Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Oh yeah, I wanted to share my fic link like a couple of you asked of me when I suggested writing one.

You guys can let me know what you think. Keeping in mind...I'm a total newbie. ; ) Also a slave to shippy romantic fic...

The Opposite Side of Goodbye is here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2519396/1/

I loved this fic.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Agree that it is nice and second your post! Coming from the old land of X-file message boards it is a huge change to see people being civil. LOL. Those old boards used to be a free for all and shippers were attacked on all sides -constantly. There doesn't seem to be the backlash against shippers in the stargate community that existed in the XF one.

-Bama ; )
      It's nice they gave us our own little sandbox to play in. That way we don't bash each other over the head with our shipper/anti-shipper pails.

Comment

Oh yeah, I wanted to share my fic link like a couple of you asked of me when I suggested writing one.

You guys can let me know what you think. Keeping in mind...I'm a total newbie. ; ) Also a slave to shippy romantic fic...

The Opposite Side of Goodbye is here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2519396/1/

Bama, I loved this fic. It was wonnderfully written and I can actully see the the characters doing what you were describing. And that kiss!! Damn girl I'm suppose to be working and now I'm just waiting to get out of here so I can watch Atlantis and see the two of them. Great job! When can we expect the next one?

The moment that did it for me was like Athena "The Eye". When it said he was going to kill Koyla after he was told she was dead and then went into Action Shep mode and saved her. That was it, I was done.

I never watched SG-1 entirely, it never grabbed me. But Atlantis from episode one, got me and has not let go. And I get all geeky when I talk about it and I'm about to hit the big 3 0. It is so nice not feel alone, that people feel the same way.
        Lady F

Comment

Actually, the most startling thing for me was when Major Fischer and I got to talking about this ship back in the Jack/Sam thread. I had thought I was crazy for thinking there might be Shep/Weir. But like so many, the most surprising thing for me was the gate room scene in The Eye. And it was the reason this thread got started.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
            See in this pic I could absolutely see her being early 30s. Is all to do with the angle/hair/makeup.
            I have people picking my age at anything from 24-34 --- you can never tell (am 34, BTW)
            Hey, looks like this thing is back up. I checked it on my lunch and the site was down. I love Fridays-short days at work and you get to relax and kick back and enjoy Atlantis. It reminds me of how I enjoyed Fridays when XF used to run that night before switching to sundays.

Speaking of, I agree that there do appear to be a lot of xf/crossover to atlantis shippers here. I don't know why and maybe it is because of Torri's 'strong female' portrayal alongside Joe's very different 'John' but this is the first relationship that has really interested me on television since xfiles. I assume that's true for a few others as well judging by what I'm reading.

As for the age thing, you're right in that you can never tell. I think a lot of how age shows in the over 30 range is in how you dress, how you wear your hair, how much you smile, the stress you deal with and the like. I'm 36 and I'm around a lot of young people and their parents when the schoolyear starts and a lot of them are stunned that I'm "old enough" to be an administrator. ; ) It's a nice compliment to hear someone say you couldn't be over 30 but sometimes, it is good to 'look' your age. Believe me, there are plenty of days that I feel like I'm more like 86.

Glad you all that read the fic seemed to enjoy it. Makes writing more pleasurable to know others enjoy it. However, I've fallen for this duo so hard that I think I could write one and not care if anyone but me read it. ; )

-Bama

Comment

Bama, your fiction was excellent beyond words. I swore when I started this that I wasn't going to read fanfic. That lasted about a week. Now I can't get enough, and my library books are overdue. I don't remember being surprised at any shippy moments. From the beginning I just expected them. I've always had trouble seeing other people's point of view, but it just seems so obvious to me. Anvil time. Is it mass hypnosis or a group delusion? How long until 9pm?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

5 hours, 22 minutes, 30 seconds.

Comment

Nice story Bama. Wow! Over 6000 posts. Since we're all sharing, I turned 30 last May. Well, that's all I got for now.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                    5 hours, 22 minutes, 30 seconds.
                    Just to show my utter devotion ( some may refer to it as total madness of course)to this ship and being ever hopeful that we get some squee!!!worthy moment(s) , I`ll check in at the raw hour of 3.am (+2 GMT) to peek in here *fingers crossed*

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
                    - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

I was a XF-Mulder/Scully-Shipper too... (and sam/Jack in SG1)

@Bama: Your fanfic is really great! loved it... made my terrible working-day much better (today was a VERY strange day...it's 10.40 PM over here, so that's why I'm speaking in the past happily it's over!), in any case, I'm looking forward to read more FF's from you

will be happy to read here about today's episode tomorrow morning (sounds strange...maybe just my bad english!)

Comment

Bama, I loved your fic.

The most surprising moment for me was the way John acted during The Eye, but even more so was the intense scene when John shot Kolya and Elizabeth was so very shocked afterwards. Torri's reaction was perfect and there were all these little subtexts going on...wow. Just...wow. And I was in the middle of resisting what was happening to them big time. It felt so strange to be so deeply conflicted about a ship, when usually I'm pretty open to them. But I couldn't help being drawn in...

I also shipped Mulder and Scully...probably one of the most amazing ships ever. Their chemistry was incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                          Bama, your fiction was excellent beyond words. I swore when I started this that I wasn't going to read fanfic. That lasted about a week. Now I can't get enough, and my library books are overdue. I don't remember being surprised at any shippy moments. From the beginning I just expected them. I've always had trouble seeing other people's point of view, but it just seems so obvious to me. Anvil time. Is it mass hypnosis or a group delusion? How long until 9pm?
                          Gracias, I've told myself that I wasn't going to write or read anymore either and like you, that pledge didn't last through this relationship. ; ) You reminded me of something too. I remember when I first watched Atlantis for the first time a couple of months back, that I had no clue who was doing what or who was 'in' with who or what and like you, I *immediately* zoned in on John and Elizabeth not just as interesting individuals but I supposed as the obvious pairing on the show. And all I'd seen was a discussion between them under duress.

So also like yourself, I have a really, really difficult time 'seeing' any of these other 'pairs' that people like when it was to me, as obvious as the nose on my face that John and Elizabeth were meant from TPTB over Atlantis to forge a pair bond from the get go and I've seen nothing in the seven or so complete episodes I've watched to convince me otherwise.

Maybe if I had watched from the start, I might have more questions about the possibility but I really doubt it. It really is THAT obvious to me. Of course, Mulder and Scully were obvious to me too and goodness knows, it took an act of near mutiny from fans for that one to come off. I don't know if that was the way it was 'supposed' to be planned from TPTB originally or not but sometimes, like with the XF, you just have to trust that chemistry your actors have with each other and listen to what the fans are seeing and go with what the audience wants to see happen.

Pretty obvious to me from the fanfic and websites and growing posts here on the message boards that an overwhelming majority of shipper fans can see things as clearly as we can and they love the couple.

-Bama ; )

Comment

My, this has become quite the analytical thread! Whew, no way I can catch up!

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
                              My, this has become quite the analytical thread! Whew, no way I can catch up!
                              Having a bit 'o trouble keeping up with all the intelligent women-folk?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I just attempted my first fan fic in a long time and its a shweir adventure, can you guys(and gals) tell me what you think? One thing, I came up with this story with semi spoilers in mind, most if it is complete fiction and takes place in the near future of atlantis.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...anaverage.html

Comment

Working...
                                X