that it becomes easier to accept face changes.

However if this goes on for longer than one episode I will slap someone.
                        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

Except that
                          Spoiler:
                          Torri isn't coming back and the actress who played Fran says point blank that she's Elizabeth Weir. So we DO have Elizabeth back, just not the actress that we fell in love with.

That's how I feel.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            That would be awesome. I have a feeling we'll either love or hate this episode.

Spoiler:
                            I wonder if
                            Spoiler:
                            Torri turned it down because it didn't give her character closure, just left her hanging like they do so many characters.

I forgive him for that one because that was when they were holding him hostage and forcing him to write "other things." Right RP? LOL

I have zero expections of this show now, so anything I like is a win. However, I'd trade it all in a heartbeat for a return to what we had pre-Sunday. (Except John
                            Spoiler:
                            crying over Elizabeth in Adrift; that moment needs to be kept somewhere...)
                            sigpic
                            sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

I think it's because I've stopped watching the show 2 seasons ago that I'm honestly not as bothered as some people. I've grieved, I've let go and the only thing that I still care about is sparky
                              Spoiler:
                              YES it's not Torri playing Elizabeth but I guess for me it's the character more than the actors playing the characters. I'm not happy that it was done but at least Elizabeth is still somewhat in Atlantis and it will give us something, new sparky moments. We still got John half of the otp so yeah while Elizabeth might be different I can still ship them because well I shipped Doctor/Rose. I guess after that it becomes easier to accept face changes.

However if this goes on for longer than one episode I will slap someone.
                              If the storyline goes on for more than one episode this season (which I don't think it will) I might be happy depending on how it goes. And too, I grieved for Elizabeth's passing and I cherished the few episdoes that she was in in season 4 and I just wish that she was in season 5 as well.

John is great as the other half of the OTP yet whenever she's been mentioned, and she has been mentioned there hasn't been any longing looks...which angers me a little.
                              sigpic

Comment

If the storyline goes on for more than one episode this season (which I don't think it will) I might be happy depending on how it goes. And too, I grieved for Elizabeth's passing and I cherished the few episdoes that she was in in season 4 and I just wish that she was in season 5 as well.

John is great as the other half of the OTP yet whenever she's been mentioned, and she has been mentionedthere hasn't been any longing looks...which angers me a little.
                                That is the beauty of not watching the show anymore. I don't know that. LOL.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X