X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Don't kill me, go get Larrin!
    Pajus: HK, you heard the lady.

HK-47: Eager query: Do you have a photograph of the meatbag called Larrin? Request: I could also use any information regarding the current location, customs and weaknesses of my target

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Weirdly, I went to my 2nd job today wearing a plaid/flannel/lumberjack shirt. Before I had read this thread. I hardly ever wear that. Get out of my head!!
      First we have a discussion about wash cloths on another thread and then you show up over here talking about plaid shirts. We are in your head and you can't get us out.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        First we have a discussion about wash cloths on another thread and then you show up over here talking about plaid shirts. We are in your head and you can't get us out.
        Insert evil laugh here......MUUUUUUUAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAA........

Um, that seems a lot more evil when you hear it than when you read it.....
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
          Hi all, quick post before I run off to a lecture.

I just posted a new , complete SGA story - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4453332/1/Homeless
          I read it! Write more, please!
          sigpic
          Signature by Erin87

Comment

And just when I've gotten up to the sweaty part in my crack!lumberjack!smut fic. But I'm tired and the smut will have to wait until tomorrow. *evil laugh*

And no, John is not cutting wood in a kilt. *chases plot bunnies with an ax*

You know in the really old days in Scotland, they wore just a plaid which was a big piece of cloth that they folded around them kiltlike and then over the shoulder where they secured it with a pin. Release that pin and give a little tug and who knows what would happen. Just sayin'.
            All this kilt talk and suddenly I get a mental images of the knife-wielding John in SR's sig wearing a red plaid kilt with pleats, complete with a sporran, kilt hose and some Ghillies. It would go quite nicely with the black t-shirt. So thank you very much, peoples.

EDIT III: Were there No Man's Land questions?
            I promised them for, er, NOW!

I'm off to a water park to-day, so I'll be gone, but as my legacy I leave you questions:

NO MAN'S LAND:

1) How did you feel about Elizabeth asking Caldwell to sacrifice his ship (and crew) to stop the hives?

2) Did you enjoy the 'humor' element of Rodney and Ronon trapped in the cocoons? Or was it just majorly annoying.

3) Was the IOA's request to pull Elizabeth off base reasonable in the context of the story?

4) How did you feel about seeing Landry and SG-1 set again?

5) Was Michael a believable character in this story? Did you honestly believe he was capable of betraying the Queen?

6) How did NML function for you as a S3 premiere? What worked, what didn't?

7) How did you feel about the sacrifice of the Orion? Waste, or worth it for the SFX?

8) NML has a number of subtly suspenseful moments, both action and non-action--which gave you the most 'angst'?

9) Is Ronon's anger at Michael justified? Why do you think they continue to make him hostile to Michael?

10) Was the 'cliffhanger' at the end an adequate one?

AND FOR 10 POINTS: Name the movie that John is referring to when he says "I saw it in a movie once," about hiding his F-302 in the shadow of the hive ship. It's probably easier than you think.
            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I prefer wearing plaid to the image of JF getting out of the shower *shudders*

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I promised them for, er, NOW!

I'm off to a water park to-day, so I'll be gone, but as my legacy I leave you questions:
              Sorry, didn't mean to prod, just thought I'd sailed right over them

NO MAN'S LAND:

1) How did you feel about Elizabeth asking Caldwell to sacrifice his ship (and crew) to stop the hives?

As Eri rightly pointed out, and as Caldwell said in Aurora, Weir's discretionary power 'ends at that hatch'. She has to ask him and he can always say no. Logically, there really isn't another option. The hive has to be stopped

To me, the scene played oddly. Caldwell is somewhat muted. Given his background, you'd think he would be the one to bring the idea to her, and have her be the one who has to make the choice. After all, at that point he is her highest ranking military advisor

2) Did you enjoy the 'humor' element of Rodney and Ronon trapped in the cocoons? Or was it just majorly annoying.

Like most 'humour' on SGA as seasons progressed, it's funny-ish, but they need to learn to dial it back a bit

3) Was the IOA's request to pull Elizabeth off base reasonable in the context of the story?

I suppose it was reasonable, but I still didn't like that whole storyline. It was faux tension. They were never going to overrule her. Landry, as her CO, could also have overruled her decision, but chose not to (even when she said that she messed things up) because sending the Deadalus was the only option.

4) How did you feel about seeing Landry and SG-1 set again?

Ol freaky eyes? Given that I never gelled with Landry (I keep getting this 'oh Beau, what have they done to you' vibe off the character) I was probably a little biased anyway.

The trouble with running the two shows like that is that when you do a crossover in that context, it makes one side look incompetent, because the other has to shine.

5) Was Michael a believable character in this story? Did you honestly believe he was capable of betraying the Queen?

He himself pointed out that he no longer had a place there. He was merely doing what the Lanteans were - trying to survive. I wouldn't have picked that he'd be the one to suggest sending the gas though.

6) How did NML function for you as a S3 premiere? What worked, what didn't?

Yawn.

The IOA storyline (for both shows) was extremely overplayed. They whine, but don't actually change things much. It gets old pretty quick
              I can see why it was in there - to give Weir something to do other than wringing her hands - but it lacked tension

Given the situation, Michael had to help them. Security is obviously fairly lax on those hives . As I said, I didn't expect him to be the one to suggest the gas

To be honest, the most interesting thing about it was that they ran out of oxygen in a rare nod to real life

7) How did you feel about the sacrifice of the Orion? Waste, or worth it for the SFX?

I suppose it got three eps (Inferno, Allies and NML). They always destroy their new tech and ships so I didn't expect it to last long

8) NML has a number of subtly suspenseful moments, both action and non-action--which gave you the most 'angst'?

Probably when the ep finished and I thought 'oh crap, i hope the entire season isn't like this'

9) Is Ronon's anger at Michael justified? Why do you think they continue to make him hostile to Michael?

It's consistent with the character. In his previous eps, Michael has proven that he can't be trusted. The Lanteans have played a huge part in that, almost setting things up for their own betrayal, but ultimately he does betray them because its in his nature. So yes, Ronon is justified in his anger. After all, the wraith subjected him to an unusual type of torture (turning him into a runner) becuase its in their nature.

10) Was the 'cliffhanger' at the end an adequate one?

No cliffhanger. If they'd taken out the tbc bit, that probably would be fine. It's like they were trying to say we're saved yay! oh wait we're not!

AND FOR 10 POINTS: Name the movie that John is referring to when he says "I saw it in a movie once," about hiding his F-302 in the shadow of the hive ship. It's probably easier than you think.

Spoiler:
              Star Wars. Han Solo parks his falcon on an empire triangle shaped ship. Don't remember which movie.
              sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                Star Wars. Han Solo parks his falcon on an empire triangle shaped ship. Don't remember which movie.
                Spoiler:
                I'll help you: The Empire strikes back

Comment

Feeling creative. I did these while talking to my brother on the phone so I didn't completely waste the morning. And the first one is for gateraid.

Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

» MUAHAHAHAHA! We is evil

Feeling creative. I did these while talking to my brother on the phone so I didn't completely waste the morning. And the first one is for gateraid.

Spoiler:

» OMG. I love ye.

Comment

Spoiler:

These are so completely AWESOME! WOOT!

ETA: What website do you go to for the poster template?
                      Last edited by SMB_BOOKS; 07 August 2008, 09:49 AM. Reason: ETA: What website do you go to for the poster template?
                      sigpic
                      Signature by Erin87

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                        These are so completely AWESOME! WOOT!

ETA: What website do you go to for the poster template?
                        Go here: http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php

It's easy.
                        sigpic

Comment

I LOVE you for this. You have a PM waiting for you. I need your help and advice. *iz waiting*
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

And I made it!

Spoiler:
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by anuna View Post
                              and i made it!

Spoiler:
                              anuna - for the win!
                              sigpic
                              Signature by Erin87