Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyF
    Loved seeing Weir in all the different tops in the first part of the first season, however I don't remember her wearing anything different then the red top short or long sleeve and the standard uniform pants for the second half of the first seasion and so far from what we have seen this season as well. And from the pictures they have been showing for up coming episodes that will not. I guess they are making that her standard uniform.

She looks good in tank tops like the one in Underground and red is a good color on her. Wish we can see John in a turtle neck or even in the long sleeve shirt he was wearing when he went on the balcony with Elizabeth in Underground. He looked good.

Have we ever seen her in black? I think she would look very nice, but do you think she would look too severe? I wouldn't want that.

Good sci fi is about special effects. Great sci fi is about people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      Ok, first...If I haven't said so...Simon is a putz. Second, I never want to see her at another guy's house unless it's john's. Does John have a house? Cabin in the woods? (Grief I hope not after SG1's relationship crap)

Now while I agree that she should neve be at another guys house unless it's John's, I can't agree that Simon is a putz. He is not. He just made the mistake of getting involved with an alpha female of the highest order. He got run over and now he's recovering from the experience.

Comment

First off, I love you for this. Don't let it go to your head. ; )
        LOL *head explodes from hug ego inflation*

Whooo...double entre there at the end...a little Flirty!John to kick the ship off right! I may have to pay 19 bucks just to see Rising. When does that DVD set come out anyway? dangit. Not soon enough. And...I think I like Comforting!Elizabeth a lot from the small taste I've had.
        Dvd Box set doesn't come out til November!! I hate waiting so long for them! *sobs*

And how many fanfics have been done to tell us what that 'lost message' from John was? ; ) Any recs? Obviously another hint at shippiness by the writers there...if the message wasn't personal in nature, John would have flippantly spat it out for her.
        I actually wrote a fic a while back as a continuation of that scene in the end of "38 minutes." Here's the link if anyone is interested.
        An Honor to Serve

Ok, first...If I haven't said so...Simon is a putz. Second, I never want to see her at another guy's house unless it's john's. Does John have a house? Cabin in the woods? (Grief I hope not after SG1's relationship crap)
        LOL. As for John having a house, no one really knows. Since In "Home," John made a comment that his home for the last eleven months (oops not six) before he left for Atlantis was at a base in antarctica. So i'm guessing he doesn't own a house at least none that we know of.
        Last edited by Athenaktt; 01 August 2005, 07:47 PM.
        ~Athena

Comment

She's worn black suits twice, once in New Order, and once at the end of Rising.

Whooo...double entre there at the end...a little Flirty!John to kick the ship off right! I may have to pay 19 bucks just to see Rising. When does that DVD set come out anyway? dangit. Not soon enough. And...I think I like Comforting!Elizabeth a lot from the small taste I've had.
          I'm not sure I'd classify it as flirty. I think John's mostly surprised in it, and is responding in a somewhat playful manner to cover his surprise. But that last scene was what convinced me that theirs was going to be an interesting relationship, romantic or otherwise.

(And DVDs come out in November, alas!)

And how many fanfics have been done to tell us what that 'lost message' from John was? ; ) Any recs? Obviously another hint at shippiness by the writers there...if the message wasn't personal in nature, John would have flippantly spat it out for her.
          Lots. There's been lots of discussion on what he was going to say to her and why he had something to say to her. My opinion is that it wasn't anything remotely like "I love you"; rather, I think he was addressing her because she would have doubtless blamed herself. Losing Colonel Sumner as her chief military advisor was quite a blow. Losing John too would have been devastating, and for once John realized what that was going to mean to her job.

John had been in Antarctica for eleven months prior to joining the expedition, so no, he doesn't have a house or, Lord forbid, a cabin in the woods. (Must not be disgruntled Sam/Jack shipper!) Simon was actually quite sweet in that episode, but... it wasn't really him. And for some reason I got the idea in that episode that he was totally out of character, acting more like she wanted him to than how he actually would.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by manybleemsago
            That's so true about them both. That
            Spoiler:
            hug
            between the two showed that so much - especially John. If he and Elizabeth ever got together, he would be incredibly tender with her.
            Aww..that almost made me tear. ; )

Yep, I love the word 'tender'. I hear Elvis in my head crooning.

I know we keep coming back to it but it's pretty obvious that John hasn't had a woman that really loved him his entire life like Elizabeth could. I think he can already sense those deep emotions in her and doesn't quite know what to make of them.

That
            Spoiler:
            HUG surprised him, shocked him and melted him at the same time.
            What is John's backstory? Family life not that strong? Ever married?

The character depth is just incredibly RICH for these two. They're both searching for something in their lives and yet they don't know a lot of what the answer is may be just under their noses.

I'm diggin it.

-Bama ; )

Comment

What is John's backstory? Family life not that strong? Ever married?

-Bama ; )
              That seems to be a question on everyone's lips right now. John is right now pretty much an enigma for everyone. We don't reallly know much about his back story, other than the black mark he has for defying orders to help other servicemen in Afghanistan.

But I hear we there will be some more of Sheppard's back story in "Epiphany," which is something I look forward to.
              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
                That seems to be a question on everyone's lips right now. John is right now pretty much an enigma for everyone. We don't reallly know much about his back story, other than the black mark he has for defying orders to help other servicemen in Afghanistan.

But I hear we there will be some more of Sheppard's back story in "Epiphany," which is something I look forward to.

Enigma is the word. Back when I said I'd think about Sheppard and post some thoughts on him, the first phrase that came to mind was "an enigma wrapped in a riddle." He's been a tough one to get to know.

Comment

Aww..that almost made me tear. ; )

Yep, I love the word 'tender'. I hear Elvis in my head crooning.
                  I have to confess...I kinda teared up when I wrote it too.

I know we keep coming back to it but it's pretty obvious that John hasn't had a woman that really loved him his entire life like Elizabeth could. I think he can already sense those deep emotions in her and doesn't quite know what to make of them.

That
                  Spoiler:
                  HUG surprised him, shocked him and melted him at the same time.
                  I keep watching it over and over every day or so.

OCD. Sometimes it's a beautiful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt

But I dont think he's a mystery to Elizabeth. In Rising she tells ONeil shes read Sheps file. She knows the dirt. Spill it E!!

Comment

I have to confess...I kinda teared up when I wrote it too.

I keep watching it over and over every day or so.

OCD. Sometimes it's a beautiful thing.
                      I have to admit. I haven't watched Siege 3 completely since the airing on TV. Everytime I watch it I get stuck at that one particular scene and never finish the episode.
                      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

There's been lots of discussion on what he was going to say to her and why he had something to say to her. My opinion is that it wasn't anything remotely like "I love you"
                        Oh, TPTB will milk it til about season six before we get those three words out of his mouth and when he does say it from his near death bed, she'll think he's so high on pain meds that she'll mutter something like, "Oh, brother..." and roll her eyes as she walks away.

Er...wait this is Atlantis. They won't be that cruel will they? ; )

Comment

Now while I agree that she should neve be at another guys house unless it's John's, I can't agree that Simon is a putz. He is not. He just made the mistake of getting involved with an alpha female of the highest order. He got run over and now he's recovering from the experience.
                          LOL! He's a PUTZ. I've seen him on screen all of one time and he refused to follow that magnifient piece of womanhood on the adventure of their lives.
                          Plot device would be a nicer word...Me? I'm stickin with PUTZ. Wimpy one at that. ; )

-B

Comment

Oh, TPTB will milk it til about season six before we get those three words out of his mouth and when he does say it from his near death bed, she'll think he's so high on pain meds that she'll mutter something like, "Oh, brother..." and roll her eyes as she walks away.

Of course they would. These are the Stargate PTB.

Man, you people talk like crazy. I'm away from my computer for eight hours, and there's four more pages I need to read. I gotta backtrack a bit and say that I really love this picture. Weir looks so calm and patient there, nevermind the big men pointing lots of hurt at whatever or whoever she's looking at. I really can't wait to see what's happening in this one.

a time to mourn

Comment

I like the pic too. She looks real powerful just standing there with these dudes with guns like RIGHT NEAR HER! I would love to be one of those dudes in that pic!

Oh well, I wanna see that ep. She looks so hot!
                              Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Bama, lets hope they aren't as cruel as some OTHER PTB *crossing fingers* not naming names of course... But i get the impression that being a prerequisite of being a PTB is that you milk everything

Lovebar made by natz099
                                My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Working...
                                X